Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I knew it, it was obvious that Paulo Dybala's stance towards staying at Juventus had changed after we pulled out of the deal due to his discussions with Maurizio Sarri and yet we still didn't go back in for him. It's a disgrace, that we let our own greed and pride get in the way of potentially pulling off one of the best deals this club has made. Instead our rivals played it smart, waited it out and swooped in when it became clear the deal was more doable.

And yet here is our club, selling the player to a club that has screwed us over in the past plus the majority of our fans were also celebrating not too long ago over the fact that it didn't look like we were selling the player to them. But it's OK though, cause even if we do sign someone it will be a cheaper alternative and the Glazer family will probably pocket the majority of the money that remains. Oh and we can always keep reiterating that the player didn't have that "Man United DNA" to make ourselves feel better as well.
Daniel James has United DNA

Just a shame he’s average

Mercurial

It will really hurt if Spurs sign him...
Could be that Poch being from Argentina tips it in their favor? I would imagine Dybala forced to making a compromise on salary in order to facilitate a move like this? Unless Spurs are ready to upend their wage structure?

To him and the pop entourage we must seem like a burned out Winterfell if the deal materializes this way. Pretty sure he is a missmatch to this team, would have loved if we got a classy ball playing DM this window or next instead.

Eddy_JukeZ

Daniel James has United DNA

Just a shame he’s average
He's already been hyped up loads by various posters on the caf, but he's been the most disappointing player for me in pre-season.

I was expecting someone with more quality.

And he might be a mainstay in the first XI.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
As I wrote two days ago, Dybala wouldn't look for the big wages he was after when negotiating with United. The risk of signing with a team in EL with an unproven manager is too big and the wages must be crazy to cover for it. Pochettino and CL football is less of a risk. IF he signs for them, which is still a big IF, his wages won't be astronomical, more in the region of 250k.
That still would make him one of, if not the top earner at their club though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’d be surprised if they did completely change their wage structure for Dybala. Surely it will mean people like Kane and Alli will want even more too?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Could be that Poch being from Argentina tips it in their favor? I would imagine Dybala forced to making a compromise on salary in order to facilitate a move like this? Unless Spurs are ready to upend their wage structure?

To him and the pop entourage we must seem like a burned out Winterfell if the deal materializes this way. Pretty sure he is a missmatch to this team, would have loved if we got a classy ball playing DM this window or next instead.
Spoiler that shit ffs.

Treble

It could but more so the fact that Pochettino is highly rated anyway.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Bloody hell this just might happen, no way would we still be negotiating this close to the deadline day. Apparently we have agreed personal terms and transfer fee, its just the commercial rights. :drool: I hop the little shit doesn't flop if he comes, a fee of under £65M :eek:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I’d be surprised if they did completely change their wage structure for Dybala. Surely it will mean people like Kane and Alli will want even more too?
I doubt they will have to

Terminator

This is really painful goddamn it. Will be a constant reminder of our failures if he ends up at spurs and ends up being top class.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He's already been hyped up loads by various posters on the caf, but he's been the most disappointing player for me in pre-season.

He’s a speed merchant no more

No discernible technical quality and it’s obvious his ceiling isn’t particularly high - he’ll go on to have a Valencia / Young type career for us if we are lucky

This shit sums up where we are as a club and I’m not going to sit here and pretend to be excited about it

We are a joke

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Bloody hell this just might happen, no way would we still be negotiating this close to the deadline day. Apparently we have agreed personal terms and transfer fee, its just the commercial rights. :drool: I hop the little shit doesn't flop if he comes, a fee of under £65M :eek:
Would he not be 350k a week? Surely Kane isn’t even on that?

Where would he fit for you? Ali moved to the bench?

BarstoolProphet

And that's the problem with signing only him for our offensive positions which means we expect too much of him instead of let him just adjust to the level while others carry the burden.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

No discernible technical quality and it’s obvious his ceiling isn’t particularly high - he’ll go on to have a Valencia / Young type career for us if we are lucky

This shit sums up where we are as a club and I’m not going to sit here and pretend to be excited about it

We are a joke
that's how I see it as well.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
They'd have to pay massive fees to two agents and a huge wage and have a battle over image rights...for a player who is effectively being forced to move. Doesn't sound very Levy or Pochettino like to me.

Nothing about this Dybala thing has made much sense though. I'd have been very wary of us signing him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I don't really get it.

If we didn't sign him because he didn't really want to play in the PL, why does he suddenly want to play in the PL now?

If we didn't sign him 'cos he wants a crazy wage, how on earth are Spurs affording said crazy wage with their tight wage structure?

If we didn't sign him because the deal is too complex with this image rights shit, how have Spurs managed to sort it out?

I don't really get it.

Esquire

I agree with a lot of you about the ineptitude of Ed. But to be fair, it just sounds like Dybala wants to play for Spurs and Poch a fellow Argentine. No matter how much we want to disbelieve, Spurs do have a better team at the moment and they have CL football.

So if he really didn’t fancy us, I actually agree with the Club that it makes no sense to pursue the deal and land another Di Maria. We have enough mercenaries as it is.

At the end of the day the Spurs are just a better fit and we have to accept that.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
If Spurs pull this off then that's really a new low for Ed Woodward & United . I just hope that it doesn't happen but ornstein is the most reliable journalist around

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Spurs looking to sign our rejects?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

He would fit in well as we do actually play with a second striker (Dele, Lucas, Son role) around Kane, Id say Dele will be he main competition (he needs it). He wont be on £350K that's for sure, not even with all bonuses but he will probably be equal to Kane.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Kane is on around £200k per week - don't think they'll immediately make Dybala their highest earner so if he goes to Spurs, I expect him to earn a little less than £200k.

fps

While I didn't want Dybala coming to United if he didn't want to, seeing him go to Tottenham would really sting, it suggests a changing of the guard in terms of PL hierarchy.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don't really get it.

If we didn't sign him because he didn't really want to play in the PL, why does he suddenly want to play in the PL now?

If we didn't sign him 'cos he wants a crazy wage, how on earth are Spurs affording said crazy wage with their tight wage structure?

If we didn't sign him because the deal is too complex with this image rights shit, how have Spurs managed to sort it out?

I don't really get it
You do, you just don't want to admit it, it was an Ed Woodward breifing to control the narrative. Dybala simply didn't want to play for us in the Europa League for an inexperienced manager and would rather play for Spurs under Poch

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So, it's not the money.
Probably not since the figures mentioned aren't special. People will have a hard time accepting it but it's the club and its circumstances. We may like Ole but he is a nobody in the managerial world and for a team that has struggled to qualify for CL, let alone perform in it, it's a massive issue because outsiders have no reason to believe that this club is on the right track. The club could be on the right track but it's not visible from the outside.

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't really get it.

I don't really get it.
Ed Woodward.

If Spurs sign him, Woodward has a lot to answer for.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
While I didn't want Dybala coming to United if he didn't want to, seeing him go to Tottenham would really sting, it suggests a changing of the guard in terms of PL hierarchy.
The guard changed ages ago
We are now completely irrelevant

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
They'd have to pay massive fees to two agents and a huge wage and have a battle over image rights...for a player who is effectively being forced to move. Doesn't sound very Levy or Pochettino like to me.

Nothing about this Dybala thing has made much sense though. I'd have been very wary of us signing him.
According to mainstream sources personal terms are agreed, its just the commercial rights, if Dybala wants to come it will be sorted if not he wont.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Looks like he isn't a mercenary, we just aren't an attractive prospect to him. People need to wake up and smell the coffee if they think we can keep having average seasons missing out on CL and remain attractive to top players because of our history and money.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I don't really get it.

I don't really get it.
He has offered to play for free and actually pay Spurs in order to play for the club and play at their new stadium.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Kane is on around £200k per week - don't think they'll immediately make Dybala their highest earner so if he goes to Spurs, I expect him to earn a little less than £200k.
All the noise around him was that he wanted 11m a year, that’s quite a come down from him if true.

Maybe it just proves that the journos are fabricating an awful lot.

Red_toad

We are a joke
I'm amazed at how good Valencia was 2011/12 and it's just been forgotten by some people just think of him as average. He was a very good signing for United, people are clouded with his last few years at the club.

Gee Male

I don't really get it.

I don't really get it.
I'll believe it when he has signed for Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.