Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemanja nemagic

Was at that Blackburn game...Rafael and Park in centre midfield, new years eve in December '11. I will forever despise Grant Hanley

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
De Gea
Valencia - Jones - Carrick - Evra
Nani - Rafael - Park
Welbeck - Hernandez - Berbatov

I don't blame him for leaving at all.

Edit: Sorry for breaking your lovely interpretation of Let it Go. I've got nothing.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Pogba, it was a long time ago man, let it go.

Let it go, let it go.
He could possibly become one of the greatest midfielders of this generation in a time when we've been crying out for great midfielders.

This won't be "let go" any time soon.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He could possibly become one of the greatest midfielders of this generation in a time when we've been crying out for great midfielders.

This won't be "let go" any time soon.
What I find a bit strange is the fact that whenever Pogba is mentioned - a player who would've been perfect for us in midfield - we're told to just move on and forget about him, whereas it the norm for a lot of people to constantly say we should've kept Welbeck, selling him was a big mistake etc.

ravi2

What I find a bit strange is the fact that whenever Pogba is mentioned - a player who would've been perfect for us in midfield - we're told to just move on and forget about him, whereas it the norm for a lot of people to constantly say we should've kept Welbeck, selling him was a big mistake etc.

I think alot of folks dont believe we can (re) attract Pogba and he is on course for Real.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I also find this some what amusing.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I think alot of folks dont believe we can (re) attract Pogba and he is on course for Real.
True, although since he's just left, there's no way we're going to get back Welbeck either. There's not too much of a difference, even if Pogba is a lot harder to obtain price wise.

ravi2

True, although since he's just left, there's no way we're going to get back Welbeck either. There's not too much of a difference, even if Pogba is a lot harder to obtain price wise.
I think the cries for Welbeck have died down, LVG didnt think him good enough and thats ok with me.
Pogba's agent is greedy as feck, if we pay him more than the rest we'll get Pogba. The question is does LVG think he is worth the £50M+ or whatever it'll take to get him.

OldTrevil

I'm jumping on this muppet train and will embrace any and all positive rumours. Pogba :drool:

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
The cold never bothered him anyway.
He can say that, but all he talks about is how Fergie accidentally froze him out while building pillars beneath him so he could leap higher and higher, er, forward in his development.

Thankfully a little troll named Raiola was able to reinflate his ego, but since then no one has seen him, as there's no Italian football on tv anymore.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
Buy him back, he is going to one of the best midfielders of his era no doubt. I think a £40-£50million bid might do the trick.

Real Madrid can't buy every player in the world now can they?

OldTrevil

Buy him back, he is going to one of the best midfielders of his era no doubt. I think a £40-£50million bid might do the trick.

Real Madrid can't buy every player in the world now can they?
We'll get him with a guaranteed starting position at the club he still loves :drool:. Ed should start working the channels, LVG is already a fan I'm sure.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We would be insane to not sign him again over the fact he left.

Sure it was annoying at the time, but at the end of the day he proved himself right. Who know's if he stayed if he would be the player he is now.

If we spent £60m on Di Maria I think we shouldn't be scared to go that far again to secure a genuine world class to be midfielder.

Trizy

Vidal would've been 27 when we bought him for £50 million (the rumored price) So surely Pogba would be worth it for £50 million at a fine age of 21.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Apparently Real preparing a £77m bid, ha!

Shark

@NotShark
It'd be great of we could pull a 'Matic' alright, although obviously it'd be a much larger fee than he cost Chelsea. Either way, there's no reason why we wouldn't be in for him.

SonnyTheHaloPro

Kroos, Modric, Rodriquez, Khedira and Illaremendi and yet they...........

Carrick, Blind, Herrera, Fellaini, Fletcher have some mercy man!

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
He's pretty much there already, no?
Not imo, I wouldnt rank him up there with Kroos/Modric/Fabregas/Yaya/Rakitic/Schweini etc, he's way too inconsistent and not mature enough in his game, all the pretty goals and tricks are fantastic, but him losing the ball, leaving his man behind etc also should be put into consideration. Also dont think he has enough influence on the pitch amd dictates the play, so I'd rate him in the class just beneath Modric/Kroos etx, but that's just my opinion.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
He's as close to a risk free signing as there is in football. He's the sort of player that would cut it in any league in the world at any level. He's imo the most complete midfielder in world football. People need to judge footballers as individuals rather than which league such a player comes from.
Why do you think that?

SonnyTheHaloPro

Not imo, I wouldnt rank him up there with Kroos/Modric/Fabregas/Yaya/Rakitic/Schweini etc, he's way too inconsistent and not mature enough in his game, all the pretty goals and tricks are fantastic, but him losing the ball, leaving his man behind etc also should be put into consideration. Also dont think he has enough influence on the pitch amd dictates the play, so I'd rate him in the class just beneath Modric/Kroos etx, but that's just my opinion.
He's way better than Rakatic.

SonnyTheHaloPro

Even though I don't know him personally, I know for a fact he didn't leave for money. Put yourself in his situation, you know you're good enough to play and yet Park and Rafael start ahead of you and you don't even get a sub appearance, heck I would have left as well if Juventus was offering me first team football.

I've followed him since he was in our academy, absolutely quality football player. Sign him up!

FujiVice

He thinks he's way better than what he is. And he's in reality really, really great. Like Ronaldo, his self confidence and belief in himself at such a young age is going to make him one of the best players in the world (if he isn't already). Arrogance in football is an underrated quality.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Even though I don't know him personally, I know for a fact he didn't leave for money. Put yourself in his situation, you know you're good enough to play and yet Park and Rafael start ahead of you and you don't even get a sub appearance, heck I would have left as well if Juventus was offering me first team football.

I've followed him since he was in our academy, absolutely quality football player. Sign him up!
There would've been an element of money playing an important part, which is fair enough since he would want to ensure a good wage at a young age, but yeah I agree that he certainly didn't feel he was going to get a lot of chances here, which is a shame when we see his talent now.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Both Welbeck and Pogba have moved on and so should we.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Both Welbeck and Pogba have moved on and so should we.
True, although if we had a chance of signing Pogba, I'd take him since he's a very good midfielder who will in all likelihood continue to improve.

GloryHunter07

He is exactly the right level for us to be recruiting at, age and ability wise. But we should probably just move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.