Paul Pogba officially leaves Manchester United

Chip

Feels strange and ambivalent. I still remember following the transfer saga 24/7 for most of the summer in 2016 and being over the moon when he was finally announced. A shame that it never really worked out like we all wanted apart from a few purple patches here and there.

TsuWave

Only period of sustained good form and fitness was the 2 or 3 months after Mourinho was sacked.
He was the catalyst for Ole’s unbeaten run that gave Ole the full time gig. There are articles from around that time calling him the best player in the league. He also topped all United attacking assists prior to Mourinho. Your post is just wrong.

Rake

What a waste... Good luck not him but can't say I'm even remotely bothered about him leaving.

Nick7

When you look at the Pogba and Lingard situations and the transfer fees we have missed out on for no good reason it really does point to a club in disarray.

And now we have a very limited budget when a total overhaul is needed.
Yep. Absolute joke shop.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He was the catalyst for Ole’s unbeaten run that gave Ole the full time gig. There are articles from around that time calling him the best player in the league. He also topped all United attacking assists prior to Mourinho. Your post is just wrong.
Then he went on international duty in March, mouthed off about leaving and downed tools for the of the season. It cost us top 4.

TrueRed79

Twice a red, always a red!
Happy this saga is over. Completely overrated twat.

clarkydaz

Best outcome for both parties at this point.

Strange words though - ‘Once a Red Always a Red’. This is the second time he’s left on a free and he hasn‘t exactly been a success for us. I’m glad we didn‘t ’re-sign’ him for a third time on massive wages this summer. Regardless, good luck to him.
The little matter of trying to leave for the past 4 years aswell

Unam333

Thank you and good luck Paul! (Except playing against us of course.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
As always, more complex than "he was shite". Wish him all the best and happy for both parties to move on.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
I would be furious at this guy if he was at my club. Left as a youngster on a free, came back on a club record and didn’t really give a fk and is now leaving on a free again. How bad has this deal been? From free transfer to free transfer with 80+m in fees involved and he was mostly useless.

Abraxas

The statement the club put out is laughable. There was no need for the PR spin, it could have simply been left as confirmation he is leaving. That would have reflected the feeling of most observers well enough without being unprofessional.

IrishRedDevil

I was addicted to his transfer saga. Feel indifferent about him leaving. Right player, wrong time. Imagine adding Pogba to a full functioning ten Hag team - really would be cherry on the top. For now, we have to focus on a rebuild.

ShinjiNinja26

I would be furious at this guy if he was at my club. Left as a youngster on a free, came back on a club record and didn’t really give a fk and is now leaving on a free again. How bad has this deal been? From free transfer to free transfer with 80+m in fees involved and he was mostly useless.
I’m just glad we can finally wash our hands of him once and for all.

Kaos

Relieved. Part of me was genuinely concerned he'd sign a huge contract with us considering the radio silence from the other supposedly interested clubs.

Good luck to him, but also good riddance to the circus that came with him.

IrishRedDevil

Awful deal!
The only saving grace is that he was super marketable. I'm sure he made the club a fair few £ off the field the last handful of years.

BlahRules

What I never understand with the united board is that they know Pogba is not renewing his contract and had known this for awhile but will allow the media to portray this notion that he may renew. If it wasn't for Rangnick confirming we would have been told on 1 July.

This is the same with Lingard.

A lot of clubs say it outright when a player will not be renewing his contract.

laughtersassassin

What's important to remember is we are keeping a lot of players much worse than Pogba.

Our Midfield is in tatters. Without 2 new starters next season we won't have a hope.

Even if we get FDJ. He will fail without a partner

TsuWave

Then he went on international duty in March, mouthed off about leaving and downed tools for the of the season. It cost us top 4.
I deal in facts not in these scenarios you’re conjuring up. I merely replied to an erroneous statement that he only sustained good form for a brief period when Mourinho left. That’s not true and it’s easily verifiable.

Either way, this is the thread confirming he’s leaving so no need to pick up arms. He’s gone now.

Superunknown

The idea of Pogba is always better than the reality. He's been nothing but a disappointment for me. Hasn't justified his price tag one bit. Wants the prestige of being a big name without putting the effort or desire for it.

However, for the club to let him go twice and not make any money on it is shameful. That money could have been reinvested into the squad. At the same time, we all know nobody would stump up the cash for him anyway, so we've got a player who doesn't do an awful lot, who won't bring in money for us with a transfer, and who is leaving on a massive loss. Terrible signing, all round, and terrible club management of him. Big fecking meh.

CallyRed

Goodbye my Pogba
Goodbye my friend
You aint been the one
You aint been the one for me

rooney2009

Good player just never consistent enough
Definition of a modern day player- Football is just a job for him
Won’t be missed

Kopral Jono

In the end it just didn't work out. I'll always have a soft spot for him regardless.

Okey

What a relief. Huge misadventure. Such an overrated diva of a footballer. I wish him well for his future, but won't be missing him one bit.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
How do you know he left on bad terms? Only the fanbase and Pogba are on bad terms, nobody in the club (players,coaches bar Mourinho,staff, physios..etc) had a issue with him.
Obviously speaking from the fan's POV as this message was addressed for the fans no ?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If you look at the most expensive signings in history of football, a ridiculous percentage of them have completely failed at their club.
There is a lesson to be learned from all of this

freddie the red

What disappointed me was the huge gap between his potential (Yaya/Vieira) and his on pitch reality, what annoyed me was his failure to slap down his agent, what pleases me is that the saga has finally ended.

crossy1686

career ending
The PR department from our club is run by clowns. There was no need for that message, specially when the divorce is on bad terms.
A complete silence would have been better, are they that thirsty for clicks and views ?
They never miss the opportunity for social media interactions