Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He would fit in well as we do actually play with a second striker (Dele, Lucas, Son role) around Kane, Id say Dele will be he main competition (he needs it). He wont be on £350K that's for sure, not even with all bonuses but he will probably be equal to Kane.
Interesting, fair play to you, signing a class player. Hope he flops...

CallyRed

Beaten to a signing by Spurs.

Grandad predicted this would be the first sign of the apocalypse.

Hammondo

Right so if this is true .. what was the point in submitting an official bid? A conversation beforehand about whether it was even remotely possible we could meet his wage demands would have avoided us wasting time on it.

Again, like I said previously .. just doesn't smell right to me at all. Levy is many things but not an idiot, he knows when a deal isn't going to be possible. Everyone could see we wouldn't meet the wage demands.
There are restrictions on talking to the players though until you have dealt with the club first.

SaintMuppet

I don’t really want him but to see a player prefer Spurs for less money sends a big signal that even Ed can’t ignore.

It’s sad n depressing day if he goes there as we have joined the irrelevant. I just hope people stop crying ‘we are man united’ and expecting the seas to part...

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
You do, you just don't want to admit it, it was an Ed Woodward breifing to control the narrative. Dybala simply didn't want to play for us in the Europa League for an inexperienced manager and would rather play for Spurs under Poch
But at the time Spurs' weren't even in for him and Juve had accepted our deal.... so at the time it wasn't an "us or them" choice for him

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
According to mainstream sources personal terms are agreed, its just the commercial rights, if Dybala wants to come it will be sorted if not he wont.
What mainstream sources? Please, elaborate. We are all listening.

dileno

Lads, it's Tottenham. You know, the team players these days prefer to United. When we sacked Mou, at the time a CL spot was impossible, magically we somehow had it in our hands two months later and blew it anyway - and that's what cost us, together with the fact few care about playing for Solskjaer.

If Dybala deal fell through because of his salary demands, good luck with Levy though.. however Spurs can offer CL football, which we obviously cannot.

Roboc7

This is what we have to get used to now, few years ago it would be unthinkable a player like this would turn us down for Spurs but reality is other than a bigger salary we have less to offer at this moment.

Time for trading off the Utd history has gone now, need something else to help recruit players, until club realises it this will keep happening. Whilst Spurs are getting Dybala, we will either get bent over buying Mandzukic m or take a cast off like Llorente on a free.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
I remember when my United are a has been thread got locked yesterday.

Good times.

lsd

The Oracle
Spurs are a champions league club in London with champions league money.

Off course Dybala is going to like them a lot more than us.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
But at the time Spurs' weren't even in for him and Juve had accepted our deal.... so at the time it wasn't an "us or them" choice for him
Not true, Spurs made a bid before we did, it hadn't been accepted yet and the upped their bid once Dybala refused to sign for us (or we pulled out) depending on who to believe.

Spurs were actually linked with Dybala before we were

Kush

BBC and Sky Sports.
That BBC article from Ornstein says Spurs are close to reaching an agreement, not that personal terms have been agreed. It has been a sticking point in this transfer for a while now. There is nothing on SkySports either.

Muppetry is getting the better of you. :wenger:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
All the noise around him was that he wanted 11m a year, that’s quite a come down from him if true.

Maybe it just proves that the journos are fabricating an awful lot.
He didn't ask for that. It was just leaked by Woodward to save face because we couldn't afford him.

Woodward wanted cash for Lukaku to balance the books.

Cassidy

That BBC article from Ornstein says Spurs are close to reaching an agreement, not that personal terms have been agreed. It has been a sticking point in this transfer for a while now. There is nothing on SkySports either.

Close to reaching an agreement on the personal terms yes. The fee was already agreed with Juve

Judas

Open to offers
Spurs are a champions league club in London with champions league money.

Off course Dybala is going to like them a lot more than us.
Do you not find that deeply troubling and worrying that the gap is in all likelihood just getting wider? Or should we all just pretend everything is alright.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't really get it.

If we didn't sign him because he didn't really want to play in the PL, why does he suddenly want to play in the PL now?

If we didn't sign him 'cos he wants a crazy wage, how on earth are Spurs affording said crazy wage with their tight wage structure?

If we didn't sign him because the deal is too complex with this image rights shit, how have Spurs managed to sort it out?

I don't really get it.
This really. The whole saga has been so odd. So have many this year.

mu4c_20le

The news that everything has been agreed except image rights had been doing the rounds for hours before BBC's "breaking news". Even the most reliable mainstream sources are clickbaiting now.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He didn't ask for that. It was just leaked by Woodward to save face because we couldn't afford him.

Woodward wanted cash for Lukaku to balance the books.
I'm pretty sure that money wasn't the issue with Dybala.

future2future

The only thing we can hope for is a, although unexpected, good season where we finish top 4 so we can up our player level again next year and show them they've written off United too soon.

It is rather painful that a player like Dybala prefers to play for Spurs instead of us. Hope we can prove him wrong, but they are doing great business this transfer window.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

You don't think it will happen?

Kush

Close to reaching an agreement on the personal terms yes. The fee was already agreed with Juve
They agreed a fee on Tuesday itself, Juve are not a problem in this transfer. Its Dybalas' wages which are €7.5m net approx £300k a week. Then there's an issue revolving his image rights.

This is not the first time Levy has given high hopes to Spurs fans of almost signing a top player. I'll believe and give them their due credit when its done.

You don't think it will happen?
Not unless your tight chairman is willing to destroy wage structure.

Like I said, if you pull it off I'll be the first in here to congratulate for pulling a proper big boy move. But, I've been here before with Levy and how he plays in the market.

Cassidy

Do you not find that deeply troubling and worrying that the gap is in all likelihood just getting wider? Or should we all just pretend everything is alright.
Apparently if you voice such concerns you're a plastic fan... This has been coming over a number of years now and we need to act soon

Cassidy

They agreed a fee on Tuesday itself, Juve are not a problem in this transfer. Its Dybalas' wages which are €7.5m net approx £350k a week. Then there's an issue revolving his image rights.

This is not the first time Levy has given high hopes to Spurs fans of almost signing a top player. I'll believe and give them their due credit when its done.
You're maths are completely wrong. Its actually around 210k a week gross
The 350k a week was the number mentioned that he was asking from United.

Cassidy

If money wasn't the issue then we would have moved on, on other, more realistic targets.
Like we did last season with Maguire? Or you choosing to think that the club all of a sudden became competent?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Spurs at in the same position that we were - haggling image rights.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Son, Kane, Dybala, Lucas

Whereas somewhere in Manchester:
Martial, Rashford, Lingard and Mata

Let that sink in.

swred

He could really solve our additional creativity problem in midfield, there's obviously concerns with signing South American players, as they rarely turn good at Utd.
It'll be a bitter pill to swallow if he signs for Spurs & tears up the league next year.
Surely his agent fees can't be THAT ridiculous if Spurs are willing to close a deal, as they don't like spending big wages or fees on anyone.

Kush

You're maths are completely wrong. Its actually around 210k a week gross
The 350k a week was the number mentioned that he was asking from United.
I dunno where you are pulling that figure from. €15million annually divided by 52 weeks gets me €288k a week. That is his wage at Juve right now.

He wanted £10m net from us i.e. £350k a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.