'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

Pep's Suit

Sterling scored 2 goals in last 34 games. When he starts City struggle a lot.

Irwin99

Sounds like they were done on the counter again (Red card helped). They shouldn't be so confident about their chances in the derby next week, as we all know how we will line up and will look to play.

Skills

Snitch
Thought Tuchel was looking like his kryptonite last season, but Guardiola's found an answer to him now as well.

The 1-0 win earlier in the season was especially dominant. Chelsea didn't have a hope that game. As much as people want to paint him as this inflexible, idealistic fool who's always caught up in his ways - tactically he's always managed to find an answer to whoever his latest rival is. He's evened up the H2H against Klopp, and now he's looking like doing the same.vs Tuchel

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Thought Tuchel was looking like his kryptonite last season, but Guardiola's found an answer to him now as well.

The 1-0 win earlier in the season was especially dominant. Chelsea didn't have a hope that game. As much as people want to paint him as this inflexible, idealistic fool who's always caught up in his ways - tactically he's always managed to find an answer to whoever his latest rival is. He's evened up the H2H against Klopp, and now he's looking like doing the same.vs Tuchel
He literally operates on a different level to those teams. Why some people can’t at least take that into consideration bewilders me.

Pickle85

With the most resources and easily the best team. Klopp remains the better manager.
Agreed on the first point but disagree on the second. It's probably a matter of taste - Klopp is top class too but for me has yet to prove he can build a squad that dominates season after season.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
So good over a period of 38 games.

It's astonishing that he struggles in the CL a bit.

TrustInJanuzaj

Agreed on the first point but disagree on the second. It's probably a matter of taste - Klopp is top class too but for me has yet to prove he can build a squad that dominates season after season.
I’d probably pick Pep if I had a team with unlimited money due to his track record. At any only club I’d pick Klopp, better style (for me personally), better man manager, more personality and has just proven he can do so much more on a much more realistic budget.

Pickle85

I’d probably pick Pep if I had a team with unlimited money due to his track record. At any only club I’d pick Klopp, better style (for me personally), better man manager, more personality and has just proven he can do so much more on a much more realistic budget.
Yeah, I can see that. I think it's a coin toss between them really. Pep takes it for me based on his track record but agree he's had enormous resources and top players wherever he's gone. That said, he never fails to build relentless winning machines.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
With the most resources and easily the best team. Klopp remains the better manager.
Not sure about that. Pep knows the style he wants and buys players accordingly and while some might be flops, you know the end state of the side, and you know they'll win 9 games out of 10

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Klopp is easily better in this decade, is it even a competition?

Pep lost a CL final against that Chelsea side ffs.

Pickle85

Um...not sure if you're being serious. Compare their trophies and tell me if it's a competition. Klopp won a CL and a PL with 'pool. Pep has dominated the Prem for years. If either of them has a claim to be way ahead, it's Pep.

Pickle85

Ah, sorry, you're saying in this decade? As in the last two years? Fair enough, my bad.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Um...not sure if you're being serious. Compare their trophies and tell me if it's a competition. Klopp won a CL and a PL with 'pool. Pep has dominated the Prem for years. If either of them has a claim to be way ahead, it's Pep.
Yeah, the old trophy count, I always forget that Anderson is better than Gerrard.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
This decade as last ten years or so, of course I didn't mean last two years ffs. I am still in 2010s for some reason.

dove

You can't be serious :lol: Pep made a mockery of the PL and is walking the league yet again. There were 2 teams in the last 10-15 years that had that aura of invincibility and both of them are Pep's. You can hate him all you want but statements like "Klopp is easily better in this decade, is it even a competition" is just nonsense.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
There were 2 teams in the last 10-15 years that had that aura of invincibility and both of them are Pep's.
Man City is invincible? They are nothing special in CL.

He took over top2 team and with billions invested made them a champions in a league where Leicester was a champion, it's really not that big accomplishment in comparision with what Klopp did with Liverpool.

Ah cool

still think pep shades it imo
His record in CL with City and Bayern leaves a lot to be desired for me.

Last edited:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20

He took over top2 team and with billions invested made them a chanpions in a league where Leicester was a champion, it's really not that big accomplishment in comparision with what Klopp did with Liverpool.

Definitely. It’s like there is no context when people talk about his achievements. What Klopp has done at Liverpool is far more impressive. Built a team with various constraints, got lucky with Coutinho money, but made it count.

He didn’t just keep spending 50 million on players until he had a squad that could be rotated with ease while maintaining world class quality.

He is a fantastic tactician and a really impressive footballing mind, but his achievements at City have to be taken with a grain of salt.

They quite literally broke the rules to have the squad advantage that they have.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.

He took over top2 team and with billions invested made them a chanpions in a league where Leicester was a champion, it's really not that big accomplishment in comparision with what Klopp did with Liverpool.

Klopp literally broke the record for signing the most expensive goalkeeper and defender (who massively helped him to win UCL and PL) FFS.

I love how people talk as if Klopp is managing Norwich or Burnley.

dove

"Billions", right.
I am not trying to take anything away from Klopp, he is a brilliant manager and is certainly TOP 2 in the world maybe even best depending on your criteria but he is certainly not "easily better".

100, 98 and probably somewhere close tally of points this season too if they keep going is not a big accomplishment apparently. City are a fecking machine and it's much to do with Pep being in charge. His teams not winning as many CL titles as maybe they should have shouldn't take anything away from his accomplishments domestically, CL is a difficult competition to win, just ask SAF. Whoever City hire after him will be a downgrade and is hard to see them as dominant domestically as they are now with any other manager in the world, doesn't matter how much money they spend.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Definitely. It’s like there is no context when people talk about his achievements. What Klopp has done at Liverpool is far more impressive. Built a team with various constraints, got lucky with Coutinho money, but made it count.

He didn’t just keep spending 50 million on players until he had a squad that could be rotated with ease while maintaining world class quality.

He is a fantastic tactician and a really impressive footballing mind, but his achievements at City have to be taken with a grain of salt.

They quite literally broke the rules to have the squad advantage that they have.
Yes, he is very impressive and I would say easily top2 manager in the world, and probably still one of the greatest managers in past 20-30 years, but over praise is mostly coming from people who can't see longer than PL and him winning with 5-6 goals against PL minnows.

In his first season he finished third behind Spurs and Chelsea, in his first PL title Manchester United finished in second, and in his third season he finished one point ahead of Liverpool.
There is a strong reason he is not impressive in Champions League, and that's because he isn't that good as his league record might suggest, because he generally has far better team than 19 other teams, and by much. His second XI isn't far worse than any of other top4 first XI, people tend to forget that.

TrustInJanuzaj

Not sure about that. Pep knows the style he wants and buys players accordingly and while some might be flops, you know the end state of the side, and you know they'll win 9 games out of 10
I dont think he could have done this at Utd. We will never know though because pep has only every taken the easy way out. Hope before had retires he takes on at least one challenging job.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Is it actually true Ferguson told him to go & get some experience at Bayern so he did, but United overlooked him?

If so, has Fergie got any post retirement decisions right?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Klopp literally broke the record for signing the most expensive goalkeeper and defender (who massively helped him to win UCL and PL) FFS.

I love how people talk as if Klopp is managing Norwich or Burnley.
With money that he earned from the sale of a player that he coached. It’s a massive difference from the funds that Pep had at City.

Klopp’s work at Liverpool should already be hailed when you look at how many PL titles they had before he came, but history will herald his achievements there when you see how far Liverpool will drop off without him. There will be no 85+ point seasons after he is gone.

City, on the other hand, won titles before Pep and will continue to win titles after he is gone. The financial advantage they have will always mean they will always win titles. They might win them with a little less style, but who really cares at that point?

Pickle85

You can't be serious :lol: Pep made a mockery of the PL and is walking the league yet again. There were 2 teams in the last 10-15 years that had that aura of invincibility and both of them are Pep's. You can hate him all you want but statements like "Klopp is easily better in this decade, is it even a competition" is just nonsense.
Yeah, he's talking nonsense. I can understand having a preference for Klopp but to be that categorical about it is silly.

Pickle85

Yeah, the old trophy count, I always forget that Anderson is better than Gerrard.
What are you on about? This is a ridiculous false equivalence and you know it. Having a preference for Klopp is fine - I think you'll find most would disagree but whatever - but being so confident in that Klopp is ahead l is just silly. They're both great coaches but everything up to this point points to pep edging it.

Ladron de redcafe

The same frivolous points and it really does remind me of rival fans bemoaning United's budget, bitterly trying to convince themsleves there's nothing special about categorically dominating a league because (insert list of excuses here).