Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneStar

I'm not going to believe this till I see it.

Dybala on a swap deal for Lukaku? In what world? How??

Also Ronaldo and Lukaku playing together. I will be watching all the matches to see how Ronaldo reacts to Lukaku pointing to his feet :lol:

Sanche7

We have more pressing needs than to go and sign two CFs. Signing one to replace the outgoing Lukaku is good enough. We still need a CB.
Well of rumors are to be believed, we agreed everything with Yedder, so if we have the money, it's just a formality.

NJM78

It's either Bruno or Dybala. Both make no sense at all.
One is a forward the other a midfielder though.

If Pogba stays I would see something like

Martial Rashford Dybala
Pogba McT Fernandes

With a signing like Maguire added to AWB we will be a lot better at the back. People will be quick to moan about being open but did you see us last season, hot knife through butter. At least with this level of talent and creativity we’d solve our useless goals for stats and failure to open up even the bottom half teams once Pogba gets crowded out. Lingard, Mata and Matic are simply not good enough unless we are happy being a top 6 team.

Jacob

One is a forward the other a midfielder though.

If Pogba stays I would see something like

Martial Rashford Dybala
Pogba McT Fernandes

With a signing like Maguire added to AWB we will be a lot better at the back. People will be quick to moan about being open but did you see us last season, hot knife through butter, at least with this level of talent and creativity we’d solve our useless goals for stats and failure to open up even the bottom half teams once Pogba gets crowded out. Lingard, Mata and Matic are simply not good enough unless we are happy being a top 6 team.
I don't think Ole would play him on the right. He must've learned the lesson with Mata.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
People are overstating him wanting to stay at Juve. Nothing like being told you're expendable though. First hand experience.

Also AdM was different situation due to him being arguably the best RM player besides Ronaldo that season. He came in and started really well. He was playing exactly like he was for Real but then lvg put a stop to that. And on top of that he had him playing in every position upfront. In short Lvg was as much at fault for AdM as him not being particularly keen on United.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Not sure how I feel about this. Feels very much like the Di Maria transfer. In fact likely even a bigger risk considering he's coming off the back of a disappointing season whereas Di Maria was one of the best players in the world the season before we signed him.
Di Maria was exactly what we needed. He was tearing it up here but then some misfortunate events and a poor character on his end.

Not everyone has that bad of an attitude

Andy_Cole

Why can’t we get both? It doesn’t stop City stock piling. Look at Bernardo Silva, barely played in his first season and was outstanding last year. We need to add quality players to our squad and get rid of deadwood.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I think I'd rather we got the money for Lukaku to spend elsewhere. Signing another forward that still doesn't solve our RW issue doesn't seem a good idea.

Eddy_JukeZ

I think I'd rather we got the money for Lukaku to spend elsewhere. Signing another forward that still doesn't solve our RW issue doesn't seem a good idea.
There is no forward available to solve our right sided issue.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I think we want sancho next season so will make do with our options

Andy_Cole

That’s the issue though. We’d likely just pocket the money and not spend elsewhere.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Agreed, balance is ruined if we play with a second striker and a CAM.
Whilst I'm in agreement, do you reckon Ole will play two up top? I can see one of Rashford or Martial (probably Rashford like today) operating on the left wing.

Green_Red

I think this guy would be a fantastic addition to our squad and would be an instant starter. Id still want us to get a solid CB too though. But Dybala would be a great signing.

Eddy_JukeZ

Why can’t we get both? It doesn’t stop City stock piling. Look at Bernardo Silva, barely played in his first season and was outstanding last year. We need to add quality players to our squad and get rid of deadwood.
It'd exceed that 100 million budget if you believe that to be true.

I'd rather sign a holding midfielder after Dybala. We need 1 badly.

NJM78

I don't think Ole would play him on the right. He must've learned the lesson with Mata.
I watch a lot of Italian football, have done since the David Platt days. But you can see yourself just in highlight reels he is very comfortable on the right. Also he is left footed so it allows him to cut in and shoot, for sure he is not a winger by any means but we have no target man so not necessary. Plus the front three could interchange and Dybala could be like a false 9 or even spear heading a midfield as a 10.

It probably won’t happen but I would love it to be an option for Ole. James and the rest are squad players. We need to close the gap on the teams above and running more but with the same level of talent is not going to make a big difference.

Eddy_JukeZ

Whilst I'm in agreement, do you reckon Ole will play two up top? I can see one of Rashford or Martial (probably Rashford like today) operating on the left wing.
He might use both of them out wide(with freedom to come inside) and Dybala as the central link-up.

I think we used that similar structure vs Spurs at Wembley(Lingard was central then).

Kag

I still don’t see the viewpoint that this lad doesn’t fit our needs.

Lukaku isn’t long for United. Ole wants to play with Rashford and Martial through the centre. We don’t have a player that can play behind the striker (Lingard being Lingard) and we lack a left footed goalscorer that is versatile enough to play across the front. Dybala is exactly this player.

It still leaves scope to sign an exciting right winger when the right player arises. That player isn’t really available, clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.