PFA player of the year 2013

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Young Player Nominees are:

Welbeck, Wilshere, Lukaku, Bale, Benteke + Hazard

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Odd considering I don't think Carrick has played as well this season compared to last. Bale, Mata or RVP will win it though, I can't see Suarez being popular enough with the other players to win and I don't think Hazard has been here long enough..

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Wow Carrick is in there? He's easily been in our top 3 players for me this year.

Carl

Player of the year:

Carrick, Bale, Hazard, Mata, Suaraz + Van Persie

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Nominations for YPOTY

Christian Benteke, Romelu Lukaku, Danny Welbeck, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere and Eden Hazard

Wilshere's nomination is weird. As is Welbeck's TBH. Also why the feck is Bale up for YPOTY.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Odd considering I don't think Carrick has played as well this season compared to last. Bale, Mata or RVP will win it though, I can't see Suarez being popular enough with the other players to win and I don't think Hazard has been here long enough..
To be fair, you're probably one of the few that hold that opinion mind. Think it's a well deserved nomination.

Michu, Benteke and possibly Zabaleta all have good shouts of being up for the top award... more so Michu.

Think Bale will win it. Would like to see it go to Carrick or RVP of course... or Mata actually.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
To be fair, you're probably one of the few that hold that opinion mind. Think it's a well deserved nomination.

Michu, Benteke and possibly Zabaleta all have good shouts of being up for the top award... more so Michu.

Think Bale will win it. Would like to see it go to Carrick or RVP of course... or Mata actually.
I'm not saying he's been bad this season, I just think Carrick was better last season. He deserves the nomination either way but I wouldn't say I'd give it to him entirely based on this season's performance.

Carl

Nominations for YPOTY

Christian Benteke, Romelu Lukaku, Danny Welbeck, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere and Eden Hazard

Wilshere's nomination is weird. As is Welbeck's TBH. Also why the feck is Bale up for YPOTY.
Because he's young enough to qualify.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Hazard :lol:

As mentioned delighted to see Carrick there. Obviously he won't win it but he's at last getting some praise. I also thought he was better last year but this year he's pretty much our only good midfielder whereas last year Paul Scholes came back and did really well.

Carl

Is this the one where players nominate people in December or something just as daft?

Chabon

There's one really odd pick every season. A couple of years ago it was Charlie Adam, and in light of that Hazard doesn't seem so bad.

Ceks

Prefers em hot, and spicy
“We must respect the other fellow’s religion, but
Club Number of wins Winning years

Manchester United
1988–89, 1990–91, 1991–92, 1993–94, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2001–02, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2009–10
Arsenal
1978–79, 1997–98, 2002–03, 2003–04, 2011–12
Liverpool
1979–80, 1982–83, 1983–84, 1987–88, 2005–06
Tottenham Hotspur
1975–76, 1986–87, 1998–99, 2010–11
Aston Villa
1976–77, 1989–90, 1992–93
Everton
1984–85, 1985–86
Newcastle United
1995–96, 1996–97
Leeds United
1973–74
Derby County
1974–75
Nottingham Forest
1977–78
Ipswich Town
1980–81
Southampton
1981–82
Blackburn Rovers
1994–95
Chelsea
2004–05

No Man City players and only John Terry for has won it for Chelsea in recent years.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Don't understand the nominations of Welbeck and Wilshere for YPOTY, other than them being English. Hazard being nominated for POTY is just completely mystifying.

IrishLegend

Player of the Year is easily Bale.
Young Player of the Year again easy choice imo, Benteke, only reason Villa have a hope in hell of avoiding relegation, and it's his first season in English Football.

Welbeck and Wilshere should be no way near the nominations. Nastasic and DDG should easily be there in their place.

The POTY nominations are actually pretty fair. Edit: No Michu is abit of a ??? though.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I'd like Carrick to win it but I think it'll be RvP which is fine as well. Mata has also been immense for Chelsea. Don't know why the feck Hazard is on there, despite doing well for his first season in England. Bale will of course win YPOTY but I'm disappointed Welbeck's on there, wasn't really deserved in my opinion, I would rather have Rafael or DDG on that list. Or both, and get rid of Hazard. :) Also think Nastasic would've deserved to be on there, he's really impressed me and will be a brilliant player.

Carl

Player of the Year is easily Bale.
Young Player of the Year again easy choice imo, Benteke, only reason Villa have a hope in hell of avoiding relegation, and it's his first season in English Football.

Welbeck and Wilshere should be no way near the nominations. Nastasic and DDG should easily be there in their place.

The POTY nominations are actually pretty fair. Edit: No Michu is abit of a ??? though.
If Bale is easily POTY then how can he not be YPOTY also?

He's the best player but not the best young player? :wenger:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I can understand Hazard being on YPOTY but not the main one. Welbeck being on thereis very strange. As is Wilshere who didn't play most of the season. I actually think Carrick might have a chance of winning same as Mata. If its voted by the players then they will recognise as well as anyone the influence these two players have. I assume some wont vote for Suarez as they dislike him.
Depending on when the voting was done then Bale might not have been in as good of form as he has the last couple of months so might not be as nailed on as some think.

Oggmonster

Tbh, he should only be in one list, not both!
Well it would have to be the young player then, if he's nominated for POTY and he is eligible for both he HAS to be in both which logic would dictate really, how can you be the best overall player but not best young player for example? And I know he gets slated on here sometimes but he definitely deserves to be nominated for POTY this season.

The likes of Zabaleta, Rafael and de Gea could all be a bit annoyed to not make the lists. I think Fellaini has probably had a better season than Hazard to who has been very hit and miss, there's arguments for the likes of Michu to but I don't think he's been better than 5 players on that list and probably hasnt' been the 6th best player in the league. The 1st 5 pick themselves for me though.