Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

hobbers

How many trophies?

Nothing is wrong with his performance. This ain’t Taarabt. He’s delivered. He’s won us trophies and helped us gain our new level of success which is top 4. It’s not his performances that are the issue. Otherwise there’s w long list of current players with less talent and less acceptable performances.
How many trophies what? We've won two B-tier trophies with Pogba. That was status quo for Mourinho's team in the first two seasons, not Pogba elevating us anywhere.

He was important for the team under Mourinho but has proven to be a detriment under Ole. We win more and concede far fewer goals when Pogba doesn't play. He only gets into Ole's preferred eleven and system by being shoehorned on the right or left wing.

You can call it a bad reflection on Ole as a manager, and I might agree with you. But Ole is still manager and he has proven conclusively that he can't build a team that suits Pogba.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The same as we got from our current players here. I don’t get your point. Are we a one man team?

Also who fits us better? I’m not disagreeing there I’m asking how does it improve us. Does replacing him with Neves (eg) improve us?
Neves actually plays in a midfield position we don't have so yeah he probably does. We can't even play Pogba in CM due to the deficiencies in his own game. He dwells on the ball, loses it in bad areas and fails to track his runners.

Neves might not have the ability Pogba does but probably a better fit for our team.

Carrick probably didn't have the natural ability Pogba has but he was a much much better player for us. Why? Because his attitude was spot on. Always.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We also dropped him into midfield when Fred and McTominay where having a stinker as they are poor on the ball and doing there best to lose us one of the latter games.
When playing against teams who don't sit deep, we need Pogba in advanced area and we can't play him in the deeper area but when we playing against teams who sits deep we need someone who offers more in attack than Fred/McT. Does this not enough to tell people what we actually need is someone who is more all rounder midfielder who can offer like 50:50 defense and attack not just someone who offers in attacking alone like Pogba?

el3mel

It has been a waste of 5 years for both United and Pogba.

Neither benefitted from each other.

Time for both to move.

I very much predict him to look like prime Zidane against French teams.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
We don’t play that and what is his role in that formation? When is the last time you’ve seen him show good defensive attributes?
Rumours are we might switch to this formation.

His role will be driving the ball forward from midfield.

I’m sure his defensive attributes, if and when required of him, will be better then Pogba’s.

Mainoldo

Pogba is capable of brilliant passing but I wouldn't say that he dictates play for us. He doesn't really set the tempo or control the team around most of the time.
But that’s his job in the team. He doesn’t do that because we don’t really play possession based football. But for that role that’s his job. The only player in our squad can do that is VBD. However he would need to play and he’s not a better player than Pogba as we all know. So it’s a set down. But that doesn’t matter if we get a quality DM.

I just hope these guys at our club are on job.Otherwise next season will be a fail unfortunately.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If Pogba is going just say feck it and sell VDB too so we can get Rice and Grealish.

If VDB is the Pogba replacement we are fecked.
Pogba scored less goals than Scott Mctomminay last season and only got 6 assists. Let's not go overboard with how 'important' he is to our team. He's probably not even top 5 most pivotal players for us.

laughtersassassin

Hope we do if we’re actually selling Pogba. Ole needs to push the board to go for him. We can try including Lingard in a deal if possible.
If the club is serious they recognise losing Pogba is a huge loss regardless if what people think

We need a DM with Pogba staying.

So if Pogba goes we should be signing a DM and a CM or Grealish.

It may sound crazy but we need two players to ensure our Midfield doesn't get worse

Cause right now our midfield already isn't good enough. If we risk it regressing next season by not adding to it and replacing Pogba it will cost us next season.

I guarantee it.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Excellent. The sooner the better.

Get the circus as far away from this club as possible.
Or it could be that after the years that he's been here, he doesn't see us having progressed any further than when he joined. Should be a wake up call to the powers that be that we need really to be challenging this season

laughtersassassin

It has been a waste of 5 years for both United and Pogba.

Neither benefitted from each other.

Time for both to move.

I very much predict him to look like prime Zidane against French teams.
Well if he does it for PSG and He does it for France and he Did it for Juve then maybe the problem was us????

mu4c_20le

Because we're losing Pogba?! :lol: :houllier: I'm a long term Pogba defender, but thats utter utter nonsense.
Even an inconsistent Pogba can do things that nobody else can. Except maybe Grealish, but he's not an 8

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Or it could be that after the years that he's been here, he doesn't see us having progressed any further than when he joined. Should be a wake up call to the powers that be that we need really to be challenging this season
He's also a part of the team that didn't progress, though.

Judas

Open to offers
Just makes us look weak imo.
Eh I see where you're coming from, but he's wanted out for bloody years, we've all known it was coming eventually. If he'd signed a new deal, I'd still have expected more of this shite again next summer regardless. It's exhausting, as brilliant as he is and can be on his day. I'm tired.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's one of the reasons we haven't. If he turned up for us 8 games in 10 rather than 2 or 3 we might have won more than we have under him.

Bruno has come here and shown him up under the same manager and with the same teammates.

Mainoldo

Rumours are we might switch to this formation.

His role will be driving the ball forward from midfield.

I’m sure his defensive attributes, if and when required of him, will be better then Pogba’s.
You are sure just means you don’t know. You can’t assume something with confidence. Pogba does a job for us there without no fuss. Grealish does not have the personality to do a job he is very much a maverick and requires that role within a team.

4-3-3 works if Jack has the license to do what he wants. That job is for Bruno. It doesn’t not work. We would need to be a Saul Niguez to improve our current midfield make up. Not Grealish as I think he would cause a bigger problem that what Pogba causes.

I find it funny people say the balance is messed up but want to replace Pogba with Grealish. Makes me think people deep down are scared about the quality we will be losing.:rolleyes:

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Playing with who?
I’d like to see Grealish Neves Bruno.

I already mentioned this in one of my earlier posts recently but I think Neves being a PL proven player could be a good signing at the price being quoted.

Him being Portuguese may also help form a good bond with Bruno specially. It will be vital in terms of communication about positioning when playing a midfield 3 where discipline will be key.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What player is this? We need a DM which he doesn’t offer us but we also need someone to dictate play which non of our current midfielders bar him offers us.

So we best have a good plan.
Since you don't understand then take a look at Bayern when they played with Kimmich or Goretzka in midfield as easier explanation. No DM is required just all rounder midfielder who are discipline and can play in midfield two, and offer both attack and defense. Pogba is nothing like them and our system suits more for someone who is more all rounder in our midfield and will provide more balance.

laughtersassassin

Because we're losing Pogba?! :lol: :houllier: I'm a long term Pogba defender, but thats utter utter nonsense.
Its not so much that we are losing Pogba and more so that our Midfield 2 options would be Matic Fred McT and VDB who probably can't play there in the Prem.

feck me that is one shite Midfield for a top team.

If we get 2 new CMs in that's a different story but your lying if we think that is near good enough. Doesn't have an ounce of passing ability in it.

Would have no one to spray long passes or switch the play. Would be the most limited midfield United have had in a long long time

hobbers

He's one of the reasons we haven't. If he turned up for us 8 games in 10 rather than 2 or 3 we might have won more than we have under him.

Bruno has come here and shown him up under the same manager and with the same teammates.
If he'd turned up in the FA cup semi final against Leicester. Or the semi final against Sevilla. Or the final against Villarreal.

Just 3 examples off the top of my head.

Mainoldo

Neves actually plays in a midfield position we don't have so yeah he probably does. We can't even play Pogba in CM due to the deficiencies in his own game. He dwells on the ball, loses it in bad areas and fails to track his runners.

Neves might not have the ability Pogba does but probably a better fit for our team.

Carrick probably didn't have the natural ability Pogba has but he was a much much better player for us. Why? Because his attitude was spot on. Always.
Neves is probably slower than Matic and not very mobile. But good luck looking for answers in him.

Judas

Open to offers
As much as we must replace Pogba this summer with a couple of players, we are finally more in a position where we don't need to bend over backwards and give him and his agent whatever he wants. De Gea got us when we were weak, hell you could say even Martial did with the deal he's ended up with. We don't need Pogba as desperately as we once did.

laughtersassassin

As much as we must replace Pogba this summer with a couple of players, we are finally more in a position where we don't need to bend over backwards and give him and his agent whatever he wants. De Gea got us when we were weak, hell you could say even Martial did with the deal he's ended up with. We don't need Pogba as desperately as we once did.
Midfield we are desperate tbf. Ours midfield 2 options are dire

Deery

Dreary
He won’t go anywhere if he was going to leave he would have already he’s just using PSG the same way Varane is using us to get a big fat pay cheque.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
If the club is serious they recognise losing Pogba is a huge loss regardless if what people think

We need a DM with Pogba staying.

So if Pogba goes we should be signing a DM and a CM or Grealish.

It may sound crazy but we need two players to ensure our Midfield doesn't get worse

Cause right now our midfield already isn't good enough. If we risk it regressing next season by not adding to it and replacing Pogba it will cost us next season.

I guarantee it.
I agree with needing a DM apart from a CM. I was initially just mentioning that a player of Pogba’s caliber or atleast somewhat close to it is available, being Grealish.

Bosws87

Couldn't care either way great player, talent never in doubt but the circus that follows is nauseating since day 1.

The people that are saying step backwards and worse team without him, i point you to Liverpools midfield when they won the title its the team not a single player that wins the trophies.

Judas

Open to offers
Its not so much that we are losing Pogba and more so that our Midfield 2 options would be Matic Fred McT and VDB who probably can't play there in the Prem.

feck me that is one shite Midfield for a top team.

If we get 2 new CMs in that's a different story but your lying if we think that is near good enough. Doesn't have an ounce of passing ability in it.

Would have no one to spray long passes or switch the play. Would be the most limited midfield United have had in a long long time
Where have I said I'd not want us to invest or I'd be happy with our current options if he leaves? I want two in even if Pogba was bloody staying! I've said for months we'll struggle to replace him, and we must do some brilliant business now to make up for his departure.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He's also a part of the team that didn't progress, though.
You're not wrong there has to be said. So who can we get? The talk of Grealish is utter nonsense. Rice isn't even close to being the player that will dominate the midfield for us, Camavinga is a good shout but very young to be pinning our hopes on.

I's favour a KDB type myself;brilliant, unassuming, influences games far more than Pogba,scorer of great goals

Mainoldo

I’d like to see Grealish Neves Bruno.

I already mentioned this in one of my earlier posts recently but I think Neves being a PL proven player could be a good signing at the price being quoted.

Him being Portuguese may also help form a good bond with Bruno specially. It will be vital in terms of communication about positioning when playing a midfield 3 where discipline will be key.
He’s not mobile, his passing is good but I’ve never seen him have one game where he has got the better of a top class CM so I’m really worried why so much people have so much confidence in this guy.

He’s a good signing for an Arsenal not us. He won’t make us win a midfield battle.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Eh I see where you're coming from, but he's wanted out for bloody years, we've all known it was coming eventually. If he'd signed a new deal, I'd still have expected more of this shite again next summer regardless. It's exhausting, as brilliant as he is and can be on his day. I'm tired.
Same, I read the tweet and was just, Meh, about it all. See what happens.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Funny how people defending him have now turned to specific situations as a proof he's one of our most important players.
Moments player, that is what he is. It works on the wing, not so much in midfield.

Just remember we wouldn't have got near the EL final without Pogba playing wide as wide playmaker. And we literary already signed Sancho for the role.
This. Pogba the midfielder won't be missed, and we need a DM either way. If selling Pogba gives us funds for another CM, it's even better.
Remember he's already on very high wages.

ArjenIsM3

You're not wrong there has to be said. So who can we get? The talk of Grealish is utter nonsense. Rice isn't even close to being the player that will dominate the midfield for us, Camavinga is a good shout but very young to be pinning our hopes on.

I's favour a KDB type myself;brilliant, unassuming, influences games far more than Pogba,scorer of great goals
Like who?

laughtersassassin

I agree with needing a DM apart from a CM. I was initially just mentioning that a player of Pogba’s caliber or atleast somewhat close to it is available, being Grealish.
Available and our ability or willingness to get them is a different matter sadly.

el3mel

Well if he does it for PSG and He does it for France and he Did it for Juve then maybe the problem was us????
I really see nothing different between France's Pogba and United's Pogba.

Both are the same. Capable of brilliant moments on the ball but passenger off the ball and careless in possession in their own half.

It's just that people focus more on his brilliant moments with France, but the overall performance is mostly the same really.