g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

PieCrust

He wants a lot of money. He's apparently on 7m euro a year after tax in Italy and wants about 10m euro after tax. That's a shed load of money.
That's the price we now pay for top talent due to both Sanchez and being crap for years.

It will be eye watering to see what Pogba demands of we try to hold onto him long term.

ottosec

He is a very good player and I was excited when I first heard it's possible to sign him, but the more I think about it, the less I like it.

- he doesn't really want to come, and he prefers to go somewhere else if possible

- he would ask for very high wages

- he plays best in a position that we don't really use

- not that well suited for the high pressing system Ole is trying to implement

I think we would be better with Bruno Fernandez overall.

BBD10

At this point I hope we don't get him and get full money instead. It looks like he doesn't want to come here, it's going to be another case of ADM if we land him.
If we were guaranteed that that money would be invested into another transfer but I dont trust the board on that.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
You lot are all well weird.

Dybala for Lukaku and people don't fancy it.

hobbers

I get that the situation is the same as Di Maria, in terms of a player being forced out against his will.

But Dybala is not Di Maria. Di Maria is a very special case when it comes to being a spineless wretch.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You lot are all well weird.

Dybala for Lukaku and people don't fancy it.
Delusions of Grandeur.

Even if we did a straight swap for Messi people would say he's too old, can't play in the premier league as it gets cold in winter etc.

Zoo

The club is unstable and currently not in the CL. Any "top" player we go for is going to have some reservations. Remember we're also only getting the Italian spin on things. The fact his brother has already jetted in for talks suggests he is interested and this is well and truly on.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Sarri will obviously tell him he wants Lukaku and why otherwise we wouldn’t have got this far.

Done dealio.

I’ll leave the caf forever if this one doesn’t happen*

*Terms and conditions apply.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The club is unstable and currently not in the CL. Any "top" player we go for is going to have some reservations. Remember we're also only getting the Italian spin on things. The fact his brother has already jetted in for talks suggests he is interested and this is well and truly on.
Like I said in the twitter thread, it's more likely a way to justify some seriously big wages he wants.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Our biggest problem against teams who defends deep is to create openings and spaces. We often ends up playing with a slow tempo, static and without creativity in the final third. Sadly none of our current forwards has the vision and technique to on a regular basis unlock tight defenses and deliver great goal scoring opportunities. We are too dependable on Pogba and when he has his bad days our creativity is almost nonexistent.

Yesterday’s game was a good indicator what we have in front of us when we meet teams from the bottom half in the PL. Most of them are well organized and tight between the lines.

Our best options so far when dealing with tight defenses is Lingard and Mata. As we saw last season that’s not good enough. So with all this in mind then Dybala make sense.

From what I know of him his biggest problem is inside his head. If we can present him with a new challenge, make him feel important again and give him back his self confidence then this transfer can end well. From my knowledge his best position is in a free role on the right. More or less what we need.

Let’s hope Pogba take him under his wings so he can get his swagger back. We need more “craziness” in our team, not less.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
If and that's a big IF the transfer goes through does nobody else think it's got disaster written all over it aka di Maria ? I'd rather we get Maguire and another striker in
What’s the guarantee that “other striker” will succeed here?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@charlenefan The thing that I don't get is that Dybala at his best plays a role similar to Griezman's which is exactly what we need in a 4231 but for some reason people now think that he is not a good fit. Also it may be different people but earlier this season people were arguing that he wasn't a good fit because he isn't a 9.

R'hllor

Delusions of Grandeur.

Even if we did a straight swap for Messi people would say he's too old, can't play in the premier league as it gets cold in winter etc.
People reservations have nothing to do with his skills as a players, so lets stop acting like it is.

Womp

idiot
Hasn't he already had the meeting and been told he isn't wanted? What's the point in having another talk? Kid obviously wants to say at Juve, time for us to move on. He's having one last meeting to tell Sarri to get fecked, he's ours boys.

Bestofthebest

I don't see the point of trying to persuade anyone to sign for Utd if their heart isn't really in it. By all accounts he has never appeared to say he would like to play for us ( maybe there is a quote somewhere to prove me wrong) but there have been one or two quotes about him staying in Italy. We should have learned our lesson about signing players who might sell a few shirts or whatever but don't really play as we wish. Also, his first comments appear to be about being among best paid players at the club, let him prove himself first. The really worrying aspect is that Sarri might have told him he has no place at Juve so we are his last chance saloon. If he were as good as some are saying there would be a bidding war for him, strangely there isn't. Hope this come to nothing.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Take money, and buy Bruno. I don't want this square peg.
No one has the money for Lukaku. And to be honest Lukaku isn't worth the money we are asking for him. Even if Dybala was using us as a stopgap for a year, his sell on value will be a lot more than Lukaku will ever reach. Take Dybala and hope for the best, tell him to give us one fantastic season and we will let him move on while we pocket a tidy return next year.

joedirt87

Hasn't he already had the meeting and been told he isn't wanted? What's the point in having another talk? Kid obviously wants to say at Juve, time for us to move on. He's having one last meeting to tell Sarri to get fecked, he's ours boys.
every transfer related story with United has at least a 48 hr time frame built into it. maybe they already met, but it has to be reported they are meeting tomorrow or friday. and if they havent met yet they will meet in 48 hrs to discuss. and then another 48 to decide. and then another 48 for the agent to fly back for talks.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
First of, we don't know how unintrested he is in coming here. His brother has been here in UK for last two days. He can't be that uninterested.
Second, some of you act like we are winning title after title. We are a Europa League club that hasn't won a top trophy in six years.
I'd question the sanity of any top player that doesn't have reservations about joining us.

Womp

idiot
On a serious note though, if he's that content on staying at Juve and continuing to struggle in a team that is no longer built to get the most out of his game, so bet it. Probably best we don't bring in players that have no interest in being here.

I don't blame him if he obviously has reservations, we are shite, but if he genuinely has very little interest in coming here at all, then that's a different story.

Sell Lukaku for the 75 or whatever it is Inter offered, which is a more than reasonable offer, use that money to get in Bruno and a top CB.

RedDevilRoshi

Beginning to have 2nd thoughts now. If the player deep down doesn’t want to come then the last thing we need is another Di Maria situation again.

Enigma_87

You know who
Beginning to have 2nd thoughts now. If the player deep down doesn’t want to come then the last thing we need is another Di Maria situation again.
It's a step down for him so it's normal to have doubts. Overal he should be a better signing than Di Maria, character wise..

El-Manos

He does not seem intrested in leaving Juve.
If that was the case we wouldn’t be chatting to his agent a week before the window closes. He will leave providing Sarri tells him he’s not in his plans. They after Lukaku that alone should tell you Lukaku will start ahead of him, they wouldn’t be paying £80m otherwise.

If it does appear to be the case that Dybala does not want to join, we should not have started negotiating in the first place.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
First of, we don't know how unintrested he is in coming here. His brother has been here in UK for last two days. He can't be that uninterested.
Second, some of you act like we are winning title after title. We are a Europa League club that hasn't won a top trophy in six years.
I'd question the sanity of any top player that doesn't have reservations about joining us.
Unless a player tweets "CANT WAIT TO JOIN U GUYS" people think they are uninterested. And then after those fake "Love being here" first appearance interviews everyone thinks they truly are glad to be here.

Womp

idiot
If that was the case we wouldn’t be chatting to his agent a week before the window closes. He will leave providing Sarri tells him he’s not in his plans. They after Lukaku that alone should tell you Lukaku will start ahead of him, they wouldn’t be paying £80m otherwise.

If it does appear to be the case that Dybala does not want to join, we should not have started negotiating in the first place.
Are these whole rumours not predicated on the understanding that both United and Juve want to make the swap, but didn't yet get Dybala's opinion? They would have started negotiating to ensure both parties were interested, doesn't mean the remaining party (Dybala) would want it to happen though.

KennyBurner

Dybala could play on the right like mata in the 4231. He would be an instant upgrade because he is better at holding onto the ball. Mata has always been a liability for us on the right because of his physical limitations. Dybala solves a lot of that because now fullbacks cant close down aggressively once we we play down the right. If we decide to play Dybala down the middle as a 10 he could still interchange with lingard/greenwood/mata. A lot are unconvinced he can only play down the middle but I disagree. he played 8 games on the right last season and still had a 7.11 rating. He also played 11 games as a striker in comparison and 6 games as an attacking midfileder. He can play accross the park if we need him too.

I think people are overreacting and being negative out of confusion. Why does Juventus not value a player like dybala over Romelu lukaku? This question right here is causing doubt in a lot of posters considering we dont rate Lukaku very highly on the forum and at United. Personally i feel Dybala is highly rated at Juventus but doesn't fit their style. Thats just it. Juventus might see Lukaku as a manzukic replacement and are ready to take him given he is available. It solves a lot of their problems making this trade.

After yesterdays game I very much want this transfer to go through because we lack Quality in attack. Lingard is an okay 10 but we need good creativity which he lacks. Mata is the most creative 10 we have at the club but we know he is limited physically so our managers dont like him through the middle. From a tactical standpoint martial had a good game yesterday but he couldn't get much opportunities because he didn't have good support from attacking areas. I could see good fluidity between martial and dybala which would solve a lot of our attacking problems. Both are good finishers and like one touch football.

The way I see it we have been give a lifeline with this transfer to get rid of Lukaku who doesn't fit our style of play and add a quality player who would fit our style of play. I still can't believe we are about to get rid of lukaku after many of us thought he would be here forever given his wages and transfer fee. Even if Dybala doesn't work out id rather have him than Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.