Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't get what you mean?
I'm just appreciating the effort it took to go to that length of interpretation. Me saying I enjoy spending more time with certain people with whom I share a huge success, doesn't mean it's a dig at others at all.
Like I always say, there is enough material to criticize Pogba with in terms of performances on the pitches and it's fair and fine to want him gone. I share those feelings too but I will never get this over analysis of everything he says like this.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Or it could simply be mean more refreshing to be there than at Utd ? It's not a dig at Utd at all.
Well, yeah, how could it be refreshing for anybody there at the moment? Would anybody even be okay with someone thinking it's refreshing to be at United, and everything is just peachy? The team is struggling and I'm sure all the players and staff are feeling terrible about it and want to change it. It doesn't mean that he wants to leave United, and I'm really confused why anybody thinks it's a dig at United. When a player struggles with his club and finds the national team with which he's had success, it's gonna be a pretty standard question from a journalist to ask about that. I know Pogba's had intentionally mistranslated quotes by the media to trigger United fans before, but here I don't see anything wrong or bad that could upset United fans, unless they're really sensitive and want to think everything is perfect at United and all the players should be thrilled at the moment.
I don't take it as a dig or that he insulted United with this particular comment, I take it as the easy way for him is to find a new club so it can be refreshing and perhaps get the better out of him. Change of scenery can be good for someone's career. It is no rocket science at all.

I'm just appreciating the effort it took to go to that length of interpretation. Me saying I enjoy spending more time with certain people with whom I share a huge success, doesn't mean it's a dig at others at all.
Like I always say, there is enough material to criticize Pogba with in terms of performances on the pitches and it's fair and fine to want him gone. I share those feelings too but I will never get this over analysis of everything he says like this.
I'm pretty sure most of our players prefer playing with their National team, from some of the responses here i can see why he finds it more refreshing.

kouroux

I don't take it as a dig or that he insulted United with this particular comment, I take it as the easy way for him is to find a new club so it can be refreshing and perhaps get the better out of him. Change of scenery can be good for someone's career. It is no rocket science at all.
That's your own imagination working overtime. He's asked about how he feels about coming back to the national team and that's it. I'm ready to accept that he wants to leave and I personally hope he is gone with a big fee to help the club reinvest. However a simple answer is a simple answer.

kouroux

I'm pretty sure most of our players prefer playing with their National team, from some of the responses here i can see why he finds it more refreshing.
Besides, there is a bond that is created after you win a huge trophy like that. Utd is in a constant state of negativity, a break from that must be fantastic.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Utd is in a constant state of negativity, a break from that must be fantastic.
Are we though? I mean, I know the Cafe is a very negative place but is our team? I don’t see that, Pogba aside we seem to have a great bunch of lads.

How do we know that the reason Pogba feels that way may be because his team mates are as fed up of him as some of us on here are?

James Peril

I’ve seen enough of Pogba to know that he is a world-class player when he is fit and motivated, and playing in his best position and playing with capable players next to him. For a few seasons, he was our best player every other game and stood out most of the time. Right now, not so much - even I will admit it’s looking bad. However, whenever he is singled out after a loss, he is usually on par with everyone else on the pitch. Pogba is a genius that sees space few others do, he cannot slot the perfect ball if players aren’t making the runs. I’ll say it again, even Kevin de Bruyne would struggle in this team due to lack of runs and missing attacking patterns.

Pogba’s only hope right now is that we sack our manager and hire a proper, attacking manager capable of bringing out the best for this talented squad. Pogba has been benched and most seem to agree we see seeing better performances, yet we linger at the bottom of the table and struggle to create chances from open play without counters.

I have no doubt in my mind he will be signed by a better team and go on to win the league on first try, I just hope he stays and we get to see it here instead. And people should stop caring so much about egos and primadonnas, the football world us full of them - Pogba certainly isn’t the worst.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
That's your own imagination working overtime. He's asked about how he feels about coming back to the national team and that's it. I'm ready to accept that he wants to leave and I personally hope he is gone with a big fee to help the club reinvest. However a simple answer is a simple answer.
How is it imagination? more like, an opinion, a reasonable one. A change of scenery could be helpful because as we know Pogba seems to struggle to be able to perform at his best consistently with United. One thing that he did better with Juve and French NT.

First you came up with 'you thought that was a dig' then when i said i didnt see it that way and explained the reason why, you came up with 'thats your imagination'.

A bit funny isn't it? :D do not take what people said about Pogba so personally. Even what you think about his comments can also be interpreted as your imagination. Unless if you are Pogba himself.

kouroux

Are we though? I mean, I know the Cafe is a very negative place but is our team? I don’t see that, Pogba aside we seem to have a great bunch of lads.

How do we know that the reason Pogba feels that way may be because his team mates are as fed up of him as some of us on here are?
These players follow social media a lot and they're not completely disconnected from the criticism. It's his own fault because his performances haven't good enough but it's also natural to not enjoy them. In a context where he's won and is appreciated more, it's logical that he enjoys himself there.

Bet he can't wait to play in that rose garden at Madrid then!
We'll soon find out (the coming months).

kouroux

How is it imagination? more like, an opinion, a reasonable one. A change of scenery could be helpful because as we know Pogba seems to struggle to be able to perform at his best consistently with United. One thing that he did better with Juve and French NT.

First you came up with 'you thought that was a dig' then when i said i didnt see it that way and explained the reason why, you came up with 'thats your imagination'.

A bit funny isn't it? :D do not take what people said about Pogba so personally. Even what you think about his comments can also be interpreted as your imagination. Unless if you are Pogba himself.
You know what, I didn't even mean to quote you :lol: My mistake, I had another post in mind when I typed that.
I defo agree with you about the change of scenery needed for every one, realistically he's looking at a long period on the bench and for an expensive player like that, it's crazy. A solution needs to be found

I've had enough of him now. He's done this enough times for it to no longer be an innocent mistake. As great a player as he is, we've found our best starting lineup doesn't include him and with Bruno here we can do without.

Volumiza

These players follow social media a lot and they're not completely disconnected from the criticism. It's his own fault because his performances haven't good enough but it's also natural to not enjoy them. In a context where he's won and is appreciated more, it's logical that he enjoys himself there.
I actually agree with this post and I’m glad you acknowledge it is his own fault. He just should stop vocalising his thoughts so much when they are at the expense of his own club. It’s really unprofessional and is a massive reason there is this perpetual backlash. He could literally turn this round easily.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Have you ever thought that fans on here are generally sick to their back teeth of watching shit on a stick every week? The tone you strike implies fans are at fault for the bad atmosphere around the club. The consistently underperforming players escape scot-free as usual. If any of our lads are sick of negativity, perhaps they could pull their fingers out.

kouroux

I actually agree with this post and I’m glad you acknowledge it is his own fault. He just should stop vocalising his thoughts so much when they are at the expense of his own club. It’s really unprofessional and is a massive reason there is this perpetual backlash. He could literally turn this round easily.
I'm not blind, I can see he's been playing terribly this season (he had 2-3 good games after the restart and then went on to drop seriously too). Where I don't agree is the interpretation of these actual quotes as being at the expense of Utd. That's all I'm trying to say. If we can sell him for a good fee, I'm all for it

Volumiza

I'm not blind, I can see he's been playing terribly this season (he had 2-3 good games after the restart and then went on to drop seriously too). Where I don't agree is the interpretation of these actual quotes as being at the expense of Utd. That's all I'm trying to say. If we can sell him for a good fee, I'm all for it
Saying something like ‘Being here is a breath of fresh air’ usually means things aren’t great, or stale, in your daily surroundings. It’s not a massive dig but it is still a negative slant on Utd.

kouroux

Saying something like ‘Being here is a breath of fresh air’ usually means things aren’t great, or stale, in your daily surroundings. It’s not a massive dig but it is still a negative slant on Utd.
Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with that. It would some OTT level of control for him to say something that wouldn't be interpreted negatively by Utd fans. I think fans have to realize that they don't matter to that level for footballers.

Volumiza

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with that. It would some OTT level of control for him to say something that wouldn't be interpreted negatively by Utd fans. I think fans have to realize that they don't matter to that level for footballers.
On its own it is a small thing, the problem I have with Pogba is there are a lot of small things. He’s been an issue for this club since Jose.

Jinn

Hope this isn't true. Without fans, footballers are just a bunch of guys kicking a ball around for free.

OleBoiii

I used to defend Pogba even though I wasn't completely satisfied with his performances for the simple reason that he was our only midfielder capable of creating something. But Bruno's arrival has more or less made him redundant. VDB also being an option just further strengthens this case.

In the modern game there are generally 3 things you that are not allowed to be: sloppy, inconsistent or lazy. You could argue that a player in the front 3(i.e wide forwards and strikers) can be one or more of them if he still provides a feckton of goals and assists, but if you're a midfielder, defender or a goalkeeper, all of the above are inexcusable crimes. And Pogba has arguably shown that he's all 3 of them. I'm not gonna talk about the comments in the media because I don't know the whole story, but it honestly makes no difference. His on-field performances speak for themselves and it's not good enough anymore. He's too dependent on the rest of the team being great. That doesn't work in 2020.

I really hope that he can redeem himself, but I just don't see it happening. Unfortunately.

Strelok

Maybe I'm wrong but truth is I just tried to translate his message. You're welcome to point out what was wrong and why.

C'est une période que je ne connaissais pas dans ma carrière
I've been playing not well recently.

L'équipe de France est une bouffée d'air
The French national team gave my mood a positive change.

On prend beaucoup de plaisir à venir et on est tous heureux de se revoir.
We, me and my teammates are very happy to come to the national team and everyone are happy to see each other again.

Ce n'est pas pareil qu'en club
It's not the same at the club.

On se regroupe tous, c'est magique.
We all rally together, it's magic.

On réalise que tout le monde est heureux de venir et cela fait la différence.
We realised that everyone are happy to come and it made a difference.

So, he basically said he's not playing well recently. The atmosphere at the national team gave his mood a positive change. Because his teammates here are happy to come, happy to see each other and rally together. It's not like that at the club. That made a difference.

Or, everyone at the club are not happy to come, not happy to see each other, and do not rally together. That's the reason I've been playing not well recently. The atmosphere at the national team changed my mood positively and that made the difference in my performance.

Again, you're very welcome to point out what's wrong in my interpretation. And why.

Last edited:

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He’s not really worthy of a starting place on form. All the quotes from his international interviews are just superfluous fluff.

Moiraine

I've had enough of him now. He's done this enough times for it to no longer be an innocent mistake. As great a player as he is, we've found our best starting lineup doesn't include him and with Bruno here we can do without.
Great ?

DRM

Man, I really wish we sold him last summer, got Bruno in early instead of in Jan and got Greilish this summer. Our team would have been in a lot better shape!

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Typical cnutish behaviour as usual from him, it's not even interesting anymore, I wonder when will someone from our club stop his childish behaviour. And no one is faking the quotes, it's quite obvious he is enjoying talking to media while he is on international duty, this hapoened literally every time.

Or it could simply be mean more refreshing to be there than at Utd ? It's not a dig at Utd at all.
:lol:

Can you explain why is it always Pogba who takes part in these "interesting" interviews and not our other players? There is a reason he does this, and you his fans always defend him when it's obvious he does it intentionall, whether to attracts interests from other clubs, takes dig at his manager, or whatever, but everyone sane can see that he does it intentionally and yet there is always someone here defending him.

And funnily enough it's always during these international periods or while he is out of the club for whetever reason, and yet some of you still defend him, I seriously cannot believe how naive you are.

Volumiza

Can you explain why is it always Pogba who takes part in these "interesting" interviews and not our other players?
Exactly! Literally no other player in our squad makes any comments even closely resembling the slight digs Pogba continuously churns out. He’s unhappy and wants out, that’s fine, just show a bit of professionalism and respect.

Yes great. He's a brilliant player in the right team, there is no denying that. He just doesn't fit in our starting lineup anymore and he's too good/high profile to be warming the bench.

lysglimt

Scout
Enough for me - let him rot on the bench until we find someone willing to pay a bit of Money for him.

The fact that he attacks United and praises France - less than a week after both him and France played the worst match in years :)

The guy is a joke

kouroux

Typical cnutish behaviour as usual from him, it's not even interesting anymore, I wonder when will someone from our club stop his childish behaviour. And no one is faking the quotes, it's quite obvious he is enjoying talking to media while he is on international duty, this hapoened literally every time.

:lol:

Can you explain why is it always Pogba who takes part in these "interesting" interviews and not our other players? There is a reason he does this, and you his fans always defend him when it's obvious he does it intentionall, whether to attracts interests from other clubs, takes dig at his manager, or whatever, but everyone sane can see that he does it intentionally and yet there is always someone here defending him.

And funnily enough it's always during these international periods or while he is out of the club for whetever reason, and yet some of you still defend him, I seriously cannot believe how naive you are.
"You and his fans always defend him". How do you want me to debate with you when you have such a childish and wrong approach ?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
How can 1 player constantly cause this much drama? Leave or stfu, get your head down and work hard. It’s not rocket science. I’m tired of the pogba show.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
How Pogba has fans that still grovel over him is hilarious. Get him out of the club.

kouroux

Maybe I'm wrong but truth is I just tried to translate his message. You're welcome to point out what was wrong and why.

C'est une période que je ne connaissais pas dans ma carrière
I've been playing not well recently.

L'équipe de France est une bouffée d'air
The French national team gave my mood a positive change.

On prend beaucoup de plaisir à venir et on est tous heureux de se revoir.
We, me and my teammates are very happy to come to the national team and everyone are happy to see each other again.

Ce n'est pas pareil qu'en club
It's not the same at the club.

On se regroupe tous, c'est magique.
We all rally together, it's magic.

On réalise que tout le monde est heureux de venir et cela fait la différence.
We realised that everyone are happy to come and it made a difference.

So, he basically said he's not playing well recently. The atmosphere at the national team gave his mood a positive change. Because his teammates here are happy to come, happy to see each other and rally together. It's not like that at the club. That made a difference.

Or, everyone at the club are not happy to come, not happy to see each other, and do not rally together. That's the reason I've been playing not well recently. The atmosphere at the national team changed my mood positively and that made the difference in my performance.

Again, you're very welcome to point out what's wrong in my interpretation. And why.
He isn't playing better for France, hasn't played well in the last few games. When I'm reading these quotes, it just means to me he is happier to see his national teammates. That the bond and joy shared with them is different than at the club ("Ce n'est pas pareil qu'en club" emphasizes the difference and not necessarily the opposition between the 2 situations)

bsCallout

In my opinion, Manchester United haven't played in a way that suits Pogba since he joined.

The other side to that coin is, Pogba isn't good enough to play in a system that isn't tailor made for him.

Scholes and Keane for example played every role a CM can, because they were that good.

That isn't a slight on Pogba, our expectations were too high, he wouldn't be a loss to us.

OleTheGreat

I think he's too inconsistent with his passing to be labelled as one of the best in the world. For every worldy cross field ball or clever dink, there's a wayward shocker or misplaced simple pass.

I see him as a great all rounder - someone who can do everything but I don't think he's world class in any one role. If you asked me to pick a DM, CM or AM for a range of tactical systems, I doubt he'd be first choice for anyone because he's competing with guys who are worse overall players but much better in their roles (Kante for example is nowhere near as good all round as Pogba but much better as a DM, Modric obviously doesn't have his athleticism or physicality but you'd take Modric over him every time as a CM) I feel his whole career since joining us has been about trying to fit a system around him and never been simply to put him in a role and let him stay in that role.
True. I think we would've been better off taking Pirlo that year rather than Pogba. I think Pirlo had to do more in order to let Pogba show off his skills at Juve and we were too blind sided by his flair than anything else.

OleTheGreat

He had a major injury last season needing an operation, had no pre season this season, had COVID on top of that, an injury after that. That sequence of events might have an effect on a player.
I agree with everything you say but if he knew all this will factor into his play, I would probably blame Ole for not seeing it in training. In spite of all that I personally think Pogba can handle simple passes which he hasn't and I think it's more of a form issue and pre season is a huge factor for that. I wonder Bruno is able to cope without pre season over everybody else. He's had just 1 very very bad game since joining us and that was against Istanbul. He's been just brilliant but Pogba has never been that good for 4 years which calls for concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.