Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Something is seriously wrong at the club. It could be that we're too soft towards our players and they take full advantage of it.

Evans couldn't keep himself fit even during the off-season so that he's always injured when the season started and the same Evans nowadays hardly misses any games through injury. Not even a contact injury! Nani always had his hamstring injury during his time here and the same Nani played every single game the very first season he's away!

I'm pretty sure as soon as Jones leaves the club he'll become fully fit again and considering he's only 24, won't be surprised if he becomes the monster of a player that he showed during the early stages of his career.
I've wondered that as well..

red_john

Phil has a huge task on his hands to get his starting position back. If im honest, I don't think he ever will now with the likes of Fosu, Tuanzebe and Williams all coming through.

DevilRed

Gutted that he is out again. But how on earth do you sustain another injury despite not playing a single minute of football?

Varun

Staff
Gutted that he is out again. But how on earth do you sustain another injury despite not playing a single minute of football?
Training.

Also, it'll be bloody tough to sell him if he has long left on his contract, people wondering why we havent so far should consider what we're paying him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's truly incredible. How does he keep doing such an array of injuries.

I think the time he got DVT said it all. Which footballers get that for frig sake!

Just when he might have got a game or 2 as well with the Europa/league cup starting

klayton88

Joke of a footballer. To think I got heat in another thread for saying one of the worst things we've done in recent years is give this man a new 4 year contract.

Djemba-Djemba

SAF didn't sing his praises for nothing. Jones was very, very highly regarded. Don't be daft
He was very highly regarded and looked very promising when we signed him 5 years ago yeah.

But the last few years, even on the incredibly rare occasions he isn't injured he's not been impressive.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's just moved Ashley Young into second place for players I'd forgotten were still at the club.

kotha

Injured again!! :houllier:

He's had horrid luck with injuries.. Can't seem to get a run of games without getting injured.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's the same injury isn't it?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sounds like he's injured himself again, whilst already injured?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Apart from potentially being the best player ever for the club, he's nowhere near good enough for ledley king levels of patience.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
At this point I doubt even Stoke would take him. We need Moysey to hold on till Christmas.

Devil may care

If, and it's a big if, he can get fit for January, we should send him on loan as I doubt anyone will buy him until he's shown he can string a run of games together.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If, and it's a big if, he can get fit for January, we should send him on loan as I doubt anyone will buy him until he's shown he can string a run of games together.
He can't though. He's already proven that. Even if he went 10 games without injury, you'd always know that another breakdown is not far away. It's crazy at his age but he's now entering the realms of a 'pay as you play' deal elsewhere if we were to move him on.

gza the genius

How anyone could still have any sortve hope that he'll make it here is beyond me. He gets injured without even playing any games, and then re-injures himself while recovering. We need to do anything we can to get rid and bring in someone who can at least manage to not get hurt while sitting on the sidelines.

iKeano

His goal against Shakhtar was a nice one. I think he defended against Cristiano Ronaldo pretty good, I think.
Haha... straight down the keepers throat and still went in.
Citing two incidents from 2013 in his defence... that about sums Jones up.

Last time I saw him was towards the end of last season playing for the u21's against Chelsea, where he was nutmegged no less than 3 times in one 45min period. Out of breath, out of shape and out of ideas... those Chelsea kids had a field day against him. A humiliation of sorts.
Pretty good you think? Who's place would he take in the current XI and who would he push off the bench?

hirotan69er

Haha... straight down the keepers throat and still went in.
Citing two incidents from 2013 in his defence... that about sums Jones up.

Last time I saw him was towards the end of last season playing for the u21's against Chelsea, where he was nutmegged no less than 3 times in one 45min period. Out of breath, out of shape and out of ideas... those Chelsea kids had a field day against him. A humiliation of sorts.
Pretty good you think? Who's place would he take in the current XI and who would he push off the bench?
I'm not saying that he golden, but he does have his moments. RB is the only weak spot right now. If Jones is fit and if TFM performs like he did last time, I'd say it's fair to give Jones a chance to show what he can do, but without any promises.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.