'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

Hughie77

Imo he's shitting his Spanish pants, that were on the up, his corrupt club is fecked. Hurry up premier league and do your stuff.

ManUnitedCanuck

They have a very good set of players, but they really play a boring brand of football.

I don't understand why with Haaland upfront they arent trying to get him in behind constantly.
Because you will give up possession a lot doing that.

Loon

:lol:
'Our away fans are amazing! Mainly come from MANCHESTER' | Pep Guardiola

https://youtube.com/shorts/_qY5YbNgM_I?feature=share
Stockport. This idea that Manchester has less United fans than City was disproved a long time ago. Even after City bought the big time.

Pep is just on a needle expedition.

Having listened to him, it’s just the fact Bristol is a long way from Manchester is why he is stating it in fairness

justsomebloke

I've always respected him and generally found him to be fair and reasonable in his comments, but he's really started to grate recently. His arrogant puffing over the recent indictment was distasteful and weird, showed a lack of proper respect for due process and put his integrity into question. And his statements on the League Cup are plain to see for what they are - a sore loser trying to start a pissing contest. That never reflects well on anyone, even if you win the contest - and with United, on the issue of winning lots of trophies, he wouldn't.

Seen in the context of what he's saying to and about his own team and their performance lately, it gives the impression he's a bit rattled.....and maybe also somewhat resentful of the praise being heaped on ETH currently? Although you'd think someone with his pedigree and reputation would be more immune to that. Then again, SAF was that way too, so....

jm99

He's always seemed a bit like this it's just that constant success everywhere has meant he's never really been given an opportunity to meltdown

Chief123

They have a very good set of players, but they really play a boring brand of football.

I don't understand why with Haaland upfront they arent trying to get him in behind constantly.
When you make it your main focus of attack, you slowly become a counter attacking team as you will need to concede possession and space to allow the opponents to come towards you in order to allow Haaland to have space in behind.

It’s the complete opposite of what Pep wants. His game is all based on the obsession of possession. When you become very good at keeping the ball, you naturally drive your opponents deeper meaning you don’t have space in behind to attack the spaces.

Yes City players have missed opportunities to play him in at times, but it appears Pep wants to continue with the focus of moving the ball to get the team up into the final 3rd for the cut backs and over loads.

jm99

Actually is a horrible bloke. Wasn't he also implicated in a drug scandal at Barca?
Well this is from Wikipedia on the doping scandal in Spain

In January 2013, the Operacion Puerto trial went underway, and Eufemiano Fuentes offered to reveal the names of all the athletes who were his clients. Julia Santamaria, the judge presiding the trial, told Fuentes that he was not under obligations to name any athlete other than the cyclists implicated. Fuentes stated that he supplied athletes in other sports with drugs and said: "I could identify all the samples [of blood]. If you give me a list I could tell you who corresponds to each code on the [blood] packs."[31]

On the 30 April 2013 Fuentes was found guilty and given a one-year suspended prison sentence. The judge also ruled on a request to hand over blood bags to the Spanish Anti-Doping Agency. The judge ordered the blood bags destroyed, but the anti-doping agency has appealed

"The judge ordered the blood bags destroyed" :lol:

Definitely nothing to see there

Fluctuation0161

It's normal to be frustrated and bitter when you dominate English football for 5 years and now you are second, behind your own Lego figurine, in danger of losing the title, your tactics don't work that well anymore and you see Utd rising. I would be also.
He is really ambitious I would give him that.
Not only that, it is now commo knowledge that his club cheated to win any trophies he has.

Bitter Bert.

Fluctuation0161

Pep’s just really unlikeable isn’t he.
He’s a great manager but other than that I don’t see any redeeming qualities there at all.

He’s the Thierry Henry of managers, both seem to live in some sort of a “everyone else is beneath me” bubble.
I never hated Bergkamp, or Shearer, or Ancelotti (well he’s hard to dislike tbh) or Lampard or Mourinho or Steven Gerrard, they all have human qualities and are not afraid to show their vulnerabilities regardless of whether they played for or managed a rival, but Pep and Henry I could never relate to on any sort of level.

He does look somewhat on the edge and exhausted, perhaps rival managers in the league need to start poking him a bit so he fecks off like Mourinho did him in Spain.
Henry had some charisma and charm with a spark of something special. Not comparable. Pep plays boring pass to death football with tactical fouls and needs the best players to do it after financial doping.

caid

I love that it bothers him. That need for approval. Winning is only half the battle for him, he wants to be loved and admired.
Because i know he wont get that at city. This is probably as good as it gets for his time at city. Even if his achievements aren't straight up voided in a couple of years they'll carry an asterisk in every football fans head.

HookedOnAPhelan

Oh man, it bothers him so much :lol:

He's clearly realized that no matter how much he wins at City nobody will give a shit, and it eats him from the inside.

MUFC OK

Taking off Haaland on a double hattrick was to preserve Messi’s record and no one can tell me otherwise.

He’s wrong on the CL point too, only SAF has dominated the League and won the CL in the PL era so it would elevate his status. His biggest problem is that he still sees it as about him. SAF thought differently.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Taking off Haaland on a double hattrick was to preserve Messi’s record and no one can tell me otherwise.

He’s wrong on the CL point too, only SAF has dominated the League and won the CL in the PL era so it would elevate his status. His biggest problem is that he still sees it as about him. SAF thought differently.
Yeah but Julia Roberts isn’t your idol so how would you know how that feels?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Hard to disagree with that

AaronRedDevil

He's gonna overtake Sir Alex's in trophy hauls. Got a good 10 years left in him and his playstyle doesn't seem to be ineffective anytime soon. Annoyingly good manager. I'm not saying he's better than SAF mind.

MUFC OK

He's gonna overtake Sir Alex's in trophy hauls. Got a good 10 years left in him and his playstyle doesn't seem to be ineffective anytime soon. Annoyingly good manager. I'm not saying he's better than SAF mind.
He won’t be in the PL for much longer I reckon. Once he gets the CL there will be a victory lap season then he will be off.

cyberman

He’s going to have every City title stripped from him and every chance Barcas titles are taken away as well

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
He needs 3 more big trophies to equal Fergie. 6 if we don't count winning the Bundesliga as a big trophy ( :nervous: ).

But even if he catches up to Fergie I doubt he'll be considered the better manager. What Fergie did with Aberdeen is special too. I just can't see Pep doing something like that.

Judas

Open to offers
I love how he doesn't even hide how annoyed he is that his City success means nothing, and his whole period in England would have been so much more satisfying if he'd come to us :lol: its wonderfully tragic.

How does Bluemoon cope with these never ending admissions.