6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

arthurka

Don't know with Pogba but lately I have been thinking more in the line of I hope he stays but having watched him for years he is still such a tease that I think we should cash in and move on..

TsuWave

Phenomenal player, yet another excellent performance...week in week out when fit he’s delivered since December. What. An. Assist.
absolute baller. that instance he got carded for, showed how good he is. horrible refereeing decision by the way.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think you are very, very wrong.

If Pogba sneezes half of our fanbase will say that Roy Keane and Brian Robson never got a cold because they were too busy winning trophies.
Have you seen the Pogba appreciation thread? Those are some biased opinions. What I don't get is the love for a player who has stated he wants to leave at the end of the season. His talent is not questionable, but unfortunately so is his inconsistency.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Have you seen the Pogba appreciation thread? Those are some biased opinions. What I don't get is the love for a player who has stated he wants to leave at the end of the season. His talent is not questionable, but unfortunately so is his inconsistency.
I can see why he is loved, he is very good player and a joy to watch when he gets going. Also makes our team better. If he leaves, he leaves. It's how football works. We can't expect every player to retire here.

What I dont understand is, how hilariously biased few posters are, based on which player they like, narrative gets changed easily. People who praised Pogba for yesterday's performance were moaning about Bruno giving away possession(even when he was making huge contribution like goals, assists, chances created), but in this thread you see people don't even talk about it (he had around 75% pass completion) as they love the player.

Likewise, the poster who doesn't rate Pogba (@Nou_Camp99 ) comes up with "apart from assist, he gave away possession all the time" and then praise Bruno with posts like "He wins us games".

Edit: Also IMO Pogba's inconsistency is overplay way too much. The expectations on him were unreal, we relied on him for everything. Now we have good team with threats from multiple positions and also multiple players who can create chances if one of them is having bad day.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I can see why he is loved, he is very good player and a joy to watch when he gets going. Also makes our team better. If he leaves, he leaves. It's how football works. We can't expect every player to retire here.

What I dont understand is, how hilariously biased few posters are, based on which player they like, narrative gets changed easily. People who praised Pogba for yesterday's performance were moaning about Bruno giving away possession(even when he was making huge contribution like goals, assists, chances created), but in this thread you see people don't even talk about it (he had around 75% pass completion) as they love the player.

Likewise, the poster who doesn't rate Pogba (@Nou_Camp99 ) comes up with "apart from assist, he gave away possession all the time" and then praise Bruno with posts like "He wins us games".

Edit: Also IMO Pogba's inconsistency is overplay way too much. The expectations on him were unreal, we relied on him for everything. Now we have good team with threats from multiple positions and also multiple players who can create chances if one of them is having bad day.
That's where you're wrong. I do rate him but he's just not as good as he thinks he's is or how people make him out to be.

Also he's not going to sign a new deal and if he does it's going to be close to 500k a week. If anyone thinks he's done enough to earn that kind of money then more fool them.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
absolute baller. that instance he got carded for, showed how good he is. horrible refereeing decision by the way.
Yeah that was great play, I get the foul to be fair but not the yellow and in fact Pogba was fouled first. The ref was poor last night topped off with the Amad incident at the end.

roonster09

Scout
That's where you're wrong. I do rate him but he's just not as good as he thinks he's is or how people make him out to be.

Also he's not going to sign a new deal and if he does it's going to be close to 500k a week. If anyone thinks he's done enough to earn that kind of money then more fool them.
Why stop at 500K, lets just go with 1 million per week.

You posted many times that he had around 5 good games per season (or combined till date), so maybe he isn't as bad as you think he is?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Why stop at 500K, lets just go with 1 million per week.

You posted many times that he had around 5 good games per season (or combined till date), so maybe he isn't as bad as you think he is?
Because you lot can't distinguish between natural ability and actually delivering on the pitch.

Pogba has lots of natural ability possibly the most in the club yet on the pitch he's not been anything close to how Bruno had played. He's been nowhere near as good as Luke Shaw this season either.

That's the point you are missing. 5 goals and 4 assists in all comps is very very ordinary for a player with the ability he has.

Classical Mechanic

He did lose the ball a fair bit but in his new position it doesn't matter as much. I think one hospital pass did result in an attack on our goal. Aside from that it was a very strong contribution. 5 tackles in 45 minutes alone! The assist was very smart too.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You think Pogba has delivered on the pitch then?

He's been fairly average in his time with us. One or two purple patches aside he's been largely underwhelming. This is the general consensus among our fans, rival fans and between pundits too.

Bruno has come into the club and shown him up.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Big decision for the club this summer (if it's in our hands). If we can integrate Pogba into a balanced and quality midfield, then it would be fantastic but him being on an enormous contract but still not quite slotting into a cohesive midfield, would be terrible.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Some quotes from the interview

Borys

Statistics Wizard
This is true, however I am completely neutral towards Pogba mainly because of the drama around him leaving, so this "unconditional love" is very weird for me.

This exactly.

Although the expectations on him were high, I will never consider him as a top player considering how inconsistent he is. He's tremendously talented though, but this isn't enough to call him the best player in the squad.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ooh, ah, sooo, when is Jose doing press conference?
I can see him preparing the answers right now.
A smart person will put his ego aside, absorb this and take it as advice/comment what he could done wrong and need to improve to be better. However, Mourinho might take it differently.

roonster09

Scout
He did lose the ball a fair bit but in his new position it doesn't matter as much. I think one hospital pass did result in an attack on our goal. Aside from that it was a very strong contribution. 5 tackles in 45 minutes alone! The assist was very smart too.
He did the same thing vs Spurs too, won the header, Cavani got the ball and he slipped in Rashford for a good chance. He won few duels easily playing as wide player and also was easy outlet for our players to pick him.

This is working well now, not sure if this is long term solution. Also his height should give him advantage every single time against FBs when it comes to headers.

The Original

He did the same thing vs Spurs too, won the header, Cavani got the ball and he slipped in Rashford for a good chance. He won few duels easily playing as wide player and also was easy outlet for our players to pick him.

This is working well now, not sure if this is long term solution. Also his height should give him advantage every single time against FBs when it comes to headers.
I often wonder why Ole doesn't use Pogba as a target man when we're chasing a desperate goal or something in the last 15 minutes of a game. He's clearly dominant in the air and has the quality to follow up in the box.

roonster09

Scout
I often wonder why Ole doesn't use Pogba as a target man when we're chasing a desperate goal or something in the last 15 minutes of a game. He's clearly dominant in the air and has the quality to follow up in the box.
Yeah, he can be good option, especially if he targets the FBs.

He was good defensively too, when it comes to defending set pieces.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I thought he did well again last night, especially considering the players trying to get him sent off. At one point I wasn’t a fan, but now I’d love it if he signed a new deal, had a really good season and he seems a good person to have in the squad.

The Original

Pogba last weekend and Pogba tonight: Jekyll and Hyde. After the assist he was not good at all. Seemed more intent on showing how strong he was than anything else. Could have been subbed based on performance as much as his card situation. Strange one.
I find it hard to accept these. He was still the best player for united and this is reflected in ratings from pretty much every major outlet. Have to wonder why they unanimously agreed that he was good and a few united fans don't.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think he was alright last night. Started very brightly, and threatened to go to another level, but it didn’t quite happen and I thought his booking visibly changed his game. Right call to take him off.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

He's been fairly average in his time with us. One or two purple patches aside he's been largely underwhelming. This is the general consensus among our fans, rival fans and between pundits too.

Yes he has. His bad performances are exaggerated to the point of parody, while his good games are largely ignored. We are, without question, a better team with him in it. People rate him based on his price tag and not what he actually does.

I don't understand why Bruno's brilliance somehow takes away from what Pogba can and has done. Signing a world class player doesn't make players at the club worse. Besides, Pogba never actually got to play the role Bruno is currently enjoying. You can see how much both players enjoy playing with one another. Suddenly, the whole creative aspect of our team is testing solely on thier own shoulders.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Out of curiosity, who do you think is the better player, Bruno or Zidane? And why?

DomM

His performances have definitely improved in the last couple of months, along with his attitude.
A new contract or extension of 2 years would make sense but if he says no then we should look to sell and replace with the funds raised.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

In terms of stats, maybe. In reality they've both been essential to us and neither is really showing the other up.

RUCK4444

Good performance, was threatening to run them ragged when he was booked for no good reason.

Shame as I think he was in the mood last night to rip them apart.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Yes he has. His bad performances are exaggerated to the point of parody, while his good games are largely ignored. We are, without question, a better team with him in it. People rate him based on his price tag and not what he actually does.

I don't understand why Bruno's brilliance somehow takes away from what Pogba can and has done. Signing a world class player doesn't make players at the club worse. Besides, Pogba never actually got to play the role Bruno is currently enjoying. You can see how much both players enjoy playing with one another. Suddenly, the whole creative aspect of our team is testing solely on thier own shoulders.
What does it mean we are a better team with him in it? I mean, compared to what?

Drz

Is it me, or has he actually put on more muscle recently?
I wish we cd try him ahead of McFred, but with Bruno as a false nine and Rashford and Greenwood as wide forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.