Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Its only a matter of time before he breaks again

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is it a coincidence that as Jones gets back to fitness and training, the rest of the squad starts dropping like flies?

Ole90+3

Holy feck. The turnaround in opinion in this thread after one good match! :lol:

It's obviously more down to the manager calling out Shaw and Smalling for being wimps, and fans now taking to Jones because he's actually got a bit of balls.

Let's not forget the 10% chance of Jones staying fit for longer than a week.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
His commitment for us has always been top notch however his body has let him down.

Still if he can still be fit for us he will add so much to the team

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
His commitment for us has always been top notch however his body has let him down.

Still if he can still be fit for us he will add so much to the team
Agreed. A bit of a headleass chicken at times, but his commitment and bravery on the pitch is second to none. Can't remember what game it was, maybe vs Arse where he played as a DM and just completely shut them down on his own

Often wonder just how could he could have become had he not been injured 90% of the time

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He was at fault for their goal

Good run out for him regardless, but let's not split hairs.
Hopefully he goes through a period without injury.

dichinero

It's obviously more down to the manager calling out Shaw and Smalling for being wimps, and fans now taking to Jones because he's actually got a bit of balls.

That's how this place is. If not for the international, some will be burning effigies of some players this weekend!

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Agreed. A bit of a headleass chicken at times, but his commitment and bravery on the pitch is second to none. Can't remember what game it was, maybe vs Arse where he played as a DM and just completely shut them down on his own

Often wonder just how could he could have become had he not been injured 90% of the time
Was it last year when he tackled giroud on the ground with he's head, the lads certainly got heart/balls.

lysglimt

Scout

I don't think there is a single person here who questions Phil Jones' talent and commitment. I still think he could turn out to be a quality defender so I am opposed to those saying we should sell him...yet. But for every injury the patience wears thinner. But ironically - he may have saved his United-career yesterday simply by playing.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Don't get this overpraising of him. He's just being used by Jose to send a message to the likes of Smalling - highly doubt Jose actually rates the guy for us long term.

If anyone is the epitome of not being able to play with constant niggles it is this guy.

AR87

Don't get this overpraising of him. He's just being used by Jose to send a message to the likes of Smalling - highly doubt Jose actually rates the guy for us long term.

If anyone is the epitome of not being able to play with constant niggles it is this guy.
Maybe Jose doesn't rate him, but Jones not playing isn't because his knee is feeling sore, it's because he's had a myriad of very serious injuries, which are virtually impossible to play with. Jones' issues are completely unrelated to toughness or commitment to the club.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If anything, Jones has to be tough in order to prove something. He's such an injury prone mess he knows that his window to prove himself is minuscule, so even matches where he is 'feeling sore' are matches he will have to play no matter what.

3KDré

How tall is he? On wiki it says Rojo is 187cm and Jones is 1.8m, which i refuse to believe. They look very similar in height.

Loublaze

ATLien
How tall is he? On wiki it says Rojo is 187cm and Jones is 1.8m, which i refuse to believe. They look very similar in height.
I agree. Jones has to be at least 6'1. Him and Rojo are almost the same height. Jones looks taller in this pic but it doesn't seem like they're standing shoulder to shoulder.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!

He's exactly what I'd call a Mourinho player and Mourinho has seen his arguably best game for us which Jose has mentioned a couple of times if my memory serves me right.

Loublaze

ATLien
He's exactly what I'd call a Mourinho player and Mourinho has seen his arguably best game for us which Jose has mentioned a couple of times if my memory serves me right.
I don't see him getting much game time when all our other CBs are back fit

Omar Little

Me too, and i hope so.
So hard to tell with Jones how good a defender he can actually be. He's always returning from injury at a time when he needs to be thrown straight into the action, instead of eased back in. Sometimes he looks really rusty, which is understandable but sometimes he looks like a really good defender. Either way, he'll invariably end up injured again, not long after.

I'd say by this stage he has some sort of weird codependent relationship with our physio.

Loublaze

ATLien
If he's fit, I can see him getting regular playing time.
IMO he should consider himself lucky if he's still at United after the next summer transfer window. The fact Mourinho has overlooked him even when injury free for Blind says a lot to me. He needs to make every appearance before the next inevitable injury count

Minimalist

Not good enough. I see apologists saying he had too much to do for the goal - nonsense. He was feeble.

Sick of him.

Walters_19_MuFc

Was fantastic today. Bare in mind this is his second game back after a year. Top class. Unlucky for the goal. Was fouled by Koscielny but the cnut of a ref didn't do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.