g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Peaches and a GOAT Draft

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Friday 3rd Aug -
Saturday 4th Aug -
Sunday 5th Aug -
Monday 6th Aug - Moby vs harms,
Tuesday 7th Aug - 2mufc0 vs Isotope
Wednesday 8th Aug - Skizzo vs Physio, Onenil vs Bargain Hunter Pat
Thursday 9th Aug -

Enigma_87

You know who
Friday 3rd Aug -
Saturday 4th Aug -
Sunday 5th Aug -
Monday 6th Aug - Moby vs harms,
Tuesday 7th Aug - 2mufc0 vs Isotope, Enigma/Joga vs Team Beam
Wednesday 8th Aug - Skizzo vs Physio, Onenil vs Bargain Hunter Pat
Thursday 9th Aug -

Indnyc

Oh, I can only put together a write up after around 6 hours. If that's okay we can start then. Otherwise we can play tomorrow.
That works for me! I'll send my write up in and we can play whenever you are ready.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Don, are you ready? Would be interesting to see if you did it.
Wow didn‘t think someone would remember it. Will post it tomorrow since I am on my way to celebrate today on a rooftop bar. It has some unpicked/unnamed players in it so won‘t post it if someone has a problem with that.:)

Enigma_87

You know who
:lol: followed by.... "I reckon a right forward is Eusebio's most optimal position."

He can play a leading the line CF or a left forward and be good, but not as good as right forward, imo.
Think nobody has picked Eusebio more than me here and have played him twice in the inside left channel, with an overlapping full back none the less, and you always went with that he won't be as good on the left channel :lol:

On more serious note if he's to play today he'd most likely end up as inverted wing forward(more to the left side so he can cut in and shoot ) or as a complete CF.

Either way, a truly great forward. :drool:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Think nobody has picked Eusebio more than me here and have played him twice in the inside left channel, with an overlapping full back none the less, and you always went with that he won't be as good on the left channel :lol:

On more serious note if he's to play today he'd most likely end up as inverted wing forward(more to the left side so he can cut in and shoot ) or as a complete CF.

Either way, a truly great forward. :drool:
I watched nearly all available YouTube videos on him again today. Wish United had a player like him. He makes his runs from left too but shoots mostly with right foot, inverted winger type sounds about correct. His work rate is outstanding, esp ability to run at defenders and hold his own.

As @Moby says, play him behind a CF and give him a free role.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Please everyone remember the max number of characters for the tactics OP are 2500. Also I think a limit of 5 vids per match thread per player to keep the discussion focused.

Enigma_87

You know who
Please everyone remember the max number of characters for the tactics OP are 2500. Also I think a limit of 5 vids per match thread per player to keep the discussion focused.
5 vids per player or per manager?

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
It used to be no not spoilered videos in Page 1. Everything else goes.
In a recent draft the first page had 25 videos which is a pain for loading on mobile plus I don't think it helps the discussion to have so many. Videos are general and don't always help in answering specific questions about how X will play in this system against the opponents tactics. They can be the best line of argument but mostly when used specifically

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Five videos is spot on for me, can’t see any reason why a manager would need to post more than five YouTube videos in a match to make their point.

Personally always found the most effective arguments were those focused around discussion / tactics / anecdotes and I think it also leads to a better thread.

Enigma_87

You know who
In a recent draft the first page had 25 videos which is a pain for loading on mobile plus I don't think it helps the discussion to have so many. Videos are general and don't always help in answering specific questions about how X will play in this system against the opponents tactics. They can be the best line of argument but mostly when used specifically
Depends really mate. If a certain manager picked 3-4 relatively unknown players you can’t have compilations on all and might be down to highlights, odd clips and so on. Even with Djalma last draft most voters asked for videos rather than anecdotes, although he’s very well known commodity and features regularly in drafts.

I don’t mind watching videos before voting in certain games especially when manager X tried to prove a point and shows Eusebio playing on the left for example.

Besides it’s odd to limit it in games but also have as a requirement in the picking process to have a full game of the player in question.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Drafter Award

Following the initial drafting a vote will be taken to determine who wins the Best Drafter Award. Each manager will rank the top three squads that he think were drafted the best (excluding his own). Three points will be assigned to 1st place, two points for 2nd place and one point for 3rd place. These will be sent to @Gio who will reveal the result after the final.
10 in, 6 to go.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Don, are you ready? Would be interesting to see if you did it.
This is what I came up with. Since it has some unnamed/unpicked players in it, I will remove it asap if someone wants me to remove it

It was meant as a magic square homage, and it's cetainly odds on favorite for the annual "Mauricio Pocchetino award for playing nice football without ever winning anything™":drool:.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Depends really mate. If a certain manager picked 3-4 relatively unknown players you can’t have compilations on all and might be down to highlights, odd clips and so on. Even with Djalma last draft most voters asked for videos rather than anecdotes, although he’s very well known commodity and features regularly in drafts.

I don’t mind watching videos before voting in certain games especially when manager X tried to prove a point and shows Eusebio playing on the left for example.

Besides it’s odd to limit it in games but also have as a requirement in the picking process to have a full game of the player in question.
You used the Djalma vids well. I'm just trying to stop video spam. I agree with lesser known players you want vids but you aren't going to have that many players. Maybe 5 is too few but just try to limit them and use them well

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
This is what I came up with. Since it has some unnamed/unpicked players in it, I will remove it asap if someone wants me to remove it

It was meant as a magic square homage, and it's cetainly odds on favorite for the annual "Mauricio Pocchetino award for playing nice football without ever winning anything™":drool:.
:lol:

Quick response as I'm a bit short with time today. I really like it a lot, 2 mobile forwards and that midfield base is looking great on paper. The fullbacks are good enough to support the system. As for the winning things, it's always the case of who is against you on the other side and can that side exploit some of the weaknesses (especially defensive ones in this case) more than you can hurt them.
But, yeah, lovely team, like the look of it. It would certainly play some nice football as you say.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
:lol:

Quick response as I'm a bit short with time today. I really like it a lot, 2 mobile forwards and that midfield base is looking great on paper. The fullbacks are good enough to support the system. As for the winning things, it's always the case of who is against you on the other side and can that side exploit some of the weaknesses (especially defensive ones in this case) more than you can hurt them.
But, yeah, lovely team, like the look of it. It would certainly play some nice football as you say.
Cheers! Glad you liked it:)

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

good defensive line, not easy to catch 3 players in offside trap.

Enigma_87

You know who
You used the Djalma vids well. I'm just trying to stop video spam. I agree with lesser known players you want vids but you aren't going to have that many players. Maybe 5 is too few but just try to limit them and use them well
Yeah, maybe we can restrict the videos on the well known famous players that are just put up for the sake of it or just as a bump.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'm also against the video restrictions (obviously) — just be reasonable and don't clog the thread with endless best Ibra's goals compilations and such.
Although I'm very tempted to post all Beckham's assists for Man United :lol: A very depressing video, actually, when you compare him to our current "crossers" of the ball

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Is there any problem with spoilered videos? They should not clog up the thread or increase loading times, right?
No issue from me with spoilered videos, doesn’t impact navigating on a phone.

Still not sure why anyone would need to reference more than five YouTube videos in one match though but maybe I’m missing something.

To be fair on Djalma people required video evidence because your initial presentation of his offensive game was questionable.

On the general point your making though what you’re presenting is video posting in its best light i.e as a way of showcasing old players or particular tactical things (such as Eusebio on the right).

In reality what I’m referencing about is YouTube video spamming which is absolutely nothing like what your talking about. It’s when people post five different 20 minutes clips of Maradona and then the opponent responds with three 15 minutes videos of Ronaldo’s best goals - that’s a lot more common in draft threads than carefully selected videos showcasing particular tactical nuisances of Eusebio’s game imo.