Pep - Doping (?) | Are PEDs being used by footballers

Alabaster Codify7

I don't automatically think Pep is doping City, but I have to say, I had never actually considered the Silva situation. I agree, he has suddenly become seemingly rapid and relentless with his running which he was never known for and isn't something that would improve in a player at a later age. It is very suspect, indeed. Otamendia, I'm not so convinced about. But Silva does get my mind running and if one guy is on something, chances are many others are too in the same squad. Something to think about, though I don't see anything ever coming of it.

SirAF

Ageist
I don't want to say anything about a specific club or a coach - but this is my attitude towards every pro sport with a lot of money in it: I'd be stunned if doping wasn't widespread.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
It could just be Silva's better than he's ever been because he's under a far better manager than most of his previous ones who's managed to improve his training regimes, what he does on the pitch etc. A lot of this strikes me as people seeing what they want to see.

Kag

I don't want to say anything about a specific club or a coach - but this is my attitude towards every pro sport with a lot of money in it: I'd be stunned if doping wasn't widespread.
Likewise. The authorities are years behind the science.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
David Silva shaved his head, perhaps some accelerated balding from some of the good stuff? Maybe some adderall before the game?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
David Silva shaved his head, perhaps some accelerated balding from some of the good stuff? Maybe some adderall before the game?
When Rooney's hair buggered off, he became rubbish. Just our luck.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
:lol:

As someone whose basically watched every David Silva game in a City shirt since he signed for us, I can confirm he is no faster than he has ever been at any point for us. It's the same as the posts saying Otamendi seems faster :lol: I fecking wish

SteveJ

Scout

As someone whose basically watched every David Silva game in a City shirt since he signed for us, I can confirm he is no faster than he has ever been at any point for us. It's the same as the posts saying Otamendi seems faster :lol: I fecking wish
Don't spoil things by bringing evidence into it.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

That’s only because over the last few months time has started to seem slower for you. You know, because of all the drugs you now take.

SteveJ

Scout
Yup. The Pidge is right.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
United need to get hold of some of that stuff City are using.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
It could just be Silva's better than he's ever been because he's under a far better manager than most of his previous ones who's managed to improve his training regimes, what he does on the pitch etc. A lot of this strikes me as people seeing what they want to see.
Fair points. But Guardiola's previous surely comes into it...?

The guy has a massively shady record with doping and lots of these citeh players have way quicker reaction times and recovery rates than under previous managers.

I can understand both sides, but I think it's important not to rubbish the question immediately.

Greck

We've turned to Rawk swearing up and down Frogie was paying the refs. PED is a reality in football but not exclusive to any one team

James Peril

Just came here for exactly this. He's lightening quick all of a sudden. Could very well be coincidental but its odd
Very, very RAWKish thing to say - and the kind of thing you wish other fans don’t see. Jeesh...

Schneckerl

How long did it take to get Lance (the 'most tested' athlete ever) busted?
20 years?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
People making arguments about peps injuries and insane player staminas.... Is it the chicken or the egg? Is the success and motivation that drives your injury prevention and stamina or is it the drugs

padr81

Supports
Man City
This thread is hilarious... thank God it only represents a minority of you guys.

Fridge chutney

This thread should probably be put on hold until evidence emerges of doping.

City breach testing rules - fair game
New articles around the topic - fair game
Silva "looks faster" - :houllier:

Peebie

Sitting behind Jose trying to work out his notes
I think he could be blood doping them. It's an old practice of taking a pint of blood from them then injecting it back into them just before a performance. It can be dangerous having an extra pint of the good red cell stuff. Drugs tests don't always show this but it is considered illegal in all athletics.

There was this Scandinavian runner from years back that was always average in rankings but ran out of his skin come the medals and won almost everything. I forget his name but he was a blood doper. Older generations will recall it.

Maybe it's just sour grapes on my part hey? I envy what they are doing, we all do except they are bankrolled by a human rights catastrophe of a nation. It does seem a bit superhuman to everyone not just United supporters. My old man is a City fan, watches every game religiously for decades; even he thinks they have progressed super fast under a coach with not many years under his belt.

Oo0AahCantona

My thoughts exactly, every high level sport is rife with it, including football. It’s not so much every player is on a cycle and coming back ripped to shreds and benching 315, but there’s a massive grey area of performance enhancement that is being utilised everywhere, there’s too much on the line not to.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This thread should probably be put on hold until evidence emerges of doping.

City breach testing rules - fair game
New articles around the topic - fair game
Silva "looks faster" - :houllier:
There's not even a shred of evidence.
Ridiculous thread.

MuseJoris

All football teams should be tested a lot more. Not just city. Its ridiculous how little testing there is

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There's not even a shred of evidence.
Ridiculous thread.
David Silva sprinted faster than some Stoke defenders who were aimlessly jogging back, I think that's pretty damning evidence!
White text

pacifictheme

I don't automatically think Pep is doping City, but I have to say, I had never actually considered the Silva situation. I agree, he has suddenly become seemingly rapid and relentless with his running which he was never known for and isn't something that would improve in a player at a later age. It is very suspect, indeed. Otamendia, I'm not so convinced about. But Silva does get my mind running and if one guy is on something, chances are many others are too in the same squad. Something to think about, though I don't see anything ever coming of it.
If you look back at the papers pre pep coming in there were loads of articles about how he would be sold as he couldn't do what pep wants from a player. High intensity pressing etc.

I'd be amazed if footballers weren't doping. The stakes are so much higher than cycling and the testing is much less frequent.