Paul Pogba | Manchester United player

How do you feel about the signing of Paul Pogba?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Carragher made an interesting point on how rooney and pogba will work, rooney was positioned no10 but he kept coming deeper, if rooney keeps coming deep to get the ball with the holding midfielder, it could work where rooney goes deep Pogba drives forward and they keep taking it in turns. So in the bread and butter games, there could be allot of power in how we attack teams, so we will see
That's not an interesting point at all, it's an excuse for Rooney. Positionally and theoretically Rooney might be able to do this but what's the benefit in it? He doesn't do anything of any use that far away from goal so we would be better off playing Herrera or Schneiderlin as an 8 than Rooney in that role.

Bench him. It is literally the only answer.

Oneunited26

That's not an interesting point at all, it's an excuse for Rooney. Positionally and theoretically Rooney might be able to do this but what's the benefit in it? He doesn't do anything of any use that far away from goal so we would be better off playing Herrera or Schneiderlin as an 8 than Rooney in that role.

Bench him. It is literally the only answer.
I think it is, if rooney is dropping deeper, and pogba is going forward we going to score goals and pogba has the freedom, especially if players are dropping deep they covering Pogba's ability to drive forward. We don't know how they going to play out, Mourinho wants goals in the team, if Mourinho can get the best out of pogba, rooney, zlaten martial and mata, with valencia and shaw bombing on we going to win games at ease, and I think it could happen. Only way for rooney to succeed is to score goals, and oh yes he did score lets see how it plays out. We not going to get rid of rooney, and we need everyone to pull their weight, if rooney is chipping in with goals the better for united this season

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think it is, if rooney is dropping deeper, and pogba is going forward we going to score goals and pogba has the freedom, especially if players are dropping deep they covering Pogba's ability to drive forward. We don't know how they going to play out, Mourinho wants goals in the team, if Mourinho can get the best out of pogba, rooney, zlaten martial and mata, with valencia and shaw bombing on we going to win games at ease, and I think it could happen. Only way for rooney to succeed is to score goals, and oh yes he did score lets see how it plays out. We not going to get rid of rooney, and we need everyone to pull their weight, if rooney is chipping in with goals the better for united this season
You're completely missing the point. Why would the team benefit from Rooney dropping deeper? What does Rooney do that benefits the team when he is positioned deep?

You're literally saying "he can drop deep so Pogba can occupy the final third" but ignoring the fact that a player that drops deep then has their own duties - duties Rooney is very poor at.

It's just more bullshit from an England alumni and fellow scouser trying to make a case for him. If we need to play a player that can handle the balance of midfield then the job should fall to Herrera before it falls to Rooney.

Oneunited26

You're completely missing the point. Why would the team benefit from Rooney dropping deeper? What does Rooney do that benefits the team when he is positioned deep?

You're literally saying "he can drop deep so Pogba can occupy the final third" but ignoring the fact that a player that drops deep then has their own duties - duties Rooney is very poor at.

It's just more bullshit from an England alumni and fellow scouser trying to make a case for him. If we need to play a player that can handle the balance of midfield then the job should fall to Herrera before it falls to Rooney.
Why would the team benefit if rooney dropped deeper? its fluency, if players are changing positions it makes teams think twice where players are going to pop up, pogba could be in CM, rooney is in the no10 getting in the box, pogba could be getting forward rooney covers pogba's in CM, the ability to get forward, carragher is right players do drop deeper has they get older. I watched the match and both zlaten and rooney were getting deeper, but if they're popping in the box it works out anyway. Players don't have to be ridged and play in one position, think Mourinho will have Pogba get forward especially at home, and with runners off the ball in pogba, martial valencia and shaw, think there is plenty of balance of both rooney and pogba if both are allowed to get forward which mourinho will allow

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
can't decide if he'll start or come on as a sub on friday. what does everyone think?

Id prefer he comes on as a sub, just to hear the reaction from the crowd.

Bosws87

can't decide if he'll start or come on as a sub on friday. what does everyone think?

Id prefer he comes on as a sub, just to hear the reaction from the crowd.
He will start we will want him integrated asap especially with the derby around the corner.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Why would the team benefit if rooney dropped deeper? its fluency, if players are changing positions it makes teams think twice where players are going to pop up, pogba could be in CM, rooney is in the no10 getting in the box, pogba could be getting forward rooney covers pogba's in CM, the ability to get forward, carragher is right players do drop deeper has they get older. I watched the match and both zlaten and rooney were getting deeper, but if they're popping in the box it works out anyway. Players don't have to be ridged and play in one position, think Mourinho will have Pogba get forward especially at home, and with runners off the ball in pogba, martial valencia and shaw, think there is plenty of balance of both rooney and pogba if both are allowed to get forward which mourinho will allow
But what Rooney brings in that animation?

For example, Herrera and Fellaini did well in midfield, so why not keep that pairing and put Pogba instead of Rooney? You use the same fluency but in that case all the players start in roles where they are actually competent.

Oneunited26

But what Rooney brings in that animation?

For example, Herrera and Fellaini did well in midfield, so why not keep that pairing and put Pogba instead of Rooney? You use the same fluency but in that case all the players start in roles where they are actually competent.
Like I say, he wants everyone chipping in with goals, which I do think mourinho needs everyone on board. I think at home in the lesser games could work, rooney scored lets not forget so what Mourinho wants is what mourinho wants, his forwards on the scoresheet

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Carragher made an interesting point on how rooney and pogba will work, rooney was positioned no10 but he kept coming deeper, if rooney keeps coming deep to get the ball with the holding midfielder, it could work where rooney goes deep Pogba drives forward and they keep taking it in turns. So in the bread and butter games, there could be allot of power in how we attack teams, so we will see
No it won't work, don't listen to Carragher and Neville butt kissing Rooney as all British media do by default.

Oneunited26

No it won't work, don't listen to Carragher and Neville butt kissing Rooney as all British media do by default.
Even though rooney had a good game considering we lost there last year and its the first game of the season, mourinho wants everyone chipping in with goals, more score the more the better. Zlaten scored, rooney scored, mata scored, and we have not even had pogba in the team yet

BlakeUtd

Can't believe the official site made a whole announcement about his new haircut...sheesh imagine what SAF would have said about that :lol:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Can't believe the official site made a whole announcement about his new haircut...sheesh imagine what SAF would have said about that :lol:
I’ve been enjoying the shameless amount of marketing United and Adidas have put together regarding Pogba, but I find this pretty cringeworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.