Paul Pogba officially leaves Manchester United

Djemba-Djemba

Seems strange to be acting sentimental towards a player we broke our transfer record on, and is leaving for free for a 2nd time, who ultimately didn't reach the level he was expected to. Him and his agent/brothers have talked about leaving every summer and every international break. The tweet should have been a minimalist statement of fact. A 'Thanks' at most.
Yep, I thought we were sorting our social media out?

Should have just been a simple tweet saying Pogba was leaving , we thank him for his service and wish him well. Not a big flowery article and "Always a red" cringe bollocks.

allen7

Any decent club would’ve sold Pogba few years back and cashed in money when it was clearly not working with us.
Shows the club’s incompetence and failing to make right calls at right time

GlasgowCeltic

back to Allegri huh, he's literally gonna go his whole career without playing under any progressive managers

Tap

Good news. Now Lingard next please.

G-MUFC

Thank heavens he's left the club.
He's been awful.
I'll never forget the handball penalty he gave away against West Ham. He shouldn't have played for the club again after that.
I've never been more disappointed with a player we signed.

SirAnderson

Virus on first page? Check :lol:

Unfortunate beginning, middle and end to what should have been a promising career at Man Utd. Both parties to blame for the shite show it became, probably more blame on Pogba, but at this point it doesn't even matter.

Wish him well wherever he is going, I do want to see what could have been for us, but not sure if he will. Remains to be seen.

Member 101269

news about FDJ came out, then news about PP... what is the next positive news to create the sandwich effect

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Happy he's gone but also wish him all the best.

Marcus

Rejoined United to boost his social media following.

Edwards6

Got to be one of the most disappointing signings we've ever made, thought he'd become the best midfielder in the world when he came back, how wrong was I?!

Rustyspider13

Good luck to him. Luxury player who was never suited for a non-dominant team. Glad that the constant circus about him in the media is over, hopefully this place can now move on from him too.

FriedClams

Not bothered at all at the moment, but will be keeping an eye on him next season and if he turns into one of the best midfielders in the world again, then I hope he steps on lego frequently

mctrials23

Honestly I'm just glad he has left. I was semi-confident he would turn around and sign a bumper new 5 year deal.

Good luck to him but glad this saga is over. Don't care how well he does for the team he moves to because he didn't do it for us. Like so many modern players, hes a luxury item that doesn't want to dig in when things aren't working out or easy for him.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
This could be a brilliant move by the club, its possible he was given a deadline of the end of May to sign a new contract. The club have finally stuck to their guns by announcing they are not tolerating his BS any longer.

A narcissist like Pogba would have wanted to announce this and get all the attention he wanted.

Possibly a sign Ten Hag is taking no nonsense and a message the club wont be pushed around any longer.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I'm so upset we've lost such a mediocre player

izec

At least we wont have the stupid conversations anymore about his best position, haircut, social media etc.

Classical Mechanic

I remember how buzzed I was when he first joined. Mourinho, Pogba, Zlatan, Mkhitaryan. So many false dawns! Wish him well because I think deep down he does love the club but it just didn't work and mostly for reasons out of his control.

Jezpeza

Thank feck for that. My prediction is the lazy injury prone wash-ups career peters out somewhere now

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Yep, I thought we were sorting our social media out?

Should have just been a simple tweet saying Pogba was leaving , we thank him for his service and wish him well. Not a big flowery article and "Always a red" cringe bollocks.
The club are winding him up, taking the high moral ground. That will piss Pogba off immensely.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Twice a Red, always a Red.

It's such a shame that it didn't turned out to be a success story. But we need a rebuild.

edit :mad:
Shouldn’t it be “twice a red, always a red”

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The PR department from our club is run by clowns. There was no need for that message, specially when the divorce is on bad terms.
A complete silence would have been better, are they that thirsty for clicks and views ?

IRN-BRUno

Good luck to him wherever he goes, he's obviously deserved criticism for performance at times but the off-field stuff never really bothered me and by all accounts he's a likeable guy.

FireballXL5

Great news, now I officially don't have to give a shit about him ever again.

Betson

Just did not work out at all here , the odd top class performance now and again to raise hopes but ultimately it was mediocrity which mainly defined his 2nd spell here.

Anyway best of luck to him in the future.

MUFC OK

The club are winding him up, taking the high moral ground. That will piss Pogba off immensely.
Wouldnt surprise me if the contract offer was still on the table yesterday and this is the first he's heard to the contrary. It was time for him to go but we do need a replacement.