g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Pep's spending is insane (£941m and counting at City)

Jeffthered

Well a few things to consider. He also got rid of a few. He has improved a number of the existing players. They play fantastic footie, and they walked the league.

He has spent pretty wisely in my opinion. City, United etc will always pay over the odds... but look at what he has built. and it has already reaped reward. Remember, he said no to Alexis Sanchez. Nuff said really.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Ha Ha. Knew that was coming.
Desperate stuff.
Yeah, truly desperate that.

In fact I was contemplating adding a "I am tired of mentioning this again but..." part to my response, but I didn't.

You would hope that it wouldn't have to be mentioned time and time again, but posters like you and a lot of Citeh fans have somehow deluded themselves into believing that you are not in fact just another sugardaddy club. The fact that you try to compare United spending with City spending just proves the point.

Never see the same delusion with the Chelsea fans.

Velvet Revolver

For all the talk of money spent he still has to coach them and he has them at a level I doubt any other manager could. Bringing up their money while we are also one of the biggest spenders across Europe is tone deaf and just bitter.
I don't think anyone is doubting pep's skills as a manager/coach. But it is a fact that without money he cannot achieve what he wants to do. He coaches player well but he also needs specific players at a certain skill level.

If he managed to win the PL with academy players then he would be considered as a genius! I don think he is.

haram

For all the talk of money spent he still has to coach them and he has them at a level I doubt any other manager could. Bringing up their money while we are also one of the biggest spenders across Europe is tone deaf and just bitter.
Zidane has won 3 CL’s in a row with Real, I dont think his ways are genius. I think Pep is a top coach but if he does not have the best players his ways cannot work. His ideas are good, but the quality of player needed to implement them to a level where you can have success is very very high.

M Bison

Supports
York City
City about to unveil Mahrez and Jorginho while Utd are trying to bring in Dalot, ladies and gentlemen there lies the difference between the two clubs,one is utterly professionally run while the other labours without any sort of genuine intent and vision!
Silly post. Its the 31st May ffs, the complaining over our transfer inactivity is ridiculous.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Yeah, truly desperate that.

In fact I was contemplating adding a "I am tired of mentioning this again but..." part to my response, but I didn't.

You would hope that it wouldn't have to be mentioned time and time again, but posters like you and a lot of Citeh fans have somehow deluded themselves into believing that you are not in fact just another sugardaddy club. The fact that you try to compare United spending with City spending just proves the point.

Never see the same delusion with the Chelsea fans.
We wouldn’t be anywhere near where we are today without the Sheikh nobody with at least half a brain would dispute that. We are a challenge for the mighty Man Utd to knock off our perch just like you did with Liverpool.
Are you up for it? Your time will come again. In the meantime get your act together and stop bleating.

Djemba-Djemba

We wouldn’t be anywhere near where we are today without the Sheikh nobody with at least half a brain would dispute that. We are a challenge for the mighty Man Utd to knock off our perch just like you did with Liverpool.
Are you up for it? Your time will come again. In the meantime get your act together and stop bleating.
You need to retain the title or do something of note in Europe before you start boasting about perchs ffs.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
You need to retain the title or do something of note in Europe before you start boasting about perchs ffs.
We’ve set PL records that are unlikely to be erased in my lifetime. Many are already conceding next season’s PL to us already (not me BTW). The reason most of us follow Football is to witness whether the favourites (Liverpool or United most years, City and Chelsea more recently) prevail or whether they come unstuck and someone like Leicester comes along and upsets the odds.
Ferguson famously knocked Liverpool off their perch. Pundits consider City almost uncatchable at the moment. Can your current group of players, coaches and execs bring you back to the top of the English game?
Let’s find out and enjoy the ride.

Djemba-Djemba

We’ve set PL records that are unlikely to be erased in my lifetime. Many are already conceding next season’s PL to us already (not me BTW). The reason most of us follow Football is to witness whether the favourites (Liverpool or United most years, City and Chelsea more recently) prevail or whether they come unstuck and someone like Leicester comes along and upsets the odds.
Ferguson famously knocked Liverpool off their perch. Pundits consider City almost uncatchable at the moment. Can your current group of players, coaches and execs bring you back to the top of the English game?
Let’s find out and enjoy the ride.
I don't even know how to respond to this.

It's like you're narrating some crap documentary on the Premier League.

Schneckerl

What is irritating is that we've underperformed according to those statistics. Our spending is in line with Barcelona and Real Madrid but our success isn't.
Not really suprising, with Barca spending zero on their most important players in that time period.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Ferguson famously knocked Liverpool off their perch.
He did it by winning 13 titles. You've quite a way to go to reach that perch (another 13 titles of your own wouldn't even do it).

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I don't even know how to respond to this.

It's like you're narrating some crap documentary on the Premier League.
The posts from City fans are really strange when compared to Chelsea fans. Chelsea fans just enjoy their success and don't feel the need to parade it in everyone's faces. City fans seem to be more arrogant despite accomplishing far less. They also constantly make references to United as if that is at all relevant to their own success.

Duffer had some great banter last season, and is always good for some jokes when Chelsea win or lose. I'm struggling to find a city fan that doesn't make me sink into my chair from the pure cringe from their posts.

bleedred

The point I was making was that United were trying to spend 100m on one player five years ago yet some folk get hot under the collar at our spending. The 30 odd million spent on Rio is equivalent to 100m now. Pogba and Lukaku were also close to that mark and you have reportedly lodged a 100m rejected bid fro SMS this summer.
Your hindsight 20/20 point about The Chosen One (United's title for Moysey) is redundant.
Its nice cherry picking when you can only point out the big money signings we have made!.

Yes, Rio was bought for 30 M, a transfer record, but you conveniently ignore that we had players who cost peanuts in the squad as well, unlike your squad where even the benchwarmers cost more than wigan's budget!

Ever heard of Tu quoque???

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The posts from City fans are really strange when compared to Chelsea fans. Chelsea fans just enjoy their success and don't feel the need to parade it in everyone's faces. City fans seem to be more arrogant despite accomplishing far less. They also constantly make references to United as if that is at all relevant to their own success.

Duffer had some great banter last season, and is always good for some jokes when Chelsea win or lose. I'm struggling to find a city fan that doesn't make me sink into my chair from the pure cringe from their posts.
@padr81

M Bison

Supports
York City
Choose your words carefully....yes i have noticed the date,are opinions allowed in your part of the world...
Choose my words carefully, what are you talking about?!

It was a silly post, complaining about our transfer strategy when the transfer window isn't even open yet.

IrishRedDevil

His spending is insane but when you win the league with so many points nobody really cares about the money spent. We simply must spend similar.

KGBhoy

His spending is insane but when you win the league with so many points nobody really cares about the money spent. We simply must spend similar.
Exactly. This only works if he's not improving the team. I don't think anyone would complain if Jose spent $500m and won the league comfortably while playing mesmerizing football scoring tons of goals.
Fahcts: yes, they are funded by oil money; yes, their spending is insane; it's not going away; but they are also playing well.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Choose my words carefully, what are you talking about?!

It was a silly post, complaining about our transfer strategy when the transfer window isn't even open yet.
Transfer windows been open for a couple of weeks, they started it early and closing it on the Friday before the start of the season

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City

Seriously, what do you expect City fans to do when we’ve had 30-odd years of largely abject failure rammed down our throats by United fans in the name of banter? What parallel universe are you living in not to expect some of that to be returned with interest now that we’ve got a decent team? Maybe you don’t live locally, in which case I wouldn’t expect you to get it. That’s not a dig by the way but if you live in the goldfish bowl of Manchester and it’s immediate vicinity you might begin to understand it so comparing it to how Chelsea fans are towards United is akin to comparing apples and oranges.

As it happens, I can assure you I was a far bigger c*nt towards United fans when we were utter dog shit than I am now - as many of my United supporting mates will testify. I’m just happy seeing City challenging for trophies - United not quite being at the races the past few years is just an unexpected bonus.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Their spending is insane but I must say, the money is being used well.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I’m just happy seeing City challenging for trophies - United not quite being at the races the past few years is just an unexpected bonus.
If my team got to 100 points in the league, I'd rather our rivals had 99 points than 80, makes it all the more sweeter.

Josep Dowling

Its nice cherry picking when you can only point out the big money signings we have made!.

Yes, Rio was bought for 30 M, a transfer record, but you conveniently ignore that we had players who cost peanuts in the squad as well, unlike your squad where even the benchwarmers cost more than wigan's budget!

Ever heard of Tu quoque???
And the fact that Ferdinand was a first team player for 10 years. The only big price signing that was sold quickly under Fergie was Veron.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
If my team got to 100 points in the league, I'd rather our rivals had 99 points than 80, makes it all the more sweeter.
Good point mate but I wasn’t really referring to this season - United had their best placed finish since Ferguson retired - but moreso the 6th and 7th place finishes in recent seasons. That’s something I never really expected to see.