6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBurner

Im still here cracking up at the fact I read somewhere he wants to leave because he wants to play in brunos position and isnt happy playing so deep. His self awareness is in the negative. At least now we know he thinks he is bigger than the club. All these years of him dribbling and having fun with the ball in front of our box finally makes sense. I always wondered how he hadnt learned in 5 years to just keep it simple like a normal midfielder.

United Junkie

Pogba though ...

I know, I know, I should'nt mention hair but that was a massive feck up. He always maintained it was because he'd played for France a week or two earlier but I never bought that. His hair was City blue, not France blue. If Roy Keane had been in the team or SAF had been in charge he would not have been allowed to go onto the field with that hair. No way. If it was only for the national team, he should have known the controversy it would cause and cut it off but no, let's play against our biggest rival, who my agent has just been trying to offer me to behind the scenes with my hair dyed their colour. Just incredible. I had actually forgotten that but it kind of typifies his stay here.

He always knew what he was doing and I always have struggled with those who say they support United but have always seemingly fallen on the side of Pogba.
I don't think he did. It's Pogba you know. He does things without thinking. There was no evil master plan behind the blue hair. He was and still is just a kid in a adult man's body. It's time to say goodbye in january.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I don't think he did. It's Pogba you know. He does things without thinking. There was no evil master plan behind the blue hair. He was and still is just a kid in a adult man's body.
You honestly don't think someone, a team mate, Jose, any one of a number of stafff at Carrington, wouldn't said to him in the lead up to that match ... 'Paul, dude, the hair ... it's like, you know, City's colour'? Come on. Especially after it being revealed that very week regarding Raiola offering him to City? Sorry matey, you're way more trusting than I am.

He'sRaldo

Thats a daft take. One is a club legend who lives and breathes for the club, the other is is a mercenary who constantly have taken sly digs at the club despite the club bending over backwards to appease him

If Pogba wanted to leave he could have handed in a transfer request and bowed out gracefully in January. Instead he chose to stir up shit and potentially unsettle the dressing room at the eve of a season defining fixture. Its simply unforgivable
See I agree with you and others hammering Pogba. I gave him benefit of the doubt when it happened before but at this point it's obviously deliberate and trying to stir up something.

My issue is the insults, especially when they specifically complain about such language in other threads. That's why your posts come off as entirely fair, while theirs come off as hypocritical.

United Junkie

You honestly don't think someone, a team mate, Jose, any one of a number of stafff at Carrington, wouldn't said to him in the lead up to that match ... 'Paul, dude, the hair ... it's like, you know, City's colour'? Come on. Especially after it being revealed that very week regarding Raiola offering him to City? Sorry matey, you're way more trusting than I am.
No because yet again, it's Pogba, not some 3D chess player with IQ level 2000. And Jose and the rest knew all that. Because they know from firsthand experience he's just a multi millionaire kid in his mind who mostly does foolish kids stuff. Listen I've been one of the guys who said in the beginning: "dont buy him! SAF didn't let him go for no reason" but he was here and I hoped he would bring us to the top with a really good team around him. But after Jose's sacking and him not doing his job on the pitch I made the conclusion that he was not world class as they said and he needs to make way for better players. And that was then and look at him now. It's game over.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
No because yet again, it's Pogba, not some 3D chess player with IQ level 2000. And Jose and the rest knew all that. Because they know from firsthand experience he's just a multi millionaire kid in his mind who mostly does foolish kids stuff. Listen I've been one of the guys who said in the beginning: "dont buy him! SAF didn't let him go for no reason" but he was here and I hoped he would bring us to the top with a really good team around him. But after Jose's sacking and him not doing his job on the pitch I made the conclusion that he was not world class as they said and he needs to make way for better players. And that was then and look at him now. It's game over.
My friend, we may just have to gently rub elbows (Covid handshake) and agree to disagree over that one :)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
He should't play any part whatsoever tonight IMO.

I think people will just say "well who else do we play?" but I think if Ole plays him tonight it will be the final nail in the coffin in terms of my support for Ole.

He has a big opportunity to show he it the man tonight. I will gain a lot of respect for him if he puts the team over Paul Pogba.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth

I think people will just say "well who else do we play?" but I think if Ole plays him tonight it will be the final nail in the coffin in terms of my support for Ole.

He has a big opportunity to show he it the man tonight. I will gain a lot of respect for him if he puts the team over Paul Pogba.
If Pogba do play and play shit I'll get angry, if he makes a typical costly mistake and we lose because of it I'd want to smash something expensive, or see Ole do it on cam post match.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Don't get this attitude. You're holding him to higher expectations than usual and then admitted you'll get mad if he doesn't fulfill them.

I'm sure you mean well but you get what I mean, right?

Edit - Not expected to start anyway apparently.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Don't get this attitude. You're holding him to higher expectations than usual and then admitted you'll get mad if he doesn't fulfill them.

I'm sure you mean well but you get what I mean, right?

Edit - Not expected to start anyway apparently.
Who?

No I don't get what you're talking about at all. He's undermining the team/manager and shouldn't be playing.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I think he will return to Juve. A worse version of him compared to the one Juve had when Pirlo was still playing.

Murray3007

His ego is bruised since Bruno signed. He used to hide behind the 'can't do it in a average team' excuse. Bruno has shown you can.

Honestly don't think he should play another second for us now. Let him go on January even if it's a loan to buy. Need him gone now.
said this for years great players make other players look better, bruno has proved it can be done, problem for me is we changed to much to try fit him in, tactics, new players etc, he should hav ebeen told this is our tactics and this is how you will be playing. not that he ever really performed anyway.

caid

I think in some alternate reality there's a world class version of Paul Pogba and hes a dm.
I think the version we got is a bit of a luxury that works in a midfield 3 but isn't worth 90m, isn't worth 200+k a week and isn't worth putting up with his agent (or the attitude or the work rate or the disruption).

Chicharito_

Go to Juve Paul, you'll always be known as a failure who couldn't compete in the best league in the world so decided to run back to Juve where they walk the league every year. What a waste he has been.

tjb

Pretty spot on I think.

But bad time Frank, we are trying to sell him.
This is absolutely spot on. I don't think anyone has analyzed it better. The problems go way beyond simply his attitude. Fans got tricked into believing that him simply having certain skills meant that he was world class. But like Lampard said, what good is holding off eight players in your own half when you could simply pass the ball. It's not even about putting it all together either. Pogba lacks a lot of mental aspects to his game that are so glaring, and its in these mental aspects that world class players are built, not just skills. Beckham was a winger that didn't really have pace or dribbling ability ( at class level), but with the skills he had, he made himself so effective to his teams. Look at KDB, his anticipation is what allows him to press well and prepare for opportunities to deliver his fizzed cross/passes. His concentration allows him to keep creating chances throughout the game as he remains on high alert for chance creating opportunities. His teamwork allows him to play in city's system without him sticking out like a sore thumb and encourages his pressing in line with team instructions. His determination allows him to take over games consistently. He is creative enough to keep finding opportunities for his teammates. His off the ball movement allows him to position himself to drive, make incisive passes or take long shots consistently. Plus he also has the work rate to keep man city on top of an opponent, both in retrieving the ball and retaining it. Finally his decision making allows him to know when to pass, shoot, create and dribble and the type of move or technique needed to make it effective.

These are all mental aspects of a game and most top players have have a solid combination of these. It's the difference between a salah/mane and a martial. a bruno fernandes and a adel taraabt. It's these mental aspects that create consistencies in a game. For example, martial can make good moves and have a good game maybe 2 or 3 times in a season because he manages to get a solid combination of these mental aspects right in those games, but being able to have them is what makes a player solid/great for the vast majority of a 55 game season ( with slivers of games not having those combinations being attributes to poor form or a bad game). In most sports, these mental attributes are described as the game slowing down for the individual. A lot of fans act like these attributes are easy to develop or are not as important when evaluating a player. They are. And yes, those attributes are based off of football manager.

Strelok

This is absolutely spot on. I don't think anyone has analyzed it better. The problems go way beyond simply his attitude. Fans got tricked into believing that him simply having certain skills meant that he was world class. But like Lampard said, what good is holding off eight players in your own half when you could simply pass the ball. It's not even about putting it all together either. Pogba lacks a lot of mental aspects to his game that are so glaring, and its in these mental aspects that world class players are built, not just skills. Beckham was a winger that didn't really have pace or dribbling ability ( at class level), but with the skills he had, he made himself so effective to his teams. Look at KDB, his anticipation is what allows him to press well and prepare for opportunities to deliver his fizzed cross/passes. His concentration allows him to keep creating chances throughout the game as he remains on high alert for chance creating opportunities. His teamwork allows him to play in city's system without him sticking out like a sore thumb and encourages his pressing in line with team instructions. His determination allows him to take over games consistently. He is creative enough to keep finding opportunities for his teammates. His off the ball movement allows him to position himself to drive, make incisive passes or take long shots consistently. Plus he also has the work rate to keep man city on top of an opponent, both in retrieving the ball and retaining it. Finally his decision making allows him to know when to pass, shoot, create and dribble and the type of move or technique needed to make it effective.

These are all mental aspects of a game and most top players have have a solid combination of these. It's the difference between a salah/mane and a martial. a bruno fernandes and a adel taraabt. It's these mental aspects that create consistencies in a game. For example, martial can make good moves and have a good game maybe 2 or 3 times in a season because he manages to get a solid combination of these mental aspects right in those games, but being able to have them is what makes a player solid/great for the vast majority of a 55 game season ( with slivers of games not having those combinations being attributes to poor form or a bad game). In most sports, these mental attributes are described as the game slowing down for the individual. A lot of fans act like these attributes are easy to develop or are not as important when evaluating a player. They are. And yes, those attributes are based off of football manager.
Very well said.

I always find such fans so naive. The football intelligence is one of the most difficult aspect of the game. It's really really hard to develop such thing. Often players are born with it, or not. That's why Barcelona prefers football intelligence over physicality in their youth selection.

Tbh it's the same with expecting someone who is really bad in math could one day win a Nobel prize in math, if he keeps learning they say.

Guv77

Shame this isn’t a home game with fans.
If I was Ole I would bring him on in the last minute to a chorus of boo’s ringing around Old Trafford.

tjb

Very well said.

I always find such fans so naive. The football intelligence is one of the most difficult aspect of the game. It's really really hard to develop such thing. Often players are born with it, or not. That's why Barcelona prefers football intelligence over physicality in their youth selection.

Tbh it's the same with expecting someone who is really bad in math could one day win a Nobel prize in math, if he keeps learning they say.
The problem is that they look at football intelligence as simply one ingredient rather than a collection of them. If they took it as seriously as technical or physical attributes, it would have been obvious that some players that we have bought over the last 6 seasons, were never United material.

Strelok

The problem is that they look at football intelligence as simply one ingredient rather than a collection of them. If they took it as seriously as technical or physical attributes, it would have been obvious that some players that we have bought over the last 6 seasons, were never United material.
Agreed.

But for me what do my head the most is keep listening to the 'he'll get it right with playing time and age, he's young'. Like our bloody Lingard.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
If Bruno wasn't here, I would be all for keeping Pogba but at this stage, we should just get what we can from selling Pogba and sign a younger player to compete for the spot with Bruno and offer a viable rotation option. Yes, we have van de Beek but from what I've seen, he's more suited for being neat in possession and build up play rather than providing that final pass which Bruno does so effectively.

Habs

Never wanted him in the first place. Quite clearly he had/still has all the attributes to be one of the best midfielders ever, but just doesn’t have the mindset at all and never will.

What really annoys me about the whole situation is that how disruptive he has been overall to United these last few years- now people will point out he’s never said anything bad, he’s been professional etc etc. But let’s not be fooled Riaola is his mouthpiece, and is saying exactly what Pogba wants him to say.

He does not want to be here, please get rid of him, all things considered he’s been absolute trash

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
The only player to come out of today's game looking good. Bit of a shocker leaving him on the bench for so long after he'd clearly gotten into some rhythm at the weekend. Might've got us the result from half-time.

Bobski

That was one of his best performances for the club, ran hard at both ends of the pitch, played with intensity and urgency.

Where has that been, and why does it have to happen as a cameo in a match his dick head agent talks him out of starting?

laughtersassassin

No one wants to here this but was our best player today.

If he started or came on on the 20th minute when he should have I doubt we lose that game.

AngliaRed

If he faces the media now and say Raiola is a shit bag and I didn’t tell him to say that sh*t and I want to stay here and be successful he could of hold his head high tonight as he came on was a clsss above the rest of the team.

unfortunately he wont....

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He has made a great impact today. Thanks Mino for fecking this day up for us (well, thanks to Pogba as well, I'm sure that Mino wasn't going rogue with his statements).

A-man

By far best player today. The midfield was useless until he came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.