Paul Pogba | Back in full training

Lynty

We are idiots of the highest order if we let him play another game.

Let Fernandes play with and get used to players who will be here next season. Why let Pogba swan in for a month or two just to get fitness for the Euros before he finally pisses off to Madrid?
Fernandes and Pogba on the pitch at the same time could possibly get us top 4. Swallow your pride.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The hate in here is insane. We need to get into top 4, that's our top priority, and with Pogba back our chances will only be higher.

Esquire

Fernandes and Pogba on the pitch at the same time could possibly get us top 4. Swallow your pride.
Yep. Let’s mutually benefit and then he can feck off. Let’s not pretend it’s anything other than an amicable divorce at this point.

Snafu17

The fact that he managed to get two separate long term injuries in the same season is actually kind of impressive.

Lynty

That sounds like a recipe for teams to stroll through our midfield.
It would literally be the formation we set out to play at the start of the season, with Fernandes in place of Lingard, and a defence that's finally stabilized.

Judas

Open to offers

Let Fernandes play with and get used to players who will be here next season. Why let Pogba swan in for a month or two just to get fitness for the Euros before he finally pisses off to Madrid?
Would be idiotic to not play him if he can help us get into the CL, he's gone in the summer, might as well get some use out of him before then. We're not spoilt for quality, no matter how good Bruno has looked since coming in, Pogba can still play a part.

Raven

Because he's our best player and we'd like to win the FA cup and Europa League as well as get top 4? Not a very difficult question when you think about it for longer than a couple of seconds.

romufc

More if we make it blindingly obvious we don'twant him then teams will offer less knowing we have no interest in keeping him.
Tbh he can come back and prove me all wrong, you never know. Alot has changed since he last played.

If Pogba comes back and gets into the team and we start playing good football and get CL, you just never know.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The hate in here is insane. We need to get into top 4, that's our top priority, and with Pogba back our chances will only be higher.
But not unusual for this place. Seems some are quite happy to let their hate of a player take precedence over the good of the team

Falcow

Yep. Let’s mutually benefit and then he can feck off. Let’s not pretend it’s anything other than an amicable divorce at this point.
This. If he wants to leave, that's fine provided the club is adequately compensated. If he can help us to top 4 etc in the meantime then great.

We would have been better off letting him go in the summer and getting Bruno in back then. We have paid him about 10m quid since with no return since last season finished. Where would we be now if we had Bruno since the summer, in 4th place at least.

But he is still here for the time being so let's utilise him as best we can till he departs.

SER19

Can't wait to see him shoehorned in and ambling around.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
So no chance he plays against City?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
No chance. Won’t be training with the team until next week and the game is on this Sunday
That's a shame.

I was literally reading rumours this morning originating from France which stated he aims to be back for City.

Thiagoal

It’s a really big decision for Pogba this summer! I can only really imagine Real Madrid, PSG or Juve realistically going for him. Real seem to have major problems at the moment trying to bed in players with huge potential while being stacked with highly overpaid players that are at the end of their careers! They are only doing ok in La Liga due to the very average Barcelona competition while I can’t see them doing anything in European competitions for the foreseeable future!

Juve are already stacked with midfielders on huge contracts and most of their better players are now way past their peak!

PSG seem to be in turmoil and I can’t see him wanting to play In such a poor league!

United- fingers crossed- by contrast, appear to be on the up! And IF we can bag Sancho plus a world class forward I’d suggest we could be more attractive than the other clubs mentioned! What he won’t want to do is force a move only to see United start picking up and challenging for major honours again

hobbers

I'll be amazed if he does play for us again. But if he's fit we have to at least give him a chance for the sake of our own aspirations. Getting top four will make recruitment a whole lot easier in the summer, whoever is manager.

If he isn't motivated to restore some of that brand image before the end of the season he's going to end up with a really shit summer, waiting for Real to make a bid that will probably never come, especially if Zidane goes. Be like De Gea and that infamous transfer saga.

nikineil

Pretty much this. We can't let it be this ego battle and ruin our top 4 aspirations. Given his terrible injury record this season, I doubt we're going to get a ton of money for him. So its a very real possibility, Raoila aside, that we might have him next season as well. I'd say integrate the two of them, secure top 4 hopefully and make a call in the summer.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That sounds like a recipe for teams to stroll through our midfield.
Bruno Fernandes is a very hard working player who can play a normal midfield role perfectly fine. Just because he's class in attack doesn't mean he ignores his defensive responsibility! Besides, we started the season with Pogba next to McTominay, and Lingard/Pereira in front. This is now Bruno in front, and if we keep Fred there then also toss Pogba as part of the front 4.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
They are both only really effective in the same position. We've played Pogba further back a lot but he rarely doesn't play shite as a defensive or sitting midfielder.

I would play him if Fernandes was out or if he was exceptional in training or a cup game playing behind Fernandes. Don't see any point forcing him into a peg he doesn't fit in when actually our other midfielders are playing quite well and he's off in the summer anyway.

Amerifan

Few players return from long term injuries the same player they were before the injury. Will be interesting to see how completely he recovers from two long term injuries. My guess, he will be more conservative and less effective.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Bruno Fernandes is a very hard working player who can play a normal midfield role perfectly fine. Just because he's class in attack doesn't mean he ignores his defensive responsibility! Besides, we started the season with Pogba next to McTominay, and Lingard/Pereira in front. This is now Bruno in front, and if we keep Fred there then also toss Pogba as part of the front 4.
I think Fernandes's goal threat means you have to play him further forwards. Especially with Rashford missing and us not having a proper striker.

We started the season with Pogba further back but we were also completely rubbish at the time. I think we should have been playing him where Fernandes is playing now at the time. In spite of all the nonsense with him there's not a chance in hell he'd be less effective there than Lingard or Pereira.

Now we've got Fred and Mctominay playing well and Fernandes I don't really think midfield is the biggest problem. Unless one gets injured then that might change.

Inigo Montoya

Few players return from long term injuries the same player they were before the injury. Will be interesting to see how completely he recovers from two long term injuries. My guess, he will be more conservative and less effective.
Depends if those injuries affect his running.

Shearer and Gullit both had injury after injury which affected their style. He could break down again and then who knows. The rehab these days is far in advance of what it was even a couple of years ago

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
But not unusual for this place. Seems some are quite happy to let their hate of a player take precedence over the good of the team
Exactly, it's crazy IMHO. Besides him coming back to fitness and helping us works for the club in case they wanna sell him in the summer, this could only make him more attractive to possible suitors and also get him in shape for the Euros.
Benching him and selling him is a lose-lose situation

Shearer and Gullit both had injury after injury which affected their style. He could break down again and then who knows. The rehab these days is far in advance of what it was even a couple of years ago
And yet I wonder if these freak injuries (breaks, ACLs etc etc..) don't happen more often than before. Pure speculation on my part obviously but I would to read about a study about how serious injuries (or even niggling) have evolved in the past 20 years

Inigo Montoya

Exactly, it's crazy IMHO. Besides him coming back to fitness and helping us works for the club in case they wanna sell him in the summer, this could only make him more attractive to possible suitors and also get him in shape for the Euros.
Benching him and selling him is a lose-lose situation

And yet I wonder if these freak injuries (breaks, ACLs etc etc..) don't happen more often than before. Pure speculation on my part obviously but I would to read about a study about how serious injuries (or even niggling) have evolved in the past 20 years
The recovery from ACL now is far better than before from the research I’ve read.

As for breaks/fractures I think it depends on the severity of the ligament and tendon damage associated with the initial break.

Must admit I haven’t seen many really bad breaks. What did Andre Gomes suffer? I know it was ankle but don’t know what other damage was caused. He looked ok against us but slow

Andersonson

If he plans to feck off in the summer there is no need to play him.
Let him get fit while playing and training with the reserves. Our players seems to be in a good mood and are working hard. There is no need to get a player who potentialy dont want to be there risk that.

Fine player on his day, but way overrated and the money will be spend on somebody else.

Amerifan

You’re right about the physical aspects of the injury. I was thinking about the mental. Most players I’ve watched seem less willing to take chances and risk another season ending injury. Of course, there are the Phil Jones type who spend their careers on the bench. Will be I interesting to see how Pogba handles this setback.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The recovery from ACL now is far better than before from the research I’ve read.

As for breaks/fractures I think it depends on the severity of the ligament and tendon damage associated with the initial break.

Must admit I haven’t seen many really bad breaks. What did Andre Gomes suffer? I know it was ankle but don’t know what other damage was caused. He looked ok against us but slow
I was on more about the frequency rather than the severity and the recovery from them. However pure speculation like I said.

Withnail

Because he's our best player and we'd like to win the FA cup and Europa League as well as get top 4? Not a very difficult question when you think about it for longer than a couple of seconds.
No you're wrong we should definitely cut off out nose to spite our face :wenger:

Krisbijoy

If he plans to feck off in the summer there is no need to play him.
How's that going to help us with our negotiating position if we did that ? Also , an uniterested Pogba can still produce a moment of magic that could be the difference in a game. Unfortunately , we aren't really spoilt for options like that in our current squad barring Fernandes now.