g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Peaches and a GOAT Draft

Moby

Dick
Videos are still ok, thank god we have moved past that GIF cutting nightmare phase where every man and his dog would post 10000 gifs on the first page, one for every touch a player took.

Enigma_87

You know who
To be fair on Djalma people required video evidence because your initial presentation of his offensive game was questionable.

On the general point your making though what you’re presenting is video posting in its best light i.e as a way of showcasing old players or particular tactical things (such as Eusebio on the right).

In reality what I’m referencing about is YouTube video spamming which is absolutely nothing like what your talking about. It’s when people post five different 20 minutes clips of Maradona and then the opponent responds with three 15 minutes videos of Ronaldo’s best goals - that’s a lot more common in draft threads than carefully selected videos showcasing particular tactical nuisances of Eusebio’s game imo.
Yeah I have no problems providing video evidence if any and would rather promote it other managers to follow suit in in terms of trying to get their ideas through, rather than restrict it.

Videos doesn't automatically start and wouldn't ask the user computer or phones for resources the way gifs do. I'd rather have 5-6 videos in one post than 10-20 gifs which indeed slow down the thread and makes it nightmare to open.

Agreed on the latter part but we can warn some managers if they begin to overdo it, but it's still better than tens of gifs..

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Ok let's say this. Max of 5 vids per manager unspoilered with as many GIFs and videos spoilered as you like but with the proviso it's not just general vid spamming.

Enigma_87

You know who
Ok let's say this. Max of 5 vids per manager unspoilered with as many GIFs and videos spoilered as you like but with the proviso it's not just general vid spamming.
yeah that sounds fair. Maybe have a limit of GIF's on pages as even though they are spoilered they still take time to load, unlike videos.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Agreed on the latter part but we can warn some managers if they begin to overdo it, but it's still better than tens of gifs..
Whether it’s better than tens of gifs is irrelevant - it’s not an either or scenario.

We’ve spoken a while about how we can improve the quality of match threads and I find it surprising that there’s any support for spamming literally hours worth of YouTube footage into a match thread, which for me is surely the lowest form of debate.

Enigma_87

You know who
Ffs, I just made gifs for some players in our team.
Piss. Off.
:lol:

https://ezgif.com/combine use this one mate.

Whether it’s better than tens of gifs is irrelevant - it’s not an either or scenario.

We’ve spoken a while about how we can improve the quality of match threads and I find it surprising that there’s any support for spamming literally hours worth of YouTube footage into a match thread, which for me is surely the lowest form of debate.
Using videos to highlight a certain player role remains the best solution to matchday debates IMO. As long as they are relevant I really see no problems with it. Otherwise we will have 2-3 pages of whether a certain player will fill into a certain role, turning into recycled arguments between the two managers, which also becomes a pretty tedious debate.

We also have to appreciate the effort drafters like Sjor, Joga, Harms etc put in creating those highlights for the rest of us to watch them and sum them up into 10-15 mins of highlights.

When it goes to older players as well there aren't really that many compilations lying around, hence if you want to highlight someone like Rahn for example you have to paste 10-15 youtube 2-3 mins videos, otherwise it's a lost cause only going by anecdotes.

Posting compilations just for sake of it I agree shouldn't be tolerated, but I don't think it happens that often during the games.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
We also have to appreciate the effort drafters like Sjor, Joga, Harms etc put in creating those highlights for the rest of us to watch them and sum them up into 10-15 mins of highlights.

Posting compilations just for sake of it I agree shouldn't be tolerated, but I don't think it happens that often during the games.
Mate we’re clearly still talking about completely different things. I’m not talking about original all touch compilations or videos used to showcase Helmut Rahn :lol:.

But to be honest even within those guidelines I think five is more than enough anyway, but maybe that’s just me.

There seems to be agreement anyway on no spamming of multiple compilations for the same player which is a good move imo.

To be clear I think posting a video of Ronaldo’s best goals is absolutely fine. It’s just when we start spamming multiple videos of the same player or for every attacker on the park that it gets silly.

Enigma_87

You know who
Mate we’re clearly still talking about completely different things. I’m not talking about original all touch compilations or videos used to showcase Helmut Rahn :lol:.

But to be honest even within those guidelines I think five is more than enough anyway, but maybe that’s just me.

There seems to be agreement anyway on no spamming of multiple compilations for the same player which is a good move imo.

To be clear I think posting a video of Ronaldo’s best goals is absolutely fine. It’s just when we start spamming multiple videos of the same player or for every attacker on the park that it gets silly.
No worries, mate, I understand where you are going, and it's probably just me but I really like watching some old footage and highlights (the ones I haven't seen before of course). :)

I was joking about the 55 videos of course, just to mention it :lol:

Enigma_87

You know who
This is what I came up with. Since it has some unnamed/unpicked players in it, I will remove it asap if someone wants me to remove it

It was meant as a magic square homage, and it's cetainly odds on favorite for the annual "Mauricio Pocchetino award for playing nice football without ever winning anything™":drool:.
That's a solid effort mate, apart from the right wing. Vogts can certainly go forward and whip in crosses but I'd rather have Ronaldinho and Enzo swapped.

That front 4 is full of flair tho :drool:

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
That's a solid effort mate, apart from the right wing. Vogts can certainly go forward and whip in crosses but I'd rather have Ronaldinho and Enzo swapped.

That front 4 is full of flair tho :drool:
Thanks mate:). My right wing option sits on the bench, waiting to come on in the last 25 minutes:wenger:. I didn't consider swapping Ronnie and Enzo because Enzo is playing as a 2nd striker here with full license to roam all across the front line, especially storming into the box to support Law and give more options there. He should stay away from the midfield play making and is not the perfect fit for a magic square midfield in my opinion.

Maybe it would work only if I shift the square, with Zola as left AM, Ronalidnho as right AM and Enzo essentially in the same role, just starting more from the left. I never believed in putting Ronaldinho on the right side to work the right inside / outside channel the same way he does on the left, you see him working well there?

Enigma_87

You know who
Thanks mate:). My right wing option sits on the bench, waiting to come on in the last 25 minutes:wenger:. I didn't consider swapping Ronnie and Enzo because Enzo is playing as a 2nd striker here with full license to roam all across the front line, especially storming into the box to support Law and give more options there. He should stay away from the midfield play making and is not the perfect fit for a magic square midfield in my opinion.

Maybe it would work only if I shift the square, with Zola as left AM, Ronalidnho as right AM and Enzo essentially in the same role, just starting more from the left. I never believed in putting Ronaldinho on the right side to work the right inside / outside channel the same way he does on the left, you see him working well there?
Think it's better to go with the Brazil's square personally. Enzo in Eder's role, Ronaldinho on the rightish channel and Zola left.

Ronnie was pretty good even pre prime as a RW in that Brazil's team in 02 when they tried to include both Rivaldo and him in the starting line up and would be better option than Enzo on the right.

Law is exactly the forward that Brazil 82' team lacked (was pinned for Careca either way if not that injury) and with all the service getting from those behind him he'll strive running into pockets.

Just more attacking RB and that's a very exciting team :)

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Looks like you still have money to spend. What's your budget @Don Alfredo?
This is my calculation:

Player Cost
Taffarel 25
Irwin 45
Chumpitaz 65
Vogts 80
Thiago Silva 20
Zito 55
Gerson 60
Zola 15
Ronaldinho 120
Law 80
Francescoli 40

Subs:
Mendieta 20
Joya 30
Varane 15

Total 670
Budget remaining 0
You tell me if I made a mistake, but I am under the impression I used every penny.:nervous:

Indnyc

Damn something went wrong.. I was considering Canizares and thought i changed it but apparently not :wenger:

Sorry about this. @Physiocrat could you change the pic to Barthez. Sent you the pic with the changed name

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Two games seem to be missing from here

Friday 3rd Aug -
Saturday 4th Aug -
Sunday 5th Aug -
Monday 6th Aug - Moby vs harms,
Tuesday 7th Aug - 2mufc0 vs Isotope, Enigma/Joga vs Team Beam
Wednesday 8th Aug - Skizzo vs Physio, Onenil vs Bargain Hunter Pat
Thursday 9th Aug -

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Two games seem to be missing from here

Friday 3rd Aug -
Saturday 4th Aug -
Sunday 5th Aug -
Monday 6th Aug - Moby vs harms,
Thursday 9th Aug -
Ours Vs @MJJ and @Red Tiger

We've asked a few times when they are available, but MJJ seems to have gone awol

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Whenever bud.

When works for you @Ecstatic ? I’ll be busy all week so won’t be that active. Can you play Monday / Tuesday?
The same, I can't log on at work.

Let's start Tuesday afternoon. I will discover the comments in the evening and reply to some posts.

Not my intention to devalue your team/choices.

Good luck

Last edited:

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
The same, I can't be log on at work.

Let's start Tuesday afternoon. I will discover the comments in the evening and reply to some posts.

Not my intention to devalue your team/choices.

Good luck
Yeah I won’t be available much in working hours either.

I’ll send a short write up on Monday night if possible ready for a Tuesday start.

Best of luck as well, really like your team and was one of the match ups I was hoping to avoid.

@Physiocrat

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Yeah I won’t be available much in working hours either.

I’ll send a short write up on Monday night if possible ready for a Tuesday start.

Best of luck as well, really like your team and was one of the match ups I was hoping to avoid.

@Physiocrat
The same, I like your story telling and I would have preferred to play against 2-3 teams.

Some nice stories in this draft btw

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Friday 3rd Aug -
Saturday 4th Aug -
Sunday 5th Aug -
Monday 6th Aug - Moby vs harms, / MJJ-RT vs PNut-Pillow
Thursday 9th Aug