Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SER19

A very ordinary player capable of the occasional extraordinary game

Borys

Statistics Wizard
His dribbling in midfield is very dangerous: for the opposition if it's successful, and for us when not.

Good game (especially second half) from him, gave the ball away away a few times but had some good moves too. Was he always so slow on the turn?

Art

Art the artist
Literally put Marcus 1v1 against a flat footed defender against the run of play. He was good today.

He'sRaldo

People are praising his defensive game but I'm really tired of this deep role we have him in. It doesn't benefit him or us.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He never fecking moves. Good on the ball, zero presence otherwise. He plays adagio adagio all the time.
That is what I saw too. He slowly takes position and then walks around midfield, at some point Sevilla players understood they can get with the ball very close to him as he's not making any tackles.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He took his time to get into the game but I felt he did well. The problem was creating sustained control today and I think we need to do better than just patches of dominance. Easier said than done, I guess.

Eddy_JukeZ

He got off to a slow start, but he had a good game I thought.

His dribbling in midfield is high risk/high reward.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Laid it on a plate for Martial in the second half. That really should have been a goal.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Played very well alongside Fred in the double pivot, like others have said he took a bit to get into his stride but once he did he played well. He beat the press excellently today.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
According to some he was liability when he was actually fair few who actually played well

He'sRaldo

You would need a diamond formation which comes with its own problems.
True, most formations will come with their own issues.

I just don't see the massive advantage of one of our best players playing a suboptimal role. I mean praising Pogba's defending in a game we lost just sounds like a waste to me. He created good chances as well, so I'm sure a few yards further he could do even more damage.

el3mel

He had a solid game, should have picked an assist at least if not for our ridiculous finishing.

Irrational.

He was good: a safe, risk-free display. Though I do wish he'd do some of the stuff he did in his first couple of seasons with us: shield the ball better, make more progressive runs and take a few more shots from outside the box.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Another great game.

Nobody can criticise his work rate and effort of late. A few sloppy passes here and there but some beautiful work in midfield the 2nd half especially. He and fred ran the game.

RUCK4444

Another great game.

Nobody can criticise his work rate and effort of late. A few sloppy passes here and there but some beautiful work in midfield the 2nd half especially. He and fred ran the game.
Agree. Surprised Matic didn’t get on, was he injured? Would have liked to see Pogba push up at times, he comes alive on the edge of the box.

Jaykespeare88

Thought he was great tonight, the way he drew players towards him them spun away was :p
Its risky but when its works its just what we need to break that press and release our quick forwards

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm torn because on his day he obviously can be WC, tonight I thought he was mostly very good but there's something nagging away at me that the balance was better when it was Matic + Fred + Bruno

Copa Mundial

True, most formations will come with their own issues.

I just don't see the massive advantage of one of our best players playing a suboptimal role. I mean praising Pogba's defending in a game we lost just sounds like a waste to me. He created good chances as well, so I'm sure a few yards further he could do even more damage.
Very good point, I personally would love to see Pogba playing further forward. I'd be happy if we never had to talk about Pogba's defensive game ever again.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
A very ordinary player capable of the occasional extraordinary game
Whilst this has generally been true, I liked his performance tonight. he was disciplined, did some heavy lifting and put in a shift for his teammates, whilst still prone to some occasional sloppiness. He also proved many wrong by forming an understanding with Fred as a double pivot, and that effort considerably reduced Seville’s attacking potency. He was certainly not at fault for our loss.

I’d be more than happy to accept 38 similar performances from him next year, it’s the kind of platform we need so Bruno and MMM(J) can score goals and win games.

Last edited:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He played well defensively and did ok going forward. The midfield battle was even, with both teams dominating for certain spells.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I thought he was awful first half but I wil give him credit he was one of our best players second half. Not his fault at all we didn't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.