Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

I’m a little less enthusiastic now that i see the tweets of him isn’t that enthusiastic himself of coming here. I would have thought he would want to come without much convincing because his current club doesn’t want him, he knows we are a historic club and one of his mates is here
Leaving a Juve side that's got Ronaldo and done the business they did this summer will not be an easy pill to swallow, especially as he does seem to adore the club. The option being touted is then a Man United in a six year slump and thus far, modest transfer window with an inexperienced manager. It's on us to convince him of the short term. I doubt he has any qualms about the history and honor of playing for United, as was evident from his IG post last season.

SATA

Perhaps this is his way of showing that he's being pushed out of Juve as opposed to agitating for the move.
I don’t know mate but reports are everywhere that Juve and Sarri are blatantly pushing him out themselves, i mean why would he care about that anyway if that’s what they done to him

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If he wants to stay at Juve that's cool. Rather him being honest with himself and I rather us not look like a club that's grovelling and begging a player to join purely for financial gain.

Now if Dybala doesn't want to join then,if Juve really are desperate for Lukaku's services, it has to be money upfront or in instalments. There's no other Juve player I would want in return. Dybala,money or nothing.
I dunno I'd gladly take De Ligt or Ronaldo for Lukaku ;)

Hackman2210

How many more Argentinian playmakers are we going to buy and then sell on due to underperforming? Veron, Di Maria, Heinze to an extent. Fool me once - shame on me, fool me twice shame on you, fool me three times - I'm thick as a bulls knob.

Last edited by a moderator:

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Not sure if this is a goer tbh

Not sure Juve are this dumb. I don’t think he’d willingly give up life in Turin for Manchester.

Shades of Di Maria I think
Yes. I really like Dybala as a player even if he doesn't fit most modern tactics but i just can't imagine he will be very motivated playing for United right now besides a huge wage increase. That works too for the first couple months but it may eventually turn out a Di Maria or, worse, a Sanchez.

Rish Sawhney

:lol: it was a joke about how we've had a few shit argentinians at the club.
And a few good ones too. Tevez and Heinze ended poorly but they had successful terms here. Tevez was a big part in our CL win. So really we've had a couple of shit Argentinians, and more than a couple of shit Englishmen. Maybe we should stop playing english players too.

Snafu17

I'm not particularly sold on this transfer but not every player is going to be the same as Di Maria. Reasonably professional football players also exist.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Goal.com reporter treated as gospel on Twitter. Wake me up when the window ends.

Nick7

And a few good ones too. Tevez and Heinze ended poorly but they had successful terms here. Tevez was a big part in our CL win. So really we've had a couple of shit Argentinians, and more than a couple of shit Englishmen. Maybe we should stop playing english players too.
:wenger:
Goal.com reporter treated as gospel on Twitter. Wake me up when the window ends.
Decently reliable reporters can work for shite websites. It's hardly impossible.

Halftrack

I read somewhere 10-12m euros. Lukaku is on 8/9m euros at United.
Lukaku is on 8-9m gross. Reports on Dybala's wage demands come from Italy, where wages are reported net. So Dybala's asking for more than twice of what Lukaku's on.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
4 goals and 5 assists from the RW in the league last year would suggest he’s not as flexible as you’re suggesting. Those are Lingard/Mata numbers. We don’t need a number 10. I don’t recall anybody on here saying at the end of last year that a number 10 was what we needed. People are just desperately wanting us to sign players now for the sake of it.
People weren't talking about a #10 as most of us assumed we would be playing 433 which doesn't have that position. But this preseason it's obvious that Ole is having us play 4231, in which case our options for that role are basically Lingard or Mata (possibly Pereira or Gomes as well, but I doubt we'd see them much).

romufc

Lukaku is on 8-9m gross. Reports on Dybala's wage demands come from Italy, where wages are reported net. So Dybala's asking for more than twice of what Lukaku's on.
In that case, we should not go for him. We need to avoid this, high wage low performance signing. Dybala is world class on his day but he seems the player who is not consistent. Seems a bit like Ozil to me this.

Treble

I'd prefer Dybala over Bruno, the former is more proven at top level. Bruno has been great in the Portuguese league, but his numbers might plummet in the PL.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Worrying tbh reading that he is not too gone on coming here. If that is his attitude we are better off without.

MUFC OK

At this point I just want to go to sleep and wakeup when the window is closed.
Amen. We need to do ourselves a favour and assume we are starting the season with the current squad, possibly minus Lukaku, it's the hope that gets ya.

RedCurry

I am one of those who cannot decide. On one hand I don't watch him every week but the few CL games I've watched him make me want to get a player like him.

On the other hand my Serie A supporting friends tell me that he's a bit shite. He doesn't deserve anywhere near the type of money he's asking for.

On way or the other, I will be fairly happy whether the deal goes through or not.

stevoc

If this does go through i hope we can also lump Darmian into the deal somehow.

stepic

Worrying tbh reading that he is not too gone on coming here. If that is his attitude we are better off without.
juve is a well run club which wins trophies and challenges for the CL. why would a player actively want to leave that? of course, if the manager doesn't want him, that will change things.

Hackman2210

Go back 70 years and you'd be saying black players can't play for Man United. Lets call this opinion what it is. Racist.
What - calm down mate before you pull the racist card! I think the point being made is that Veron and Di Maria and to an extent Heinze / Tevez didnt work out that well. I'm sure that was what was meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.