Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Absolute

I've always thought he was a good player, although not in the attacking midfielder position where Fergie flirted with playing him. If he can stay fit and in the team, he might surprise us.

Unfortunately if is one of the more untrustworthy two letter words in the English language.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It shouldn't really surprise us he can put a decent performance in.
It's literally the fact we're surprised he's played 2 games in a row that says it all!

C'est Moi Cantona

I've always thought he was a good player, although not in the attacking midfielder position where Fergie flirted with playing him. If he can stay fit and in the team, he might surprise us.

Unfortunately if is one of the more untrustworthy two letter words in the English language.
Yes me too, I always rated him as a far better bet than Smalling, which if he was capable of staying fit he could well be (or have been), but now it just feels like we have moved on and he is marking time until he leaves.... probably for Sunderland.

Dobbs

It's a great cross and a very good header of the ball has a run on it. Not much you can do.

Always have been a fan of Jones, plays the game with the right spirit. I just want to see if the injuries have taken their toll, need to see him in a foot race with someone.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Him and Bailly could be an amazing duo if Jones could get himself fit.

Unfortunately I think that will never happen.

Sylar

I think hes better on the ball than Smalling but needs to remain fit and get a run of games. I think and Rojo work really good together and are balanced when next to each other. Rojo scares me at times when he has the ball at his feet, but his commitment is there.
Jones puts himself about (sometimes too much which causes injuries).

It is weird that hes only 24 cos it seems like hes been around ages. Such a shame what injuries have done to him for the last few years, but hopefully thats behind him. ... hopefully.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's better on the ball than Smalling, but there's not much in it. Smalling is still a better defender. The Chelsea game has painted Smalling as a totally useless donkey, when he was one of the best in the league last season. I'd rather Smalling came back and returned to form than look to rely on Jones long term.

Footyislife

Should have been a foul on Koshielny as he pushed Jones in the back as he was going for the header. The way Marriner was calling the game though not surprising it wasn't given.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Really good game again from him. Even under LvG, when fit (the 5 games or so), he played pretty well. He is easily a more complete player than smalling, but its just terrible luck with injuries.

InfiniteBoredom

Jones has always been a better footballer than Smalling, because the latter's football education was really lacking at an early age. However, he can't stay fit even if his life depends on it and I'm not even sure his mindset is that of a proper defender. Always feel that he should be deployed further up as a destroyer/water carrier type.

We need him at the moment, but with Bailly in the team it'll be very hard for him to find his way in regularly even if he's available, which is a miracle to begin with.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Kevin Moran thought he was awful yesterday.

He was at the match and said he never once contested a header and was just awful in general.

Begs the question in regards his "fear" of going for headers....What the feck was he doing on the floor?

Loublaze

ATLien

He was at the match and said he never once contested a header and was just awful in general.

Begs the question in regards his "fear" of going for headers....What the feck was he doing on the floor?
He went down too fecking easily.

jojose

I am one of his biggest critics. I thought he was a poor signing. His positioning is dreadful. His reading of the game isn’t good. His discipline in holding his position is the worst I have ssen from a United centre back…..ever! But he’s brave and committed, when he’s fit and he’s had a couple of solid games since coming back.

My major issue with him, and it was apparent against both Arsenal and Swansea. He’s always the bloke who is closest to the bloke scoring! Always.

In his defence on Saturday. As Giroud game on, Mourinho indicated to Rojo “1 vs 1” pointing to Rojo and the oncoming Giroud.

ALl that being said, I think these two might get a good run out together, something which they will both benefit from. As a team we'll benefit also, that will free Daley Blind up to alternate at the base of midfield with Carrick and allow Pogba and Herrera to do their thing. Which is what we should be looking to do.

superdry

touched by a genius
I just hope he can stay in the mix and play, or keep pressure on others for a position in the team. If he manages to stay fit, progress and actually become a key player, that would be an unexpected bonus.

Dobbs

I'd say that's a bit harsh because until Giroud came on there was barely a header to contest.

A centre half can't win non existent high balls.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Despite the draw, it must have been great for you to play at Old Trafford again?
It was great, personally, for me. I really enjoyed it. It's been a difficult period for me, so it was nice to have back-to-back games against Swansea and Arsenal. It is good to be back in the fold and playing again.

Was it mentally tough to be on the sidelines for so long?
It is awful but as a footballer you can’t feel sorry for yourself, go into a little hole and never come out of your home. You have got to go about your day as you would normally, work hard in training and I have worked to get back to where I am now. I want to stay here and I want to play more games.

Your performance didn’t resemble somebody playing their second match of the season…
I have worked hard on my fitness, it has been tough mentally for me and it has been so frustrating. I can’t put into words how frustrating it has been, but that is behind me and I want to move forward to play as many games as I can.

Did you decide to take longer when coming back to make sure you are right this time?
Yeah, probably. Not ridiculously longer but I wanted to make sure that I was 100 per cent right going into the first game. I was fit for a good few weeks before the Swansea game with training, and it was the training that I needed, but you can never replicate the game. Training and games are two different things. The Premier League is so quick and sharp these days. It is games that I need and hopefully I can keep getting them.

Are you ready to play in every game now, or do you need to be used sparingly for a while?
I am ready to play but I think I have also got to look after myself as well and think right. If I do feel something then I am honest, but I am ready, I am fit and ready to play.

The manager has spoken well about you – it must be nice to have him in your corner?
Yeah definitely, it is nice for any player to hear the manager say nice things. He has been great for us since he has come in, he shows a lot of confidence in all of the players which is great.

Is there a hungrier player in the United dressing room than you?
Listen, everyone is hungry to play football, but I am just as hungry as anyone else. I want to play, I want to fight for this club and I will do that until somebody tells me to stop.

Have the injuries to Chris Smalling and Eric Bailly presented you with an opportunity?
Yeah of course. But I can’t keep thinking it is an opportunity because sometimes that can play on your mind. I am just focusing on game to game, playing football, doing what I love doing and I will go from there.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Leicester, Brexit, Trump, and now Jones playing two games in a row and still being fit. What has the world come to?

m1y2

He was decent considering he hasnt played for so long and was partnered with Rojo who is a similar player, losing header against Giroud can happen to anyone but I am pretty sure had Smalling been there, we wouldn't lose, that'swhy we need him back, he's by far the best header of the ball in the team, and Rojo niether Jones are big enough to be paired against one of the best in the air strikers in the EPL.. Let Jones paly and see how he does but it's defo Smalling who should start next to Rojo if he's fit

m1y2

Should have been a foul on Koshielny as he pushed Jones in the back as he was going for the header. The way Marriner was calling the game though not surprising it wasn't given.
I never blame referees and we should have won it anyway but it was this game when the ref was acting like a cnut, could have blown a pen out of two situations, one a tackle on Martial and one handball, Ramsey had also three yellow card challenges etc... I wouldn't be surprised if Jose was being ironic regarding his comments towards Mariner..

It's not a good match the most hated football club in the premier league and the most hated coach, we could get away with that with Ferguson but the situation was a bit different, when we start winning we can put the pressure on referees more, right now it will turn on us...

Robertd0803

Well Im happy for him that he is fit again, can't imagine how frustrating it must have been for him to be sitting on the sidelines so long and having your reputation turn in to a joke. That being said I think all of us are expecting him to pull up again soon :(

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Every time the caf gives up on him, he finds a way of pulling people back.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I love his attitude! Great character and from what I can see a wonderful young lad. I wish him all the best and I will not be surprised if he manage to keep his place as a starter over the Christmas period.

Man Utd 4:0 Feyenoord

the hea

Good game today, he was solid in his defending and he looked very calm on the ball. I know he will most likely get injured soon again but there is a very good defender under all those injuries and if he by some miracle could get over those problems he could become a vital part of Mourinho's United team.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Really impressing how calm and assured he looks after not playing football in months, looks quite a player at the moment. With Bailly, Rojo in CB, Jones, Blind and hopefully Smalling back to his normal form, we have some pretty solid defenders.

Devil may care

Another good outing, he's certainly looking a lot less rash since he came back and he used the ball well today.

Tiber

Have always liked Jones. I felt bad for him because of all those injuries rsther than resented him.

Hope he can turn his career around

Raw

He's done brilliantly since returning, fair fecks to him! I'd like to see how he'll do when we're up against a team that's really putting the pressure on us, as I think we've had it a bit easy these last few games.

Really thought we'd be completely finished with Bailly getting injured.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's this unusual combination of being a completely fearless lunatic defender, while being classy on the ball. Blows hot and cold and injury record is dire but there's the makings of a cracking centre-half there. I reckon Jose love him already. His sort of defender.

SteveW

He's better on the ball than Smalling, but there's not much in it. Smalling is still a better defender. The Chelsea game has painted Smalling as a totally useless donkey, when he was one of the best in the league last season. I'd rather Smalling came back and returned to form than look to rely on Jones long term.
It's irritating how quickly people dismiss Smalling. He basically has to be perfect all the time. He's been brilliant for two years but one bad game he played with a broken toe changes all that. Madness.

Jones suffers the same fate. He's almost always played well for us. But apparently because he can't stay fit he must be a useless brain dead twat. we really do have some shit supporters

SteveW

He's this unusual combination of being a completely fearless lunatic defender, while being classy on the ball. Blows hot and cold and injury record is dire but there's the makings of a cracking centre-half there. I reckon Jose love him already. His sort of defender.
Nah he's a waste of space. Just spends his time injuring teammates. Worst player ever :rolleyes:

Thanks for telling it like it is. He's a good fecking player.

Status
Not open for further replies.