Paul Pogba | Manchester United player

How do you feel about the signing of Paul Pogba?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
This won't feel real until he's subbed off for Jesse Lingard.

NinjaFletch

Video up anywhere I don't have to login?

Edit: NVM someone posted it above - well, the thirty seconds of it on twitter.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Been said a million times, but the messages he’s written to Juve filling up all his media channels are impressive. Humble and grateful, what a young man.

Bogga

When looking at this interview I get the Evra-feeling. Genuine and honest... really lovable character. Some players say stuff and you know it's what they have to say... media trained. But I get the feeling he means every word...

I was thinking of getting #7 and Best on the back of the new shirt. But after watching this I might have changed my mind!

Welcome home Paul :drool:

hobbers

Juventuz when they found out they paid the Raiola fee and essentially spent more on Higuain than they will get for Pogba.. :lol:

Pogba's goodbye message to Juventus: My deepest respect to the clubs who considered having me. Gracias, merci!

Ahem, Real Madrid and PSG?

Also, props to Evra because I bet he had a small part to play in this.

Last edited:

sully1

Thank You Glazers

Genuinely mean it, thank you for not giving up on us when we finished 7th, or after the DI Maria disaster, and after last seasons it feels like they alongside woodward have pulled the club from the brink, especially as City are about to go up a level and become part of the elite 5 clubs in Europe.

Thank you Glazer family

CM

:smirk:

This still feels so surreal, what a massive signing.

JB7

Also, Pogba's goodbye message to Juventus: My deepest respect to the clubs who considered having me. Gracias, merci!

Ahem, Real Madrid and PSG?
Glad I wasn't the only one to think this when I read it!

Pogba statement

Gasolin

Paul's statement

To all supporters who wrote on my pages about transfer rumours, I have read you all and thank you for the passionate messages. My apologies for not responding before, by law I could not talk.

This transfer took so long because it was a huge decision and involved lots of thinking and work. The wait was as annoying to me as it was to you.

It is difficult to explain so much in a few lines but I made a decision guided by my heart and nothing else.

Juventus will always be a part of me and I will always miss, love and be grateful to the club, the team and especially the supporters. I hope you can respect my decision. The most beautiful part of friendship is to understand and be understood.

My deepest respect to the clubs who considered having me. Gracias, merci!
Mi más profundo respeto para todos los clubs que han valorado ficharme. Gracias, merci!

Leaving Manchester when I was 18 was a mutual decision between the club and me and the right thing to do at that moment. Now it's time to go back and forward, Old Trafford here I come!

So his heart is United... that's huge!

carlosp

Paul's statement

To all supporters who wrote on my pages about transfer rumours, I have read you all and thank you for the passionate messages. My apologies for not responding before, by law I could not talk.

This transfer took so long because it was a huge decision and involved lots of thinking and work. The wait was as annoying to me as it was to you.

It is difficult to explain so much in a few lines but I made a decision guided by my heart and nothing else.

Juventus will always be a part of me and I will always miss, love and be grateful to the club, the team and especially the supporters. I hope you can respect my decision. The most beautiful part of friendship is to understand and be understood.

Mi más profundo respeto para todos los clubs que han valorado ficharme. Gracias, merci!

Leaving Manchester when I was 18 was a mutual decision between the club and me and the right thing to do at that moment. Now it's time to go back and forward, Old Trafford here I come!

NinjaFletch

Paul's statement

Am I reading too much into the fact he's written a sentence in Spanish? Imagine if he just out right snubbed Madrid :lol:

Walters_19_MuFc

I'm glad I was up to witness history being made, and my favourite player outside United coming back home. Love it.

#Pogback

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Hopefully pogba stays post 5 years. hope he becomes a club legend!

carlosp

http://www.football-italia.net/88964/pogba-thank-you-juventus

Pogba: 'Thank you Juventus'

Paul Pogba thanked Juventus, but explained Manchester United is “the right club for me to achieve everything I hope to in the game.”

The 23-year-old midfielder completed his transfer after midnight on Monday for a reported €110m plus bonuses, though with agent Mino Raiola’s commission included it will be in the region of €140m.

“I am delighted to rejoin United,” Pogba told the official Manchester United club website.

“It has always been a club with a special place in my heart and I am really looking forward to working with Jose Mourinho.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Juventus and have some fantastic memories of a great club with players that I count as friends.

“But I feel the time is right to go back to Old Trafford. I always enjoyed playing in front of the fans and can’t wait to make my contribution to the team. This is the right club for me to achieve everything I hope to in the game.”

It is a return to Old Trafford, as Pogba left for just a development fee of around €800,000 in the summer of 2012, becoming a star at Juventus.

“Good morning to everyone, fans and all of Juve,” said Pogba on another video on social media.

“It is a moment of sadness, I have to say, because I am going to another team. I am ending an adventure that started very well and I am very happy because of that.

“I’ve grown a lot and learned so much from Juve and you Juve fans. It is a book that closes and another that opens elsewhere, but I want to thank Juventus, all the players, staff and fans who believed in me and you will always be in my heart. Thank you again, thank you everyone.”

He scored 28 goals in 124 appearances for the Bianconeri over four seasons, but leaves a club building a squad for the Champions League in order to join a side that will only compete in the Europa League this term.

Former Inter Coach Mourinho also commented on the transfer for the Manchester United site.

“Paul is one of the best players in the world and will be a key part of the United team I want to build here for the future. He is quick, strong, scores goals and reads the game better than many players much older than he is.

“At 23, he has the chance to make that position his own here over many years. He is young and will continue to improve; he has the chance to be at the heart of this club for the next decade and beyond.”

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
All the Europa League responses to his tweets :lol:

BLEEP EM ALL!!! Salty Real, Salty Manchity, Salty Barcode, Salty Liverhampton and most of all Salty Ars Juve.

Even if it doesn't work out the salty they all feel today, and knowing that Manchester United will continue to make gobs of money so they can possibly spend a lot of money next year on a player who might not work out either...it's ALL FRICKEN LOVELY.

Bring IT.

OldTrevil

I always maintained that all the BS about him preferring Real was just that. I can't wait to watch him play for United again :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.