6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManU Irish

Showed in the 15-20 minutes yesterday that he is not up for the fight, did a couple of ok things but still played at half pace when the team needed urgency and legs when most of the others were running on empty. Ole wants to save his Job no Pogba or Matic in the first 11 before January. If you can then move him on for €40M-50M, drive him to wherever he needs to go. Hard to get a decent replacement in January is the only issue.

Hackman2210

Sell £50mill plus add ons for leagues cups etc. You just know he’ll win at other clubs. Real Madrid, Juve, PSG etc. All will win titles. Sad but true he’s got no heart for UTD.

Devil may care

Yeah I was thinking the same. It's getting complicated because van de Beek might be even more useful in the last 30 minutes of a game. The season is long and I guess Ole wants to keep everybody happy, but it's a tough one.
The thing with Van de Beek is when you bring him on he can create something, but he's also a lot less likely to lose the ball and in turn starve the opposition of possession.

Ole thought he’d get positive results with Pogba and Bruno in the team and VDB would be first sub who would rotate a lot. Pogba plays horribly but Ole can’t fully drop the clubs record signing so Donny gets limited games. It might get a bit messy down the road but it’s ok for now. Pogba really should leave if he can’t be one of our leading players. He’s had nearly 5 years and it’s not worked, he’s not a leader on the pitch and that’s what we are still lacking the most. He’s a luxury we can’t afford to persist with anymore. In a perfect world we’d have been able to build a good team with leaders around him and get him playing consistently but I think that ship has sailed. I’m also wondering why the club hasn’t opened contract talks with him yet seeing as they are so keen to protect their assets. It’s looking much more likely he’s off than signing a new deal.
I think Pogba is definitely leaving, the fact we had to trigger the year extension says it all, in fact I think one of the reasons he's not kicking up about being on the bench and we aren't seeing Raiola running off at the mouth in the press is we've agreed in principle to sell him in the next summer transfer window.

Or is there a clause in that contract that he has to play?
That used to be the theory in the latter stages of Rooney's career at United, it's possible but the fee is a factor I think and if we are going to sell him he needs to be actively playing.

Can7onA

Again he was half arsed and loses the ball at every opportunity.

World class he is, at standing there with his arms open trying to block a player because he's held the ball too long.

Feck him off, sack of shit.

MattofManchester

Again he was half arsed and loses the ball at every opportunity.
Herein lies an example of complete agenda driving.

He has been bad here and it's time for him to go, but making up fantasies over 10 minute performances where he did nothing wrong, so you can get your daily outrage in is just an example of poor character and how shitty this club's fanbase has become.

There have been much worse players through this club who have received far less hate. Yes, he's not been great and he should go but the level of hate and disrespect on one player out of an entire squad who performs poorly is shocking.

Can7onA

Herein lies an example of complete agenda driving.

He has been bad here and it's time for him to go, but making up fantasies over 10 minute performances where he did nothing wrong, so you can get your daily outrage in is just an example of poor character and how shitty this club's fanbase has become.

There have been much worse players through this club who have received far less hate. Yes, he's not been great and he should go but the level of hate and disrespect on one player out of an entire squad who performs poorly is shocking.
No agenda here, I call it as I see it.

He's a waste of time, hes turned into the one you bring on when the games won, thats how much of a liability he is.

If you can't see it then maybe you're the one with an agenda.

Holocene

He's a waste of time, hes turned into the one you bring on when the games won, thats how much of a liability he is.

The age old "if you disagree with me, you're wrong".

Or akin to a child putting fingers in their ears.

Andersons Dietician

Didn’t think he was that bad when he came on. As always can do better in keeping possesion and defending but he got on the ball held it up and made things happen.

OL29

:lol: Wasn’t yesterday the first time this happened? Against Newcastle and PSG he was brought on when the games were level.

Shark

@NotShark
Finally the club and fans are coming to terms with his true level. He's never been a top class player.

Champagne Football

Makes absolutely no sense to keep him here beyond the January transfer window now that Van De Beek will have settled by then. If Juventus or Madrid make any kind of decent offer in January, we should snap their hands off. Pogba has started in all 4 of our losses this season and our best performances have come when he is on the bench.

Of course Pogba can play an important role as an impact sub if nobody can afford him in January, but getting rid and then reinvesting the money back into the team would be a huge relief for everybody.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Like others have said he came on and just didn't have anywhere near the intensity of the others, same with Matic when he gets an apperance. He wasn't bad but he's just doesn't play with any urgency. Juan Mata at full sprint is barely walking speed yet he tried to keep up the intensity as best he could every minute he was on the pitch. It's why we look a better team with Fred and McTominay, they aren't better players but are always going to be 100% committed and fight for every single loose ball in the middle of the pitch. I don't think Pogba's ever going to be a consistent starter here again unless he begins matching the same workrate that others are showing. It does feel like his time here is winding down.

Hammondo

Still think we need a midfielder like Pogba to break down low blocks. A Fred-McTominay midfield is mostly useless in those games, as we saw against Spurs in the league and Norwich in the FA Cup last season.
We played without them and with pogba this season and we lost 1-6.

Can7onA

The age old "if you disagree with me, you're wrong".

Or akin to a child putting fingers in their ears.
I was accused of having an agenda, nowadays if you think someone is shit because you have watched them under perform for months, you have an agenda!

Happy to debate it, lets go, how do you think Pogba has played for Man Utd, £80M of world class performances week in week out?

:lol: Wasn’t yesterday the first time this happened? Against Newcastle and PSG he was brought on when the games were level.
First time he's been shit in possession and contributed very little? No.

bsCallout

Quite like him coming on as a sub to be honest, particularly when Cavani comes on too. Pogba is the perfect players to play ball in for Cavani.

Don't like him starting though, he'd be behind McT, Fred, Matic, VdB & Bruno for me.

georgipep

Makes absolutely no sense to keep him here beyond the January transfer window now that Van De Beek will have settled by then. If Juventus or Madrid make any kind of decent offer in January, we should snap their hands off. Pogba has started in all 4 of our losses this season and our best performances have come when he is on the bench.

Of course Pogba can play an important role as an impact sub if nobody can afford him in January, but getting rid and then reinvesting the money back into the team would be a huge relief for everybody.
He didn't start against Basaksehir. He did start against Leipzig though. Don't just claim stuff like it's gospel. That's how people know you have an agenda.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Finally the club and fans are coming to terms with his true level. He's never been a top class player.
despite his recent drop off in performances, being out for long and then coming back from covid certainly played its part, it is certain this club doesn't deserve Pogba. He's a top player who's struggling now and should be backed, not mocked or be underrated.

it will always be hard to impress in a disjointed system in a different position. He never was a dynamic player so it's pointless to say anything like he can't be arsed.. I think he tries but will never press like Fred and if some moves don't work for him now we might wanna be a bit more patient. It took Rashford plenty of time to get going too and he's not exactly tearing it now either - too inconsistent but he's backed, always. So let's do the same with Pogba, we know he's a top creative player.. The season is long and we will need him for sure.

For now we just need to find him a position where he could express himself and give him run of games there. IMHO if we're willing to play absolutely useless Mata from the wing, we could as well play Paul there as an advanced playmaker in a free role. We switched to a system where legs are important so it may be the case Pogba won't cut it in majority of games from the centre, especially when we play Matic, who should really have been moved on before it was too late. But Pogba is fast running into space has bags of tricks and he would get a lot of more space there..

NinjaFletch

despite his recent drop off in performances, being out for long and then coming back from covid certainly played its part, it is certain this club doesn't deserve Pogba. He's a top player who's struggling now and should be backed, not mocked or be underrated.

it will always be hard to impress in a disjointed system in a different position. He never was a dynamic player so it's pointless to say anything like he can't be arsed.. I think he tries but will never press like Fred and if some moves don't work for him now we might wanna be a bit more patient. It took Rashford plenty of time to get going too and he's not exactly tearing it now either - too inconsistent but he's backed, always. So let's do the same with Pogba, we know he's a top creative player.. The season is long and we will need him for sure.

For now we just need to find him a position where he could express himself and give him run of games there. IMHO if we're willing to play absolutely useless Mata from the wing, we could as well play Paul there as an advanced playmaker in a free role. We switched to a system where legs are important so it may be the case Pogba won't cut it in majority of games from the centre, especially when we play Matic, who should really have been moved on before it was too late. But Pogba is fast running into space has bags of tricks and he would get a lot of more space there..
Jesus fecking wept.

meamth

No use talking sense here in Caf about Pogba. Forget it dude. Let's just quietly hope he turns it around.

In my whole life as a United supporter, Pogba got the worst hate and abuse from our own fans.

arthurka

It's blatantly obvious that he is a part of the problem not the solution. If we get an offer for him we need to accept it. Can't believe we are still discussing Pogba after 4 years of shit performances.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Can't believe the club backed this guy over jose mourinho, and I'm not saying mourinho was a good manager for us.

Plymouth Red

No use talking sense here in Caf about Pogba. Forget it dude. Let's just quietly hope he turns it around.

In my whole life as a United supporter, Pogba got the worst hate and abuse from our own fans.
Supporters don't suddenly wake up in the morning and say to themselves "Do you know what, I think it's time for me to turn upon that bloke who has been performing at the top of his game for us week in and week out."

I was disappointed when he left us and excited by his return, but since his reappearance, I have become progressively more certain that he's not the player we thought we were buying. I say this in terms of his ability, his application, football intelligence, attitude and commitment to the Club.

I have supported United since the 60s and I cannot recall a player who has made it so clear he doesn't want to be part of our Club.

My attitude wouldn't be so negative towards him if
  • he performed consistently at a level befitting his status as a World Cup Winner, which is regularly cited as a reason to pardon all his failings
  • I could see through his contribution on the pitch why we are paying him the wages he receives
  • he gave his all on the pitch, when it actually seems like he's walking more and more during matches
  • his football brain showed him to be developing, rather than regressing.
There's a saying 'Style over substance' and this sums him up for me. I'll take substance over style any day, thanks.

Khalif_20

Excellent post, accurate analysis. I'm glad there's some sense left on the Caf when it comes to Paul and his undeniably generational quality.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Can't believe the club backed this guy over jose mourinho, and I'm not saying mourinho was a good manager for us.
that's really becoming more ridiculous here :lol: my word, mourinho is a well past it manager has a long documented record of falling out with players and baceme toxic for us too and simply with his outdated management couldn't really take us forward anymore. In contrary Pogba at the time was one of our top players (if not the best, long period of time) when we really had noone who would make a difference. He was pulling the team literally on his own with big Dave.

With every passing day and game we forget all the good some players brought to our team and focus on the negative. Reading things like 4 years of shite performances.. I am really off, some of you must be really fun to have a pint with.

People really have short memories and will even find a way to defend Mourinho. Jesus christ.

Strelok

Totally agreed there especially on the Mata part. He's useless there why don't give Pogba a try. But wait, Mata was pretty useless but at least he didn't lose the ball or gave away stupid penalties.

And sure thing this club doesn't deserve Pogba. We do deserve better for £89m and £300k a week though. I do hope Real or PSG will. Please feck off asap.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Can't believe the club backed this guy over jose mourinho
We didn't, and it's tiring that people still go on with that bullshit. The entire dressing room (with the possible exception of his favourites of Lukaku and Matic) were obviously hating it under Mourinho, and Mourinho quite obviously was setting us up to fail that last season to make a point. I still remember when Mourinho deliberately waited until the media and cameras were at the training ground to catch it before giving Pogba a dressing down, over an incident that was later proven to be Mourinho's mistake. Mourinho was the one playing stupid bloody games with multiple players and the club that season, and he won the prize of being fired with a nice payout.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Ole's job is to get the best out of the team and not Pogba.

I think it is best if Pogba goes soon.

Champagne Football

He didn't start against Basaksehir. He did start against Leipzig though. Don't just claim stuff like it's gospel. That's how people know you have an agenda.
True my bad. But still it's clear to see, no matter what formation we play, no matter how much love Ole gives him, he's just not a premier league player. He of course can start if we are home to Fulham or West Brom in the Bruno role if Bruno is injured. But with Van de Beek going to hopefully keep improving and possessing the right kind of attitude for this club, We'd be batshit crazy not to try and offload Pogba in January.

Last edited:

georgipep

True my bad. But still it's clear to see, no matter what formation we play, no matter how much love Ole gives him, he's just not a premier league player. He of course can start if we are home to Fulham or West Brom in the Bruno role if Bruno is injured. But with Van de Beek going to hopefully keep improving and possessing the right kind of attitude for this club, We'd be batshit crazy not to try and offload Pogba in January.
I agree that in the way PL teams press, Pogba is a #10 (not because he, himself is best suited for that but because of how unreliable he is as a CM) and with Donny in the team, it feels that he is the one who can be sacrificed to generate funds.

The two things he has going for him compared to VdB are his physical presence and dribble ability. Ideally, if he's OK to be a sub/rotation option, he could be useful in a title challenging team.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Agreed.

OrcaFat

He has done okay here and there as sub. Often he’s not the worst player. Possibly he gets a tad more criticism than he deserves. But frankly, his general contribution is less than what we need, even if he’s not alone in that.

At present, £50mil seems a good deal for us. If that money were to be reinvested then I think we would be better off selling him.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He has done okay here and there as sub. Often he’s not the worst player. Possibly he gets a tad more criticism than he deserves. But frankly, his general contribution is less than what we need, even if he’s not alone in that.

At present, £50mil seems a good deal for us. If that money were to be reinvested then I think we would be better off selling him.
The Daily Mail said a few days ago that we are looking to sell for that amount.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
that's really becoming more ridiculous here :lol: my word, mourinho is a well past it manager has a long documented record of falling out with players and baceme toxic for us too and simply with his outdated management couldn't really take us forward anymore. In contrary Pogba at the time was one of our top players (if not the best, long period of time) when we really had noone who would make a difference. He was pulling the team literally on his own with big Dave.

With every passing day and game we forget all the good some players brought to our team and focus on the negative. Reading things like 4 years of shite performances.. I am really off, some of you must be really fun to have a pint with.

People really have short memories and will even find a way to defend Mourinho. Jesus christ.
Currently top of the table with Spurs :wenger:
whereas we are still stuck with the virus

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Nonsense, shit result and all around negativity got the better of Mourinho. Why are you rewriting history ? If the team gets results and Pogba is on the bench, Ole will never be in trouble.
I guess that's just my reading of the situation, but I suppose no one can really say why he was fired.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Team results matter more than any individual. It seems Ole has not yet lost the players despite the teams' inconsistency. Anyway, Bruno will get tired, injured or banned and Pogba will be needed to fill that hole. Unless of course, DVB can prove capable.

It's also a signal to Pogba the team functions well without him and to find a club in January. He'll be out of contract and will be able to sign pre-contract terms with other clubs on 1st January 22. Unless he signs a contract United have too much to lose financially if he goes on a free.
Didn't we extend his contact another year?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Wonder what he's going to say on this Int break. Probably similar to last one.

Honestly think we will be so much better off as a club without him. He's just a circus we don't need and he's not even playing that well either. 1 PL goal in whole of 2020 isn't it? He did miss a few months of course but that's still very very poor.

Hopefully we can still get 40 to 50m for him in summer.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There’s a chunk of our online fanbase who just absolutely worship this guy & despise Bruno.

what’s all that about?

I’ve got nothing against Pogba by the way, on his day he’s a world class player, but he’s hardly done anything for 2 years now. Some of his twitter fans in particular calling him the best player in the world is just weird to me.

Why do his super fans hate Bruno so much? Are we past the days when people would just support the club? Rather than cherry pick certain players & shit on others.

NinjaFletch

There’s a chunk of our online fanbase who just absolutely worship this guy & despise Bruno.

what’s all that about?

I’ve got nothing against Pogba by the way, on his day he’s a world class player, but he’s hardly done anything for 2 years now. Some of his twitter fans in particular calling him the best player in the world is just weird to me.

Why do his super fans hate Bruno so much?
Are we past the days when people would just support the club? Rather than cherry pick certain players & shit on others.
Because he's come in and shown up most of the excuses they were making for Pogba as the bullshit they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.