Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Agree regarding Welbeck but not Pogba. The kid has proved some of the ability that people knew he had. He would add a lot of quality into our play. Why should we 'just move on'? Not sure what the thinking is. A midfield trio of Di Maria Carrick and Pogba would be quality.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
True, although if we had a chance of signing Pogba, I'd take him since he's a very good midfielder who will in all likelihood continue to improve.
If Welbeck improves and becomes a super player at Arsenal, we should sign him too, IMHO. Pogba has shown a lot of promise, he's a good player and if we want him, we'll sign him back. Chelsea signed Matic after selling him cheaply.

Personally, I think Pogba is just teasing to get a good contract. Juve are not exactly a big selling point at the moment and knowing his agent, he's already hawking his client to multiple clubs. These sort of interviews help him to be on the spotlight.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I can see Woodward dropping £80m+ on him, without doubt.

I think it would massage Woodwards ego making up for Ferguson and Gills shortcomings and I think it would massage Pogba's ego being the prodigal son who we pay the earth to bring home.

On top of that its risk free, his resale value is huge. If we drop £80m on him we could get far more than that in return after getting 6 great years out of him.
With this man as his agent, it's more likely his contract will be run down and he'd leave for cheap to PSG or Real in return for a hefty sum of money for the agent.

Walters_19_MuFc

Last edited:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
If Welbeck improves and becomes a super player at Arsenal, we should sign him too, IMHO. Pogba has shown a lot of promise, he's a good player and if we want him, we'll sign him back. Chelsea signed Matic after selling him cheaply.

Personally, I think Pogba is just teasing to get a good contract. Juve are not exactly a big selling point at the moment and knowing his agent, he's already hawking his client to multiple clubs. These sort of interviews help him to be on the spotlight.
I'd agree, although there's not a lot to suggest with Welbeck right now that he's going to be all that much better at Arsenal than he was here, and he was deemed surplus to requirements here. Pogba may be teasing for a big contract, but if that contract is offered elsewhere, he probably won't hesitate to take it. Unfortunately, Real Madrid strikes me as the most likely destination for him.

Ringo 07

You can bet your house that Pogba and the Italian mafia agent are going to use our interest in him as a way to get a bigger deal at Madrid or City. If he comes to England then City will offer Juve Yaya Toure, Jovetic and crazy wages to land him. But perhaps he'll fancy Madrid. I think they are the only two clubs that he will consider signing for....would love to see him here though.....but Sneiderlin and Strootman in the summer are much more realistic for us now

gaucho_10

Raiola will surely want him back at United for obscene amount of money. Nothing else can make him bigger, nothing else has the potential to be the bigger story, the bigger success, the bigger $$ for everyone involved.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
You're the last thing we think about at night and the first thing we think about in the morning, Paul xx

Oo0AahCantona

Yes I have seen him play and Pogba is clearly better imo.
I agree with that, as much as we hate it, Pogba is already one of the top midfielders in the world everything he does just oozes class and hes still an absolute baby. He's an absolute guarantee to be one of the best players in the world for a long time provided he doesnt get a career ending injury.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Will he finally move to top league to prove he is one of the most overrated players in the world?

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Pogba has everything in his locker to be the best in the world. As a Juve supporter I have watched quite a lot of him.

He has been our best player in a lot of games this season carrying us at times on his own.

Then there are the games where he is just trying too hard and trying really tough passes when there is a much simpler option on and losing possession unnecessarily.

He will go for close to 100 million when he inevitably leaves us I believe, he will be worth every penny of it though as I'm sure he will be the best in the world at some point in his career.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Am I the only one who doesn't think he'll go to City?
You don't say you love United if you plan to move to City in 6 months, do you?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Am I the only one who doesn't think he'll go to City?
You don't say you love United if you plan to move to City in 6 months, do you?
Michael Owen and Alan Smith came to United. Of course he would go to City. It's a job.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Michael Owen and Alan Smith came to United. Of course he would go to City. It's a job.
Owen wasn't professing his love for Liverpool before he came here. Alan Smith I'll give you, but he'd just been relegated iirc.

Owen and Smith were both in desperate situations, kind of. One didn't have a club and jumped at the chance of any to club being interested and one had the choice of championship or champions. Obvious choices in both cases.

Pogba won't be desperate, he'll have his pick. Whoever offers the most is where he ends up, imo.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I'm not sure Pogba is the midfielder we need. Schneiderlin/Vidal/Strootman should be the targets, players who give their all!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Owen wasn't professing his love for Liverpool before he came here. Alan Smith I'll give you, but he'd just been relegated iirc.

Owen and Smith were both in desperate situations, kind of. One didn't have a club and jumped at the chance of any to club being interested and one had the choice of championship or champions. Obvious choices in both cases.

Pogba won't be desperate, he'll have his pick. Whoever offers the most is where he ends up, imo.
That's my point.

Clas Sified

C'mon. I thought we had already moved over him!
We had. We're back now. You break up with an ex, you think you've done the better thing, but the ex becomes hotter in her new relationship. After a few years she professes her love for you and her current relationship is on the rocks. Who wouldn't want someone like that back?
Actually, that analogy makes Pogba sound like a slut.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Pogba has everything in his locker to be the best in the world. As a Juve supporter I have watched quite a lot of him.

He has been our best player in a lot of games this season carrying us at times on his own.

Then there are the games where he is just trying too hard and trying really tough passes when there is a much simpler option on and losing possession unnecessarily.

He will go for close to 100 million when he inevitably leaves us I believe, he will be worth every penny of it though as I'm sure he will be the best in the world at some point in his career.
I think he'll fo for half that, and that would be a good transfer fee. I think he's very good, but 100M? Nah.

EDIT: unless you're talking in former Italian lira? :D

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Based on reputation, 35-50 million I reckon. Noone spends 80-100 million on a central midfielder.

IrishLegend

Would he qualify as home grown / trained at club if he moved back here?

If yes I'd definitely bring him back here for 50m! Hell even if he isn't i'd bring him back here. Mistake corrected!

Trizy

Based on reputation, 35-50 million I reckon. Noone spends 80-100 million on a central midfielder.
£50m anyway. Ronaldo/Bale money goes on Ronaldo and Bale type players and goal scorers from a non striker position. As good as he is and his potential we should snatch him up now, his value will only rise the better he gets,until he's 24-25 anyway.

Ananke

If he's saying this now, he's looking for a better contract or looking to get away. Either way, we need to be on it.

He's far too young and too good to leave alone. And he has unfinished business here.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
If he's saying this now, he's looking for a better contract or looking to get away. Either way, we need to be on it.

He's far too young and too good to leave alone. And he has unfinished business here.
Didn't he sign one last year?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

If yes I'd definitely bring him back here for 50m! Hell even if he isn't i'd bring him back here. Mistake corrected!
I'm not sure for definite, but I think it'd be unlikely. Doubt a player can qualify if they leave a club and then return in the future, but it's a good question nevertheless.

Redo91

He literally signed one a few months ago. Allegri has said that he won't be going this month but he doesn't know what will happen in the summer. Everything points to him leaving then and I think we will be in with a shout.

crimsonife

Nope, the rule states the player has to have been here for 3 entire seasons/36 months. He was three months away from having that status and so didn't fulfill either condition. Wouldn't change my mind on any potential transfer though.

Mani

We had. We're back now. You break up with an ex, you think you've done the better thing, but the ex becomes hotter in her new relationship. After a few years she professes her love for you and her current relationship is on the rocks. Who wouldn't want someone like that back?
Actually, that analogy makes Pogba sound like a slut.
But will that work? with demands from his existing club and agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.