g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Paul Pogba: My attitude wasn't right

Member 90887

People always blaming the system and so on.

For a supposed world class player, he sure as feck doesn't have a lot of them world class performances.

Our football is shit, we can all agree on that but I can cite a lot of players that were playing in a shitty team and managed to shine because of their talent. When you have class, it shows, it does not matter who you play for. Pogba played like if charlie adam tried to be more technical today. he lost the ball so many times, he couldn't fecking make simple passes.

The players, as much as the manager, need to begin taking reponsability for the shit we're being served each week.

Morpheus 7

What do people want him to say. The attitude wasn't right with the team today. For those who bothered to watch the interview he was spot on.
Basically said if the quality isn't there, you make sure at the very minimum that the attitude is right. Pogba was rubbish today as was the entire team.
If you want to criticize his performance fine, go to that thread. The team need to be called out. What did people expect him to say, it was just an off day.
The entire team didn't turn up today, unacceptable. The team need to be called out.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Of course the attitude wasn’t right: the manager has no authority.

Now the players know the board doesn’t back Jose they know that they don’t need to respond to him. They can just go through the motions until he gets fired.

All the briefing around the transfer window has done for Mou. It signaled to the dressing room that the men upstairs were not backing the manager against the players, and that if Mou can’t get the likes of Martial and Shaw playing they’ll fire him and try and find someone who can.

If you’re disaffected by Mou you know you can just phone it in until he gets fired. That briefing has blown apart Mourinho’s control of the club.

Mou’s now entirely beholden to the players. He knows it, which is why he’s being so nice to them. They know it, which is why if they don’t wanna do it for him they don’t.

Rory 7

How are people still making excuses for Pogba? Two years in and we now have him saying he’s going into games with the wrong attitude. The guy is taking the absolute p*ss.

CA1

What an absolute clown.

Get him out of this great club.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Now the players know the board doesn’t back Jose they know that they don’t need to respond to him. They can just go through the motions until he gets fired.

All the briefing around the transfer window has done for Mou. It signaled to the dressing room that the men upstairs were not backing the manager against the players, and that if Mou can’t get the likes of Martial and Shaw playing they’ll fire him and try and find someone who can.

If you’re disaffected by Mou you know you can just phone it in until he gets fired. That briefing has blown apart Mourinho’s control of the club.

Mou’s now entirely beholden to the players. He knows it, which is why he’s being so nice to them. They know it, which is why if they don’t wanna do it for him they don’t.
That actually worried me, explaining that the manager and the board aren't on the same page is a recipe for disaster, not only the players don't know what their personal future will be but they also know that the man in charge is in precarious situation.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool

You make it sound as if the squad was just waiting for the signal that Mourinho is out of favor with the board to start their attempts to get him fired and stop responding to him. Why would the relationship be so toxic, to begin with anyway?

The Irish Connection

3rd or 4th is the best we can hope for this season.

If we could get around 150mill for Pogba I'd sell. Bring in a less gifted player but a more consistent one.

If things don't improve I think Mourinho will be gone by Christmas. I'm going to back him for the next few months in hope that it does improve but overall things look very dodgy at the club and it's depressing that it looks like another poor season ahead.

Josep Dowling

At any club where a player thinks he’s bigger than the manager there is a problem.

Maybe if Pogba had Ronaldo or Messi’s quality he could get away with it. However I don’t think we’d miss him that much. It’s one outstanding performance in 4 games, that’s his scope. His performance in the World Cup was massively overrated as well.

And coming out of comments like that just after the game. Appalling.

OldSchoolManc

He's like a trophy wife that you're miserable with.
:lol:
Yeah, she looks great when you’re not with her. But when you ask her to do something for you, she can’t be arsed and would rather just take your money.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
State of this thread.

The guy comes out with an honest interview, accepts responsibility for the performance, for Brighton wanting it more.

Criticise the performance, but don't make out that he's just walked in and said 'yeah my attitude isn't right'.

He's taking responsibility not absolving himself of it.

Rory 7

State of this thread.

The guy comes out with an honest interview, accepts responsibility for the performance, for Brighton wanting it more.

Criticise the performance, but don't make out that he's just walked in and said 'yeah my attitude isn't right'.

He's taking responsibility not absolving himself of it.
Very naive view of the world IMO. A professional footballer going into any game with the wrong attitude is unforgivable, admitting it to the press is criminal.

Walters_19_MuFc

That’s been part of the problem. The armband shouldn’t be reduced to some fashion plate. It supposed to denote the leader a player who would “bleed Manchester Red” and puts the club above anything else.

Does that sound like Paul Pogba to you? Nope.
What im trying to say is, you dont need an armband for that, though.

That said, who would you give to in our team. Who stepped up today and led when we needed it? No one!

el3mel

He has just proven over and over again he's the least player you can ever build a team around.

If you're going to build a team around a player, that player must be consistently performing with great numbers. Build a team around Ronaldo like Madrid did, you'll end up getting 40-50 goals a season for him. That's worth centering the whole attack around him.

Build a team around Pogba and you'll get this. A top class match followed by a crap one, and your team will follow with his inconsistent performance.

His ego needs to be dumped down a little bit. He has to accept himself as a team player and part of it rather than shite showing his skills and tricks in center of the field. Otherwise, good luck in Barca then when Messi will put you in his shadow.

Bestielob

Paul here's a radical idea. Why not make sure that your attitude is RIGHT. Not just versus Brighton, but at all times.
United have been a disaster from top to bottom for the past 5 years now.

UncleBob

Oh lord.

Rory 7

He has just proven over and over again he's the least player you can ever build a team around.

If you're going to build a team around a player, that player must be consistently performing with great numbers. Build a team around Ronaldo like Madrid did, you'll end up getting 40-50 goals a season for him. That's worth centering the whole attack around him.

Build a team around Pogba and you'll get this. A top class match followed by a crap one, and your team will follow with his inconsistent performance.

His ego needs to be dumped down a little bit. He has to accept himself as a team player and part of it rather than shite showing his skills and tricks in center of the field. Otherwise, good luck in Barca then when Messi will put you in his shadow.
Hard to disagree. The World Cup win and his ‘disciplined’ performances are a world away from the Pogba we see at United. I think that’s because he thinks he’s the ‘main man’ here, classic big time Charlie in a United shirt. It’s a shame.

RuudTom83

Modern footballers are so far removed from the real world...bunch of babies.

Keane would have sorted this crap out in training thats for sure.

Rory 7

The weird thing is his attitude was much more obviously bad at times last season. Today, at least, he didn’t stop trying. I think he’s being overly critical because of his role as captain.
He’s being overly criticised because he admitted he had a bad attitude. It’s amazing stuff from him in that interview. Basically saying his ‘head wasn’t right’. His head hasn’t been right so much through the last two years. Now he’s admitting it himself. It’s bizarre.

LonelyFire

Absolute bare minimum of any player representing Manchester United is 100% effort.

For the captain to come out and say the team and he himself didn’t have the right attitude isn’t “refreshingly honest” as some are saying. It’s an indictment of the modern day football player.

beergod

The weird thing is his attitude was much more obviously bad at times last season. Today, at least, he didn’t stop trying. I think he’s being overly critical because of his role as captain.
I hope it's because we've gone into yet another game against a bottom half side and gotten our pants pulled down after expecting to stroll around and score goals while putting in a few fancy flicks that get youtube highlights. It's getting annoying and predictable at this stage.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I hope it's because we've gone into yet another game against a bottom half side and gotten our pants pulled down after expecting to stroll around and score goals while putting in a few fancy flicks that get youtube highlights. It's getting annoying and predictable at this stage.
We’ve seen it all before. He’s an infuriating player to watch unless he’s 100% on top of his game. I don’t think anything about his performance today was any worse than loads of games in previous seasons. So if his attitude was the issue then that’s nothing new. Hence I’m not reading too much into these comments. Newcastle away last year screamed of a player with an attitude problem. Not today’s game.

Erictheking7

From the trawler in front of the seagulls.........
Pogba is not a leader he is a free spirit who needs consistent performers around him to flourish. He needs a fit and on form Matic and hopefully Fred to do his donkey work. I don't think he's captain material but there again we don't have any standout leaders within the group. Maybe this is another reason Jose wanted to buy a couple of older established players.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
His passing was atrocious and he wasn't anywhere near as dynamic as he was against Leicester. Mind, he wasn't worse than his teammates.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He's a fecking waste man. He's off the ball game is zilch, in fact its worse than nothing. He pretends to mark people and just slowly sidestep drifts to left out of the play into no man's land where he marks no one. He can have all this "talent" people claim but his workrate and attitude is appalling. His run-up to the penalty was about the fastest he ran all game. He also isn't a captain and never will be.

Mourinho out or whatever but this lad can head out the door as well. He isn't a patch on proper world class players.

1 tackle, 0 interceptions, 6 fouls. What a joker. He's a waste of space without the ball at his foot.

finneh

I think it was how he went about the game, rather than the specific effort given.

Cruyff turns on his own 18 yard line and a dozen 40 yard Hollywood passes when a simpler ball was the obvious option. It was like watching someone playing in their own testomonial.

From a captain it's unacceptable. If Pogba were playing alongside Keane today the latter would have pulled him to one side and told Pogba to get his head out of his ass.

I personally think Pogba as captain is a stupid idea... He has the maturity of a 17 year old.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think it was how he went about the game, rather than the specific effort given.

Cruyff turns on his own 18 yard line and a dozen 40 yard Hollywood passes when a simpler ball was the obvious option. It was like watching someone playing in their own testomonial.

From a captain it's unacceptable. If Pogba were playing alongside Keane today the latter would have pulled him to one side and told Pogba to get his head out of his ass.

I personally think Pogba as captain is a stupid idea... He has the maturity of a 17 year old.
Pogba in a nutshell. Sums up his United career to date.

What I mean about his attitude being ok is because he kept trying unlike, say, Newcastlte away last season.

C'est Moi Cantona

Ah it's just some crap they're trained to say, probably got the wording a bit wrong that's all, player interviews are just generally so scripted and dull, nothing to read into at all.

It's what they're saying when they hide their mouths behind their hands on the pitch that is clearly worth hearing!.. or not.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
The second game of the season and your attitude isn't right? Some of these players need to get out of this club, shame it isn't just the players though.

From top to bottom our club is rotten, and the only people who are suffering are the fans, everyone else are lining their pockets.

finneh

Pogba in a nutshell. Sums up his United career to date.

What I mean about his attitude being ok is because he kept trying unlike, say, Newcastlte away last season.
True enough. The only positive is that he's come out and reflected on yet another immature performance, presumably due to the responsibility he was given. We can only hope he'll try to be more professional going forward.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
So basically he was shite today because he couldn't really be arsed?

Seems a bit weird for a captain.