Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Is he still suffering neurologically from COVID? His reaction times have been abysmal in the past 2 games. I counted him giving the ball away 5 times in 68 seconds around the 53-54 minute mark in the game if anyone has a video.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I meant Euro final vs Portugal. My bad.
And no Deschamps wasn't criticized for his use of Pogba, he has never been critcized for it because he has tried almost every roles and the best is in the current hybrid 4231/433.

Probably means the EC final. France played with Kante and Matuidi in the WC final. This is why I worry he‘s incompatible with Bruno as you need a couple of water carriers to support him.
The system has nothing to do with Pogba, it's to compensate for Mbappé who had the bad habit of not tracking back and leaving his fullback alone. That system asks more from Pogba defensively because he needs to understand when to cover Mbappé or when to cover Kanté when the latter covers the right side while Matuidi supports his own fullback and the left third/quarter of the midfield. When everyone is in place defensively the system becomes a 4411.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
What is his reasoning for the constant turning on the ball?

I keep hearing how is he an intelligent footballer. He must realise that him dawdling on the ball isn't conducive to quick attacking football. It gives the opposition plenty of time to flood back and set themselves.

Classical Mechanic

And no Deschamps wasn't criticized for his use of Pogba, he has never been critcized for it because he has tried almost every roles and the best is in the current hybrid 4231/433.

The system has nothing to do with Pogba, it's to compensate for Mbappé who had the bad habit of not tracking back and leaving his fullback alone. That system asks more from Pogba defensively because he needs to understand when to cover Mbappé or when to cover Kanté when the latter covers the right side while Matuidi supports his own fullback and the left third/quarter of the midfield. When everyone is in place defensively the system becomes a 4411.
Fair enough. How do you think United will get the best out of Pogba?

Heinzesight

Stop with the excuses. He’s not the player we thought we were getting. Four years he’s been here. He’s had his chances. His stats today are an embarrassment...at least he’s consistent.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Okay, thanks for this.

How do you personally see Pogba's future in Premier League, can he cut it ? ...because I think he definitely can, but when it comes to United there's always something wrong inside the rebuilding process.

JPRouve

Scout
Fair enough. How do you think United will get the best out of Pogba?
Okay, thanks for this.

How do you personally see Pogba's future in Premier League, can he cut it ? ...because I think he definitely can, but when it comes to United there's always something wrong inside the rebuilding process.
United shouldn't focus on Pogba, France made the same mistake for a while as if Pogba was the issue or the solution, he is neither. People should ask how can we get the best out of all our players because currently none are good, Bruno wasn't good after the lockdown, our wide attacking players create nothing, our fullbacks are easily beaten by their men and they provide nothing going forward. But most importantly we are poor in transition, it takes us too much time to get into our defensive shape and the process doesn't compensate for the fact that we essentially play with 4 forwards which means that the CMs are generally outnumbered. Then you have our transition from defense to attack, Fred is the only decent player in that regard, he isn't great but unlike AWB and Shaw, he is actually comfortable under pressure and unlike Pogba and Maguire, he isn't often tempted to keep the ball more than he should.

So how do you get the "best" out of Pogba? Ignore him, bench him if you want and rethink almost every tactical aspects of our team, think about the team dynamic instead of relying on individuals to paper over the cracks.

He'sRaldo

Not the first time he's been rushed back from injury.

Where's the man management from Ole? Why did we buy Donny? And later we'll say Ole hasn't been backed? Laughable stuff.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
United shouldn't focus on Pogba, France made the same mistake for a while as if Pogba was the issue or the solution, he is neither. People should ask how can we get the best out of all our players because currently none are good, Bruno wasn't good after the lockdown, our wide attacking players create nothing, our fullbacks are easily beaten by their men and they provide nothing going forward. But most importantly we are poor in transition, it takes us too much time to get into our defensive shape and the process doesn't compensate for the fact that we essentially play with 4 forwards which means that the CMs are generally outnumbered. Then you have our transition from defense to attack, Fred is the only decent player in that regard, he isn't great but unlike AWB and Shaw, he is actually comfortable under pressure and unlike Pogba and Maguire, he isn't often tempted to keep the ball more than he should.

So how do you get the "best" out of Pogba? Ignore him, bench him if you want and rethink almost every tactical aspects of our team, think about the team dynamic instead of relying on individuals to paper over the cracks.
Fine by me. No more Pogba for couple fo games seems refreshing, time to give Fred and VdB stage to shine for a change. Perhaps he'll get hungry of games and then decide to join the unit in full strength.

Transition thing, this can and probably will be difficult without any preseason. Ole's to be or not to be. Even Klopp also needed few years to get this callibrated and to perform it with speed and confidence.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Is he still suffering neurologically from COVID? His reaction times have been abysmal in the past 2 games. I counted him giving the ball away 5 times in 68 seconds around the 53-54 minute mark in the game if anyone has a video.
Its an obvious question to ask, but he has access to some of the very best sports medical advice on the planet.
I seriously cant imagine United's medical staff allowing him anywhere close to the pitch if that was the case.

Faetheshire86

Pogba gets his back pocket picked far too often, it's why I don't like him in that position. Would like to see him and Fernandez as two 8s. Then when we are pressed, Fernandez comes short for the pass and Pogba pushes on as an outlet for a longer pass.

Basically how Van Gaal used Fellaini

He'sRaldo

Its an obvious question to ask, but he has access to some of the very best sports medical advice on the planet.
I seriously cant imagine United's medical staff allowing him anywhere close to the pitch if that was the case.
Remember Lukaku's fitness in his last season?

I don't trust our medial staff at all.

MiracleInMadrid

He is not the right player for the team, and the team is not the right team for him.

I'd say it's that simple.

We as a team need a player in midfield that controls the tempo. Knows when to speed it up and when to slow it down. We need someone who takes responsibility both on and off the ball. Someone who makes his teammates better.

Pogba needs a team where he isn't playing a static and deep role in the midfield. He needs a team where he isn't the star and has senior players around him who makes sure he gives his all to the team every half of every match.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yep, if he's not fit for whatever reason then don't play him. He went from a passenger last week to a liability this week.
It does my head in and it must be demoralizing for Fred tbh. If Pogba is underperforming, whatever the reason, Covid or not, he should be benched. No player should feel be that his place is guaranteed. It could also be a good wake-up call to him, there is absolute nothing to lose and everything by starting him on the bench in the next few days and see how he responds

Litch

He really isn’t world class and you should really stop affording him such a status.
Maybe not world class for us but that doesn't mean he's not. It's very hard to look consistently good in this utd team.

Litch

He's not world class. He has world class talent, but he has never put it all together and put in consistent world class performances. Thats a pure fact.
Not for us but who consistently does anyway. Players sign for us at the best in their position and then rapidly goes backwards. All this aside, Pogs is not fit.

0le

As much as he was terrible, I find it difficult to criticise him because it could take him some time to fully recover from Covid and also get match fit.

YAMS49

It does my head in and it must be demoralizing for Fred tbh. If Pogba is underperforming, whatever the reason, Covid or not, he should be benched. No player should feel be that his place is guaranteed. It could also be a good wake-up call to him, there is absolute nothing to lose and everything by starting him on the bench in the next few days and see how he responds
Well he's a high profile player who can when on his game bring a spark of genius not many others can.... So I can understand why he's selected to some extent. But that said he's clearly unfit for whatever reason & doesn't deserve to be starting at present. Today's performance was pure garbage, as it was from others.

I'm a Ole fan but you have to question his selections at times. The entire rhs against Palace and now this. It's worrisome management.

Litch

Wasn't Deschamps blamed heavily after lost WC final for putting Pogba in wrong position ?

Looks like somehow he's still difficult player to manage, despite so much data on him and what system he likes to play.
Loss? Difficult to manage? Played well after lockdown and now returned after contracting the virus. He is not fit and Ole is playing him back into fitness. Vultures are always circling when it comes to Pogs.....

Adamsk7

The biggest problem with him, and this has alway been the case, is that as soon as a player is even a few centimetres ahead of him he just CANNOT get back at them. It is so frustrating. He then just jogs back to the box.

I think he needs to play in a wide or no.10 position because he is so easy to get past in midfield. I am confident I could dribble past him and I am 37!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Loss? Difficult to manage? Played well after lockdown and now returned after contracting the virus. He is not fit and Ole is playing him back into fitness. Vultures are always circling when it comes to Pogs.....
I think that's unfair, I have been a fan and defending Pogba a lot and for a long time. He's clearly struggling, whatever the reason, I'm not a doctor and no can say for sure that Covid is impacting him. If he keeps getting subbed like that, he will start on the bench sooner rather than later.

Well he's a high profile player who can when on his game bring a spark of genius not many others can.... So I can understand why he's selected to some extent. But that said he's clearly unfit for whatever reason & doesn't deserve to be starting at present. Today's performance was pure garbage, as it was from others.

I'm a Ole fan but you have to question his selections at times. The entire rhs against Palace and now this. It's worrisome management.
I don't disagree but it's just not worth the risk his presence brings at the moment, he's a real liability. I'd like to see how he'd react to being benched, right now we gain nothing by him starting.

Litch

World class at what exactly? He is without doubt one of the most overrated players I've ever seen in my life . He never bosses a game even against inferior opposition . He's world class at social media and getting the Pogba brand everywhere
Yep. He's been absolutely shit for France and Juve before coming to our world class team and managers. Amazing isn't it?

Crashoutcassius

Poor today but I'm sure he will find some form as the season goes on. There were games last season where his distribution was poor but he at least put in tackles and covered distance, hopefully he can at least get back to that

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
They know so little about the neurological effects of COVID though. Whatever it is United can’t afford both Bruno and Pogba giving the ball away every minute right now. Bruno can be tolerated because he brought us our 3 goals today and still puts in lung busting defensive shifts. Pogba not so much

YAMS49

I don't disagree but it's just not worth the risk his presence brings at the moment, he's a real liability. I'd like to see how he'd react to being benched, right now we gain nothing by him starting.
Agree entirely, just trying to find some justification in his selection today & going forward. I doubt Ole will drop him next wkend.

Devil may care

Not fit but he's putting the effort in and playing a role he's not best suited to, I'd play him on Tuesday as well as he needs minutes in his legs.

DoomSlayer

Not ready at all, it's a big gamble by Ole to keep starting him in league games, when we now have VDB.

I think people forget Pogba was injured for around 80% of last season, I feel he has a lot of work to do before reaching peak match fitness.

We need Pogba to be the midfielder who ups the tempo and provides that constant link between the defense and the attack. Bruno is much more of an attacking number 10 so unless Pogba can become more press resistant, we can't actually play with both Pogba and Matic, we need more speed and guile in there, someone that can bypass the press more consistently by constantly being on the move or being able to drop the shoulder and drive the ball forward.

PoTMS

He's a great player but where we are playing him he just looks average. There are inferior players who can play better in his position better than him. If we can get a reasonable fee for him next season, it wouldn't be the end of the world moving him on.

Stretender

Yep. He's been absolutely shit for France and Juve before coming to our world class team and managers. Amazing isn't it?
No one cares about what Pogba did for Juve or France. Its about the here and now. Manchester United used to win the premier league at a canter in the past. It is not the case today.

Pogba must be judged on what he is doing today not when he was at Juventus or France. For Manchester United he has been a massive disappointment. I would say Lukaku had a better impact on United than Pogba and we still thought he was useless.

Let's cut our losses with Pogba. Give him a new contract and sell him to Madrid for 70 million. No need to make a profit on him because he hasn't justified that.

Lets move on from this nightmare.

JPRouve

Scout

No one should care that he is a high profile player, Carrick was also a high profile player in 2011/2012 and he didn't start the season as a starter even though he was fit enough to be on the bench.

GiddyUp

Not enough world class players around him
Needs time to adapt
Players not on the same wave length
Wrong manager
Wrong position
Doesn't look fit
Not recovered from injury
Opponents tackling him, instead of allowing him to pass or shoot...
Don't forget the "you just don't like him because of his hair and he likes to dance".

YAMS49

No one should care that he is a high profile player, Carrick was also a high profile player in 2011/2012 and he didn't start the season as a starter even though he was fit enough to be on the bench.
Again I agree, it shouldn't matter at all.... But to Ole maybe it does, I dunno.

Andersonson

Not the first time he's been rushed back from injury.

Where's the man management from Ole? Why did we buy Donny? And later we'll say Ole hasn't been backed? Laughable stuff.
Pure speculation on your part. Stop making up stuff please.

He has a very very competent medical staff around him, yet you know better? Baffling

JPRouve

Scout
Again I agree, it shouldn't matter at all.... But to Ole maybe it does, I dunno.
No, Ole does that with all the players that he considers like starters, I find it a bit reckless but it has nothing to do with being high profile. He has 11 players that he basically run through the ground when they are medically fit.

YAMS49

No, Ole does that with all the players that he considers like starters, I find it a bit reckless but it has nothing to do with being high profile. He has 11 players that he basically run through the ground when they are medically fit.
He certainly did that after lockdown I agree. At what point is Pogba dropped for not deserving to be a starter then?

Status
Not open for further replies.