Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I'm speculating as to why Evra has said "You don't know anything" that would indicate its something other than agent/player greed. If the briefing to the media was true then why would he say that?
I'm not sure why you think Evra would know the ins and outs?

LindaChang

I still have hope on this. Not that i have a choice since it'll cost me 100 bucks if he doesnt join

Sparky Rhiwabon

Well it shouldn't happen when we are in this weak position. Pay the money. We need quality.
If we're refusing to play ball with agents then we're in denial about how modern football (sadly) works and we are going to struggle to sign any top players.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
If we're refusing to play ball with agents then we're in denial about how modern football (sadly) works and we are going to struggle to sign any top players.
I'm pretty sure it's been like that for a long long time though. I remember SAF refusing to pay agents fees a few times, in fact didn't he have a bit of a rant about it at one point?

macheda14

We’ve shown quite conclusively that we play ball with agents ever since Ferguson retired

BarstoolProphet

He probably doesn't, but he probably has first-hand knowledge over what has happened with the Dybala situation considering he knows both parties pretty well.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Duncan Castles saying we're still in.
Wouldn't really pay any attention to him in all fairness. Deal is most definitely dead.

He certainly did. Fairly sure agents fees were the reason Hazard ended up at Chelsea when it had looked like he was coming here.
I think it was. I'm pretty sure we had a deal agreed with Lille and probably with Hazard too, but SAF wouldn't pay the agents fee, which if i remember rightly was about 5 or 6 million. Could be wrong there though. Chelsea had no issues with it though

MUFC OK

He has a phone and I'm pretty sure Dybala is his mate.. There's a chance his agent fecked this up for him by rubbing us up the wrong way.

IF Dybala is open to moving here, we should do everything to get him.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
He has a phone and I'm pretty sure Dybala is his mate.. There's a chance his agent fecked this up for him by rubbing us up the wrong way.
Is his agent his brother? Or did I pull that out my arse? Sure someone said it was in here. Anyway if it is, you'd honestly have to think he was working in Dybala's best interest/authority;. If it isn't his brother, ignore this post.

MUFC OK

Is his agent his brother? Or did I pull that out my arse? Sure someone said it was in here. Anyway if it is, you'd honestly have to think he was working in Dybala's best interest/authority;. If it isn't his brother, ignore this post.
I have no idea, I'm tired.. :lol:

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Pretty sure his agent is his brother, and if the issues lay with the agent, and Dybala wanted to come to us, he could have instructed his agent to drop his fees and make it happen.
When we were in discussions, i don't think he wanted to come. Now Sarri has told him face to face he doesn't want him, i think he finally accepts it and is willing to join us (as some reports state) but it's way too late.

BarstoolProphet

Well, there's 'evidence' in today's football that even a father (Neymar) and a wife (Icardi) arguably isn't working in their client/family's best interest.

El-Manos

To be honest, even if we did manage to get it over the line(which we won’t). We’d still be looking very poor in midfield. I find it hard to believe our scouts were unable to identify an affordable midfield target, which would improve our current midfield situation. This midfield will get spanked next season.

TRUERED89

Well it shouldn't happen when we are in this weak position. Pay the money. We need quality.
When you're getting signals that the player isn't 100% convinced in joining the club, best stay well clear or end up with Sanchez & ADM MKII

BarstoolProphet

Apparently he liked Evra's United related post? :drool: *unzips*
Attacking greedy agents:lol:

We probably put too much into this, but casually going through his activity (accounts he's following) then he doesn't struck me as one of those that use a representative to handle his SoMe interactions.

tl:dr - He did it on purpose because he agrees with Evra's sentiments and he luvs United. It's on.

manunited1919

Dybala didn’t want to come here, so why sign him and end up with another di Maria? Have you learnt nothing?

Eriksen likewise. Have we even made a concrete offer for Bruno? All the talk seems to have come out of Portugal, not united.
I would rather have a player with DiMaria level of talent than to have Lingard on the team. Any fecking day.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
When you're getting signals that the player isn't 100% convinced in joining the club, best stay well clear or end up with Sanchez & ADM MKII
Totally myth. Sanchez is a flop because his legs are gone and ADM was quality before LVG fell out with him.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
How can we still be in when Rom is all but confirmed for Inter? This is surely dead and United are done this window.

MUFC OK

Totally myth. Sanchez is a flop because his legs are gone and ADM was quality before LVG fell out with him.
Agree on this. Sanchez is just finished, it's not for a lack of effort. That was simply us getting a player who was over the hill.

redshaw

I'm speculating as to why Evra has said "You don't know anything" that would indicate its something other than agent/player greed. If the briefing to the media was true then why would he say that?
Could be that Evra might feel Dybala's demands are reasonable for a professional footballer as most players lack a big desire to play for most clubs but work hard and build an affinity once there, but United are said to have felt they were excessive and conclude his desire is questionable, perhaps too hastily after Sanchez and some others or simply didn't feel easy paying out but said otherwise.

Could be intertwined with image rights and his team were hard to work with without Dybala there and you could conclude again there's too many demands. Dybala could've been poorly represented by greed around him and put United off as there's not much time and we might have Inter still in there.

manunited1919

great. Good for you, enjoy forever spending money to stand still.
Without talented players you don’t even stand still. Enjoy watching Lingard and Rashford start every fecking game regardless of form. And then blame Pogba and Martial for the bad performances.

Cypriot

How can we still be in when Rom is all but confirmed for Inter? This is surely dead and United are done this window.
Because they want rid of him regardless of Lukaku coming or not. They accepted a 66m bid from Spurs yesterday. We could easily use the 70m we get from Lukaku on Dybala - IF we actually do want him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I assume the fall out came after the QPR game then because that's the only game I remember Di Maria being any good in

Status
Not open for further replies.