Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Thick as pig shit this lad. Even if he is recognising he isn't playing well, he's trying to put the blame on the club. That's his problem, he doesn't take any responsibility for anything. And his idiotic fanboys only encourage it further when they lavish such OTT praise on him or also pass the buck elsewhere. They're just blind to their idiocy.

mancan92

Thick as pig shit this lad. Even if he is recognising he isn't playing well, he's trying to put the blame on the club. That's his problem, he doesn't take any responsibility for anything. And his idiotic fanboys only encourage it further when they lavish such OTT praise on him or also pass the buck elsewhere. They're just blind to their idiocy.
Where did he put blame on the club?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Wait he acknowledged he isn't playing well.

Don't understand what he said wrong genuinely.
The problem is that he’s always misquoted or at least that’s always the defence. How many times do you need to be misquoted to grow some cop on?

there’s always drama with him. Always

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
One word can change the whole context. Pogba apparently said something along the lines that it's a breathe of fresh air playing for France than at THE club when what he really said was at A club, meaning for footballers in general and not just him at United.

That's why journos are such cnuts. Change a few words and they've generated a different story.

SuperiorXI

I don't get why he has to talk every international break... what is it guaranteed to do? Create talking points, leading to more tension at United. It's unprofessional.

crossy1686

career ending
Not sure what to make of the recent comments other than its national duty again and he's apparently being misquoted. At what point, if you're him, do you stop giving these people interviews? Or his people asking to see them before they go out?

Just feels like shades of Yaya Toure at the moment.

Strelok

One word can change the whole context. Pogba apparently said something along the lines that it's a breathe of fresh air playing for France than at THE club when what he really said was at A club, meaning for footballers in general and not just him at United.

That's why journos are such cnuts. Change a few words and they've generated a different story.
Not this again, we have so many French experts here today :lol:
He isn't playing better for France, hasn't played well in the last few games. When I'm reading these quotes, it just means to me he is happier to see his national teammates. That the bond and joy shared with them is different than at the club ("Ce n'est pas pareil qu'en club" emphasizes the difference and not necessarily the opposition between the 2 situations)
Well if it's what you'd think about that then I'll respect your opinion.

But I don't think my opinion or interpretation is wrong. He'd just say "C'est pareil, mais c'est différent qu'en club" if he actually mean what you think.

SuperiorXI

Not sure what to make of the recent comments other than its national duty again and he's apparently being misquoted. At what point, if you're him, do you stop giving these people interviews? Or his people asking to see them before they go out?

Just feels like shades of Yaya Toure at the moment.
Top players are all media trained to avoid situations like this. It happens almost every time with Pogba. Coincidence?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don't get why he has to talk every international break... what is it guaranteed to do? Create talking points, leading to more tension at United. It's unprofessional.
He only talks because media ask him questions. He's a big star in France and he's being kept out of the United team by Scott McTominay and Fred. It's a big talking point over there. If Kane went to Madrid and was benched for a much lesser player he would be asked about it when he played for England too. It's not just a Pogba thing.

SuperiorXI

He only talks because media ask him questions. He's a big star in France and he's being kept out of the United team by Scott McTominay and Fred. If Kane went to Madrid and was benched for a much lesser player he would be asked about it when he played for England too. It's not just a Pogba thing.
And who's fault is that?

If he was such a great player he'd get his head down and work his way back into the team. Get the feeling he blames everybody and everything but himself.

crossy1686

career ending
Top players are all media trained to avoid situations like this. It happens almost every time with Pogba. Coincidence?
It's past the point of coincidence now.

I listened to a podcast with Tomas Kusack the other day and he said after he was misquoted on international duty where the interviewer quoted a joke he made "Van Der Sar hasn't helped me at all" as a headline of the article which painted him as unhappy and moaning about United, he refused to do certain interviews and wanted the draft before it was published otherwise they had no permission to print or show the interview. This really shouldn't be happening.

crossy1686

career ending
He only talks because media ask him questions. He's a big star in France and he's being kept out of the United team by Scott McTominay and Fred. It's a big talking point over there. If Kane went to Madrid and was benched for a much lesser player he would be asked about it when he played for England too. It's not just a Pogba thing.
That's on him. McTomminay and Fred have played better than he has all season. Are you suggesting he plays because of his reputation?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
"You and his fans always defend him". How do you want me to debate with you when you have such a childish and wrong approach ?
Well, anyone who still defends him is obviously his big fan, considering how blindly some of you still defend him. He is obviously doing this on purpose all the time and yet some of you still can't see it.

He is literally mentioning the club, no matter how you translate it he wants to make the club smaller than his international team and wants a reaction from the media. Considering that he is far smarter than some of you think he is, it's quite obvious that he is doing to get the reaction.

SuperiorXI

It's past the point of coincidence now.

I listened to a podcast with Tomas Kusack the other day and he said after he was misquoted on international duty where the interviewer quoted a joke he made "Van Der Sar hasn't helped me at all" as a headline of the article which painted him as unhappy and moaning about United, he refused to do certain interviews and wanted the draft before it was published otherwise they had no permission to print or show the interview. This really shouldn't be happening.
Great example. People are getting the wool pulled over their eyes with Pogba, always making excuses. I've had enough of his antics now.

MattofManchester

I don't personally believe it was an intentional dig. I think it's just that he's an airhead and very naive for his age.

It really is very unnecessary.

You can talk about France without ever mentioning Manchester United. There is no reason to mention the club when you're in the international team.

Might be best to leave him out the squad till we can sell him.

No, seriously, comments like that hurt the team.
And it's no longer about Paul Pogba.

Manchester United need to send a message that players cannot say what they want in any way about the club in the media or otherwise.

So leave him out. Not the bench. Leave him completely out.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
And who's fault is that?

If he was such a great player he'd get his head down and work his way back into the team. Get the feeling he blames everybody and everything but himself.
It's a number of things. Ole playing him when he was unfit after Covid was terrible management. He's also being deployed as a DM when he clearly isn't one. Pogba has been poor but I think people forget that it was his form that got Ole the job permanently to begin with.

That's on him. McTomminay and Fred have played better than he has all season. Are you suggesting he plays because of his reputation?
Fred has been better. McTominay has had about 1 good game, same as Pogba (Leipzig). Before the Everton game everyone was talking about how poor McTominay has been. One good game doesn't equal a good season.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
His conferences need to be embargoed.
Split each into 200 parts, every part has 1-2 seconds of him saying alphabets.
"re", "s", "cue", "me", "re", "a", "l", "ma", "dr", "id".

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Nothing wrong with what he said to be fair, he simple said he enjoy playing for his country when asked about it. But his recent form for his club has been big concern, so maybe it’s better he hide himself away from doing any interview until he delivers

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
His brand. Twitter clicks correlated with penetration. More controversial more clicks. He starts a fire with this statement and will not attempt to quench it.
This will prompt more coverage. Now ole need to speak about pogba. Maybe zidane and PSG juve management as well. More news.
More clicks. More branding.
Contrary to what we think these guys have media people advising them in the background and know precisely what they doing. How do you think he became a global marketting giant? By thinking and making up answers there and then in front of journalists? Pffthh

SuperiorXI

His brand. Twitter clicks correlated with penetration. More controversial more clicks. He starts a fire with this statement and will not attempt to quench it.
This will prompt more coverage. Now ole need to speak about pogba. Maybe zidane and PSG juve management as well. More news.
More clicks. More branding.
Contrary to what we think these guys have media people advising them in the background and know precisely what they doing. How do you think he became a global marketting giant? By thinking and making up answers there and then in front of journalists? Pffthh
It's something that is lightly to be a blight on his professional career, shouldn't be dressed up as positive PR for advertising...

You don't bite the main hand that feeds for some pennies on the side.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
It's something that is lightly to be a blight on his professional career, shouldn't be dressed up as positive PR for advertising...

You don't bite the main hand that feeds for some pennies on the side.
Well he is just protecting his brand by deflecting some blame and pressure away towards the club. Will also alert some potential suitors. In fact all he left to do now is tweet "this journalists are horrible, purposely misquoting me" and everything will be okay. But do you think he will do that? Of course not. He is pogba.
He would probably add #RMrocks at the end of it. That cnut.

mancan92

Well, anyone who still defends him is obviously his big fan, considering how blindly some of you still defend him. He is obviously doing this on purpose all the time and yet some of you still can't see it.

He is literally mentioning the club, no matter how you translate it he wants to make the club smaller than his international team and wants a reaction from the media. Considering that he is far smarter than some of you think he is, it's quite obvious that he is doing to get the reaction.
Not really he said "a club" not "the club" a general statement compared to a specific one changes the whole context of what is being said.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Not this again, we have so many French experts here today :l
Experts? It's basic French. I have no love for Pogba but there's enough sticks to beat him with without listening to journos who like to attack any chance they get, even if it means twisting a story. Haven't you learnt that yet? Or do you hang on their every word?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Even just talking about it being a "breath of fresh air playing for France" implies that it's not so much the case playing at United.
Again, how could it possibly be a breath of fresh air to play at a club struggling? Also, you didn't answer where exactly he blamed the club like you alluded to in your previous post. I'll save you some time, he never did.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Even just talking about it being a "breath of fresh air playing for France" implies that it's not so much the case playing at United.
Maybe next time when your colleague told you he is enjoying his away trip overseas and felt its breath of fresh air, you can told him to feck off, because he obviously implies he does not feel the same here, and he is unprofessional and causing drama for saying that.

meamth

I agree with everything you say but if he knew all this will factor into his play, I would probably blame Ole for not seeing it in training. In spite of all that I personally think Pogba can handle simple passes which he hasn't and I think it's more of a form issue and pre season is a huge factor for that. I wonder Bruno is able to cope without pre season over everybody else. He's had just 1 very very bad game since joining us and that was against Istanbul. He's been just brilliant but Pogba has never been that good for 4 years which calls for concern.
Seriously how can you gain match sharpness if you don't play him?

Form is like that, you have to give players minutes. Doesn't matter what level of player you are, you have to put minutes to perform better.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

That's being very narrow-minded IMHO. I've always put Utd ahead of him but it doesn't mean I'm gonna be a mindless drone everytime a subject concerning him pops up. I've said what I could say about it, adding to it will be going around in circles.

kouroux

Not this again, we have so many French experts here today :lol:

Well if it's what you'd think about that then I'll respect your opinion.

But I don't think my opinion or interpretation is wrong. He'd just say "C'est pareil, mais c'est différent qu'en club" if he actually mean what you think.
I will admit that my initial stance regarding what you said was a bit strong and I can apologize without problem. I cannot say that you are certaintly wrong just that I understood it differently (and I feel confident about it ;) ). The issue when discussing Pogba matters with Utd fans (not you here) is that it's all black and white.

kouroux

Hope this isn't true. Without fans, footballers are just a bunch of guys kicking a ball around for free.
Yes but the reality is that many of them play the sport because they had the talent and opportunity for it, they don't have the same level of passion fans do. For them, fans are white noise, they handle them with P.R and that's it

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Well yes, until he learns to ignore the press and get on with his job
Meanwhile, getting on with his job is in part talking to the press. Let's find one person who actually deals with him on a daily basis make the suggestion he's not doing exactly just that.

Strelok

I will admit that my initial stance regarding what you said was a bit strong and I can apologize without problem. I cannot say that you are certaintly wrong just that I understood it differently (and I feel confident about it ;) ). The issue when discussing Pogba matters with Utd fans (not you here) is that it's all black and white.
No problem at all, it's totally fine to have a bit strong opinion sometime I think.

Experts? It's basic French. I have no love for Pogba but there's enough sticks to beat him with without listening to journos who like to attack any chance they get, even if it means twisting a story. Haven't you learnt that yet? Or do you hang on their every word?
Basic French: en is not un. I'm a bit tired with those experts tbh.

AshRK

4 plus years is a long time for someone to prove his worth. He has been a hit and miss since day one for us. One thing he is best at is showboating. I was watching De bruyne yesterday against England and that's what you call a worldclass performance or a worldclass player. Pogba doesn't know how to keep it simple and it seems most times he keeps his brain in the locker room before coming to play. For his own betterment he should leave next season.

izzydiggler

The only area where Pogba consistently demonstrates being and 'elite, world class sports star' is generating attention and column inches off of the pitch - it's so tedious, especially after the 'performances' he's been giving us recently. I don't think I've ever seen a player have so much hype and attention from giving so little. I mean I'd be embarrassed by it but...

The thing is, these latest comments could be completely harmless but you can set your watch for Pogba's international break comments...he's either ludicrously naive/thick and falls for the media game every time or (what's more likely IMO), he just loves the circus and attention. Either way, the way he's played for us during his 4+ years does absolutely nothing for us to tolerate it.

Get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.