Peaches and a GOAT Draft

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Drafter Award

Following the initial drafting a vote will be taken to determine who wins the Best Drafter Award. Each manager will rank the top three squads that he think were drafted the best (excluding his own). Three points will be assigned to 1st place, two points for 2nd place and one point for 3rd place. These will be sent to @Gio who will reveal the result after the final.
11 in, counting 5 to go - @Ecstatic @2mufc0 @Tuppet @MJJ @Skizzo

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Great work that. Proper DLP performance, almost Pirlo-esque.
:drool: Great work mate. That was, I think, his final match for Leeds, aged 34 and playing against one of the greatest club teams ever, and he's still orchestrating proceedings and helping Leeds outplay Bayern for good stretches of that match.
Cheers. A good game by him and was one of Leeds better players in this game despite being 34 and past his physical peak.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Effenberg can destroy a team on his own, as he did in Bayern's European semi-final in Kiev. With his team trailing 3-1 he was such an inspiration he appeared to be delivering the crosses then chasing to get on the end of them. Thrillingly they fought back to 3-3. One of his colleagues Mehmet Scholl describes him as the 'head of the team, heart of the team, brain of the team'

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
I'll get in on the act too:

EDIT: fecking miserable bastards! Blocked within half an hour of me uploading it.
Appeal it using the whole educational/non-profit purposes therefore fair use etc claim. And it'll be up for 1 to 2 weeks till your appeal is being considered (does not work 90% of the time) but the best thing to do would be to upload it to dailymotion or vimeo like @Šjor Bepo .

Cheers!

Last edited:

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Appeal it using the whole educational/non-profit purposes therefore fair use etc claim. And it'll be up for 1 to 2 weeks till your appeal is being considered (does not work 90% of the time) but the best thing to do would be to upload it to dailymotion or vimeo like @Šjor Bepo .
Cheers Joga. Filed a dispute and the video seems to be working again. Dailymotion is making me homicidal -tried uploading the video around 10 times and it crashes every time :lol:. I'll give Vimeo a try.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Cheers Joga. Filed a dispute and the video seems to be working again. Dailymotion is making me homicidal -tried uploading the video around 10 times and it crashes every time :lol:. I'll give Vimeo a try.

Great game, had a hand in all of the 3 goals and was always buzzing around probing the front line, looking for openings. That Germany '72 side was really a treat to watch.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

have that match compilation on daily, if they shut down your video you can use mine :D

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
There are, and I am not denying it. I just personally feel that the ratio of draft teams sporting 3 man backlines with no wingers are way skewed compared to what we see in real world.

This is overly true in all-time(ish) drafts where quality is great, I feel its such an inefficient use of resources and available space. Its just diminishing returns, when you have somebody as brilliant as Van Basten to score your goals and Zidane to create, adding a Eusebio doesn't really give you as much as adding say a George Best / Garrincha or even some lesser winger would. Because no matter how you'd dice it (Eusebio runs deep or goes wide etc) Eusebio's fame is built upon the goals (both sheer numbers and quality) he scored and you don't really need it. Same goes for 3 central defenders defending against a lone striker, those resources really could be utilized much better.
Replying here as don't want to derail the match thread.

In drafts like this where you have a budget restrictions, it's easier to load up cheaper defenders and then splurge on the attack. Building a top class 4-2-3-1 attack is not really feasible in R1. So as a tactic we decided to start with a defence heavy and then look to moving to back 4 when we get reinforcement funds.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

The complete centre-forward. Was near unplayable for the French defense with his pace, trickery, movement and physicalty. Grabbed a goal and could have easily had a couple of assists had it not been for wasteful finishing.

One of the most entertaining WC matches ever, has to be said.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Great game, had a hand in all of the 3 goals and was always buzzing around probing the front line, looking for openings. That Germany '72 side was really a treat to watch.
Aye, that was a terrific Germany team. Some of Netzer's long passes were brilliant and Beckenbauer just took the piss at times.

have that match compilation on daily, if they shut down your video you can use mine :D
FFS, I hadn't realised you'd made one otherwise I wouldn't have bothered :lol:. Oh well, time watching that Germany team is time well spent. I'd actually originally included a rare Beckenbauer mistake (passed straight to an opposition player in a dangerous area from a free kick near his own penalty area) just to troll you but I deleted it :D

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
After 2pm would be better for me.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Our and MJJ game is almost over. Without giving the score away it's a close game, so be good if those that haven't voted would be able to give their 2 cents