Pep - Doping (?) | Are PEDs being used by footballers

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
The circumstantial case is great but doesn't mean anything.

Agree with bolded part. If there was something going on for real, everybody else would try to prove it. Unless of course everyone else also does it anyway, and its that City do it better.
Didn’t Wenger speak out about it a few years back? He didn’t point any fingers at specific clubs but I’m sure I remember him claiming it was going on. Then a couple of seasons ago - during the season Leicester won the Premier League - an article appeared in one of the more reputable newspapers about a doctor who said he’d been involved in blood doping of footballers. 3 clubs were named - Leicester, Chelsea, and, ahem, Arsenal. All 3 clubs put out very similar worded statements denying any wrongdoing (you’d be forgiven for thinking the same person had written all 3 statements), the article soon became tomorrow’s chip paper, Leicester won the league, and I don’t think Wenger has ever spoken about doping since!

Oakie

This could explain how David Silva suddenly turned into Gattuso against us in the derby. And probably why him and Pep are bald now.
Ha was my thought also in that game he was like a raging pit bull never seen him play like that before.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Why only him and Pep why haven't the rest gone bald too?
They have, but they glued the hair Pep & Silva lost onto their heads. Wake up, sheeples!

Schneckerl

Not very diplomatic :lol:

Why only him and Pep why haven't the rest gone bald too?
In case anyone is really wondering about the reason David Silva had a hair transplant and therfore had his head shaved.

SteveJ

Scout
In case anyone is really wondering about the reason David Silva had a hair transplant and therfore had his head shaved.
So he had a bald hair transplant?!?

Schneckerl

Why did Pep use deca anyways? seems pretty useless. Heavily overestimating the effectiveness.

EPO/blood doping would make more sense

Paul_Scholes18

Well, most of the people in this forum have been saying that City is dope this season...:)
I think that might be the more silly things. Clubs not doing well probably do the same. Not like they didn't do it last season and suddenly started this season.

Classical Mechanic

You were talking about the Prem. We all know Juve were doped to the gills in the 90s and the general controversy around Spainish sport. As for your German doctor with the dodgy barnet, didn't he work with your boy Pep too?

Didn’t Wenger speak out about it a few years back? He didn’t point any fingers at specific clubs but I’m sure I remember him claiming it was going on. Then a couple of seasons ago - during the season Leicester won the Premier League - an article appeared in one of the more reputable newspapers about a doctor who said he’d been involved in blood doping of footballers. 3 clubs were named - Leicester, Chelsea, and, ahem, Arsenal. All 3 clubs put out very similar worded statements denying any wrongdoing (you’d be forgiven for thinking the same person had written all 3 statements), the article soon became tomorrow’s chip paper, Leicester won the league, and I don’t think Wenger has ever spoken about doping since!
Do you have a link to the article?

IIRC Wenger talked about players that Arsenal bought from abroad with blood passports suggesting that they had been doped.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
You were talking about the Prem. We all know Juve were doped to the gills in the 90s and the general controversy around Spainish sport. As for your German doctor with the dodgy barnet, didn't he work with your boy Pep too?
Pep ousted him, in fact. Must have gotten the prescriptions wrong.
And I wasn't talking of the PL exclusively or specifically, I just cited its extreme amount of fixtures as a factor for the "need" for doping.

SteveJ

Scout
The evidence is irrefutable - this is Pep last week:

Classical Mechanic

Pep ousted him, in fact. Must have gotten the prescriptions wrong.
And I wasn't talking of the PL exclusively or specifically, I just cited its extreme amount of fixtures as a factor for the "need" for doping.
All that aside, there is no manager in top level football who has anywhere near as much smoke round him as Pep, that can't be denied.

Seveneric

Thread about pep. Hardly any person mentions Mou, comes in and brings Mou (& his transfer record seemingly) into it... smh
Yes, because it is painfully transparent that there's no serious discussion to be had. Majority here actually don't give a shit about doping and how it affects the sport in general, just angry, butthurt fans looking for any way to explain away how City are doing so well so far this season.

Lowkey pathetic. Reminding me of the psychotic Federer fans who would scream "doping" at Nadal when the latter was still owning Federer consistently.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Yes, because it is painfully transparent that there's no serious discussion to be had. Majority here actually don't give a shit about doping and how it affects the sport in general, just angry, butthurt fans looking for any way to explain away how City are doing so well so far this season.

Lowkey pathetic. Reminding me of the psychotic Federer fans who would scream "doping" at Nadal when the latter was still owning Federer consistently.
Exactly.

SteveJ

Scout
...and this is Pep the week before:

Crashoutcassius

There's no question that Pep doped at one point, that Barce employed a doping doctor, an that la liga covered up doping of their players. Easy to draw one conclusion from that, and I'd say a good chance that its true.

That said, nothing says he is doping at Bayern or City. It is easy to get away with it in all sports if the money is right, but nothing says he is specifically doing it bar the fact he obviously isn't morally opposed to it

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City

Do you have a link to the article?

IIRC Wenger talked about players that Arsenal bought from abroad with blood passports suggesting that they had been doped.
Here you go mate: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.te...nal-chelsea-and-leicester-doping-allegat/amp/
Mentions Birmingham City too. It was in the Sunday Times originally but can’t find a link to that.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Your reply has missed the point completely. I’m not too fussed about city, nor butt hurt about their deserved lead & form.

It was a simple response to a single poster who’s seemingly unable to seperate any pep discussion from mourinho.

Witchking

So this is how it feels to be Liverpool fans, we are almost there . Take a bit of news without proper investigation and come to the conclusion that pep cheated.

Pep might just be a very good manager you know, instead of analysing why 'midgets' like sterling are running so much. :houllier:

gibers

Spot on. This is how far we've fallen that some posters are getting giddy talking about it. Excuses after excuses for us. First it's we can't play without Pogba, Pogba was there when we lost to Bristol City. Now it's city are doping. Maybe they have enough energy because they have 70%+ of the ball every game?

It's just sad that this is what we've been reduced to as a fan base. City fans must be laughing their heads off.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So this is how it feels to be Liverpool fans, we are almost there . Take a bit of news without proper investigation and come to the conclusion that pep cheated.

Pep might just be a very good manager you know, instead of analysing why 'midgets' like sterling are running so much. :houllier:
Liverpool fans had accused us anything but doping, or doing anything illegal. I don't see the parallel.

Witchking

Liverpool fans had accused us anything but doping, or doing anything illegal. I don't see the parallel.
We had fa in our pockets and old red nose cheated his way to titles. They kept hoping that something would come up which will tie united to bribing refs, fa.

Inter Yer Nan

It would be naive to think Pep is clean given his history and the red flags.

Didn't De Bruyne have an injury that was prognosed to be out for 2-3 months last year and all of a sudden sees a friend of Pep in Barcelona and he's back in 2 weeks.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I read that there is a limit to which players can be 'doped'.
“Without being caught by tests”. If other evidence came forward that they had been doping just under the testing levels it’s still a ban.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I don't believe it myself, but I do find it odd how a team of midgets can run their tits off all season and avoid almost all minor injuries. In the rare scenario they do get injured they usually come back much earlier than expected. Maybe he just has a great medical/fitness staff, I really don't know.

The talk about them dominating possession therefore not getting tired is rubbish too. If anything the intensity they play with would be even more tiring, they're always closing down players, closing down passing avenues, running in behind the defence, creating overloads etc.
What I find most telling is how bad his relationship was with Bayern medical staff. Maybe they weren't willing to comply with his miracle making?