6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RuudtheRed

There's no doubt that Pogba made a mistake with the challenge on Bellerin in the box. Ole knows it, we know it, and most of all, Pogba himself knows it and has apologized for it.

Let's face it, no one is perfect. The massive price tag on Pogba does him no favours either as people are always going to expect lots from him. I can't deny that Pogba giving away 3 penalties this season is an issue - but clearly it is an issue the coaching staff and Pogba himself are going to look at and hopefully rectify. What I can't stand is the toxic vitriol hurled at Pogba from our own fans.

Let's get behind one of our own players in Pogba. We know he isn't the best defending in his own box but all of a sudden everyone forgets his through ball to Greenwood in the previous game that set the stage for a solid victory over a tough UCL opponent. The loss to Arsenal didn't result solely due to Pogba's error - the rest of the team didn't perform anywhere near we know they can.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
The thing is, when he was in the starting line-up yesterday, and if you asked people what was more likely out of a) he'd dominate the game and help us to a big win or b) be a liability and cost us... I reckon most would go for option B)... and anyone going for A) wouldn't be surprised if B) happened instead.

It's just the player he is at this point.
Well to be fair, he did look decent his last two matches and several people on here claim he was the one who made the difference vs Newcastle although i dont know about that one.

Being winded is not an excuse from kicking someone in your own box though and its not like he was much better in the first half either.

Haddock

The thing is, when he was in the starting line-up yesterday, and if you asked people what was more likely out of a) he'd dominate the game and help us to a big win or b) be a liability and cost us... I reckon most would go for option B)... and anyone going for A) wouldn't be surprised if B) happened instead.

It's just the player he is at this point.
I have downgraded expectations to the point where I no longer expect him to be a match winner, just competent enough Ito be able to pass the ball 10 yards, not lose it and keep the play moving with 1-2 touches. Tom Cleverley can do that. Sadly he's brainless (sheer number of crap fouls and losses in possession) and selfish (half a dozen touches where two will do) - a terrible combination. He plays with the maturity of a 21 year old in his second season. Not like a player who has played in CL, Euro and World cup finals. He should be a player of obvious greatness or at the very least occasional brilliance. Instead he plays like a slightly more consistent Kevin Boateng.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Biggest problem with Pogba is the attention seeking behaviour and it’s gotten worse now that Bruno is getting all the plaudits.
It’s the reason he feels the need for unnecessary dribbles amd other show off moves before he is always disposessed. The intent is always to show how good he is and now that he played well wednesday he seemed determined to put on a show against arsenal and it badly backfired as the dude is barely fit

The smartest thing he could so is keep it simple but it irks me to know we pay him £275/wk for this crap and he still talks about madrid.... a madrid who don’t even rate him.
This is complete fiction, Pogba has always been like this. He's always played like and will always play like this, with or without Bruno. The difference is that OGS played him closer to our penalty box and dribbling like that in those positions is much riskier than doing it in the opponent's half. He is who he is, Bruno has feck all to do with it.

The Urban Goose

Next summer is the last chance we could sell him for decent fees. If we get an offer of around 50m we should seriously consider selling
No chance we're getting that for him. £30-40m at best, if we're lucky; most likely will be a loan to get him off our books with the loaning team paying full wages.

ash_86

I'd take 40m for him right now. Throughout Jose era i supported this guy but boy i was wrong. His attitude stinks and he's highly unreliable.

Jinn

I'd take 40m for him right now. Throughout Jose era i supported this guy but boy i was wrong. His attitude stinks and he's highly unreliable.
This is how I feel. It's like he has let us all down.
I just think that he isn't a very good footballer.

nainaisson

Starting to think he has low footballing intelligence like Dan James but is just really skilful
Dan James on the left wing instead of Pogba in the second half, and I think we would have had another comfortable goalless draw. He's totally lost in the final third, but at least he consistently tracks back and helps his fullback out. He's our new Jesse Lingard, you could say.

Strelok

For all the calls for sympathy or give him more chances, I guess it'd be the same people that slag Ole off for bs like he's being too emotional, not ruthless enough, too nice, our standards been dropped so low etc.

Truth is he's been a disaster for us for a considerable number of matches. While in his okayish performances had done pretty nothing noticeable apart from maybe 2-3 good moments. He should get the same treatment like everybody else. He's not even showed a slightest loyalty to the club. His agents publicly batmouthed the club and he didn't say a thing. Tbh I never get the amount of tolerance some people gave to this wanker.

predator

Youth NITK
How can you see that and come to the decision that he wants to leave?

Reporter asks him about madrid, he keeps his options open by not completely saying he wouldn't ever play for them and saying "it is a dream and why not one day?". Then swiftly goes on to say he plays for United, loves the club and wants to get us back to our best etc.

No player would ever publicly deny themselves a possible move to Madrid in the future but Pogba is happy at United IMHO.

Jinn

Reporter asks him about madrid, he keeps his options open by not completely saying he wouldn't ever play for them and saying "it is a dream and why not one day?". Then swiftly goes on to say he plays for United, loves the club and wants to get us back to our best etc.

No player would ever publicly deny themselves a possible move to Madrid in the future but Pogba is happy at United IMHO.
We are not happy with him, his performances have been consistently pathetic. He should follow his dreams and go.

Strelok

Yeah imagining you have a girlfriend. One day in a chat between her and another friend you hear 'Charles? Oh it's my dream and why not one day'. I hope you'd feel great then.

Joking aside, in the football world what Pogba said was literally a 'please come and get me'.

ash_86

This is how I feel. It's like he has let us all down.
I just think that he isn't a very good footballer.
I agree with this. Being highly skillful and having a footballing brain are two different things. Pogba has former in abundance and severely lacks the later.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I agree with this. Being highly skillful and having a footballing brain are two different things. Pogba has former in abundance and severely lacks the later.
I'm still shocked we took this long to come to a consensus on that matter.

Redlyn

You can't be serious! No one is asking him to say NO, NEVER. But he could say, well I play for united and I am happy here, its not my place to discuss other teams, or some other political bullshit. He is supposed to take on a captains role and represent the club not dream about our continental rivals publicly! If he was playing in League 2 and was asked about a prem move it could be slightly more understandable but its not an acceptable response when you play for man united.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've thought about this for a few days in case I was just being reactionary, but I think it's time he went.

He's 28 in a few months (cue he's 27 until he's 28 jokes) and has still never really shown much consistency. I think the 18-19 season was his best but it's just not been good enough the last few years and I can't see him suddenly turning into this world-beating midfielder.

I think I was a bit blinded by the small moments of magic he can produce, but what's the point in him doing something outrageous to get away from three men when he'll coast through the rest of the game. He is capable of brilliant moments but those are few and far between and hardly ever in the final third anymore. He's basically been playing this weird Carrick style role this season, then we've tried him on the left (where I thought he'd be better but he's 1/2 for that one). He did one good drive and pass against Leipzig and we're all getting a bit happy. Moussa Sissoko does that basically every game for Spurs. De Bruyne does it on a regular basis.

He's not really a threat in the box, he doesn't offer much defensively & he barely even scores from outside the box despite being played in a variety of positions and 'freed up'.

I feel like there are a lot of players out there that can bring what he does plus much more. I'm not sure Covid has helped him as he looks a bit knackered towards the end of games but that foul was so brain-dead.

Champagne Football

His heart and his head seem like they've never been fully in it here. Like he decided soon after he arrived that the PL was too fast paced for him, and he's wanted out ever since.

HowYouDoin

We spend too much time analyzing him. Maybe he just isnt that good. He has too many holes in his game and those cause him to be inconsistent and well maybe he just is who he is. He is not world class, he needs a perfect system around him and well sometimes things just dont work out.

Anywho the sooner we get rid of him the better. The best thing for now is to bench him and not rely on him. Its over. Lets move on from Pogba.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I've thought about this for a few days in case I was just being reactionary, but I think it's time he went.

He's 28 in a few months (cue he's 27 until he's 28 jokes) and has still never really shown much consistency. I think the 18-19 season was his best but it's just not been good enough the last few years and I can't see him suddenly turning into this world-beating midfielder.

I think I was a bit blinded by the small moments of magic he can produce, but what's the point in him doing something outrageous to get away from three men when he'll coast through the rest of the game. He is capable of brilliant moments but those are few and far between and hardly ever in the final third anymore. He's basically been playing this weird Carrick style role this season, then we've tried him on the left (where I thought he'd be better but he's 1/2 for that one). He did one good drive and pass against Leipzig and we're all getting a bit happy. Moussa Sissoko does that basically every game for Spurs. De Bruyne does it on a regular basis.

He's not really a threat in the box, he doesn't offer much defensively & he barely even scores from outside the box despite being played in a variety of positions and 'freed up'.

I feel like there are a lot of players out there that can bring what he does plus much more. I'm not sure Covid has helped him as he looks a bit knackered towards the end of games but that foul was so brain-dead.
Part of the issue is him believing his own hype, he's got the ego of a top tier player but hasn't got the form to back it up. I can count on one hand the amount of games he's bossed while at United, that's simply not good enough, he should be dominating games with his build, technical ability and vision. He's also not much of a leader either and he can't blame lack of quality at United anymore, we have some excellent players here finally.

He may need a restart elsewhere to kick start his career again, I dont fancy we'll ever see the player we expected and hoped for unfortunately.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

You have to be joking if you can’t see the intent in that. Team just lost 6-1 to Spurs and he flirting openly with Real Madrid. The most common response would have been ‘’I am happy here, its not my place to discuss other teams’’. Which something we have heard a lot before, andPogba actually said something that similar to Lukaku when was talking about a dream to go Serie A.

It’s not coincidence how Pogba swiftly goes on to say he plays for United and wants to help us because he realised he needed to make something up from what he shouldn’t have said few seconds before.

POF

He just doesn't produce enough to make up for how much of a liability he can be.

It's time to go. He's more talented than whoever will replace him but United will have a better team.

ash_86

I'm still shocked we took this long to come to a consensus on that matter.
Yes and the managerial situation didn't help much. We all thought he'd perform better under another manager and yet here we are.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Agreed.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
This is essentially what Johann Cruyff said. If you want to juggle the ball ten times and do all these fancy tricks, you belong in the circus. Pogba does not have a footballing brain.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

This is another thing - where are his bursting runs into the box these days (ala the City 3-2 game)?

M16Red

Net production budget of $144M for Ghost Busters (2016). This guy cost 116M dollars (current exchange rate)

£15.08m a year * 4 years = 60.32M / $80M

Total = $196M

Ghost Busters (2016) 2h 14m of horror, despair and questioning why someone would do such a thing
Pogba unlimited hours of horror, despair and questioning why someone would do such a thing

Bobski

One thing that annoys me about his fans is the feeling I get that they don't want him to grow up and mature as a player. 28 next birthday, he should be past the point of needing specific requirements, and be a more consistent, and most importantly adaptable player.

There are innumerable examples of talented flair players who adapted their game as they matured.

K Stand Knut

There's no doubt that Pogba made a mistake with the challenge on Bellerin in the box. Ole knows it, we know it, and most of all, Pogba himself knows it and has apologized for it.

Let's face it, no one is perfect. The massive price tag on Pogba does him no favours either as people are always going to expect lots from him. I can't deny that Pogba giving away 3 penalties this season is an issue - but clearly it is an issue the coaching staff and Pogba himself are going to look at and hopefully rectify. What I can't stand is the toxic vitriol hurled at Pogba from our own fans.

Let's get behind one of our own players in Pogba. We know he isn't the best defending in his own box but all of a sudden everyone forgets his through ball to Greenwood in the previous game that set the stage for a solid victory over a tough UCL opponent. The loss to Arsenal didn't result solely due to Pogba's error - the rest of the team didn't perform anywhere near we know they can.
yes it did.

Quite literally!

Strelok

This is essentially what Johann Cruyff said. If you want to juggle the ball ten times and do all these fancy tricks, you belong in the circus. Pogba does not have a footballing brain.
Why you people keep talking about moving him on? He's at the right place.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
One thing that annoys me about his critics is the character assassination saying he's a diva, he's full of ego, and acts like his shit don't stink. I have no problems with Pogba being criticized for his performances, because they're simply not good enough and at times are actually holding United back, it's unacceptable for anybody, but especially for the most expensive player in the squad (fair or not). What I hate reading is people who project their own bias and agenda onto his personality and try to pass it off as fact. Pogba is not a diva, he's not unprofessional, and he's not this massive ego who thinks he's flawless and just wants attention, he's actually the opposite of all those things. You don't need to go into character assassination to get your point across that Pogba is not contributing the way he should, that's more pathetic than any of his performances have been.

OleBoiii

I think it's abundantly clear that he's not world class and arguably never has been. He has amazing raw qualities, but lacks consistency. It's also really hard to pin down what his actual best position is. And even when you're able to do this, it always strikes me as a very limited role.

He's obviously a very good player, but I don't think the modern game suits him. You want versatile, consistent and hard-working players in every area of the pitch. The odd world class pass isn't worth it. At least not when we have Bruno.

romufc

He has enough opportunities to show how good he is and as usual he cannot consistently play well.

Played in the wrong position, well he played Left attack and still the same mistakes from him, not good enough defensively and very poor at keeping the ball.

I always gave him benefit of doubt putting blame on others but patience has run out. I am now in the camp of sell him and we can move on, there is no point of trying to fit him in or trying to find the best combination

The Urban Goose

Serious question: ha, not really!

Is there actually much difference on the pitch between current Pogba and current Ravel Morrison?

Status
Not open for further replies.