Paul Pogba: My attitude wasn't right

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
I've never been able to get this "attitude" thing. I mean, you play top football for a living, making millions out of it with a 15-20 hours a week workload without having to worry about anything because your club provides everything. Meanwhile, companies give you luxury cars and such and you can get any girl you want in the market (plus lots of the ones "out of the market"). All you have to do is show 90 minutes of the right attitude a week. I really don't get it, I mean, do you want that life or not?

MAME DIOUF 32

I think that's pretty ambiguous and I'd be wary of reading much into it, particularly knowing that his English isn't 100%. He could be saying that he entered the game in totally the wrong mindset, which is a pretty big deal, or he could just be referring to his petulance late on.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he means his "approach" rather than "interest". He went into the game with the idea it would be a lot easier than it was and that he'd be spending the day on the front foot creating. He was completely wrong and their physicality and commitment caught him off guard and he never got a chance to grow into the game.
Exactly this, I think. He was way too slow to pick an option on the ball, before either getting disposed or pinging some terrible pass out of play. He needs to cut out the moaning and gesticulating to the ref every time anyone comes near him as well.

Pogba has all the talent in the world, but it's clear his attitude is far from what you'd hope for in a top sportsman. He should relish the challenge of a tough match.

Acquire Me

It puzzles me that there were United-fans who thought Everything was fine after Mourinhos comments about Pogba. Everything is not right - and it probably never will be. So its a question about who you want to stay ?
They can feck off both of them.

fellaini's barber

How are players performances nothing to do with the manager? It's everything to do with him otherwise we wouldn't be paying him millions a year to manage. I follow Rangers a little bit due to family and Gerrard has players there performance who looked like pub players under Warburton and Murty, the idea a manager doesn't make a difference to players is crazy.
No manager has the ability to make Pogba as rubbish as he was today. Managers make a difference to players agreed, there are lots of things Jose has not gotten right in this club, but when a player can't do the basics like pass to a nearby teammate or keep losing the ball over and over again in the most stupid fashion possible. Do you blame Jose for Bailly acting like a braindead chicken throughout today's game, is it Jose's fault that Young couldn't cross to save his life today? Or is this reserved for only 'special' players. I want Jose gone this season, but excuses should not be made players putting out performances like these. He's had several performances like these but usually we end up winning or he covers it up with a goal/assist. Its totally unacceptable

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Honestly think we missed Darmian today. Nobody taking charge of the defence, particularly on set pieces, while Bailly was having one of his flaily days. Young was not the man for the job IMO.

Backrow Singer

Never have I said that I acceppt it or defend his attitude. However the payers are only humans as well and I can understand that you face motivational difficulties at "work" (whatever it may be) when your supervisor is still trying to tell you that Bing is the biggest search engine in 2018!
Not in proffesional football, in proffesional football that isn’t acceptable. Totally unacceptable.

He needs to be more ruthless with the ball, for me that’s the top and bottom of it. Hes difficult to support because there is very little cutting edge to what he does. He’s got it in him but he’s not consistent enough with his decision making.

As the a few of the others have said, I’m hoping that he meant something else and his language was slightly off but he needs to be a lot better than he was today.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s a world class player when he’s in a good structure and his head is in the right place - see World Cup, see Juve. He’d be great for Barca in my opinion.
So basically he can’t be arsed playing for United, hence he’s not world class for us? Who would want a flake like that playing for them?

donkeyfish

Huddersfield, Newcastle, Spurs, Sevilla (and WBA and Brighton late on) last season

Watford, Chelsea, Fenerbahce the season before

Probably around 10 games the last season under LvG.

There's a lot of games like this one today, where the attitude stinks for the majority of the players. Can't really call it anything else when the effort isn't there, nor the simple technical stuff we know they're able to do normally.

AndyJ1985

Had enough of him tbh. He's happy to take the money but can't be bothered grafting for it. feck him

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Huddersfield, Newcastle, Spurs, Sevilla (and WBA and Brighton late on) last season

Watford, Chelsea, Fenerbahce the season before

Probably around 10 games the last season under LvG.

There's a lot of games like this one today, where the attitude stinks for the majority of the players. Can't really call it anything else when the effort isn't there, nor the simple technical stuff we know they're able to do normally.
With a lot of players over the last three or four years I think it's even worse than having a shite attitude. They simply don't have the bottle, opponents can feel it.

RedorDead21

Man united captain material! Imagine Keane or robbo saying something like this.

Snafu17

He literally trying to be a captain and take responsibility. How can you possibly make this about his relationship with Mourinho is beyond me.

hobbers

People talk about Mourinho OR Pogba...

Honestly I think we'd be best served in the long run getting shot of both. Assuming we got a world record fee for Pogba and reinvested it of course.

SammyUnited_83

It puzzles me that there were United-fans who thought Everything was fine after Mourinhos comments about Pogba. Everything is not right - and it probably never will be. So its a question about who you want to stay ?
Spot on.

Everyone lapped up the James Cooper report, ah it came from the club it must be true.

Quite clearly there is a huge issue that will only be resolved when one of them is gone.

L1nk

Only have to watch MOTD to see Pogba was one of the only ones trying to make anything happen at one point. Just look at this, here's Pogba on the ball, you see Fellaini on the left heading towards the box.... What the hell am I even looking at, where are the options to pass to except sideways and a marked Lingard? Absolute straight up hoofball garbage that's what's been instructed here.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I've just watched the interview.

"Last year we had maybe the same attitude as today and I think it's not right. Myself first, I should have done much better, maybe less mistakes, control the game... But I can say a lot of things. Today I think it's a bad performance from all of us".

So he clearly was just saying the team as a whole didn't have the right attitude and level of performance. Then to show he wasn't criticising everyone except himself, he says 'myself first' to show he is not exempt from criticism.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with what he said at all.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
I think there is a language issue going on here. I don' think he meant what has been interpreted, initially by Sky pundits looking for drama.

Too many jumping on a bandwagon.

Tony Babangida

"Last year we had maybe the same attitude as today and I think it's not right. Myself first, I should have done much better, maybe less mistakes, control the game... But I can say a lot of things. Today I think it's a bad performance from all of us".

So he clearly was just saying the team as a whole didn't have the right attitude and level of performance. Then to show he wasn't criticising everyone except himself, he says 'myself first' to show he is not exempt from criticism.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with what he said.

Why they had that attitude is a different matter.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Only have to watch MOTD to see Pogba was one of the only ones trying to make anything happen at one point. Just look at this, here's Pogba on the ball, you see Fellaini on the left heading towards the box.... What the hell am I even looking at, where are the options to pass to except sideways and a marked Lingard? Absolute straight up hoofball garbage that's what's been instructed here.

I was getting frustrated at this situation happening during the game. This probably isn't the thread for it, but there were huge amounts of space between midfield and attack. The answer to why we see a different Pogba here to the one at the world cup is very simple: it's what's going on around him.

At the world cup he had players all in passing positions around him and he had Mbappe running down the touchline and Griezmann ahead of him. Basically many options, making moves that Pogba can pick out. Here, he has to either skin an opponent or play a 20 yard pass through the eye of a needle to pick out anyone ahead of him. I could rant on about this, but I just don't have the will to do that after today's game.

mark_a

Pogba is a regular non-performer. Look at the likes of Hazard, Salah, De Bruyne, is Pogba as good as them? Undoubtedly. Is he showing it? No. Those players are capable of winning a game with some magic, of galvanizing players around them.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.

The fella on the right should be about two or three lines up on the pitch . If he does that it pulls at least two of their players over there and creating space for your attackers or midfieldiers running in. Its not the Jose way .

L1nk

Pogba is a regular non-performer. Look at the likes of Hazard, Salah, De Bruyne, is Pogba as good as them? Undoubtedly. Is he showing it? No. Those players are capable of winning a game with some magic, of galvanizing players around them.
Look at the picture above, do any of those players regularly find themselves in a position like that, in the teams they play in? The answer is absolutely not.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Looking at that again they have six back against your two . One of which is Fellini who is your furthest player forward . What the feck ? That invites hoof ball all day long but its the fact Fellini has nobody to knock it down too. Brighton sussed Joses tactics hence the five players in midfield like a double diamond formation or a star formation . I cant think what its called but you know what Iam on about.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
He should refund the travelling the fans from his huge salary.

forevrared

:wenger::wenger::wenger:

Talk about the original comment being taken out of context! There's absolutely nothing wrong with what he said, and he's right. It doesn't redeem his play today (or anyone else's), but he certainly wasn't the worst player on the pitch by any stretch of the imagination. Loads of people were seemingly waiting for an excuse to get on his back.

JK-27

Maybe if he stopped worrying about telling cryptic stories to press about 'being fined if I say what I want to say' so we have a week of being focused on his relationship with Jose rather than playing fecking football, his attitude might have been right.

redchamp

He was shite today #pogthoughts
:lol:

He does seem to lack a bit of self awareness with regards to his social media. Might be better for him to not continue using his jokey hashtags after a performance like that.

dove

So now when Jose won't criticise any player because the club told so, our players will start criticising themselves? :lol:

Tarrou

Pogba was shocking but so was everyone else. I actually quite liked the interview because I thought it showed humility and tried to take responsibility for the defeat.

I guess you can twist it whichever way you please, as I have done.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I don't have a problem with that statement. He is acknowledging he could have been better. Do you not have off days sometimes? Anyway, he played okay and is not the reason for the loss IMO.

vivaronaldo

I think it was his way of saying the manager can't motivate the team. And honestly, in some respects I don't blame him.

You should always try and give your best but I don't think any of our players enjoy their football at the moment and it's understandable.
its exactly whats happening ...jose has lost them , its obvious

johanovic

Just sell him to Barcelona. He was not showing the right attitude in most games last season either. For a player saying that just after a another really poor performance is just pathetic. Sure some games not everthing works for you but for fecks sake do your basic work in defending,tracking your player, winning your headers and do not stand there like a primadonna waving your hands when something goes against you.

Marcus

Come on Pogba. I don't really care about your attitude. What I do care about is your stupid protestations if things don't go your way. Use those extra 2 seconds where you are gesticulating to instead track the man who dispossessed you. Simple stuff like that will speak louder than words.

ErranMorad

Astonishing statement to come up with. I know people want to bury their head in sand and believe that there is not going on behind the scenes based training ground photos/videos and Jose's pre match interviews mocking the opposition, but the statements coming out of both Jose and Pogba are seriously worrying. Pogba has banged on about "his attitude", Jose said that he'll be positive because you guys (the media) do not like me criticizing players. It's like they are trying to get one over the another. It' open season, everyone is saying whatever they want without caring about the consequences. At the end of the day it's us fans who are suffering because of this bickering and nonsense. We have to come to terms with the fact that another season of ours has the possibility of tanking before it has barely started. While Eddy is busy is trying to tie up another sponsorship.

Two games in and this already has resemblance to what Conte called a "Jose season".

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

We simply don't create overloads which most good teams do these days. In the same position City would have two extra bodies in central areas requiring the opposition to play narrower and creating space for the wide players. But you have to commit players forward for that, and not focus your attention on the long ball.