g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Phil Jones image 4

Phil Jones England flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

the hea

Very good game from Jones, IF and it is a very big if he can stay away from injuries I think he will be a very important player for us this season.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
How can anyone blame him for that goal I don't know.

Dante

Average bang
Jones was very good all game. Giroud was a substitute. I *think* it was Schneiderlin who was supposed to be marking him.

facund

Really impressed at how he has stepped back in after so long out. Not perfect but if this is how he plays rusty I really hope he can reach full sharpness and show us all what he is about.

criticalanalysis

Yeah surprised the lack of criticism on Jone's behalf for the goal. Sure he was marking Koscielny but surely he should have done better and challenge for that in the first place. Had he held his position/stood strong/backed up he might have affected that ball.

Maybe I'm being harsh and maybe Valencia should have helped him out but it doesn't surprise me that goal came down his side. I expect that from Jones. He's been very good in two fairly easy games (yes today was 'easy' imo for the defence against a very lacklustre Arsenal) but that concentration is not there.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Was good considering he's been without football for so long.

Scary that we're relying on him and Rojo in a game this big though.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Him and Bailly could be a great partnership, if he can stay fit. Was great today, he wasn't at fault for the goal, infact I thought there was a hint of a foul on him before the header.

VanGaalEra

Was too angry to watch the replays rationally, why did he just fall down?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He ended match without any visible injuries and he's probably fit to play next match. In his situation it's a positive sign.

Let's see what happens from there.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Actually looked very good. Maybe, could have done more for the goal? I know Koscielny being there made it difficult for him to mark 2 men but it's the type of challenge you'd see Vidic flying into.

Devil may care

Had a good game today, made some timely interceptions, maybe he's been training his brain while his body was out of comission.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Coming off of injury, and putting in decent performance with Rojo. For once, I have a slight hope of him as CB.

tomaldinho1

He's always been good we just need his body to hold together. So annoyed, after that Rojo miss you just knew they'd punish us the way our luck has been

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Won't get too excited. He always used to have a few decent games amidst a sea of nearly making a giant mess of things. He wasn't tested in the slightest today

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Arsenal barely had any chance but when they wanted a goal they got it. The new Duncan Edwards my arse, if you had to squeeze all the talent out of all our CBs (bar Bailly) you'll barely get Rio's right toe

thepolice123

Him and Rojo were very incisive and quick in releasing the ball out of defence. Helped our attacking play a lot.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Credit where due. I've given him shit in the past because in all honesty I don't rate him and think another spell with the physios is inevitable but he has done well in his last couple of games which is impressive considering how long he has been out.

Red_toad

Both Rojo & Jones were very good once again.
Shame he's being blamed for the equaliser, might as well blame Dave as well for not catching the cross. Some posters on here are just terrible.
Personally saw many many positives in the teams performance. Arse were very lucky.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No complaints really. Ideally could have been closer to giroud but he had koscielny up there with him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.