Paul Scholes | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He shouldn't have retired last year, I feel. It made no sense when he was still our only creative force in midfield and still pretty decent at that. It'd take him a while to get back to match fitness after seven months away from football though so I cannot see it.

kietotheworld

He shouldn't have retired last year, I feel. It made no sense when he was still our only creative force in midfield and still pretty decent at that. It'd take him a while to get back to match fitness after seven months away from football though so I cannot see it.
He was declining rapidly, became a liability towards the end, particularly in that FA Cup game against Manchester City. It's tempting to remember him at the start of the season, and the end of the previous one where he was an absolute joy to behold, but that wasn't the reality towards the end.

Crustanoid

If he doesn't come back, lock this thread, delete it and kill the OP....using any means necessary

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
I could bum him to death.

And the last thing we want is bring back an old (albeit pretty good)player to this shower of shite that we have been playing in the last weeks. Better reinforce before next season.

redpie

It would be embarrassing to see Scholes return. On the pitch it would help us out a bit but frankly Ferguson does not deserve it.

Cold_Boy

I know there is almost no chance.

But please god let this miracle happen.

I would cry with joy to see Scholes back in action.

Red_Aaron

Can't see it happening but I'm loving the fantasy

He comes straight out of retirement, starts on Sunday, schools every mutha on the pitch whilst we cruise through and then he retires straight after and is back coaching the kids on Monday morning

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
It would be embarrassing to see Scholes return. On the pitch it would help us out a bit but frankly Ferguson does not deserve it.
Heat of the moment post i hope, probably fuelled by a few bevvies?

Take a deep breath mate & look what Fergie has done for us. Cleverely was gonna be the player we needed, its just rotten luck. He'll be back soon tho, so calm down big lad - calm down - calm down :D

lysglimt

Scout
Paul Scholes could probably manage nicely in matches like Bolton or Blackburn at home (sigh)

But honestly - Scholes would have no chance against good teams especially away - he was struggling last season for pace, and now he isn't even matchfit.

And what signal would it send to the younger players - we would rather use a 37 year old who resigned the summer before and lacks match-practice, than an ambitious 19 year old.

Ferguson has to think a bit further ahead than 1 month - and using Scholes could have damaging effects on the young players.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Another story... won't happen simply because it would damage our other midfielders, and young Morrison and Pogba.

A retired midfielder is back, because you are all shite / not ready.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Steve Bruce has some slots available in his diary if we suffer any further defensive injuries.

kps88

Another story... won't happen simply because it would damage our other midfielders, and young Morrison and Pogba.

A retired midfielder is back, because you are all shite / not ready.
Won't happen but that's certainly not the reason.

Same as playing a Brazilian right back and Korean winger in midfield because you are all shite/not ready.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Won't happen but that's certainly not the reason.

Same as playing a Brazilian right back and Korean winger in midfield because you are all shite/not ready.
I think there's a difference between playing Rafael & Park in midfield and a retired 37-year old footballer.

pauldyson1uk

WTF is this crap are you for real :rolleyes:

You know the more I read this the more it pisses me off , You need to come on here and explain what SAF does not deserve.

You may be just a troll put out shit like this and want somebody to bite , well I have bitten , you cant just say shit like this and run :mad:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think there's a difference between playing Rafael & Park in midfield and a retired 37-year old footballer.
Yes, playing a retired 37-year old who was a midfielder all his career still makes more sense than playing Rafael there.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
No thanks, I love Scholesy to bits but his engine is long gone, that was clear in the final months of his career and I doubt things have changed 6 months or so into his retirement.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
I tell you what he'd have helped against Blackburn.

Not against Newcastle, he won't have had the legs for that kind of midfield scrap, but against sides who effectively just park the bus he'd still be lethal for us.

Not saying he should come out of retirement mind you, just that it wouldn't be disastrous if he was used properly.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Our issue in midfield is the lack of fight and ability to retain the ball by hassling the opponent, which I dont think Scholesy would help us with anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.