g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Pep's spending is insane (£941m and counting at City)

CA1

I've heard Mark Zuckerberg in the past if anybody could link that with 11.

Greck

It is insane but prior to Pep it never mattered how many stars City bought because we always had them in check. Now we've swapped places with them. We buy all these big names but no one is worried about us

SER19

I just learned that city walked away from pogba. Pogba who used to openly mock them on Twitter.

Their spending is absolutely disgusting. Every team has to try match it. United will, Chelsea will, klopp has already changed his entire philosophy, Tottenham need to try stay in top 4 arsenal need to tryy match Tottenham and if English clubs emerge as top in Europe over the next few years then Europe's clubs will have to outspend too

City have completely skewed the criteria required to aim for and try maintain success and have directed clubs in a direction that is unsustainable. They and their Dubai money are a plague on British football and when the post mortems are being written, trying to pinpoint why football lost so many fans and became just another sport, city will have been the main causative factor.

SER19

Whatever rubbish is being spouted is about elon musk.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
I can definitely say one thing that Real's Ronaldo deal absolutely had no effect on the Market. He was once in a generation player.It was Real's bale obsession which had massive effect. But these are world class buys who are classified as forward players or creators or goal scorers.
You offered more for Bale than Real did but failed with the bid.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...hting-ahead-return-manchester-united-laments/

The Scot also laid out what his transfer plans were when he arrived at United. “When I first went in my real target was Gareth Bale,” Moyes said. “I felt all along that Gareth Bale was a Manchester United player. I fought right until the last minute. We actually offered [Tottenham Hotspur] a bigger deal than Real Madrid [a then world record £85 million – United offered £100 million]. But Gareth had his mind made up on going to Real Madrid. That was, in my mind, the player I really wanted to bring to Manchester United.

el magico

Supports
Manchester City
I just learned that city walked away from pogba. Pogba who used to openly mock them on Twitter.

Their spending is absolutely disgusting. Every team has to try match it. United will, Chelsea will, klopp has already changed his entire philosophy, Tottenham need to try stay in top 4 arsenal need to tryy match Tottenham and if English clubs emerge as top in Europe over the next few years then Europe's clubs will have to outspend too

City have completely skewed the criteria required to aim for and try maintain success and have directed clubs in a direction that is unsustainable. They and their Dubai money are a plague on British football and when the post mortems are being written, trying to pinpoint why football lost so many fans and became just another sport, city will have been the main causative factor.
https://theirishgifthouse.com/contents/en-us/d2138_Irish_Logic_Jokes.html

zing

Zingle balls
If @Cal? was important enough to have repercussions for leaking the actual name, he'd be equally liable for giving shit clues like this. Ergo, he knows feck all.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You know something? Kyle Walker dissed City on Twitter once. It happens. Kids with too much time on their hands post shit sometimes.

If you don't believe that City and Pogba came close to a deal in 2015 you may prefer to believe the Daily Telegraph?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...nchester-City-open-talks-with-Paul-Pogba.html
So Pogba is another one to add to the list of footballers who opted for United of City.

That makes Berba, Pogba and Sanchez (plus any others I have failed to mention)

IronCroos37

City is smart giving Pep this amount of money as he is a sure thing to win trophies and so far he bought quality players. The manager that comes after him will have a great team as well. We did spend huge as well, not as much as city but we are meh.

Imagine Klopp with this budget, as he does need quality players on the bench as well because of fatigue. He could create another all time great team.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
You offered more for Bale than Real did but failed with the bid.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...hting-ahead-return-manchester-united-laments/

The Scot also laid out what his transfer plans were when he arrived at United. “When I first went in my real target was Gareth Bale,” Moyes said. “I felt all along that Gareth Bale was a Manchester United player. I fought right until the last minute. We actually offered [Tottenham Hotspur] a bigger deal than Real Madrid [a then world record £85 million – United offered £100 million]. But Gareth had his mind made up on going to Real Madrid. That was, in my mind, the player I really wanted to bring to Manchester United.
No one in their right mind would choose a Moyes led United ahead of RM.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
City is smart giving Pep this amount of money as he is a sure thing to win trophies and so far he bought quality players. The manager that comes after him will have a great team as well. We did spend huge as well, not as much as city but we are meh.

Imagine Klopp with this budget, as he does need quality players on the bench as well because of fatigue. He could create another all time great team
Klopp may very well get his wish of managing a top football team before long. Real may come calling for his services.

shaky

Imagine Klopp with this budget, as he does need quality players on the bench as well because of fatigue. He could create another all time great team.
What other all time great team has Klopp created?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It’s funny how when it comes to City everyone here agrees their success is purely down to money but when it comes to clubs like Arsenal and Spurs there are so many reasons for failure not related to finances.

The reasons for success and lack thereof always change depending on which clubs are discussed. Sometimes you see people try to refute their very own points when talking when comparing United to two different clubs.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
So Pogba is another one to add to the list of footballers who opted for United of City.

That makes Berba, Pogba and Sanchez (plus any others I have failed to mention)
Yeah, events have proven what we missed out on :(

SER19

genuinely didn't click on this. either you've copied the wrong link or are making an appalling joke.

You know something? Kyle Walker dissed City on Twitter once. It happens. Kids with too much time on their hands post shit sometimes.

If you don't believe that City and Pogba came close to a deal in 2015 you may prefer to believe the Daily Telegraph?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...nchester-City-open-talks-with-Paul-Pogba.html
A non quoted, non verified article written by a british journalist in the middle of the transfer window? well allow me to retract. Even if true, agents speak to all the top clubs about their players all the time.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
No one in their right mind would choose a Moyes led United ahead of RM.
The point I was making was that United were trying to spend 100m on one player five years ago yet some folk get hot under the collar at our spending. The 30 odd million spent on Rio is equivalent to 100m now. Pogba and Lukaku were also close to that mark and you have reportedly lodged a 100m rejected bid fro SMS this summer.
Your hindsight 20/20 point about The Chosen One (United's title for Moysey) is redundant.

Hawks2008

For all the talk of money spent he still has to coach them and he has them at a level I doubt any other manager could. Bringing up their money while we are also one of the biggest spenders across Europe is tone deaf and just bitter.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
The point I was making was that United were trying to spend 100m on one player five years ago yet some folk get hot under the collar at our spending. The 30 odd million spent on Rio is equivalent to 100m now. Pogba and Lukaku were also close to that mark and you have reportedly lodged a 100m rejected bid fro SMS this summer.
Your hindsight 20/20 point about The Chosen One (United's title for Moysey) is redundant.
United can spend whatever much they like without scrutiny since every penny is earned. Citeh, just like Chelsea before them, will have to put up with the tag of being funded.

reddaz71

City about to unveil Mahrez and Jorginho while Utd are trying to bring in Dalot, ladies and gentlemen there lies the difference between the two clubs,one is utterly professionally run while the other labours without any sort of genuine intent and vision!

fd212

Supports
Liverpool
So whatever happened to FFP? Or are they just spending their Premier league money? Their stadium is called Etihad, their sponsors are Etihad and they are owned by Abu Dhabi royalty. It's like all their money is coming from one source (maybe indirectly).

By the way new poster but I come in peace :).

Tyrion

That is amazing. It is worth considering that their figures are from 2008-09 so judging Pep by them isn't necessarily fair but it's nothing we don't already know. City are propped up by huge amounts of oil money.

What is irritating is that we've underperformed according to those statistics. Our spending is in line with Barcelona and Real Madrid but our success isn't.

SER19

City about to unveil Mahrez and Jorginho while Utd are trying to bring in Dalot, ladies and gentlemen there lies the difference between the two clubs,one is utterly professionally run while the other labours without any sort of genuine intent and vision!
shut the feck up you absolute drama queen.

SER19

:lol: every time a city fan makes some absurd roundabout argument about singular transfer fees being someway related to billions spent cracks me up.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
A non quoted, non verified article written by a british journalist in the middle of the transfer window? well allow me to retract. Even if true, agents speak to all the top clubs about their players all the time.
OK don't take the report of a serious writer on a serious publication if you don't want to.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...a-and-meet-71m-british-transfer-10367222.html

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...s/manchester-city-transfer-paul-pogba-9618641

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-news/man-city-ready-give-up-6023055

These are a few more indications that there was an attempt to thrash out a deal between City and Pogba in the summer of 2015 but it stalled due to excessive wage demands and other add ons but if you want to bury your head in the sand and not accept this inconvenient truth then go ahead.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
United can spend whatever much they like without scrutiny since every penny is earned. Citeh, just like Chelsea before them, will have to put up with the tag of being funded.
Ha Ha. Knew that was coming.
Desperate stuff.