Paul Pogba | Back in full training

Snafu17

Bit weird people are getting wound up about this despite him literally putting a disclaimer in the post.

It's a bit like how tide pods have a disclaimer that they're not made for human consumption yet at one point some still chose to eat them.

RUCK4444

I mean in what childish world do people think wearing a t shirt means anything.

This isn’t feckin junior school. Although posters on here make it seem like one.

He’s just showing support for Italy, they have been battered by this virus and Dybala.

FFS. For fans who don’t want him to stay you all seem pretty feckin butthurt every time he upsets you.

Ya’ll Like some weak boyfriend who is watching the love of his life flirt with guys at the bar, pretending you don’t care but your dying inside :lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I mean in what childish world do people think wearing a t shirt means anything.

This isn’t feckin junior school. Although posters on here make it seem like one.

He’s just showing support for Italy, they have been battered by this virus and Dybala.

FFS. For fans who don’t want him to stay you all seem pretty feckin butthurt every time he upsets you.

Ya’ll Like some weak boyfriend who is watching the love of his life flirt with guys at the bar, pretending you don’t care but your dying inside :lol:
Just because you don’t express complete apathy doesn’t mean you’re frothing at the mouth. It’s a weird recurring theme on this forum that people seem to think you’re wound up by something if you express even the slightest bit of disagreement with it.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Training in France Matuidi shirt wouldn't get him half of the clicks he got.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
This. 100%

He didn't have to show his support by training in Juve shirt. And it's not "support for Italy". Most of Italy (who are not Juve fans) fecking hate Juve. Add to this the context of him allowing his agent to constantly show disrespect for United, and Pogba himself saying repeatedly that he wants to leave and you get an idea this was not as innocent as it could have been coming from somebody else.

Pogba is a provocateur and he knows exactly what he is doing. Not a fan of his behavior.

DCP

And no one is discussing Lindelof in a Sampadoria shirt?

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
He's posted a vid on istagram with Lindelof and himself training in doors... He's also wearing a no14 juve top in honoir of Matuidi who testwd positive for covid19, wait for souness to chat about it :lol:
That's not training. It's his new penalty run up..

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
This. 100%

He didn't have to show his support by training in Juve shirt. And it's not "support for Italy". Most of Italy (who are not Juve fans) fecking hate Juve. Add to this the context of him allowing his agent to constantly show disrespect for United, and Pogba himself saying repeatedly that he wants to leave and you get an idea this was not as innocent as it could have been coming from somebody else.

Pogba is a provocateur and he knows exactly what he is doing. Not a fan of his behavior.
Any comment on Victor Lindelöf in a Sampdoria shirt?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Do you think you are showing superior maturity by being angered by this?
I wasn't aware I was angered by it.

Not being able to make a kind gesture without having to throw some attention seeking and poor judgement in is the behaviour of a moody teenager. Not a grown adult man. Pointing this out does not make me angry.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yea but Matuidi only has two shirts. He plays for Juventus, hence he has a Juventus shirt. For all you know Pogba may not even happen to just have a fecking France shirt with Matuidi’s name lying around the house. If he didn’t, should he go out and get one printed before he did a post, or just be a grown up and wear the Juventus one because he’s old enough to know that wearing a Juve shirt doesn’t mean he’s desperate to sign for them?

All this ‘he knew what he’s doing’ stuff. I hate the overuse of this word on this forum but, I think it’s embarrassing for grown men to still have some sort of playground mentality of reading for ulterior meanings from someone wearing a football shirt. I said the same when Rojo was spotted wearing a Milan one I think it was. The fact it’s even a conversation is embarrassing in itself. Are we school children?

And maybe he even wore the Juve one instead of the France one because he thought it was more relevant now. He did used to play for them, and live in Turin. But he’s supposed to show his respect in a ‘Manchester United way’ or something? He’s an adult, he probably trusted the maturity of everyone else to not make it a big deal. Not everything has to be a conversation about his evil ‘agent and brothers’, not everything is that deep. It’s a shirt.And the context was made very clear.

Walters_19_MuFc

Why are people so upset about it? Lindelof was also wearing the shirt of another football club. Also, didn't Rojo get pictured with a Barca shirt on? They've made it clear what it was for. Nothing to see here! Saying that, it is Pogba.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I wasn't aware I was angered by it.

Not being able to make a kind gesture without having to throw some attention seeking and poor judgement in is the behaviour of a moody teenager. Not a grown adult man. Pointing this out does not make me angry.
Inability to see any alternative narrative beyond ‘attention seeking’ is immature. All this conversation shows an unnecessary emotional reaction, be it anger, irritation or whatever from something highly trivial. You think it’s attention seeking because you think Pogba is an attention seeker, I imagine. There are not a whole host of possible Matuidi shirts. He only plays for one club. He COULD have worn a France shirt (if he has one with his name on it), and he also COULD have worn a Juventus one without adult men deciphering the most elementary of sub-plots.

Have you completely ruled out the possibility entirely that he simply wore the shirt because it’s Matuidi’s shirt?

Odin

This. 100%

Doing it together with Lindelöf (in his Sampdoria-shirt) somehow makes me think people in Italy may see it as some sort of statement of sympathy. On the issue of disrespect: Respect breeds respect, loyalty breeds loyalty, shit breeds ... If all you're ever called is "virus" you may very well end up as one. I think Paul Pogba has received enough stick from so-called fans and the once-in-favour manager Mourinho. Maybe he has reason to consider whether the club is on his side? It seems the man management in the club hasn't been at an all-time high in the past few years, at least not if die-hard fans such as Patrice Evra is to be trusted. A new approach seems to have been embraced at the club since OGS came in, but I guess it takes time before real trust is re-established between players and management, especially regarding staff who were also at the club under Mourinho's tenure.

Paul Pogba is a gifted footballer, active on social media, seems to enjoy (some) of the attention he is getting, and he has a sense of humour. That's a few of the reasons he is such a valuable asset. You may like or dislike his behaviour, but he is a definite star of the game. I myself prefer players with the attitudes of Fred, Bruno or McTominay. None of those three come even close to doing the marketing job for football that Paul Pogba is doing. Let's hope he gets back to producing memorable moments on the football pitch and contributes to the second treble for Manchester United in the near future.

James Ward

I still don't understand how people defend Pogba and his agents antics. He knew this post would cause a stir and that was the point of it.

I guarantee you anything said by his agent is going through Pogba first.

He is a wind up merchant who wants to leave and i am not going to flatter his ego. Wearing a shirt of a team he is linked with to move back to.

People saying why not say something about Victor? He is not trying to force his way out of the club.

On your bike Pogba and good luck.

RUCK4444

Just because you don’t express complete apathy doesn’t mean you’re frothing at the mouth. It’s a weird recurring theme on this forum that people seem to think you’re wound up by something if you express even the slightest bit of disagreement with it.
Your a grown man (I presume) talking negatively about what another grown man is wearing on an internet forum.

Put the news on, have a listen to the absolute state of the world currently and let that sink in.

2 man midfield

Your a grown man (I presume) talking negatively about what another grown man is wearing on an internet forum.

Put the news on, have a listen to the absolute state of the world currently and let that sink in.
I don't know about you, but I can handle more than one topic at once.

Cliche Guevara

For clarity, what should we be doing?

I have a full Hazmat suit on, I am lighting candles and praying for the sick, and I’ve emptied my local supermarket of all the bog rolls.

Am I on the right track in regards to suitable behaviour at this current time?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I still don't understand how people defend Pogba and his agents antics. He knew this post would cause a stir and that was the point of it.

I guarantee you anything said by his agent is going through Pogba first.

He is a wind up merchant who wants to leave and i am not going to flatter his ego. Wearing a shirt of a team he is linked with to move back to.

People saying why not say something about Victor? He is not trying to force his way out of the club.

On your bike Pogba and good luck.
Actually it wasn’t. In fact, the point could not have been made any clearer. You sound like a fecking wrestling fan.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
This. 100%

What the hell are you talking about? Did you even bother to read what he wrote? The fact that he had to explain shows how ridiculous the hate levels have gone to.

He can wear whatever he wants to. People like you need to get a life and stop obsessing over Pogba.

Gasolin

Pogba addressed the concern in his post, so I guess that's just it. I don't think we want to over think that stuff. It doesn't matter at the end of the day. What we need is Ole and Pogba to get along and work for a common goal for United. If that happens, everything else doesn't matter.

It's a number 14 jersey at Juventus, and Lindelof is wearing the Sampdoria 6. Who cares. On that one, I don't want to care.

James Ward

Actually it wasn’t. In fact, the point could not have been made any clearer. You sound like a fecking wrestling fan.
He is wearing the jersey of a club he has heavily been linked back with. He could have just posting a video of himself wishing the Juventus player well.

He also put in smilies etc. explaining how he knows this is going to wind people up as he loves controversy.

Don't know how United fans still defend him but each to their own. He wants to leave the club, didn't speak up against his agent all season, hasn't cleared up the matter of leaving all season.

If we force him to stay he is going to put in half arsed performances and be sulking as that's the type of person he is.

Sick of him and his agents crap. Should as him and Jesse are gone the better.

2 man midfield

For clarity, what should we be doing?

I have a full Hazmat suit on, I am lighting candles and praying for the sick, and I’ve emptied my local supermarket of all the bog rolls.

Am I on the right track in regards to suitable behaviour at this current time?
Definitely not. You're supposed to sit there and think of nothing else until all this is over.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Why am I not surprised there'd be some butt-hurt fans on here that would take this as another one of his 'agendas' they love spouting about. Bunch of insecure children with no perspective on what actually matters in life.

2 man midfield

The world is dying and you’re wasting precious time on an Internet forum writing sarcastic comments. Try finding a cure for this virus instead.
I can do better than that. Where's my Juventus shirt?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Why isn't Pogba opening up his hotel for NHS workers?

I bet some of you'll defend him and say "he doesn't have a hotel".

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
If your little social media stunt is so obviously shit-stirring that you have to write a disclaimer... why exactly do you need to post it?

I can only imagine the scenes if all this shite had been a thing in the days of Beckham/Ferguson etc :D

TheLittleOne

Maybe because Pogba gets linked with Juve while Lindelöf surely isnt keen to join Sampdoria? But yeah of course its just blind hate against poor Pogba....he knows exactly what he's doing and how people will react. That said I couldnt care less hope he's off. fecking circus. If he earns 300k a week it takes 3 fecking minutes, if he actually is doing something or not, to earn enough to buy a french shirt. If I was him and love United I would surely do that to show my support but nope he loves the drama no question.

Last edited:

James Ward

Why am I not surprised there'd be some butt-hurt fans on here that would take this as another one of his 'agendas' they love spouting about. Bunch of insecure children with no perspective on what actually matters in life.
His agendas? Sooner him and Jesse are out of the club the better.

He knew this would cause controversy as he is heavily linked back to Juventus. There is a million other ways he could of showing support for Matuidi.

Didn't even have the balls to speak about what his agent was saying about Ole or to sack his agent.

He'll be gone in the Summer and good riddance. He's 27 going on 14 just like Jesse.

Kappa123

Pogba defenders are the ones getting wound up. We're just pointing out his attention-seeking behaviour, not getting upset. He has a long history of antics like this.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I’m not sure anyone is actually bothered by it. It’s just a daft thing to do, and obviously done with the intention of winding the media and people up with regards to the latest Juve links. It does nothing but fan the flames of the circus around him when one might expect him to be concentrating on getting his place back.

Regardless of whether anyone actually cares, I’m not sure how some can’t see that it’s not that great a move to wear the shirt of the team you have fresh links with.

GiddyUp

This. 100%

Of course he knows what he's doing, the disclaimer in the tweet makes it obvious. A player wearing another clubs shirt in club footy, regardless of context, is always weird. In the midst of everything that is happening it's not a big deal. But him chosing to do this after all the bullshit surrounding him just confirms his fat ego and sometimes terrible judgment. Can't wait until him and Lingard are out of this club. It seems Manchester United barely scrapes their top five priorities sometimes.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Pogba defenders are the ones getting wound up. We're just pointing out his attention-seeking behaviour, not getting upset. He has a long history of antics like this.
Alright.

Can you give me 3 examples of antics like this?

I'm saying 3 because during the time he said the time might be good for a new challenge in July 2019, and this IG post with a perfeclty reasonable explanation, Pogba himself has said exactly 0 negative about anything.

TheLittleOne

Alright.

Can you give me 3 examples of antics like this?

I'm saying 3 because during the time he said the time might be good for a new challenge in July 2019, and this IG post with a perfeclty reasonable explanation, Pogba himself has said exactly 0 negative about anything.
Can you give 3 examples why hes worth all that drama and shitton of money we throw at him? And yes his negative brother and agent is 100% on him if you dont get that you're very naive. Let other dudes do the dirty work doesn't make him clean. But I can see it's actually working.

Last edited:

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Nothing wrong with it. Paul played there for 4 years he's showing his support to Italy, his ex club and teammate. Stop overreacting.