Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
One of my favourite players... A good age to be buying him and he seems pretty good value

But...

There is something nagging away and I'm not convinced he's what we need right now

I just don't see how he fits into a formation that suits other players or him.

He could play on the right of a front three but it is not his most natural role

He could play as a centre forward perhaps a little like firminiho with a focus on dropping for deep and creating for wide players (martial and rashford?) ... But I think rashford is better suited to a central role

He could play as a no10 with rashford ahead and 2 wide players... But then we have pogba in a midfield 2 which I don't think gives him the freedom to be at his best.

Perhaps ole has a cunning plan... And I hope so because I think he's a great player but I just can't quite picture it at the moment

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If we're signing him then one would hope the role we have in mind for him is one that a) suits him perfectly and b) was already part of our tactical plans. As opposed to it being a "too good to pass up" signing.

If we but him and stick him in the RW spot then I will be less than impressed.

izec

Another Argie being sold against his will and practically forced to come here? Yep definitely another Di Maria but you just know somewhere Ed is sat with a stonking hard on thinking of the merch :rolleyes:
Ed is not buying them if Ole doesnt want them. Ole wants him, simple as

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Di Maria's heart was not 100% in it but tbf he was never going to be a success the way LVG used him and the style of football we played. Meanwhile, Dybala would be coming into a more suitable attacking system.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Time for a thread title change? “Waiting on flight tracker status”?

I couldn’t come up with any joke titles on short notice...

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7

Not to mention Ole saying in his Molde days he’d love to add “top top players like Dybala or Ronaldo” any given chance

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He may still reject us by all accounts.
I think there is more chance of that happening if Juve still wanted to keep him and we are the only ones pushing for the deal. But they want him out. And there doesn’t seem to be another club in for him.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I think there is more chance of that happening if Juve still wanted to keep him and we are the only ones pushing for the deal. But they want him out. And there doesn’t seem to be another club in for him.
Spurs were in for him wasn't they?

izec

He may still reject us by all accounts.
They want him gone, the higher ups and Sarri. The fans want him to stay. At the end of the day he will leave and we are there to pick him up. He can reject us, but he might be sitting on the bench for plenty of games

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Yep.

Juvé are going haywire and are ready to mortgage their future to go all in for a CL win this season. Just look at the Kean signing without a buy back clause and now willing to ship out Dybala for more goals after 1 write off season where it wasn’t even his fault because the team played totally different from years past.

Red_Orchestra

I hope he isn't another Alexis Sanchez where he won't fit in any position.
Where will Dybala play anyway?

Highfather_24

Seems like a square peg for round hole situation. Doesn’t seem like a played Ole would go for, and doesnt really fit any position in the 4-2-3-1.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
One of my favourite players... A good age to be buying him and he seems pretty good value

But...

There is something nagging away and I'm not convinced he's what we need right now

I just don't see how he fits into a formation that suits other players or him.

He could play on the right of a front three but it is not his most natural role

He could play as a centre forward perhaps a little like firminiho with a focus on dropping for deep and creating for wide players (martial and rashford?) ... But I think rashford is better suited to a central role

He could play as a no10 with rashford ahead and 2 wide players... But then we have pogba in a midfield 2 which I don't think gives him the freedom to be at his best.

Perhaps ole has a cunning plan... And I hope so because I think he's a great player but I just can't quite picture it at the moment
Aye

Status
Not open for further replies.