Peter Whittingham has passed away

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I’m not sure how many people know of this player, he was an excellent passer and the main man for Cardiff for a good while.

My cousin was out with him to watch the rugby (England vs Wales). He was messing about outside and ended up hitting his head on the pavement. Sadly, it looks like the damage is irreversible. Very sad situation, he has children as well. I’be met him a few times and despite him playing for Cardiff he‘s a lovely man. I’m so gutted.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’m not sure how many people know of this player, he was an excellent passer and the main man for Cardiff for a good while.

My cousin was out with him to watch the rugby (England vs Wales). He was messing about outside and ended up hitting his head on the pavement. Sadly, it looks like the damage is irreversible. Very sad situation, he has children as well. I’be met him a few times and despite him playing for Cardiff he‘s a lovely man. I’m so gutted.
Sounds like an awful situation, if this was only a week ago do you think maybe it’s best to hold this information to yourself though? I can’t see any thing in the news about it and it’s essentially private medical information at this point.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Sounds like an awful situation, if this was only a week ago do you think maybe it’s best to hold this information to yourself though? I can’t see any thing in the news about it and it’s essentially private medical information at this point.
Was thinking the same. Perhaps @Damien could move it to the general as it’s private?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Poor guy. Thoughts with him and his family.

For me personally that's the worse thing I can imagine, if I was gonna go I'd wanna go.

If the family set up any help with medical stuff, funding etc, please post so people can help.

Ivor Ballokov

That's awful, hope it's not as bad as it sounds.

He was a lovely striker of the ball, didn't quite have all the attributes to make it in the Prem consistently but on his day he was a joy to watch.

Chicharito_

Wow that's really devastating.

Stories like that make you think as life can change at any moment.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Was thinking the same. Perhaps @Damien could move it to the general as it’s private?
yeah very good points actually. I posted without thinking it through, lots of people around here know about the incident but as far as I know it’s not been reported by any media, so best to wait until it’s been announced.

It’s such a horrible thing to have happened and I really feel for his family.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
That's awful, hope it's not as bad as it sounds.

He was a lovely striker of the ball, didn't quite have all the attributes to make it in the Prem consistently but on his day he was a joy to watch.
Yeah that’s a good assessment, did have lovely technique when it came to striking the balL
Wow that's really devastating.

Stories like that make you think as life can change at any moment.
Doesn’t it just? Something so small such as slipping and suddenly his and his family’s lives are changed forever.

Poor guy. Thoughts with him and his family.

For me personally that's the worse thing I can imagine, if I was gonna go I'd wanna go.

If the family set up any help with medical stuff, funding etc, please post so people can help.
Will do mate

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Shit I remember having him in my fantasy team because he had a really good delivery. Sad news and weird seeing it before it hits the public news.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I’ll give my cousin a text later to see what the current situation is. Had I known that it hadn’t been covered by the media yet I wouldn’t have posted, silly thing to do without checking first. For anyone unaware of him as a player there’s a few great compilations being shared.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
When I saw the news I thought it was because he had Coronavirus. Absolute shite for him and his family that it’s this scenario instead. :( poor guy.

Tarrou

I actually saw a news article this morning saying he died, seems social media jumped the gun and the rumours spread

Really hope he pulls through

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Damn. Sounds like such an innocuous thing. RIP.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
One of Cardiff's true club legends with 459 matches and 98 goals spanning a full decade. Also played under Ole during his time there. Absolutely awful situation, my deepest sympathies to his family and the Cardiff football community.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Terrible news, thoughts with his family at this difficult time. RIP

Utdstar01

Horrible news. Remember him being a very decent player. RIP and thoughts to his family.

Okey

Terrible news. Gone too soon. Cultured left foot and decent player. What an awful way to go. RIP Peter.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Terrible news. Sounded like a good guy and looked a decent player after I watched his goals compilation on youtube.
RIP.

RUCK4444

This happened in one of my local pubs, since retiring he moved to Barry town. Had been hearing information on this since the 07th of this month but it's all been kept very hush hush until Tuesday when the news broke.

I'm not a Cardiff City fan but have to say he was a very good player for their level, for a couple of seasons was definitely premier league quality in my opinion. And more importantly was a very nice fella.

RIP

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Horrible news. Scored some absolute bangers at Cardiff. I remember a couple of years ago they would play The Football League Show after MOTD and he seemed to score a screamer or be involved in a good goal for Cardiff each week. A shame that they achieved promotion as he was nearing retirement, Cardiff legend.

arthurka

I can relate my mate fell on his way home from a night out hit his head on the curb but stood back up and went home.. Died in his bed after coming home. This is terrible to hear.

RIP

diarm

Jesus that's awful. Could literally have been any one of us on any given night out.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Very, very sad news. Being originally from Cardiff, I knew of him well and scored a cracking number of absolutely ridiculous goals. Definitely in the group of "A scorer of beautiful goals". Never met him, but sounds as if he was a genuine human. Extremely sad.

RIP.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Blooming heck. This year just gets worse.

He was a championship manager legend. And always a wakeup call when someone younger than you goes.