Gaming PES 2019 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS)

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Used a 2-day PS Plus pass just so I could sample the online matchmaking...I hate playing online and per usual, the MyClub mode is rife with the stuff that makes me want to pull my hairs out. Tried a couple regular ranked matches and it was a little better - managed to get the 20 pass trophy as Sampdoria in a pretty decent way:

Dayummm :eek: Very good Sir!
Does anyone know how to upload replays on any site like youtube ?

Bojan11

The game is a joke online. This is why Fifa will always easily beat it.

3 min pauses before games. Here I am doing unranked games and some bozo spends 3 minutes doing all his little tactics and set up. Where I just wanna play. They also sometimes pause it at the start of the game.

Here’s my suggestion Konami. Make all the tactics pre match and just once you search for a game then that’s it. Give everyone about 3 or 4 pauses which last 30 seconds.

They should rename it Pause Evo Soccer. Fifa for all its faults online is so far advanced in terms of matchmaking and how fast you get to play. As crazy as it sounds some people wanna play and not be stuck in menus for most of the time.

dove

3 min pauses before games. Here I am doing unranked games and some bozo spends 3 minutes doing all his little tactics and set up. Where I just wanna play. They also sometimes pause it at the start of the game.

Here’s my suggestion Konami. Make all the tactics pre match and just once you search for a game then that’s it. Give everyone about 3 or 4 pauses which last 30 seconds.

They should rename it Pause Evo Soccer. Fifa for all its faults online is so far advanced in terms of matchmaking and how fast you get to play. As crazy as it sounds some people wanna play and not be stuck in menus for most of the time.
And then after all this suffering when you score a nice goal you can't even watch a replay because other player can just skip it...

noodlehair

"It's like..."
According to metro game central, the AI is the weak link in the series.
I actually think the AI is one of its strong points in some ways.

I enjoyed the last one a lot more when I started playing as different teams, because there is so much variation in how differebt players, formations, tactics etc. Interact with each other.

The AI does have its flaws but the depth of it is impressive

Sterling Archer

Dayummm :eek: Very good Sir!
Does anyone know how to upload replays on any site like youtube ?
Thank you! So I used the default app on PS4 called ShareFactory. It did a decent job, though I need to find a good way to remove the gamertags.

That's a really really good idea! I don't see why they can't patch something like that on?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The gameplay is incredible.

I just hope I don't have to restart my ML due to this transfer issue. Thankfully Madrid and Barca aren't selling too many players.

Gasolin

Thank you! So I used the default app on PS4 called ShareFactory. It did a decent job, though I need to find a good way to remove the gamertags.
That's a really really good idea! I don't see why they can't patch something like that on?
There is something called "save tactics". And then the user can load it back... if they don't want to use it, it's their problem.

The other problem I face online is that some stupid guys wait until the last 30s to load a new tactics that looks completely different and if you were man marking them, you are screwed because the marking is all over the place.

Sterling Archer

There is something called "save tactics". And then the user can load it back... if they don't want to use it, it's their problem.

The other problem I face online is that some stupid guys wait until the last 30s to load a new tactics that looks completely different and if you were man marking them, you are screwed because the marking is all over the place.
Ah don't play online much, didn't realize that was an option. Seems the other guy didn't either - I wonder if that's just bc he's a FIFA underling or genuinely didn't.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I had to stop playing this now that I have Spiderman. A little break from it won't hurt, it's been a long time since a football videogame made me this addicted

amolbhatia50k

Got an update that they're working on fixing the crazy transfers in ML. No idea if they'll completely sort it out but some improvement can be expected. Wondering whether to dump my ML save :( I don't want to play it more and then restart

amolbhatia50k

Anyone else restarting their ML? I've got serie A and la Liga MLs and those two leagues aren't as badly hit as the PL is.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Got an update that they're working on fixing the crazy transfers in ML. No idea if they'll completely sort it out but some improvement can be expected. Wondering whether to dump my ML save :( I don't want to play it more and then restart
If they do, I’ll buy the game.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Anyone else restarting their ML? I've got serie A and la Liga MLs and those two leagues aren't as badly hit as the PL is.
I didn't start one after hearing about the transfers I've just been busying myself with MyClub and Become a Legend in the meantime, which is dangerous as I can get terribly addicted to Become a Legend and abandon everything else :nervous:

amolbhatia50k

I didn't start one after hearing about the transfers I've just been busying myself with MyClub and Become a Legend in the meantime, which is dangerous as I can get terribly addicted to Become a Legend and abandon everything else :nervous:
I'm in my second season with Betis and while Madrid and Barcelona aren't really affected and no small as Spanish team has sold everyone, the English teams have gone mental. I suppose it's fine for my first ML as I intend to play one with United and one with Everton (original players) too.

Sweet Square

Not much to say other than I've just got this today and it's very very good. Also don't know about anyone else to but fan view is the best camera this year.

lawliet354

Got the game last week, looks like they improve the ball physics even more which is amazing already last year, and the goalkeeper's movement is a bit better too IMO

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The computer's insistence on constantly playing the ball out wide, faffing around, then crossing it in along the floor is ruining what is a near perfect game.

Well ruining is harsh as it's still pretty good, but they could do with releasing a patch just to iron out this and a few other flaws.

I'm surprised how much better it is from last year though. I've just been playing games with random teams almost in shock at how good I think it is.

Is it actually possible to beat a player while sprinting?
I don't know if there's a trick to it. I've done it a few times but you seem to have to burst away from someone rather than just hold or tap the sprint button. I'm used to last year's game where with a good player you could skip away from players fairly easily by just timing the change of direction correctly and holding sprint. Every time I've tried that with this I just fumble slowly straight into the defender.

binary bot
I bought this for the first time in a few years, whilst waiting on Fifa. I think the gameplay is excellent, far better than Fifa 18. Konami seem to be shit at adding the finishing touches though. The game has great potential but it comes up short with daft things. Like the co-operative play with friends is good, and shows exactly what EA could have done with pro clubs - rather than leaving it to rot the last few years. For some reason you get matched against 1 user with 2 CPU while searching for a match with two friends, in a mode designed for not playing with the computer. And the CPU is ridiculously good in tandem with a user.

And you need a degree from that Gary Neville University to understand my club.

doomy20

I bought PES instead of Fifa this year, actually the first year since 10 years i won´t buy Fifa.

PRO:
The gameplay. Simply better and so much more satisfying than Fifa. You know that feeling in Fifa when u could play a long ball or a cross from half-distance or whatever and you just don´t do it "because this doesn´t work in Fifa". Well, i have the feeling that those things do not exist in PES, the variety of different goals is massive. Fluild football all arround, highly addictive and so much fun. Graphics are at the same level, even slighty better for me.

CONS:
Everything else. The menu is a bit odd. Matchmaking in Online mode takes to long, the time players are given to set up the team before match start is WAY to much and also the pause times during games. All in all a lot of waiting. Another thing which bothers me is that the opponent can skip my own goal replays, what´s the point of it then.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I think there's an option in gameplan whereas you can select the players you want attacking the box.
How do you do this? I'm fed up with trying to score corners when I have Mata and Sanchez in the six yard box while smalling and co longer about on the half way line.

It's actually even more dumb than our real life corners

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
How do you do this? I'm fed up with trying to score corners when I have Mata and Sanchez in the six yard box while smalling and co longer about on the half way line.

It's actually even more dumb than our real life corners
It's pretty simple, find an option in game plan "players to join attack" and click on players you want to join the attack. I think you can click kn three players.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It's pretty simple, find an option in game plan "players to join attack" and click on players you want to join the attack. I think you can click kn three players.
Is this just for corners though or all set pieces? Are they just going to charge forwards all the time? It might be easy but it isn't exactly explained very well.

It's a pretty dumb oversight to be honest. What team doesn't have at least one of it's centrebacks come up for corners?

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Is this just for corners though or all set pieces? Are they just going to charge forwards all the time? It might be easy but it isn't exactly explained very well.

It's a pretty dumb oversight to be honest. What team doesn't have at least one of it's centrebacks come up for corners?
It's just for corners from what I can remember, surprised you never used it. But you can always push defenders in attack manually during set pieces using right analog.

On those patches on the internet many teams have it automatically turned on(defenders in attack during cirners), that's why I avoid playing PES without patches, but you know Konami are shit with those things, asking them to do transfers that are just couple of months old is big task, let alone setting realistic default formations and stuff. They are terrible at those things for some reason, it's like they do it on purpose. The other day I played original PES 19 on PS3(I usually use PC, haven't played it on console for years) and I couldn't believe how old those transfers were, it's embarassing, they had Rooney at United. How difficult is to fecking at least edit transfers before releasing the game?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
My brother got this and we want to play a master league, me as Arsenal, him as Spurs. How do we do it?

Unless it's not possible, which would be a shame.

redspoony

I'm new to pc gaming, and decided to pick up PES today. I've got a newlaptop with 8gb RAM, I7-8750H and GeForce GTX 1060.

This runs things like Forza Horizon 4, Black Ops 4, Tomb Raider with zero issues.

PES stutters BADLY. I've tried windowed mode, no good.

Please can someone help? Thanks in advance.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I'm new to pc gaming, and decided to pick up PES today. I've got a newlaptop with 8gb RAM, I7-8750H and GeForce GTX 1060.

This runs things like Forza Horizon 4, Black Ops 4, Tomb Raider with zero issues.

PES stutters BADLY. I've tried windowed mode, no good.

Please can someone help? Thanks in advance.
I had the same problems with PES2018 on a good laptop, couldn't find a way to fix it. Try using lower details option and see what hapoens.

amolbhatia50k

Loving master league on this game. Always so challenging.
The transfers are killing me. I want to take on the challenge of taking United past Liverpool and City the Liverpool keep selling all their players. Into the first January window and they've sold Mane and Firmino. fecksake. Restarting.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Fecking Konami, after 2018 I have problems with lag on PES 2019 too. Has anyone solved it yet, I can see lot of problems for other users too, but neither of the solutions fixed it for me?

You cannot even rely on them that my pirate version will work.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Fecking Konami, after 2018 I have problems with lag on PES 2019 too. Has anyone solved it yet, I can see lot of problems for other users too, but neither of the solutions fixed it for me?

You cannot even rely on them that my pirate version will work.
Don't know whether it has been mentioned, I tried out all the standard tweaks in the Nvidia control panel and had fairly little success. The thing that solved the problem completely for me was to exclude two cores, in essence turning an 8 core into a 6. After that it runs butter smooth. AMD FX 8320 and 960 GTX.

I'm indifferent to this years PES.
Its still the more enjoyable football sim out there.The variety of goals is so much more varied compared to Fifa. And,when you're not going against the AI,the game hits its strength against a fellow competitors,on or offline.

I find ML to be quite shallow this year though.The presentation is dated and bland.Lacking any sense of that quirky Asian novel interface and the offline AI is inconstant.
The scripting,which has been prominent in both PES and Fifa,is back in all its infuriating glory.
AI players seemingly never tire. Ridiculous pressing.Poor teams and players seemingly look and play better than anyone of the top class teams you pick.
Dont get me wrong I like competition and not every top team is going to have a easy ride against weaker opponents but there's literally no balance here.
Plus,doesnt help that your players play with a disadvantage. For whatever reason my players feel slow in comparison to the lively,creative AI.
Oh,and Messi is verging on useless against the AI,mores so on Super-star and Legend difficulty.He's easily muscled off the ball.

On the pitch the gameplay looks great,though the generic stadiums are also starting to look their age as are the players with no proper identity.

I got the game at a good price (£20),and this was a few months back.And all things considered it's probably worth it.

Be interesting to read other peoples views regarding the AI and what difficulty level people play against when they're offline,more so on ML as I find exhibition mode to be alot more enjoyable whatever its difficulty.Odd I know.