Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Because he's come in and shown up most of the excuses they were making for Pogba as the bullshit they were.
It’s just weird though. If you’re a United fan why does it matter who gets the glory? I don’t remember Cole fans hating Yorke or Keane fans hating Scholes, they were all just United. Maybe it’s just a different time now & these Pogba fans don’t even support United & literally do just follow Pogba. I don’t know, but it’s weird.
I might have just missed it, but I have not seen a single person hate Bruno. Criticise, yes, but hate, no.
On twitter. There’s a contingent of Pogba fans who hate Bruno with a passion. Led by that “Rants n Bants”

MattofManchester

On twitter. There’s a contingent of Pogba fans who hate Bruno with a passion. Led by that “Rants n Bants”
Ah, well it's quite expected in that hellhole. There's people hating Rashford for feeding children too, so I don't engage with it.
On this matter, I personally think Pogba is one of our most talented players. While he doesn't show it, I will back him every single time he steps on the pitch, as long as he is our player. There are many players who I don't think should be at this club, but I'll still back them to perform for us.
On the matter of Bruno, I adore him, and always expect him to do something for us. He has bad games like everyone else, though, as the entire team is filled with inconsistency.

The problem I have is that there are many people singling out players for hate, while others are absolved of criticism, despite the fact that every one of them is a Manchester United player. It becomes more and more prevalent that people want to take the frustration of our failures to compete at the top at some of our players. No doubt some of those you find on Twitter who leave personal hate on player profiles are here on the caf as well.

Fact is, no Manchester United player should be hated by a Manchester United fan as long as they are a player here.

NinjaFletch

It’s just weird though. If you’re a United fan why does it matter who gets the glory? I don’t remember Cole fans hating Yorke or Keane fans hating Scholes, they were all just United. Maybe it’s just a different time now & these Pogba fans don’t even support United & literally do just follow Pogba. I don’t know, but it’s weird.
A desperate, desperate desire to be right and to only be able to enjoy the success of the club as long as you were right about how it was achieved.

Strelok

Ah, well it's quite expected in that hellhole. There's people hating Rashford for feeding children too, so I don't engage with it.
On this matter, I personally think Pogba is one of our most talented players. While he doesn't show it, I will back him every single time he steps on the pitch, as long as he is our player. There are many players who I don't think should be at this club, but I'll still back them to perform for us.
On the matter of Bruno, I adore him, and always expect him to do something for us. He has bad games like everyone else, though, as the entire team is filled with inconsistency.

The problem I have is that there are many people singling out players for hate, while others are absolved of criticism, despite the fact that every one of them is a Manchester United player. It becomes more and more prevalent that people want to take the frustration of our failures to compete at the top at some of our players. No doubt some of those you find on Twitter who leave personal hate on player profiles are here on the caf as well.

Fact is, no Manchester United player should be hated by a Manchester United fan as long as they are a player here.
I don't hate Pogba but I dislike him as an United player. Because I love United and I only like and sympathy United players who contribute or, doesn't contribute but at least show some loyalty toward the club. And I will dislike who don't.

Just being an United player doesn't guarantee that player unconditional love from fans. He has to earn that. And if he's doing bad thing or disrespect the club, or the fans he'll be rightfully disliked or hated. It's as simple as that and there's nothing wrong with that I think.

Fact is, if he leaves and no one here mention him again, I wouldn't care less about him. As most of us fans here I think.

He'sRaldo

Pogba's been quite disappointing this season, but the one thing I will say about him is that during his time under Ole he's been very willing to do the dog work and running to support the forwards.

That changed this season in a very drastic way, which leads me to believe that the virus either hit him hard, or affected his preseason preparation to the extent that he probably should have gotten some time off. The fact that the PL is such a physical league probably exacerbates this.

His role as a bench player is definitely best for now, but I doubt it's what will happen long term. One's memory would have to be too short to forget how crucial a role his presence, or even his absence, can play in our season. And one would have to be extremely biased to rate his ability as a footballer based on this obvious down period, as opposed to either his normal level or his top level.

Alejandro Angel

I feel a bit sorry for him now because I think he does legit love the club and he is good person and good bloke. He’s too good to be on a bench but we just can’t seem to make it work.
If he loved or even respected the club he would have shut his agent up and not been quite when his brother and his agent where giving interviews expressing negative opinions about the club and his manager.
He could have been great, but his attitude and desire to be the best that he could be is lacking, his positioning is so poor that another defensive player has too play with him.
I think the problem with Pogba is we can all see an amazing player but he only comes out when he is the French team and even then deschamps had to threaten to not play him if he didn't work hard for his team.

OrcaFat

Pogba's been quite disappointing this season, but the one thing I will say about him is that during his time under Ole he's been very willing to do the dog work and running to support the forwards.

That changed this season in a very drastic way, which leads me to believe that the virus either hit him hard, or affected his preseason preparation to the extent that he probably should have gotten some time off. The fact that the PL is such a physical league probably exacerbates this.

His role as a bench player is definitely best for now, but I doubt it's what will happen long term. One's memory would have to be too short to forget how crucial a role his presence, or even his absence, can play in our season. And one would have to be extremely biased to rate his ability as a footballer based on this obvious down period, as opposed to either his normal level or his top level.
Yes, he could just be struggling physically and that in turn could affect the rest of his game. There’s no doubt he used to be imperious at times and his top level is indeed high.

But it’s been a while since we’ve seen a sustained run of good form from him. For whatever reason (possibly even out of his control) he’s been below the standard we require. Eventually, if it continues, you have to consider cashing in, if there are takers at decent money.

I’ve always said it will be a shame when he goes because he hasn’t often enough hit the heights his talent promised.

He may still come good of course. I hope so.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I guess that's just my reading of the situation, but I suppose no one can really say why he was fired.
Of course one can say it, bad results :lol: !!! If we were winning games consistently with Pogba being benched and ridiculed by Mourinho very often, he would never have gotten fired. At the end of the day, what gets a manager fired is the lack of results.

OrcaFat

Of course one can say it, bad results :lol: !!! If we were winning games consistently with Pogba being benched and ridiculed by Mourinho very often, he would never have gotten fired. At the end of the day, what gets a manager fired is the lack of results.
Mourinho did complain that the club did not support him when he tried to exert control over the players and also said the club allowed players to have too much power. Results were the bottom line of course but, if the above is true, without saying the club backed Pogba over Mou, the club didn’t help him in establishing the environment he wanted to manage in. (The overall management structure keeps coming up as a probable weakness of the club compared to our competitors.)

In any case, Pogba was often in the press for the wrong reasons, his agent is a gobshite, and whichever way you look at it, he is not an easy player to manage.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Liverpool had the balls to sell Suarez n Coutinho, despite being two of their best players, when they both wanted out.

We've kept a inconsistent Pogba against his will and it's been good for neither party. Should have just taken the best offer from Juve summer before last and moved him on.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Liverpool had the balls to sell Suarez n Coutinho, despite being two of their best players, when they both wanted out.

We've kept a inconsistent Pogba against his will and it's been good for neither party. Should have just taken the best offer from Juve summer before last and moved him on.
Romano did say Pogba wouldn't have been here if there was no pandemic

kouroux

Mourinho did complain that the club did not support him when he tried to exert control over the players and also said the club allowed players to have too much power. Results were the bottom line of course but, if the above is true, without saying the club backed Pogba over Mou, the club didn’t help him in establishing the environment he wanted to manage in. (The overall management structure keeps coming up as a probable weakness of the club compared to our competitors.)

In any case, Pogba was often in the press for the wrong reasons, his agent is a gobshite, and whichever way you look at it, he is not an easy player to manage.
All of that is different from what I'm arguing. Mourinho was sacked because the results were terrible, not because he benched Pogba (which in theory should have worked out as he was a virus and all)

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Romano did say Pogba wouldn't have been here if there was no pandemic
I'm fairly sure on that too. Although we turned down offers for him the year before if you believe the press. United seem desperate to keep him and give him a bumper new deal. I don't understand why. He's bleeding average for us anyway.

Eli Zee

I'm fairly sure on that too. Although we turned down offers for him the year before if you believe the press. United seem desperate to keep him and give him a bumper new deal. I don't understand why. He's bleeding average for us anyway.
Is he still selling shirts the way he's been playing and now that he doesn't start as often?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Is he still selling shirts the way he's been playing and now that he doesn't start as often?
We don't make any money from sold shirts. Adidas pay us a set fee, whether we sell 100,000 or 1 million. They make the big profits.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Hes a brand on his own and a footballing icon. He benefits our image.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Hes a brand on his own and a footballing icon. He benefits our image.
He can have as many brands as he wants. He's still a flop.

Bruno has come along and shown him up good and proper. Get £40 to 50m for him next summer, if we can, and put it towards a world class player who a) wants to be here and b) actually tries hard every week not just when he feels like it.

OrcaFat

All of that is different from what I'm arguing. Mourinho was sacked because the results were terrible, not because he benched Pogba (which in theory should have worked out as he was a virus and all)
I wasn’t disagreeing that the results were terrible, it’s there for all to see. But there was more going on than that, which was also plain and obvious to see. If all else was going swimmingly, I doubt he would have been fired in the autumn, regardless of some bad results, especially considering compensation terms would have been more favourable at the end of the season.

I was perfectly happy when he was fired, by the way, but I don’t think the club came out of it with any credit at all.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Correct, but in the long term the more profit they make the more they will pay us next time the contract comes up.
There will always be marquis players for shirts and in the grand scheme of things shirts are only a small revenue stream relatively.

Sooner the better he is gone. Shirts and Adidas should have nothing to do with it

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
I think Pogba needs a different set up to play more consistently or have a higher minimum. When more players are close to him he can play some intelligent one-touch passing with them, but when they aren't he tries to play all zen-like and when that doesn't work (which it usually doesn't) his alertness isn't good enough to perform well enough and avoid the loss of possession. As a profile he's got it all, but the way to activate that profile does not seem to be one that passes by very often at United, so I think both parties will have to look elsewhere.

I do like how he connects with Martial, though, the 4-2-2-2 at the end against PSG with them close to each other looked so nice. I hope his talent comes out elsewhere, would be sad if all that potential would never come to fruition. But he needs very specific teammates and strategies to perform at his best, sadly enough. He's not the leading/carrying type to lift average passers/movers to world class, but I feel he could make a top team legendary. But perhaps he won't do that either or we'll never find out.

He's one of my favorite players, but there's been so many disappointments now. I think he's been singled out and downtalked too much, but it could have been so so much more.

Tapori

I think Pogba needs a different set up to play more consistently or have a higher minimum. When more players are close to him he can play some intelligent one-touch passing with them, but when they aren't he tries to play all zen-like and when that doesn't work (which it usually doesn't) his alertness isn't good enough to perform well enough and avoid the loss of possession. As a profile he's got it all, but the way to activate that profile does not seem to be one that passes by very often at United, so I think both parties will have to look elsewhere.

I do like how he connects with Martial, though, the 4-2-2-2 at the end against PSG with them close to each other looked so nice. I hope his talent comes out elsewhere, would be sad if all that potential would never come to fruition. But he needs very specific teammates and strategies to perform at his best, sadly enough. He's not the leading/carrying type to lift average passers/movers to world class, but I feel he could make a top team legendary. But perhaps he won't do that either or we'll never find out.

He's one of my favorite players, but there's been so many disappointments now. I think he's been singled out and downtalked too much, but it could have been so so much more.
This. He needs confidence and to work hard to read the play. Often I think he freezes and tries to do 100 things at once. He needs to start with basics then once he regains his composure, implement his instinct. He still has time but it's ticking

kouroux

I wasn’t disagreeing that the results were terrible, it’s there for all to see. But there was more going on than that, which was also plain and obvious to see. If all else was going swimmingly, I doubt he would have been fired in the autumn, regardless of some bad results, especially considering compensation terms would have been more favourable at the end of the season.

I was perfectly happy when he was fired, by the way, but I don’t think the club came out of it with any credit at all.
I see your point and it makes sense tbh.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Something is clearly going on for Pogba at United and it's pretty clear now that both him and Ole accepted that he's not a starter anymore. Don't know if Ole is disapointed with his behavior, or purely his level, considering his status, but we all agree that it will be better to sell him this winter to Juve or Madrid.

Also see what Deschamps said about Pogba today :

“I have no advice for him. I know him well. In Manchester, he cannot be happy with his playing time and his positioning . He's not in his best time. Injuries followed, the Covid hit him quite hard. He needs to find his rhythm. Last month he had been pretty good despite this lack of rhythm, but we can not say that he is totally happy. It's up to him to make sure he performs as well as possible. "

To follow the French national team, usually when Deschamps says this, it's that he spoke with the player and advised him to leave....

romufc

I am not too worried about comments from Dechamps or Pogba anymore. It seems that both parties have accepted that he will leave.

We have heard nothing on a new contract either which may suggest that his days are numbered.

I would not mind selling Pogba and moving on, its been too long he has not done as well as I thought, many things including Pogba himself are to blame on that..

It is time we cut our losses and move on.

Dike_Manc

No doubt he has been disappointing but the most frustrating thing about this sack of shit is that he is now incapable of taking the ball off anyone without fouling them. Get rid ASAP

DickDastardly

Or we might just give it a rest.

It's been 4 years, and what, 3 managers. And he hasn't shown a glimps of the money we payed for him.

The best he played was with Zlatan, because Zlatan makes players better, unlike Paul.

He connects with Martial because they're both lazy french frogs.

The day he fecks off from this great club is the day we get back to ourselves. The spell will be broken.

RedorDead21

I am not too worried about comments from Dechamps or Pogba anymore. It seems that both parties have accepted that he will leave.

We have heard nothing on a new contract either which may suggest that his days are numbered.

I would not mind selling Pogba and moving on, its been too long he has not done as well as I thought, many things including Pogba himself are to blame on that..

It is time we cut our losses and move on.
if he gets an improved contract....it sums up well why we are where we are.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Not really he's not a footballing icon at all. That was probably few years ago, now the majority think he's just overhyped.
I'm not sure how old you are but if he featured on any YouTube channel or on any company website then he would pull in viewers like mad.

He is a huge icon regardless of how overhyped you may think he is.

romufc

if he gets an improved contract....it sums up well why we are where we are.
100%. How can you give him a new contract considering 1. He will want £350k a week minimum 2. What has he done to deserve it.

DDG who is the highest paid has put in 5/6 years of WC performances whereas Pogba has put 5/6 games in 5 years.

It will be a huge mistake to give him a new contract imo.

DickDastardly

Yeah, the club was doing so well before he got here.

The first part of your name couldn't be more appropriate for you, xenophobia is no surprise.
Well, we did win the FA cup with Van Gaal.

Xenophobia? What's with the snowflake attitude?

He's french, right? He's pretty fecking lazy i'll tell you that. And frog? He's been called worse on RC. Nothing xenophobic.

The shit performances we get served week in week out are far more insulting then anything i can call him on a forum site.

I'll open a bottle of the finest champagne when we sell him. You're welcome to stop by!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
100%. How can you give him a new contract considering 1. He will want £350k a week minimum 2. What has he done to deserve it.

DDG who is the highest paid has put in 5/6 years of WC performances whereas Pogba has put 5/6 games in 5 years.

It will be a huge mistake to give him a new contract imo.
Agreed.

el3mel

I'm not sure how old you are but if he featured on any YouTube channel or on any company website then he would pull in viewers like mad.

He is a huge icon regardless of how overhyped you may think he is.
That means he's a brand, which I didn't disagree with, but not really an icon for the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.