Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringo 07

Some of the top in football in the game are also the biggest dicks to have ever lived - Luis Suarez, John Terry, Pogba, Ibrahimovich, Balotelli, El Hadji Diouf, Joey Barton, Sergio Busquets

Last edited:

Name Changed

weso26
Completely irrelevant to be honest. By that reckoning Every English player from Scholes to Rooney is average based on their International showings at one time or another.......And Klose is world class...but he isnt..and never was!
It's not irrelevant. If he has a great game then fair enough, you say he's had a great game. If he had a shite game then it's not irrelevant at all to say so.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Whenever I watch him play, I ask myself why are people rating him so high?

Things like skill, technique, are there, but still think he lacks one of the main things every midfielder should have, and that's mobility. I don't think his workrate/mobility is anything better than the likes of Fellaini. And before anyone says I compared him with Fellaini, please read it again.
I really don't see any reason why would people want him here. He isn't better than Mata/Rooney, and he can't play alongside Herrera in double-pivot behind them.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Things like skill, technique, are there, but still think he lacks one of the main things every midfielder should have, and that's mobility. I don't think his workrate/mobility is anything better than the likes of Fellaini. And before anyone says I compared him with Fellaini, please read it again.
I really don't see any reason why would people want him here. He isn't better than Mata/Rooney, and he can't play alongside Herrera in double-pivot behind them.
Well you are comparing him to Fellaini really as you've discounted everything he's top class at and said he's only as mobile as Fellaini so he's therefore not good enough. It's a load of bollocks. Some of the best midfielders of this last generation were less mobile than Fellaini. Basically everyone in the football world thinks Pogba is going to be something special. He's already at a good level as it is.

I'd take him over caf sweethearts such as Vidal every day of the week.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Well you are comparing him to Fellaini really as you've discounted everything he's top class at and said he's only as mobile as Fellaini so he's therefore not good enough. It's a load of bollocks. Some of the best midfielders of this last generation were less mobile than Fellaini. Basically everyone in the football world thinks Pogba is going to be something special. He's already at a good level as it is.

I am comparing his mobility with Fellaini's, not with Fellaini as a player in general.

I would like to hear which of these top midfielders were less mobile than Fellaini.

In Rainbows

Vidal is clearly better than Pogba. The only reason you would buy Pogba > Vidal is if you prefer a younger midfielder to grow into his prime at your club. He can also give you more top class years at the club or a lot of money back should he decide to leave.

Loublaze

ATLien

What world do you live in? I want to look through your eyes even for a minute, get a different perspective at life. I don't know where to start....damn.

Devil may care

Blasphemy though it may be, I'd have him back here in a heartbeat, still only 21 and such a gifted athlete and player, he is only on the cusp of how good he will be, and he is already very good.

In Rainbows

Anyone who wouldn't want to pay big money for Pogba is foolish. Even if he fecks off in 3-4 years, you'll make the money back. :lol:

RedRover

Vidal is clearly better than Pogba. The only reason you would buy Pogba > Vidal is if you prefer a younger midfielder to grow into his prime at your club. He can also give you more top class years at the club or a lot of money back should he decide to leave.
I think it's fairly obvious that when buying a 21 year old player you're not getting the finished article.

He could, and probably should be an absolute superstar and if there's a chance we should be in for him.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Anyone who wouldn't want to pay big money for Pogba is foolish. Even if he fecks off in 3-4 years, you'll make the money back. :lol:
Agreed. I think he was a prick for leaving and he made a right fool of the club and SAF (who did nothing/little wrong IMO) - however that shouldn't affect the decision. If he's available at the right price and wants to come back then of course we should buy him back. It would sting a little having Juventus do one over on us but it's better we bought him at that price than one of our rivals.

quackattack

Agreed. I think he was a prick for leaving and he made a right fool of the club and SAF (who did nothing/little wrong IMO) - however that shouldn't affect the decision. If he's available at the right price and wants to come back then of course we should buy him back. It would sting a little having Juventus do one over on us but it's better we bought him at that price than one of our rivals.
Can't see him coming back, not for several years at least:/

FromTheBench

If the Club feel he's a prick and not a good character to bring back for big money with his agent Raoila then that will play a part in deciding ofcourse. Don't see how it cannot affect a decision.

Skills

Snitch
He'll leave Juventus on a free and secure some kind of world record sign on bonus/salary from Madrid/PSG/City.

RedRover

If the Club feel he's a prick and not a good character to bring back for big money with his agent Raoila then that will play a part in deciding ofcourse. Don't see how it cannot affect a decision.
I dont really get the criticism of his attitude to be honest. Some are far to precious that he didnt feel he was lucky to be at a club like United and should just sit tight when he clearly felt he was being significantly underrated.

He didn't feel like he was getting a fair crack here so chose to move on. He took a risk moving to another country and has made himself an integral part of very good sides at both club and international level. That "attitude" which some seem to want to criticise probably mkaes him what he is and will stand him in good stead going forward. I see no problem with looking after your career and having confidence in your own ability.

As it is, if the club do bring him back they they clearly dont see it as an issue anyway.

FromTheBench

I dont really get the criticism of his attitude to be honest. Some are far to precious that he didnt feel he was lucky to be at a club like United and should just sit tight when he clearly felt he was being significantly underrated.

He didn't feel like he was getting a fair crack here so chose to move on. He took a risk moving to another country and has made himself an integral part of very good sides at both club and international level. That "attitude" which some seem to want to criticise probably mkaes him what he is and will stand him in good stead going forward. I see no problem with looking after your career and having confidence in your own ability.

As it is, if the club do bring him back they they clearly dont see it as an issue anyway.
Don't really want to get involved in the Pogba circular debate again. But there have been instances at Juventus as well of Raoila and him thinking they were bigger than the club and deserved special treatment etc.. And also re his bitter comments time and again with respect to SAF and what not (Comparing himself to Mandela etc..).

Anyway, i wasn't even saying that his attitude is real bad or anything, but that if the club feels he hasn't behaved properly in the past then it will definitely play a part before deciding to move for him or not. Maybe they decide to look past it but it will definitely come into the thinking as they evaluate players mental, discipline and even personal histories as part of the scouting process. Also, whether to deal with Raoila or not will be a issue.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's seems a bit bitter about how he wasn't given a chance with us and has mentioned it many times in interviews, looks like he really wants to prove a point to SAF and the club. His ego will not allow him to come back, can see him at Madrid next, who i think will suffer after losing Di Maria and Alonso in the middle of the park.

On the other hand i do find it odd that SAF never mentioned him in his autobiography, maybe he doesn't want to burn any bridges that could be left.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's seems a bit bitter about how he wasn't given a chance with us and has mentioned it many times in interviews, looks like he really wants to prove a point to SAF and the club. His ego will not allow him to come back, can see him at Madrid next, who i think will suffer after losing Di Maria and Alonso in the middle of the park.

On the other hand i do find it odd that SAF never mentioned him in his autobiography, maybe he doesn't want to burn any bridges that could be left.
His ego won't let him come back? What a load of nonsense.

What better boost for the ego than forcing your way out of the club because you don't think they rate you highly enough, only to prove your point and be subject to a huge bid from said club and handed superstar wages?

The only ego that could have stopped him returning is Fergie, who you'd imagine wouldn't fancy paying big money in order to admit his mistake.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
His ego won't let him come back? What a load of nonsense.

What better boost for the ego than forcing your way out of the club because you don't think they rate you highly enough, only to prove your point and be subject to a huge bid from said club and handed superstar wages?

The only ego that could have stopped him returning is Fergie, who you'd imagine wouldn't fancy paying big money in order to admit his mistake.
Maybe ego wasn't the correct term to use, pride would be more fitting, he comes across scorned when it comes to us.

Clas Sified

Pogba seems very bitter towards us. In all his interviews, I have never seen him say one good thing about SAF or just us in general. To me, he's just too far gone to the dark side to be redeemable. I wouldn't take him back. He's destined to be a Galactico for sure.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Pogba seems very bitter towards us. In all his interviews, I have never seen him say one good thing about SAF or just us in general. To me, he's just too far gone to the dark side to be redeemable. I wouldn't take him back. He's destined to be a Galactico for sure.
Really? The words are often twisted by articles, if you actually see what he says he is very complimentary about Ferguson and United. The only thing he criticises is Ferguson not putting faith in him and him realising then if he was to make it into a first team any time soon it wasn't going to be at United.

Clas Sified

Really? The words are often twisted by articles, if you actually see what he says he is very complimentary about Ferguson and United. The only thing he criticises is Ferguson not putting faith in him and him realising then if he was to make it into a first team any time soon it wasn't going to be at United.
The words may be twisted, but I just ran a quick Google search and the first few results are: Paul Pogba blasts Sir Alex Ferguson, Paul Pogba 'disgusted' at Sir Alex Ferguson team selection, Pogba says United and Sir Alex Ferguson showed me no respect...

Those aren't the words of someone who's very 'complimentary' of United. That's just damn disrespect. If anything, I think Pogba is the kind of guy who would sign for City, and to rub it in, score against us and run the whole length of the field to celebrate in our fans' faces. That's just my two cents.

Walters_19_MuFc

I well up every time I come into this thread.

I actually watched the France vs Spain game, and thought he was brilliant, as usual really. He'll go onto be one of the greats if he carries on with his progression. Great player, and someone we should be heavily pursuing next year, despite him already playing for us.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The words may be twisted, but I just ran a quick Google search and the first few results are: Paul Pogba blasts Sir Alex Ferguson, Paul Pogba 'disgusted' at Sir Alex Ferguson team selection, Pogba says United and Sir Alex Ferguson showed me no respect...

Those aren't the words of someone who's very 'complimentary' of United. That's just damn disrespect. If anything, I think Pogba is the kind of guy who would sign for City, and to rub it in, score against us and run the whole length of the field to celebrate in our fans' faces. That's just my two cents.
So you decide to give a perfect example of what I am saying. Those are the headlines where his words are twisted into articles.

Read the quotes without reason the articles and make your own mind up. I can assure you the quotes aren't:

"I'm blasting Sir Alex Ferguson"

"I'm disgusted at Sir Alex Ferguson"

He is constantly asked why he left United and he explains the reasons. The articles then twist it into him having all these negative emotions about the club and saying how angry he was when really all he ever does is explain the circumstances.

RedRover

No, but you should use a brain, if a player has previous...
So you don't buy a top player on the basis that at the end of a five year contract he might walk away for free? How many players actually do that?

Walking away when you're a kid with another offer on the table and your best years ahead of you is one thing. Sitting out a contract and potentially not playing just to get a bit bigger pay check at the end of it?

The reality is that most top players move for big money because a top club comes in for them when they're bang in form and well before the end of a contract. Clubs will look to sell a player before his contract runs down to a level where others will realistically want him for free, with the threat being that either you sign a new deal, go, or rot in the reserves and don't play.

Thats why very few top players ever move on a Bosman - sitting on your backside for a year does no good for your career because you're riskikng being forgotten in favour of that years star performers.

RedRover

Those probably arent the words he's said at all. It'll be typical press spin. "Pogba blasts Fergie" is a headline - "Youth team player leaves for first team football" isn't.

Besides, he's a kid and kids say daft things. He moved on because he wasnt getting a game and wanted to further his career - which he's done to the extent that we might be preapred to pay mega millions to get him back. I think his decision to leave has been vindicated to be honest.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The fact that he doesn't shut up about it indicates he's sill very bitter about it. Fair enough he may have a point but is it really neccesary to keep repeating it.

SAF pretty much said he didn't like his attitude and signed with Juve long before his contract was up with us. I trust SAF whole heartedly on matters like his, especially when it comes to the character of the player and attitude, he was 100% right about Tevez when the fans were thinking he was some sort of saint.

Status
Not open for further replies.