View full 2014-15 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Timdbro

I thought he was very good, personally. I think most of the criticism here came just after the first half, where the totality of our defending and playing out from the back was shambolic, so not really fair to single Jones out. But he really kept us solid in the second half, with two very young defenders either side of him. And it wasn't just last ditch stuff as some have suggested, his positioning was often very good, he spotted the potential danger well in advance and made the appropriate decision quite a few times.

Silverman

I think Jones and Blackett have been the most impressive CB's so far. I wouldn't call Jones injury prone which means that I think with a good run of games he could develop into our best CB.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Been really solid after the shaky start. Will get more comfortable when playing in a settled back line. Hopefully Rafael, Shaw, Rojo are fit/ eligible to play soon.

Giggsforever

If Jones was injured at this point, we would loose every match. Feel sorry for him to have to clean up the mess after Valencia, Young, Blackett and Evans.

Redo91

Arguably our best player so far this season IMO. He's been surrounded by dire CB's in every game he's played so far this season but he has been holding it together well.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Been the only defender who has remembered how to defend this season. Just hope he stays fit and he should be starting most games at CB.

Personally, he'd have been my choice for vice-captain.

Kostur

海尔的老板
yeah Evans.
No, Evans is equally as shit but first 15 minutes for Jones was a fecking circus, he should be kissing de Gea's ass in the locker room right now. Thank God he somewhat settled after that period.

Oh my God we're arguing who's our worst defender.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Apart from the time he charged out and floored all in front of him which led to a free kicking being hopped off the cross bar he's done alright. The best of a bad lot at the back so far anyways.

Acole9

Outstanding
Held it together for us at the back today. Been impressed with his start to the season.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Are people really forgetting or trying to ignore the first 15 minutes from him? In 2nd minute we could've been 1-0 down after him charging like an idiot into their striker, crossbar saved us from the free kick. Then he was flopping around the pitch, slipping like Steven and positioning wrongly all the time. Credit where it's due, he's got his shit together later in the game but God, to call him 'best' or 'consistent' is just making my eyes bleed.

He's doing this kind of shit every single game. Stupid fouls, out of position just to do the last-ditch tackle that wouldn't be needed in first place if he wasn't going full retard all the time.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Are people really forgetting or trying to ignore the first 15 minutes from him? In 2nd minute we could've been 1-0 down after him charging like an idiot into their striker, crossbar saved us from the free kick. Then he was flopping around the pitch, slipping like Steven and positioning wrongly all the time. Credit where it's due, he's got his shit together later in the game but God, to call him 'best' or 'consistent' is just making my eyes bleed.

He's doing this kind of shit every single game. Stupid fouls, out of position just to do the last-ditch tackle that wouldn't be needed in first place if he wasn't going full retard all the time.
He is because the others have been dogshite.

ZDwyr

To be fair he's probably our player of the year so far. Was the best defender again today I thought. Still had a few bad moments but compared to the rest he was good.

izec

the only one showing passion and willingness to organise the defence. Evans has more to fight with himself and his lack of confidence. Complete liability at the moment.

ThanksBoss26

I hope he is now seen by the club as a centre half only and not a utility man, apart from in exceptional circumstances.

Done quite well so far this season.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
He was doing the job of 2 defenders, his and Evans'. Evans was shocking today whilst Jones was excellent. I'm not surprised he's the one to pull the weight as I always thought he's got the potential to succeed if he's given a chance at making that role his.

ZDwyr

Was good to see him constantly talking too. Gave Evans a bit of a bollocking at one point. We need some leadership.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Been by far our best defender so far this season. Blackett has done alright too but hopefully its a sign he's starting to step it up. Hopefully he stays clear of injuries.