6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA

I think he has simply lost his motivation here. Can’t fault him but he was promised great things at United when he signed and Jose arrived, but turned out they couldn’t get along and the club is in pretty much turmoil. His first season with Zlatan was his best one here and followed by after lockdown, everywhere else he was a total cack

monosierra

Bottom line is, I don't see the team changing to accomodate him. Between McTominay and Fred, Pogba should have the tough midfield partners that helped him excel in Juventus and the French national team. But its still not clicking. As for his suitors, it seems to boil down to Juventus and Real Madrid - can Juventus afford both him and Ronaldo, or will he go there when Ronaldo leaves? With Real, a transfer would boil down to a price low enough for Real to take a punt on him and Camavinga, who is one for the future.

Hammondo

I think he has simply lost his motivation here. Can’t fault him but he was promised great things at United when he signed and Jose arrived, but turned out they couldn’t get along and the club is in pretty much turmoil. His first season with Zlatan was his best one here and followed by after lockdown, everywhere else he was a total cack
This was a good laugh.

Pace Abuser

I've lost all hope in him too. He just unbalances us and needs too many things to be to his liking to perform. He needs to go back to Italy, slower league where he can fanny around and walk the league.

Champagne Football

He's a luxury player like Ozil who doesn't want to do the dirty work. Those kinds of players can only work in a world class squad where their defensive weaknesses won't be noticed and their world class moments will grab the headlines.

If we had Keane and Carrick in a double pivot controlling most games, then we might get away with having a Pogba playing further ahead in the Bruno role, but we realize now we've a Berbatov/Ozil/Mata type player in Pogba, and we don't have a team strong enough to accommodate him so we should cut our losses asap.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
the ultimate luxury player. Would look great in a Bayern or a PSG. In a team where he has to be one of the team leaders he can’t hack it.

Cloud7

Something is clearly going on for Pogba at United and it's pretty clear now that both him and Ole accepted that he's not a starter anymore. Don't know if Ole is disapointed with his behavior, or purely his level, considering his status, but we all agree that it will be better to sell him this winter to Juve or Madrid.

Also see what Deschamps said about Pogba today :

“I have no advice for him. I know him well. In Manchester, he cannot be happy with his playing time and his positioning . He's not in his best time. Injuries followed, the Covid hit him quite hard. He needs to find his rhythm. Last month he had been pretty good despite this lack of rhythm, but we can not say that he is totally happy. It's up to him to make sure he performs as well as possible. "

To follow the French national team, usually when Deschamps says this, it's that he spoke with the player and advised him to leave....
It is what it is. Pogba is my favorite player at United right now, but it does seem like things are drawing to an end for us and him. He's barely performing these days (Admittedly not many are, but even then he's among the worst of the bunch right now) and if this persists then it is going to affect his place in the national team at some point. I can see him leaving next summer. I just hope that it's amicable when the time comes, and neither side has to get ugly.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Apparently the reason there is so many French players is because they play street football from a young age even before they are signed.

I dont know if this is ' the luxury ' - but the extra skill that comes from players like Pogba and Martial seems like an element of this street football that they have to put away for a more tactical team approach to football at times.

When you look at Pogba you always see him trying to make a run with a ball like he is Ronaldinho (another street player) or Martial always wanting the ball to his feet rather than making runs behind the defenders like it's a Fifa street game.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Pogba has had some horrific performances this season but he's also had some good ones. Against Everton he came on, gave us a proper out ball when we went long and helped alleviate a good deal of pressure.

I have stopped judging Pogba based upon what I want him to be. I have accepted that he will never be that. Its helping me appreciate it him for what he can give. Rather than what I want him to give.

In all honesty, I think everyone knows its coming to the end for Pogba at United. As long as he is willing and able to make contributions until he leaves that's fine.

Pogba remains a supremely talented player. However, for this squad, he's the wrong player. Our defence is too weak to be comfortable without a double pivot in front of it. Pogba does not have the defensive know-how to play that role the way we need. That's it. Its not entirely his fault but its a reality. He's not a better #10 than Bruno and we cant afford to take a workhorse out of our midfield to let him play with more freedom. So that's it.

If/when Pogba goes to a more dominant team in a less physical league he'll look amazing.

Gopher Brown

I’m not sure he ever had the motivation to do well here. Honestly, and this might be my selective memory, when was the last time he had a game where you’d say ‘Yes, this is why he’s supposedly one of the best in the world?’ When did he last get a MOTM on here?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I honestly think we've been fooled he can become great deep lying playmaker, with fantastic long range passing, winning headers, and scoring from range.
I think from strategic point of view it made sense to try him in deep midfield, because it would've elevated our game to next level if worked. Maybe if we didn't get Bruno, he would still be important player for us, but at this point I believe his mentality and attitude let him down.

In my opinion he hasn't developed at all in last 4 years, if anything he looks slower and weaker. It also seems other teams have now realized how to play against him (let him receive the pass and then press heavily). He should get away from Premier League.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Who cares? He'll go to Madrid, be decent bar 4 or 5 games a season.
People will watch videos of him doing something incredible on Lad Bible and call him world class.
Reality is that, he's never been consistently world class and never will be.
Sell him, even for a loss and invest in a top quality DM. One that allows us to play with both Bruno and VDB and the team will be better for it.

RuudTom83

It must be an international break again haha...I'm looking forward to hearing the next instalment of 'Pogba's RM dream!' those are always good :devil:

youngrell

Fecking Deschamps.

Pogba has been doing ok as a sub for us recently, playing an important part even if it is for 20 minutes a game, and he hasn’t exactly looked unhappy doing it, yet here we have people around him bringing negative attention again.

What is it with the people who surround Paul outside of the club?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
the ultimate luxury player. Would look great in a Bayern or a PSG. In a team where he has to be one of the team leaders he can’t hack it.
Bayern wouldn't put up with him, PSG would be a great fit though (well not if you're a PSG fan who wants to win the UCL of course)

DickDastardly

Fecking Deschamps.

Pogba has been doing ok as a sub for us recently, playing an important part even if it is for 20 minutes a game, and he hasn’t exactly looked unhappy doing it, yet here we have people around him bringing negative attention again.

What is it with the people who surround Paul outside of the club?
You can't possibly think this is a coincidence?

I'd buy it if it's once. You know, the one time you, or your close ones can't keep their mouth shut.

This is a permanent thing with Paul.
Just like his bad games, you know it's coming......cometh the national break cometh the shit thrown on United.
One time it's the older brother who's concerned, next time it's the caring Didier, then it's the agent.....

Most important thing in this topic is in the top right corner - go ahead, take a look. Yes yes, the Season Average Rating. Take a good look.

youngrell

You can't possibly think this is a coincidence?

I'd buy it if it's once. You know, the one time you, or your close ones can't keep their mouth shut.

This is a permanent thing with Paul.
Just like his bad games, you know it's coming......cometh the national break cometh the shit thrown on United.
One time it's the older brother who's concerned, next time it's the caring Didier, then it's the agent.....

Most important thing in this topic is in the top right corner - go ahead, take a look. Yes yes, the Season Average Rating. Take a good look.
So you think Pogba has asked his national team manager to moan to the press on his behalf?

Sounds plausible.

BlueHaze

Said it when he was heavily linked to Real 2 summers ago we should have let him go. Can't believe we kept a guy who openly stated he wanted out on multiple occasions. Embarrassment to the club to keep him against his will. Now we have a guy who doesn't give a feck about anything and we'll lose him for peanuts or perhaps even on a free. Disastrous decision resigning him.

DickDastardly

So you think Pogba has asked his national team manager to moan to the press on his behalf?

Sounds plausible.
In a nutshell - yes.

Maybe Didier sees something in him....who the feck knows.
I'm sure they had a talk, Paul said, "yeah....they're doing it again" "making me the scapegoat once again" "i aint playing bla bla bla".

And the press know what buttons to press. (pun intended)

Paul Pogba sucks at football. But in the same time, kids love him. Beats the hell out of me, the guy has no charisma. So yeah, he's gonna be the headline if the press want him to be.
And let's face it, he's rarely been the headline for the good reasons, you know, winning stuff with Manchester United.

VivaRonaldo85

Seems excessively luxurious to keep him as an impact sub or a 10 minute Fellaini job ‘to hold the ball up at the end of a game.’ Clearly not suited to our most effective big game XI. His own “teams” ego won’t accept this and they’ll surely force a move sooner rather than later. In the best interest of both parties now IMO.

Bondi77

I just think the Premier League is played at too fast a pace for him and he has not adapted.
Opposition know that if they apply pressure when he is on the ball he will turn it over, and he is a turnstile in defence.
Best thing for him will be to return to Italy as that is where he seemed to enjoy himself and where he is more suited.

Statue of Limitations

I still think he is easily worth a 9 figure transfer figure, if that level of offer comes in I'd not be adverse to the club cashing in at this stage.

PSG would probably be a logical move for all parties.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I just think the Premier League is played at too fast a pace for him and he has not adapted.
Opposition know that if they apply pressure when he is on the ball he will turn it over, and he is a turnstile in defence.
Best thing for him will be to return to Italy as that is where he seemed to enjoy himself and where he is more suited.
This. He was made to excel in Serie A/La Liga.

Pav1878

Who cares? He'll go to Madrid, be decent bar 4 or 5 games a season.
People will watch videos of him doing something incredible on Lad Bible and call him world class.
Reality is that, he's never been consistently world class and never will be.
Sell him, even for a loss and invest in a top quality DM. One that allows us to play with both Bruno and VDB and the team will be better for it.
Totally agree. He's not world class and never will be. He has moments of brilliance but with vast swathes of shite in between. That is not the sign of a world class player who you can rely on to help you win things.

Jordan Henderson is not world class, but he's more valuable to his team than Pogba is to us. You don't have to be world class to make a difference, but you sure as hell need to show desire and better quality than Paul has.

When your team looks and functions better when you're not in it, it's telling.

I wish it had worked out for him and us but it's been a disaster mostly so it's best for all concerned that he moves on.

lex talionis

It's hard to imagine why we would have brought in VdB if we didn't plan on sending Pogba along to his next club. If Real or whoever is willing pay 60m+ I wouldn't waste any time. Get it done. Move on.

el3mel

"He is in a situation with his club where he cannot be happy, neither with his playing time, nor with his positioning," said Deschamps.
What's with his positioning ? He has just been tried in Diamond with 2 defensive midfielders alongside him, and still managed to cost us the Arsenal game. Feels like Deschamps is saying lots of bollocks.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Ole needs to tell him off to stop being the clever player and keep touches to minimum and keep it going simple a nice and easy. Once that accomplished then can try those unnecessary body shielding contact seeking by taking 250 touches. I'm so tired

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
When he came i rated him as future best midfielder in the world. And as a Croatian i had problems with my mates because i thought that he is at same level as Modric is. :D

Wtf is his problem? He has everything to boss every game.
If you ever played FM, you'll get this sort of players now and then. Good technical and physical attributes. Poor mental attributes resulting in on and off performances like this. Amazing how the game captured things like this to the letter.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Let’s try to sell him to PSG or Juventus in the summer. Would rake any bid not less than 50m.

Let’s face it, he could be worldclass player for France or other dominant side, but he is definitely not the right type of player for us.

Green_Red

He's a luxury player like Ozil who doesn't want to do the dirty work. Those kinds of players can only work in a world class squad where their defensive weaknesses won't be noticed and their world class moments will grab the headlines.

If we had Keane and Carrick in a double pivot controlling most games, then we might get away with having a Pogba playing further ahead in the Bruno role, but we realize now we've a Berbatov/Ozil/Mata type player in Pogba, and we don't have a team strong enough to accommodate him so we should cut our losses asap.
If we had a Keane we wouldn't need a Carrick.

Mr PG

He was good last season. Give him time to recover his fitness from Covid.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Woodward won't offload him for cheap.

Real Madrid and Barca won't break the bank as Pogba has shown to not be an elite midfielder.

This leaves Juve, PSG and City.

Interesting times. We don't rely on him.

He is a sub or number 10. Hell id play him on the flanks or up front instead of a deep midfielder because he is not good there.

He was best in his first 2 seasons and a little bit of last season.

If we bring in Grealish we should sell at any decent offer.

mav_9me

The penny has clearly dropped for Ole with regards to Pogba in central midfield. Which leaves no real position for him cuz Bruno is better than him as an AM. There will be games here and there where he'll start in CM or left in diamond. But bottom line is he lacks the work rate to work in CM.

This is the beginning of the end for Pogba at united.

Status
Not open for further replies.