Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyJ1985

Perfect return game for jones. Not under any major pressure but being able to pass it a bit with a couple of good headed clearances

And he gets two weeks to recover

Am I being naive to still have hope for him?
Yep, some people never learn. One good performance and everyone on here goes over the top, and suddenly shit players like Rojo and Jones are back to being great. Then the following week we go back to playing like shit and it's doom and gloom again and we should sell half the team.

Walters_19_MuFc

Been good. Not been massively tested, but has dealt with anything he's had to deal with. Been good aerially. Hope he can stay fit. Think Mourinho would love Jones if he can stay fit.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Yep, some people never learn. One good performance and everyone on here goes over the top, and suddenly shit players like Rojo and Jones are back to being great. Then the following week we go back to playing like shit and it's doom and gloom again and we should sell half the team.
In fairness I've always been a jones fan

I usually stick up for him

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Hasn't been tested defensively, I agree, but he's much better on the ball than Smalling.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
He'll run through brick walls for Mourinho which is why he's fancied him, clearly he's getting fecked off with some of the players coasting.

3KDré

Good performance thus far but he's had nothing to do. We should wait for a game against better opposition to judge him again.

podurban2

It's actually impressive how a player can play so little in the last 1-2 years and then cope with a PL game for 90 minutes. What a player he could (still) become.

iKeano

Perfect return game for jones. Not under any major pressure but being able to pass it a bit with a couple of good headed clearances

And he gets two weeks to recover

Am I being naive to still have hope for him?
Yes.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Should have done better for the goal. He just let his man go. That aside, he looked decent. Happy for him to get a full 90 minutes. It probably won't be, but I hope this is the turning point for his fitness and career, whether here or elsewhere.

Rossa

Should have done better for the goal. He just let his man go. That aside, he looked decent. Happy for him to get a full 90 minutes. It probably won't be, but I hope this is the turning point for his fitness and career, whether here or elsewhere.
Wasn't it Pogba's man? He looked to be in-between Pogba and Fellaini to me.

Lowkey

IF (and that is a massive IF). IF he can stay fit, then he will be captain after Rooney and can lead this team. Can be Jose's John Terry. However, very early days and has much to do. Needs to stay fit and play but is a very big bonus for us with Bailly's injury

kundalini

Their goal was a bit of a mess. Player would have been offside but for some of our players dropping deep too early. I couldn't tell who was meant to be marking the goal scorer. Apart from that, Jones seemed to do ok.

Marcelinho87

That was Pogba's for me, plus Fellaini was in the vicinity.

Devil may care

He did fine, perfect game to return in as Swansea offered next to no threat for most of the game.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Did well considering how long he's been out for but he was against one of the worst teams in the league who were playing awfully. Hard to judge whether he's worth hanging onto until he's played in a game where he's actually tested.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
As shite as Swansea are, he still did well. Wasn't that tested defensively but it's his on the ball composure while still being alright defensively that makes him just a better player then Smalling for me. Injuries have killed him and I doubt he'll ever get over them while he is at United, but I'm glad he put in a decent 90 minutes for once. Now the huge challenge will be staying fit over the international break in order to play the arsenal game.

itso 7

As shite as Swansea are, he still did well. Wasn't that tested defensively but it's his on the ball composure while still being alright defensively that makes him just a better player then Smalling for me. Injuries have killed him and I doubt he'll ever get over them while he is at United, but I'm glad he put in a decent 90 minutes for once. Now the huge challenge will be staying fit over the international break in order to play the arsenal game.
That he made it unscathed is good enough news though we will have to wait, at least until Wednesday to be sure.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Really happy for him,not really expecting anything from him because we have had these comebacks a few times. But I would be glad if a player who had so much potential would be able to atleast have a career again

facund

Surprised he didn't show any real signs of rust after spending so long out. Looked reasonably composed on the ball and did the little defending he had to do quite well (freekick aside). With Bailly out this is literally his last chance if he wants to stick around much longer, I wish him the best of luck.

Sylar

Yeah, I thought he was fault on the goal as it looked like it was his guy.

But other than that, it was the perfect game to play. Hardly any pressure at all. Probably could have played Romero there.

Walters_19_MuFc

Good steady game from Jonesy. Hoping he can build from here. With Bailly and Smalling out, this is his time stake his claim.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Mourinho specifically mentioned him after the game. Said the Jones was saying he was ready to play, adamant he wanted to help the team, even though Mourinho knew there was no chance he was physically ready for 90 minutes, but he was ready in his head which is what matters most. Had the right mentality. If he can stay fit, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him get a bit of an extended run in the team. Mourinho seems to like his mentality even if he's made of glass.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I am the biggest Jones fan here but, even I am just happy he lasted 90 minutes. The fact that he was actually decent is spectacular.

Dobbs

I am the biggest Jones fan here but, even I am just happy he lasted 90 minutes. The fact that he was actually decent is spectacular.
I'd challenge you to that mantle. There's just something inherently enjoyable about watching Jones play.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Hats off!

This is a player with the right mentality, if he's good enough future will tell.

Looking forward to see him again in the first team against Arsenal. Likable character.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
For all the calamity jones jokes his fitness issues must have been really getting too him. Fantastic for him to step in like that and act like he hasn't missed a minute.

People that wanted him sold are mental, he's still fairly young and a decent CB.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Very happy for him. I was quite disappointed by the criticism and even hate thrown at him earlier in the thread. I hope he stays healthy and makes those people regret their words.

MounchesterUtd

He had a great match. No one is calling him the next Baresi or Beckenbauer. Not sure where the needless negativity is coming from.

Long may it continue. It may not, but still, he's a nice squad player to have when healthy.

tomaldinho1

Ability wise he was always one Fergie mentioned and every manager since has obviously seen enough to keep him around. If he can stay fit he will be a great asset because he plays pretty much across the back 4 and CM as I recall. Happy for the lad.

Tiber

Jones get a lot of unfair shit around here - hardly his fault that he is hurt.

Would love to see him turn his career around

SirAF

Ageist
Jones get a lot of unfair shit around here - hardly his fault that he is hurt.

Would love to see him turn his career around
This. After so many years I just can't see him getting fit permanently, but there is no denying his talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.