Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Is he actually the unreal god he is made out to be? Or is he overhyped just because he shares the honour with Cristiano Ronaldo for players who have stayed/become World Class after leaving Manchester United?

I have always sensed the latter, but then again I watch very little Italian football.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Even if we'd have kept him I'm pretty confident he'd have left by now, or would at least be close to leaving.

KiD MoYeS

Is he actually the unreal god he is made out to be? Or is he overhyped just because he shares the honour with Cristiano Ronaldo for players who have stayed/become World Class after leaving Manchester United?

I have always sensed the latter, but then again I watch very little Italian football.
He's the real deal, one of the best midfielders in world football, and still has room to grow.

gasmanc

Banned
It's all well and good doing it in one of the worst leagues in Europe but can he do it at the very top.
What's his performances been like in CL for example, against top opposition.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I can see Woodward dropping £80m+ on him, without doubt.

I think it would massage Woodwards ego making up for Ferguson and Gills shortcomings and I think it would massage Pogba's ego being the prodigal son who we pay the earth to bring home.

On top of that its risk free, his resale value is huge. If we drop £80m on him we could get far more than that in return after getting 6 great years out of him.

KiD MoYeS

It's all well and good doing it in one of the worst leagues in Europe but can he do it at the very top.
He's been impressive on the international stage and in continental competitions. Serie A may be a second rate league nowadays, but there's absolutely no denying his talent.

gasmanc

Banned
He's an impressive cv for sure, just not seen much of him personally, since, well you know.

80 million though :eek: Christ pexbo that's some serious muppeteering.

gasmanc

Banned
His agent.
Remember the talk of him when he left us, he's not been moved around much since though. Agents of a certain manner like moving players around for maximum profit, at least until the players marketability settles (see Tevez).

Pogba has stayed put a good while now.

KiD MoYeS

Remember the talk of him when he left us, he's not been moved around much since though. Agents of a certain manner like moving players around for maximum profit, at least until the players marketability settles (see Tevez).

Pogba has stayed put a good while now.
He's been at Juventus for three years now, and I'm pretty sure he'll leave soon.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Juve would accept a 50m bid i reckon. he's the dream cm, our own toure.
They tied him down to a contract in October that runs til 2019. They will be in no rush to accept £50m for a 21 year old.

Walters_19_MuFc

His agent.
Well Pogba's been with Juventus since he left us, so I don't know what makes you feel he wouldn't have still been here. If Pogba leaves Juve, it's nothing to do with his agent, in my opinion (even though he's a pain), but because he'll be wanting to test himself in a tougher league like La Liga or the EPL.

Winrar

I think we all rate him and want him back, the problem is that I can't really see it happening at this point in time.

I do hope he does a Matic or some sort.

"One of the worst leagues in Europe" is a huge exaggeration.

ravi2

I think we all rate him and want him back, the problem is that I can't really see it happening at this point in time.

For that price I don't particularly care for him...we can get both strootman and Gundogan for that price.....midfield sorted.

Winrar

For that price I don't particularly care for him...we can get both strootman and Gundogan for that price.....midfield sorted.
I do agree that 80m is excessive. Unsure how Gundogan has been since his return from injury, though.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

"One of the worst leagues in Europe" is a huge exaggeration.
It's fourth in Europe according to UEFA coefficients behind Spain, England and Portugal although Portugals strong 10/11 season will be lost next year and Italy should move back ahead.

Devil may care

Pex you are on some Moyes buying Fellaini business sense here mate, Pogba's contract as a €60M buyout clause, no need to offer them £80M.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Pex you are on some Moyes buying Fellaini business sense here mate, Pogba's contract as a €60M buyout clause, no need to offer them £80M.
Where did you hear that? You do know he signed a new contract in October?

Hamadovich86

Letting Pogba go might be one of SAF's biggest failures and will continue to sting for a while. He is already one of the best midfielders in the world at the age of 21 and I am almost certain that the day will come when he will be the very best. You might say he had attitude issues and was too demanding but all he wanted was game time and considering the situation back then he should have had more chances.

I honestly dont think he'd comeback to United at any price, seems Madrid/PSG bound to me.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
how the feck do you even begin to think that Italy is one of the worst leagues in Europe?

In Rainbows

Price shouldn't be an issue. If he wants to leave after 4-5 years we'll get back a lot of the money.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Serie A is definitely down there with the likes of the San Marino and Gibraltar leagues. :lol:

Pogba is getting better and better. I actually thought he was overhyped last season, he drifted out of games a lot but saved his performance with a wonder strike or something similar.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
What's all this now? How many leagues do you think Europe has, 4?

GloryHunter07

I can see Woodward dropping £80m+ on him, without doubt.

I think it would massage Woodwards ego making up for Ferguson and Gills shortcomings and I think it would massage Pogba's ego being the prodigal son who we pay the earth to bring home.

On top of that its risk free, his resale value is huge. If we drop £80m on him we could get far more than that in return after getting 6 great years out of him.
What planet the feck are you from?!

There are probably only 3 clubs outside of the Prem that could afford him for over £80m, and that is before FFP.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What's all this now? How many leagues do you think Europe has, 4?
Generally we talk about the 5 big leagues, and there is a big gap between the top 3 (PL, Liga and Bundesliga) and the rest, Pogba is rarely very good in europe.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Generally we talk about the 5 big leagues, and there is a big gap between the top 3 (PL, Liga and Bundesliga) and the rest, Pogba is rarely very good in europe.
Okay, thanks. I'm not sure what that has to do with Serie A being one of the worst leagues in Europe though, which it isn't.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yes just ignore the fact he was very good at the world cup too.

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
how the feck do you even begin to think that Italy is one of the worst leagues in Europe?
Tbf it has declined massively though. You see so many "top" players leaving the Serie A and fail in other countries, then you have many average players going to Italy and suddenly they are superstars like Gervinho or Callejon.
It's not one of the worst by any means but I'm not not sure it's even better than the French League atm.

Yes just ignore the fact he was very good at the world cup too.
I thought he was a bit underwhelming tbh, certainly shouldn't have won that YPOTY vote.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Tbf it has declined massively though. You see so many "top" players leaving the Serie A and fail in other countries, then you have many average players going to Italy and suddenly they are superstars like Gervinho or Callejon.
It's not one of the worst by any means but I'm not not sure it's even better than the French League atm.

I thought he was a bit underwhelming tbh, certainly shouldn't have won that YPOTY vote.
He wasn't underwhelming, he was actually pretty good, I thought James should have got young player though (if he was eligable)
Also regarding Gervinho he didn't have the best time at Arsenal but he was obvioulsy a good player.
Example Forlan failed at United but did well at Athletico he was also obvioulsy a good player, those things happen.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
What planet the feck are you from?!

There are probably only 3 clubs outside of the Prem that could afford him for over £80m, and that is before FFP.
He's a banker ability wise and his value won't go down. In 4 or 5 years transfer fees will only go north. Even if we "only" got £50m for him it would be money well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.