Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
But surely he gave a yes to speak with with united about wages? That in itself says he's open to coming here. Why waste everyone's time otherwise. Why would his agent spend time away from sorting out potential other deals for clients just to have something on the table should his client says yes? Makes no sense
I don't really follow, do you assume that he isn't interested at all? My understanding is that ideally he would stay at Juventus if they value him, otherwise he is willing to go elsewhere, from that point he needs to know how elsewhere is supposed to be in order to compare with Juventus under Sarri. I don't know if I'm being clear.:lol:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Also for most of those names, their fans couldn't be arsed about them leaving. From what ive seen so far, 99% of juve fans are against this, with the remaining 1% cautiously being optimistic about Lukaku being a better fit for them than Paolo.
Not true. Arsenal fans were mad at the news of Sanchez being linked elsewhere. And Juve fans are mostly pissed they are getting Lukaku in return. Dybala has been deemed surplus to requirement at Juventus, he flopped last season. We aren't getting a player coming out of a stellar season, we're trying to get a reject.

At least with DiMaria and Sanchez they were still coming from stellar previous season(not so much for Sanchez in his last 6 months at Arsenal) something we can't even afford to say about Dybala. He's coming from an awful season yet people want to treat him like the second coming seeing the hysteria around,

Ban

Not true. Arsenal fans were mad at the news of Sanchez being linked elsewhere. And Juve fans are mostly pissed they are getting Lukaku in return. Dybala has been deemed surplus to requirement at Juventus, he flopped last season. We aren't getting a player coming out of a stellar season, we're trying to get a reject.

At least with DiMaria and Sanchez they were still coming from stellar previous season(not so much for Sanchez in his last 6 months at Arsenal) something we can't even afford to say about Dybala. He's coming from an awful season yet people want to treat him like the second coming seeing the hysteria around,
Is it safe to say he flopped last season?

stevoc

First time I've read this.
Thought the Sneijder rumours were just a full of hot air.
Remember SAF getting quite annoyed with the rumours. Think he told one reporter to f*ck off :lol:
This was after he left United can't find an article think it was a video, but i did find this from 2011 though.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...ed-says-assistant-coach-Rene-Meulensteen.html

We were 100% in for Sneijder in 2011, the argument between Ferguson and Bob Cass was down to a misunderstanding apparently. Cass was SAF's mouthpiece back then, he gave him some quotes on Sneijder he wanted put out there. They were supposed to be from a ''United source'', but the article stated it was Ferguson himself who said it. The editor probably took it upon himself to add Fergusons name but Cass said they sorted it out a few weeks later.

StrettyEnder07

Thing is though, Ed isn't the only one who hasn't learned, just look at this place. You'd think after getting burnt several time with the latest Sanchez debacle being somehow not so far away, people wouldn't be quick and get giddy over any sudden interest in these "top" players that may or may not fit our system.

Dybala as a player himself flopped last season, has been deemed surplus to requirement and 2 managers don't want him to the point Juventus are wiling to trade him for another somehow reject. And reading people's posts one get the sense most people don't have much idea what sort of player Dybala is.

We've basically gone through similar scenarios in DiMaria and Sanchez that led to catastrophe yet people are still going to bury their heads in the sand and write long essay to try convincing themselves why this time will be any different to previous bombs. What truly funny is that if Dybala turns out to be dud here the same people would be quick opening threads urging us to recruit according to what we need and not just by names but the next time if there is another high profile player on the market in similar circumstances like Dybala, Sanchez, Di Maria etc, they'll be quick again to jump on the hype an write long essays as to why we should bring them.
From memory we have also gone through this process with Zlatan, RVP, Cole, Yorke, Cantona, Sheringham, RVN, Hughes when we got him back from Barca after he flopped.

Tell you what, isn't it lucky that we never had this mindset that "oh my god one player didn't work out, lets cancel buying anyone with talent who has not torn it up for 8 months".

FML lets just get it cancelled and sit back watching Jesse fecking Lingard doing the square root of feck all for another season.

Balls to a guy who has been consistently class since he went to Juve bar one season when he fell out with the manager and was played big time out of position.

IrishRedDevil

So what is this guy being valued at if he's being included in a swap for Lukaku?
We have apparently consistently told Inter that we want 85m Euro for Lukaku (£77.5m), so that is the likely value. Some reports say that Juventus want Lukaku plus cash.

Thisistheone

My hope is that Dybala is still young so won't be burnt out like Sanchez and still hungry enough to prove himself, unlike ADM

El-Manos

We’ll find out today what the story is surely? Or is he going on a religious sabbatical after his chat with Sarri.

EwanI Ted

Seems a really weird transfer this, I can't help think it won't come off.

Why send your agent to negotiate a wage before you've talked to your manager and found out what his plans are for you?

Why send your agent to negotiate if you haven't given the green light?

It makes no sense at all.
And why would Juve agree the deal with us if there was a chance Sarri would say that he wanted Dybala to stay?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

How often did you watch Dybala last season?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
My hope is that Dybala is still young so won't be burnt out like Sanchez and still hungry enough to prove himself, unlike ADM
He’s only a year or two younger than what Di Maria was when he came. People really get bogged down by age in football

Eleven-Eighteen

People like face to face meetings. There's not much to understand. I'd prefer to hear something so massive to my career to my face, not over the phone.
Yeah, when there's something to discuss. Not when all parties involved have agreed to a deal. And you are just delaying the decision because you want to have this one last meeting. It's just absurd, at least from the little we know from the random media rumours.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Just get in a player we need, not a player that has been rejected by another club and because he used to be seen or thought as a top player should we bother.

How many players whose preferrence is to be drawn centrally do we need in attack anyways? You have Martial, Rashford, Pogba and now Dybala who will all be wanting to come centrally playing at the same time. And people want to talk about hos this improve our system. I would actually have been open to this if Dybala was somehow flexible himself but he's a 10, SS or bust which will only add further headache going forward.

He's coming out of a terrible season himself and there is simply no need for us to contort ourselves over him. I say we stick to what we've planned and go from there. Heck at least Di Maria and Sanchez were coming out of stellar seasons, something Dybala can't even boost about.

RedTechsture

Supports
Shrewsbury Town FC
Dybala: Hi boss am i in your plans for next year?
Sarri: *tap tap tap tap* Computer says noooooo
*COUGH*

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

He had 3 borderline world class seasons playing in a more attacking role where he was a key player, then when Ronaldo came, he had to go deeper into midfield and play a more defensive and support role to support him. That's why he had a below par season, but even then, he didn't look like a poor player, his goals and assists just dried up. It's not really saying anything negative about a player at all to get pushed to the side a bit because they signed Cristiano Ronaldo.

Halal Jalal

Dybala doesn't have a place 4-3-3 formation, simple as. Allegri switched to that system for second half of the season (after losing to us, ironically) and Paulo started underperforming badly - he's not a lone forward, he's not a right inside forward cutting inside. That was his first disappointing season with Juventus, following 3 world class ones. In all the other formations Allegri used before (4-4-2 diamond or flat, 4-2-3-1, variations of 3 at the back with two strikers) Dybala was stellar.

Difference is, we have a place for him in Ole's 4-2-3-1. That's where he performs best.

bondsname

A part of me thinks it's impossible for a player of his quality to perform badly in any team really, he is extremely talented if used correctly.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Thanks but I'll ask for a 2nd opinion.
I doubt anyone has a strong opinion one way or another, seeing as every one of your posts is a one-liner, usually designed to make it look like everyone else is hating on a player/transfer and you're the one being positive about them.

Thisistheone

He’s only a year or two younger than what Di Maria was when he came. People really get bogged down by age in football
Yeah but ADM had won it all in Madrid and apparently wanted an easy life in Paris. And Sanchez had a million more miles on the clock.

Nick7

Yeah, when there's something to discuss. Not when all parties involved have agreed to a deal. And you are just delaying the decision because you want to have this one last meeting. It's just absurd, at least from the little we know from the random media rumours.
A deal agreed without one of the main participants isn't agreed. Dybala probably wants to know why.

Andersons Dietician

There is a flight from Turin to Manchester leaving at 8:45 £250. I’d imagine he’d probably get a chartered flight mind but he could save himself a bit of cash on that one. There were earlier flights but with check in and all that I doubt he’d make it in time and the 6:15 one has a stop in France. Don’t want to risk PSG kidnapping him off the plane.

Did I just go full muppet @Vault Dweller?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
From memory we have also gone through this process with Zlatan, RVP, Cole, Yorke, Cantona, Sheringham, RVN, Hughes when we got him back from Barca after he flopped.

Tell you what, isn't it lucky that we never had this mindset that "oh my god one player didn't work out, lets cancel buying anyone with talent who has not torn it up for 8 months".

FML lets just get it cancelled and sit back watching Jesse fecking Lingard doing the square root of feck all for another season.

Balls to a guy who has been consistently class since he went to Juve bar one season when he fell out with the manager and was played big time out of position.
Now sit back just for a sec and notice a pattern. Most of those came in fully functioning teams/systems or under SAF except Zlatan himself and contrary to what some people want to believe, Zlatan was a solid signing, not a roaring success(We finished 6th with him leading our lines).

There is just far too many instances of such signings turning sore, especially in recent history than successful. It's time for people to start applying caution and weight everything before getting giddy. Also let's not forget the important fact that Dybala is coming from a terrible season, unlike all the other names you mentioned alongside him.

Lynty

Thing is though, Ed isn't the only one who hasn't learned, just look at this place. You'd think after getting burnt several time with the latest Sanchez debacle being somehow not so far away, people wouldn't be quick and get giddy over any sudden interest in these "top" players that may or may not fit our system.

Dybala as a player himself flopped last season, has been deemed surplus to requirement and 2 managers don't want him to the point Juventus are wiling to trade him for another somehow reject. And reading people's posts one get the sense most people don't have much idea what sort of player Dybala is.

We've basically gone through similar scenarios in DiMaria and Sanchez that led to catastrophe yet people are still going to bury their heads in the sand and write long essay to try convincing themselves why this time will be any different to previous bombs. What truly funny is that if Dybala turns out to be dud here the same people would be quick opening threads urging us to recruit according to what we need and not just by names but the next time if there is another high profile player on the market in similar circumstances like Dybala, Sanchez, Di Maria etc, they'll be quick again to jump on the hype an write long essays as to why we should bring them.
But when I player of that quality becomes available, it makes sense to take a gamble.

DiMaria and Falcao didn't really hurt us, they just failed and we moved them on. Sanchez hurt us more by messing up the wage structure, but let's face it, thats a freak scenario with how the transfer went down and Falcao and DiMaria still had enough quality to attract suitors, we couldn't expect Sanchez' level to crash like it has.

If Dybala goes to Liverpool and tears it up, all of a sudden Ed and our scouts become muppets for not at least trying to recruit him.

If he fails, we take a loss and move him on to PSG.

Think of it like this:

We're only gambling £15m on top of a player we're struggling to shift. Then what £30k per week extra on what we were already paying Lukaku? So potentially we have a world class player joining the club for an outlay of £19m over two years (long enough to get rid if we need to).

It doesn't sound like this transfer has any bearing on Bruno.

We aren't exhausting a transfer kitty.

It's a no brainer, even if he comes and ends up sitting on the bench with Sanchez.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The notion we shouldn't sign top players cause every top signing in the last 6 years has flopped is the biggest nonsense. Mention three good signings in the last six years. Almost every signing has flopped some way or another, big or small.
There are very practical reasons why our transfer record has been awful. The biggest reason is that our signings have been plugged into an already dysfunctional team, not because they were bad players or in cases not the right fit.
This depends entirely on Ole, if he has an idea of how he wants to play and how Dybala fits, there is every reason to believe it is a good signing. I have no doubt in my mind Dybala isn't being forced on him.

SCJY

Dybala: "I stay"
Sarri: "That's Ronnie's Line"
Dybala: "I go"

VanGaalEra

No medicals today for Dybala and he won't train with Juve either! What does this mean!!

Status
Not open for further replies.